Week 7 - SF/DH/ET - Thread The Second

in Match-ups

Posted by: SyntheticIrony.1823

SyntheticIrony.1823

lots of delusional ppl mentioning my guild. hmm I guess see you on the field.

They are onto you!! QUICK RUN!!!! <3

Aurena Navarian- StaR
Sorrows Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: EricL.5861

EricL.5861

Wow I lost track of time SyntheticIrony! Looking back on food consumption it was almost 2 hours. Yeah it was a blast and AKD had some good fights against StaR on the ramp to the second floor. Those were some battles. Couldn’t had done it without our server calling to arms. Looking forward to next season and congrats on your placement.

Hagance, 80 Guardian, Commander/ Guild Leader
Server: ET
Guild: AKD

Hagance, 80 Guardian, Commander/ Guild Leader
Server: DragonBrand
Guild: AKD

in Match-ups

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

If you guys had 2 maps queued (EB/SF BL) then you definitely had 2.5, because there was a large zerg in our BL right from the get-go. And didn’t you take a keep in ET as well?

If memory serves me right, at reset there was no queue for EB. I remember this because it’s usually the first map that gets queued along with our BL, I arrived like 15 minutes late for reset and got a surprise seeing there was no queue

Of course, as time went on we eventually queued it, but at least for the start of the matchup there was no queue in EB.

Interesting. An SF person said in the previous thread that it was queued, so I assumed it was.

I can say with some certainty (as the majority of my playtime is reset nights) that we have few to no queues in most borderlands this past Friday, and as Manoa said when there was one it was for a few minutes if that. As a comparison, about one or 2 matches ago, I came home after reset started, and i was in a queue until 2am EST. Our turn out for this past reset was WAY low, and i know for me at least i had horrible lag reset night/was bounced from the game about 5 times with a bad connection (all on my end, yay comcast). DH has definitely stepped it up some this week so kudos to them (although to the war i was 1v1ing last night that had to drop back for your 10+ to come in and save your bacon, for shame).

Its been fun the few times I’ve gotten to play though.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

This was probably the biggest disappointment match during the final week of the WvW season. I honestly thought there would be a close match between DH and SF. I honestly picked SF to win this but with it being so close, I thought DH stood an equal chance to win.

I clearly overestimated SF, DH deserves 2nd place in the Bronze League.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

This was probably the biggest disappointment match during the final week of the WvW season. I honestly thought there would be a close match between DH and SF. I honestly picked SF to win this but with it being so close, I thought DH stood an equal chance to win.

I clearly overestimated SF, DH deserves 2nd place in the Bronze League.

/agree

After losing to SF week one I think that its clear DH really stepped up their game. DH is probably the most improved server in bronze league. Congratulations to DH on taking second place in the league.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

To reiterate…

After what happened to the last thread, please let’s reserve this thread for discussion among SF, DH and ET players only.

Our last thread devolved after players from other servers who were not involved in this particular match-up felt the need to start posting in our match-up thread and baited people into a flame war. When other servers ceased posting in our new match-up thread, we’ve been able to have a civil thread.

If you’re not in this match-up, please stop posting in this thread. This thread is to for the participants of this match-up to discuss the current match-up. If you’re from another server and like to extend congratulations to this match-up’s winner, there’s a dedicated league thread just for that purpose.

Also, the hows and whys of SF’s performance as compared to DH was already discussed extensively in the previous thread. We seriously do not need to go there again.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adaxia.5406

Adaxia.5406

Since its now impossible for DH to loose, I would like to thank all the commanders and players who made this upset possible. Everyone did some really great work these past few weeks, and hopefully tonight we will get a good reward for our efforts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

DH, let me cap smc a bunch of times. I want 20 achievement points.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gman.3789

Gman.3789

Since its now impossible for DH to loose, I would like to thank all the commanders and players who made this upset possible. Everyone did some really great work these past few weeks, and hopefully tonight we will get a good reward for our efforts.

“Upset” lol.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvwmain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

DH is probably the most improved server in bronze league. Congratulations to DH on taking second place in the league.

