deso/gandalf/fsp

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

But you have crashed Gandara for 16k in less than 8 hours.

And? That’s actually pretty slow as far as off peak capping goes, and 16k is a small advantage in absolute terms (we’ been crushed by Vizunah for much bigger amounts in the space of a single morning). Not to mention, it happened on a Tuesday, after the score has been pretty much dead even for 3 days, including a working day. Point is, if Deso had true high end coverage the score difference would be much greater (just take a look at the other matchups) not to mention, there would never be any period in which other servers could score 350+.

As for what has been written on forums and me “being in denial”, I’d contend I know a fair bit more of what has happened on Deso than anyone who has not been on the server can gleam from a few posts. The simple truth of the matter is that people on every server start going “we don’t play for PPT” as soon as they realize they cannot win, and this is exactly what happened on Deso except on a greater scale. Also by the same token if what is written on the forums is all important then no one can really deny the server lost several WvW guilds almost overnight, the announcements were public for the most part.

Anyway, all this talk is useless. It’s not the hardcore WvW guilds, nor their decisions to rise or tank, to make a server strong or weak. Vizunah has few to none and has been crushing everybody else for over a year now. The real long term strength is in the pugs and the presence of an organization to integrate them, and that’ s not something you can setup on a whim, or even disband on a whim once it’s up and running. The most ridiculous thing in all this talk is that any server who had such a tight and effective organization as to be able to tank below its real position on a whim would also have a strong enough organization to dominate T1, so it would make exactly zero sense for any such server to tank by purpose.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

It’s all fun and games on the Deso side now, until in 2 weeks they start facing gold league servers again and their pve players go back to the dungeons they came from 6 weeks ago

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: kirkous.6193

kirkous.6193

It’s all fun and games on the Deso side now, until in 2 weeks they start facing gold league servers again and their pve players go back to the dungeons they came from 6 weeks ago

if thats the case then see you in league #3

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: gjop.8612

gjop.8612

Funny thing about all the conspiracy theorists on deso tanking on purpose is how they promptly ignore all the facts

Talking of ignoring all the facts.

Go back and read the posts from your own guys who attended the server meetings. Read about why DVG left. Of course you won’t, because you’re in denial, but hey!

I’m not even saying I blame Desolation for not wanting to be in the same League as Vizunah; nobody really wants to be there.

It’s just pretty annoying for Silver League to have to deal with that as a result. Ultimately, it’s A.net’s fault.

One of the main reasons [DVG] left was because they where pretty much had 3-5 people commading 24/7 (with a guild size of 100-200 people) and where getting burnt out and getting no support. Support that Deso couldn’t give, some didn’t care about PPT, this guild alone where a large reason of keeping us in gold.

Some of them had a real bad attitude and some where also getting a bad rep for PvD’ing during the night and keeping us in a league where we couldn’t complete with the like’s of SFR/Viz…etc.

You do realise the [DVG] we knew on deso imploded within a month of being on Piken.

And I’ll say this again, I’ve known people on server’s lower then the top of the silver league and you do exactly the same thing to them that people are complaining to Deso about.

The fact some of the other server’s are rooting for us to lose is strange, so it’s ok for them to blob,zerg, PvD and nightcap but when it’s deso it’s a problem.

(edited by gjop.8612)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jebus.6942

Jebus.6942

I was actually planning on staying away from this topic, but its getting cold outside so why not poke the flames a bit more?

Is Desolation still the Gold league tier server you used to be? No, and there is no reason to not believe you lost some of your core WvW guilds and players, but I don’t think that is the main point people are discussing here. The main issue people have is the idea that you deliberately lost more points than you would’ve lost naturally just to get into silver league where you would have an easy time. Well we already know you tanked. Several people have “admitted” that you wanted to get into silver league (probably with different motives though). Now the fact that it is followed up with comments about it happening more or less on its own anyway is irrelevant, since there was an actual decision being made. And why would you want to wait with trying to salvage your WvW community until you hit silver league and not at the point in time where this mass-exodus happened? Do you really want to build your community on fair-weather players?

Now I know most Desolation players will claim that they weren’t expecting to win silver and it just kinda happened in the end, but I always found it interesting that you lost the exact amount of strength that put you in the gap between being destroyed in gold league and dominating silver league. And i know, you have a large PvE population, but there are plenty of servers with a high PvE population so I don’t buy that being the sole reason you turned it around.
I was actually looking a bit on the matchup history on MOS and in the last matchup before the start of the season Desolation actually faced of against us (Gandara) and UW:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/112
Gandara was actually winning that matchup up until around Tuesday, where something happened to the Desolation nightcrew. This was three days before the start of the season so it couldn’t really be the influx of PvE players that did it? Now I’m sure plenty of Desolation players can give me an explanation for that, but you have to admit it does look a bit suspicious how it coincides with the point in time where Desolation could no longer regain enough rank to get back into gold does it not?

