Überworld vs Fort Panik vs Apollo Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

The Velocity Corporation would like to thank [SvD] for the GvG Skrims yesterday.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

(edited by ethier.3417)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

VII, spawn camping UW pugs at xroads. Is THAT the only challenge you could find?

Yeah, you hit the nail it the head, it IS the only thing we could find. This matchup sucks balls for everyone, not our fault :/ I want it to be over as much as you do.

-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty for Azm and Svg for the constant fight all night
Sorry for that King of hill stuff at the start, it was a comunication problem, too many people to speak too, will try an other time for that

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alistar.9635

Alistar.9635

I would give a special thanks to [VcY] [DAWN] and [NR]
PvP Everywhere, i love it. I get so much fun

Alistar Rights- [aZm] aZimut/Za Imuts

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spearox.4395

Spearox.4395

A big and heart-felt thanks to all players on all servers involved in this week’s match-up. The fights may not have been numerous at all times during the week, but the respect shown by many was touching. We would also like to single out SVD and aZm and wish you the best of luck in future endeavours. You have been great and we hope to see you again.

As for VcY, we will continue our efforts to achieve proper first-class flight. A few hours ago, VcY launched its first efforts for mass transit. To further improve our chances for success, we had The Unlikely Plan to hire a Big Bird to show us the way to the sky.

Unfortunately, the plan did not work as expected, as you can see below.
The path to the heavens

Thanks to our excellent experimental approach, we were able to prove that not all big birds fly. However, this may have been partially caused by the slow approach speed (walking pace) to the launch area. Regardless, the quest to beat gravity continues and we are sure to send our science officer first as demonstration next time . . .

(And if our science officer fails again, he will be de-furred if he survives.)

VcY fighting!

Yours sincerely,
Ax
- VcY Communications Department

(edited by Spearox.4395)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I thank the UW and FR players who showed up this week despite being badly outnumbered. Despite being ganked by large AG mobs some players kept coming for more which shows that both servers still have core players who stick to playing WvW even if the odds are against them.

Without them AG would have had nothing to fight so a lot of respect for that.

Apologies for the gankings but it really got boring in there at times.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ClanSilmarillion.4091

ClanSilmarillion.4091

VII, spawn camping UW pugs at xroads. Is THAT the only challenge you could find?

Yeah, you hit the nail it the head, it IS the only thing we could find. This matchup sucks balls for everyone, not our fault :/ I want it to be over as much as you do.

Look, i’ve been outmanned, stomped, and bored before. In my opinion, nothing beats spawn camping the losing server’s pugs with your organised guild in terms of lowliness. There were guildless people there. Seniors. Baby seals and penguins and pandas… Thing is, we faced far superior servers and lost before, but I never saw TUP for instance spawn camp. I think there should be some no-no’s even if you’re bored to death and this is one of them. If you think differently, which is entirely normal, do move on, nothing to see here.

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Self Ignition.1640

Self Ignition.1640

I only saw our comm spawn camping FR spawn on EB… with siedge.. Sorry for that, it was low. Some people just don’t know when to stop.

[sW] Self – SFR EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

Spawn camping and taking empty keeps is about all VII are good at with their blob,atleast they don’t have any hackers that i’ve seen unlike some guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

A big and heart-felt thanks to all players on all servers involved in this week’s match-up. The fights may not have been numerous at all times during the week, but the respect shown by many was touching. We would also like to single out SVD and aZm and wish you the best of luck in future endeavours. You have been great and we hope to see you again.

As for VcY, we will continue our efforts to achieve proper first-class flight. A few hours ago, VcY launched its first efforts for mass transit. To further improve our chances for success, we had The Unlikely Plan to hire a Big Bird to show us the way to the sky.

Unfortunately, the plan did not work as expected, as you can see below.
The path to the heavens

Thanks to our excellent experimental approach, we were able to prove that not all big birds fly. However, this may have been partially caused by the slow approach speed (walking pace) to the launch area. Regardless, the quest to beat gravity continues and we are sure to send our science officer first as demonstration next time . . .

(And if our science officer fails again, he will be de-furred if he survives.)

VcY fighting!

Yours sincerely,
Ax
- VcY Communications Department

By chance does you Communication get hired out.. UW could use both your Science Officer and your Comms Dept in an effort to forge our own “Master Plans” Team.

What was undoubtedly a frustrating matchup this week (for all) and of course the occasional forum drama …… I think many of us on UW acknowledge that it wasn’t just sheer weight of numbers that laid us to ruins, there was some very well organised movements across AG. We got stomped good and proper by Desolation a few matchup back, so that harsh reality was a lesson we had already learned, but AG brought something a lot more potent to the game.. out and out skill and coordination, which made this matchup more interesting than perhaps I or many others might realise.