I disagree… I belive the server that most improved was Anvil Rock.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Hay everyone, thank you fellow bronze leaguers for a season of ups and downs. At the start of the season, DH was basically purged of our veteren players and WvW guilds, and through a lot of tenacity and iron hide we were able to rally the PvXers, a handful of vets, and a whole lotta PvEers. The nature of the game is what kept them around, thinking back to what got me hooked on WvW to begin with. But map chat and TS are fun, people are in good spirits, and I think everyone on my server is very proud of our performance this season. I’m still friends with a lot of my PvE guildies from the very first guild I was in on this game, and those who logged on solely to do dungeons are now putting overtime hours into WvW. Talking to people who used to only PvE before, there is a lot of excitement about WvW now. That was the outcome I had hoped for Darkhaven, so I’d just like to give a thank you to my servermates who stuck it out and to the other servers in bronze league- best fighters NA and people I’m happy to be fighting against: HoD, SF, GoM, FC, ET, DR, AR,* and honorary mention to NSP and IOJ, looking forward to fighting you guys again soon.
*insert Kaineng here with some extra special sauce- they are fabulous too. :x

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

(edited by melodey.4652)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

and people I’m happy to be fighting against: HoD, SF, GoM, FC, ET, DR, AR, and honorary mention to NSP and IOJ, looking forward to fighting you guys again soon.

You only mentioned 7 of your 8 Bronze League opponents. Poor Kaineng!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tryden.6738

Tryden.6738

That was a blast at SM last night. Haven’t seen something like that in a while. Was in a bit over my head with commanding that slaughterfest, but hope it got people a lot of loot bags.

Great match up and a big thank you to all the commanders and their hard work on all sides this season.

Tryden The Illmatic, Darkhaven commander
Co-leader of [MEAN]
http://vindictiveonline.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

i guess kain isnt a real server anymore, RIP Kaining we barely knew you.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

“Upset” lol.

Yes, upset. SF beat us week 1 of leagues and from that point on was the favorite for second (and some people thought first). 90% of people, when asked, said SF would take 2nd (again, after leagues began). I refer you to the bronze league thread where nearly every prediction places Dh behind SF.

So yes, it was an upset. Also, rankings meant nothing kitten had placed higher against FC then Dh did pre-season. Even pre season it’s arguable that SF was the favorite for 2nd, once season started it’s not even debatable.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Gman.3789

“Upset” lol.

Yes, upset. SF beat us week 1 of leagues and from that point on was the favorite for second (and some people thought first). 90% of people, when asked, said SF would take 2nd (again, after leagues began). I refer you to the bronze league thread where nearly every prediction places Dh behind SF.

So yes, it was an upset. Also, rankings meant nothing kitten had placed higher against FC then Dh did pre-season. Even pre season it’s arguable that SF was the favorite for 2nd, once season started it’s not even debatable.

“Rankings meant nothing.”

> Implying BG/JQ should be bronze-league servers.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Geoski.1407

Geoski.1407

Shout out to my homies in Basic! Glad to see you guys are alive and kickin. I won’t be playing for awhile but i’m planning on coming back.

I hope you guys are still kicking kitten just as bad as this 16v20 GvG we had awhile back.

-Your faithful asuran guardian Lil Homie G skillet gangsta thuggy C

Lil Homie, Asura Guardian
Check [Mate] | Darkhaven
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself”

(edited by Geoski.1407)

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

“Upset” lol.

No I meant in that particular instance. SF had placed higher than Dh against FC and so were favorites over Dh, thereby making it so rankings were not considered accurate even at that time.

Face it man, you guys got upset. Don’t fight it. Your server may not have felt like you’d win, but everyone else (cept for some HoD folks) did.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Match-ups

Gman.3789

“Upset” lol.

No I meant in that particular instance. SF had placed higher than Dh against FC and so were favorites over Dh, thereby making it so rankings were not considered accurate even at that time.

Face it man, you guys got upset. Don’t fight it. Your server may not have felt like you’d win, but everyone else (cept for some HoD folks) did.

“I meant in that particular instance”

> Facts don’t match my view of the world, so I will ignore them.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

“Upset” lol.

Are you reading my posts? I gave you facts to back up my assertion. SF placed higher against FC than Dh and so was viewed as a favorite over Dh. You’re ignoring my points, repeatedly, it’s dishonest.

Cheap 1 liners do not make a rebuttal. Try again.

To repeat:

-SF placed higher than SF against FC pre season.
-SF beat Dh week 1.
-SF beat servers like FC far more than Dh did, and thus was viewed as stronger.
-SF had been higher ranked than Dh until 2 consecutive losses to HoD.
-SF was repeatedly predicted by many people in bronze league thread to be number 2 over Dh.

Those are the “facts” that you’re ignoring to preserve your world view. I suggest you shape up and stop letting wishful thinking decide your opinion. SF was the favorite, Dh was the underdog.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Shout out to my homies in Basic! Glad to see you guys are alive and kickin. I won’t be playing for awhile but i’m planning on coming back.

I hope you guys are still kicking kitten just as bad as this 16v20 GvG we had awhile back.

-Your faithful asuran guardian Lil Homie G skillet gangsta thuggy C

Homie! Come back soon, we miss you

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Gman.3789

“Upset” lol.

Are you reading my posts? I gave you facts to back up my assertion. SF placed higher against FC than Dh and so was viewed as a favorite over Dh. You’re ignoring my points, repeatedly, it’s dishonest.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.
-SF was repeatedly predicted by many people in bronze league thread to be number 2 over Dh.

Those are the “facts” that you’re ignoring to preserve your world view. I suggest you shape up and stop letting wishful thinking decide your opinion. SF was the favorite, Dh was the underdog.

You are confusing the two words “perception” and “fact.” Bullet point 4 of your own diatribe very concisely demonstrates that. Well done!

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

To the lvl 80 warrior who ran from my lvl 10 staff ele only to come double team me afterwards(although it was my fault for sticking around and then failing to jump over the side of the bridge cause im an idiot.) thanks for the laugh that made my week i had no clue my toon was so scary. On a side note why hasnt there been a 3 way lowbie mosh pit in the new obsidian sanctum area yet? someone make that happen.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

“Upset” lol.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.

You are confusing the two words “perception” and “fact.” Bullet point 4 of your own diatribe very concisely demonstrates that. Well done!

An upset is, by definition, “an unexpected result or situation, esp. in a sports competition.” Expectations are, by definition, perceptions and while perceptions and facts usually correlate, they are not by themselves facts.

Everyone will admit Dh is stronger than SF. We are the stronger server, obviously. That doesn’t mean we weren’t perceived to be weaker, which is exactly my point. It is a FACT that we were PERCEIVED to be weaker.

gg

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

“Upset” lol.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.

Sf was ranked lower than fc before the seasons started.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

“Upset” lol.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.

Yeah. I’m saying they were the fav over Dh, not over FC. FC was the fav over both.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

“Upset” lol.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.

Yeah. I’m saying they were the fav over Dh, not over FC. FC was the fav over both.

Both FC and DH were ranked higher than SF…
The order was: Kaineng/HoD/FC/DH/SF/ET/GoM/DR/AR

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Gman.3789

“Upset” lol.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.

An upset is, by definition, “an unexpected result or situation, esp. in a sports competition.” Expectations are, by definition, perceptions and while perceptions and facts usually correlate, they are not by themselves facts.

Everyone will admit Dh is stronger than SF. We are the stronger server, obviously. That doesn’t mean we weren’t perceived to be weaker, which is exactly my point. It is a FACT that we were PERCEIVED to be weaker.

gg

Whatever you say, chief!

Looking forward to rolling over your kitten guild on the battlefield again soon. Until then!

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

“Upset” lol.

To repeat:

-SF beat Dh week 1.

Both FC and DH were ranked higher than SF…
The order was: Kaineng/HoD/FC/DH/SF/ET/GoM/DR/AR

Yeah but the perception was that SF was stronger, due to placing higher than Dh in a matchup against FC.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: celicynd.9420

celicynd.9420

The Lone Golem is feeling sad and is throwing a bash for all to attend at the SF Borderlands windmill right now. No fighting please! He only wants to be friends!

in Match-ups

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

ET come flip SF keeps, they are letting it go for achieves hurry before reset

in Match-ups

Posted by: FleurBlanc.1790

FleurBlanc.1790

The Lone Golem is feeling sad and is throwing a bash for all to attend at the SF Borderlands windmill right now. No fighting please! He only wants to be friends!

meow

Attachments:

Micro Hipa [ TM ] [ Shot ] [ BMO ] [ DOLO ]
Fort Aspenwood