As for the spawn camping, etc hell I know you were all just as bored and fed up all week as most of us on UW…. but the VcY Communications Department seems more than capable of re-energising and motivating the server throughout even the most sloth like of weeks.

Unfortunately I will miss the action prior to reset tonight so I just want to say a very big well done to AG a much deserved win and best wishes in your final matchup of the season.
FR.. never got to see too much of you guys this time round, likely due to the same pressures UW was being put under by AG, but if previous matchups are anything to go by you wont need much time to bounce back from this week so good luck next week also.

BTW Spearox… dat picture – I am still crying tears of laughter, u guys sure know how to enjoy yourselves that’s for sure

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Self Ignition.1640

Self Ignition.1640

Spawn camping and taking empty keeps is about all VII are good at with their blob

yyyy you must be new to state such bs

[sW] Self – SFR EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Big props to all the FR people that were on FR BL last night. That rolling 10-15 minute outdoor fight with us (and DOOM) just north-west of Bauer’s Estate was epic. I’m sure there were lootbags to spare on both sides. LAND thanks you!

We may have won that engagement, but don’t feel bad. We wiped to you a while later, just as we were starting to congratulate ourselves. I wish the rest of the week had been as competitive.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Look, i’ve been outmanned, stomped, and bored before. In my opinion, nothing beats spawn camping the losing server’s pugs with your organised guild in terms of lowliness. There were guildless people there. Seniors. Baby seals and penguins and pandas… Thing is, we faced far superior servers and lost before, but I never saw TUP for instance spawn camp. I think there should be some no-no’s even if you’re bored to death and this is one of them. If you think differently, which is entirely normal, do move on, nothing to see here.

Hahahaha, it’s so hilarious how offended you feel. Probably most exciting thing during this matchup. Yeah, we are so bad. Honourable guilds would just go do fractals instead…

-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Please calm down, you’re at a 10 when you’re supposed to be at a 2.

I wasn’t there, but like said before, if there is really NOTHING else to do, you only have 2 options: don’t raid/cancel raid, or try to make the best of it with the few ppl we already had online. When we get rolled and spawncamped by zergs during matchups you don’t see us complain either. Again, we can logout or make the best of it. I know it sucks, I’ve been spawncamped too when I was just roaming. I just suck it up or leave instead of complaining about it on the forums. May sound harsh, but hey that’s reality.

PS. You can’t convince me of VII being a blob guild, even if I wasn’t there, I know my guild well enough to know our capacity and when people do and don’t play.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in Match-ups

ClanSilmarillion.4091

Sigh. Wave. message body length…

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

Posted by: quenoz.3859

quenoz.3859

ITT:

AG: awwww you both are sooo brave, here, come cuddle. we are SO SORRY for having more people. its sooooo brave of you to still fight!!!

UW: everyone is JUST focusing us! VII the blob guild is even SPAWNCAMPING! and Vcy is HACKING! also, lets discuss our internal problems all in this matchup thread, hurray!

FR: ……

(PS: if you get spawncamped, you are an idiot. every single spawn in this game has 3 separate exits)

The Unlikely Plan [TUP] Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Wow. Just popped in here to see how my old server was getting on (UW) and even with us “toxic guilds”gone seems certain people still can not all get along. Shame that!

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

ITT:

AG: awwww you both are sooo brave, here, come cuddle. we are SO SORRY for having more people. its sooooo brave of you to still fight!!!

UW: everyone is JUST focusing us! VII the blob guild is even SPAWNCAMPING! and Vcy is HACKING! also, lets discuss our internal problems all in this matchup thread, hurray!

FR: ……

(PS: if you get spawncamped, you are an idiot. every single spawn in this game has 3 separate exits)

Well to we had to do something in this thread to kill the boredom of the week.. for my part I will lay down my claim to VcY hacking and call it LAG having had a few decent small group engagements with them and learning the hard way that they don’t need to use such dark arts to slam dunk me repeatedly. I actually got to liking their presence tbh and the spawn camping became the only noticeable decent action through the week. Add to that their Communications Dept sure know how to lighten the mood, create some fun and keep me awake a little longer
As for our own drama, well we had to do something to get this matchup thread past page1 half way through the week….. but yes I get ya point.. apologies for my part, chin has well and truly been slapped hard down onto the side of the table

in Match-ups

Posted by: Datsuni.4678

Datsuni.4678

More VII whining please! I heard they are blobbers. I also heard that they only have around 15-23 active members playing gw2. How is this possible? Did the ugly char really spawn camp frenchies? Can we have more whining? Will the questions never end?

in Match-ups

ClanSilmarillion.4091

I officially protest VII for the fact that you didnt spawncamp us before. Had you done so, I would have “whined and complained” earlier, and you would have enlightened us about the rationale of your noble endeavors at the start, not the end of the week, preventing useless drama. My Apologies. I now know better. If you have any other points to justify spawncamping, please keep them coming, I am starting to look favorably into the concept.

As for those AGers who praised UWers for keeping up: Sorry we couldnt pose a challenge. Giving all we got, but we aint got much you see :-)

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

Centrix.4065

Ok, now you’re just trying to make it sound like we’re hateful and disrespectful towards your server. That’s not true at all. We admire any enemy no matter how big or small if they show they are willing to fight.

But I’m not going to apologize for something I did not partake in. I only raided on saturday and from what I heard, the rest of the week was just as bad. This matchup was kitten for you and spawncamping definitely doesn’t make it any better, but it wasn’t exactly fun for us either. And I can definitely understand if our commanders say “kitten it, lets just stay here instead of running around the map for nothing”. Spawncamping is boring and not that noble, but it beats running around the map for hours only to find and kill a few roamers. They were probably just killing time and it sucks that it had to be you, but honestly, kitten happens.

And if you can’t manage to let it go, let’s just agree that we’re both happy the matchup is over.

in Match-ups

ClanSilmarillion.4091

Centrix, issue is closed for me after you saying “Spawncamping is not that noble”. All I expected was to hear something along those lines. Instead I got laughed at and even called an idiot (by someone from a guild i praised for not spawncamping!) but, whatever, I heard what I wanted to.

Gl next week to all

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

Centrix.4065

Centrix, issue is closed for me after you saying “Spawncamping is not that noble”. All I expected was to hear something along those lines. Instead I got laughed at and even called an idiot (by someone from a guild i praised for not spawncamping!) but, whatever, I heard what I wanted to.

Gl next week to all

Unless I missed a post somewhere I don’t think anyone from the guild called you an idiot, and definitely not laughed at.

Unless you mean this

But that wasn’t from VII so it wouldn’t make sense to blame us for that

in Match-ups

ClanSilmarillion.4091

Bah this just goes on and on lol. See second post of phoebe for laughing bit. And I dont think I said that the guy who hinted at me being an idiot was from VII, did I?

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kitsune.4280

Kitsune.4280

Well, that’s how to create a waterfall of tears with 17 ppl staying on N supply camp for 5 minutes…

in Match-ups

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

I apologize for Quecc’s way of saying things, i’ll make sure to slap him when i’ll come back from work ;D , but i can assure it was not put in an offensive way. Just a statement of the fact that spawncamping is not “unblockable”, for sure it’s also not admirable (general statement, i don’t know and i don’t care about this single episode tho).

I selected this week to start my “solo roaming adventure” and tbh i couldnt select a worse matchup, the general attitude was quite meh from all three servers (i hated gladians also for adding to any single fight i got even in the middle of nowhere as much as i rofled seeing zergs going totally out of their way just to steamroll one player killing raptors xD), i guess boredom makes ppl act strange :P

Thank you for the fights btw and good luck everyone for the next matchup.

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

in Match-ups

Centrix.4065

Bah this just goes on and on lol. See second post of phoebe for laughing bit. And I dont think I said that the guy who hinted at me being an idiot was from VII, did I?

Then speak up and be more clear about what you’re saying. Don’t resort to such childish acts of wordplay. It sounds like you were accusing someone of something, then later find out you made a mistake and rather than facing it you come up with “well I didn’t exactly say that now did I?”

Come on. If you were accusing VII of something and another guild of something else, say it. Don’t put the accusation of someone else behind what you’re saying about us (or anyone else for that matter). It will only result in more ppl getting annoyed and misunderstood.

I don’t understand why you’re making such a big deal about it anyways. You keep pretending to be some kind of victim even after I’ve explained it in a calm and rational way.

in Match-ups

ClanSilmarillion.4091

Well, that’s how to create a waterfall of tears with 17 ppl staying on N supply camp for 5 minutes…

Just as I was thinking we were through with this…

There are indeed some exceptional individuals you have in that guild. Farewell o brave and noble souls!

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

ClanSilmarillion.4091

Centrix, perhaps I should have written more simply, but dont accuse me with resorting to childish wordplays, which I didnt. What I wrote was clear enough. To sum up,

- I never said someone from VII called me an idiot. I said someone from a guild I praised for NOT spawncamping called me so. You correctly pointed the addressee.

- I said someone from VII laughed at me, which you said didnt happen, so I told you where to look to see it.

Please note that you raised these after I said the issue is over for me. Seriously, if there is someone that cant get over with it, look somewhere else.

And, again, gl for next week.

@UW (guess not for long)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

For SvD and Azm got a little video of the pvp madness of fews day ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZckJnFGeIk

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

From [EscG] a little view of small scale : https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lt1jHBxXDmM

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)