In the end though I guess we will have to wait until the end of season one to get a feel for the real strength of (the new) Desolation and who knows maybe we will meet again in season two, be it in gold, silver or bronze

Sephanye [Lux] – Gandara

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

And I’ll say this again, I’ve known people on server’s lower then the top of the silver league and you do exactly the same thing to them that people are complaining to Deso about.

I agree, and my personal opinion is that no server should be facing any server further than 3 places either side of them.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I agree, and my personal opinion is that no server should be facing any server further than 3 places either side of them.

This makes matchmaking very difficult.
The lowest rank 1 could match with this restriction would be rank 4.
Assume it get 3 and 4
T1: 1, 3, 4
Now for T2
2, 5, and whom? no one left within 3 places of rank 2 that is not already matched somewhere else.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

Not entirely sure if I should defend Desolation or not, as this discussion is rather pointless. However, I’ll still give it a shot. I’ll be straight down the line here, you decide what you make of it in the end.

As I took the lead and struggled to revive the server and rally the guilds, you could say I know what happend and how it happend. What happend to Desolation? Did we tank the Silver League? Far from it. A couple of weeks before the League kicked off, we lost major forces again for the third time.

<snip>

From this moment onwards, we had to be realistic. We knew what Vizunah was all about. Most of those Guilds who remained were active during that era and pretty much did not want to get stomped once again. Therefore we decided to get into Silver League. Did we had to do an effort to drop down? Not at all. Our poor numbers took care of that and eventually we dropped and ended in Silver.

(emphasis mine)

You are kinda jumping into your own mouth here mate. You didn’t tank but you lost just enough rating to get into silver.

Also, it wasn’t a PvE crowd that introduced 5am 10 omega golem rushes to the silver league.

We faced you twice during your tanking phase and the difference was staggering – much less skilled opposition during prime-time then in pre-league matches and heavy nightcapping. Congratulations on becoming what you hated – Vizunah Square.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

I was actually planning on staying away from this topic, but its getting cold outside so why not poke the flames a bit more?

Is Desolation still the Gold league tier server you used to be? No, and there is no reason to not believe you lost some of your core WvW guilds and players, but I don’t think that is the main point people are discussing here. The main issue people have is the idea that you deliberately lost more points than you would’ve lost naturally just to get into silver league where you would have an easy time. Well we already know you tanked. Several people have “admitted” that you wanted to get into silver league (probably with different motives though). Now the fact that it is followed up with comments about it happening more or less on its own anyway is irrelevant, since there was an actual decision being made. And why would you want to wait with trying to salvage your WvW community until you hit silver league and not at the point in time where this mass-exodus happened? Do you really want to build your community on fair-weather players?

Now I know most Desolation players will claim that they weren’t expecting to win silver and it just kinda happened in the end, but I always found it interesting that you lost the exact amount of strength that put you in the gap between being destroyed in gold league and dominating silver league. And i know, you have a large PvE population, but there are plenty of servers with a high PvE population so I don’t buy that being the sole reason you turned it around.
I was actually looking a bit on the matchup history on MOS and in the last matchup before the start of the season Desolation actually faced of against us (Gandara) and UW:
Gandara was actually winning that matchup up until around Tuesday, where something happened to the Desolation nightcrew. This was three days before the start of the season so it couldn’t really be the influx of PvE players that did it? Now I’m sure plenty of Desolation players can give me an explanation for that, but you have to admit it does look a bit suspicious how it coincides with the point in time where Desolation could no longer regain enough rank to get back into gold does it not?

In the end though I guess we will have to wait until the end of season one to get a feel for the real strength of (the new) Desolation and who knows maybe we will meet again in season two, be it in gold, silver or bronze

I have no clue what happened at that tuesday. But it felt like you guys gave up? Or is tuesday dooms day for gandara?

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

It’s natural to be suspicious of Deso’s drop before the league. I think a lot of servers that were sitting around the boundaries between the leagues had similar discussions. For instance, I know Gandara and FSP did.

I also know that it’s impossible to control what an entire server’s players will do. For every guild that wants to tank, there will be others that don’t, and it cancels out because the other servers are in the same position.

Is Deso’s fall suspicious? Sure. But compare these 2 matches:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/100
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/114

Several weeks before leagues, a Deso that had just begun to fall trashed AM and Gandara from the word “Go”. In the first matchup of the season, during which they had no reason to underperform, the margin was a lot smaller, and it took them a lot longer to build strength.

I suspect the 5 following weeks of PvD made their night crew bored and complacent, so it took them a while to get going again this week. Next week, we’ll likely see them at full strength again.

With all that said, I believe they fell a little bit more than they should have. Despite their losses, I believe they still have the coverage to compete in gold, even if it’s low-end gold. Losing some guilds doesn’t mean you lose all your players that would have played or commanded at off-peak times.

We’ll find out where Deso really belongs when we go back to random matchups.

Xander Moss
Gandara

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

The “we” in that sentence “Therefore we decided to get into Silver League.” is NOT all guilds. I still can hear lots of people raging about the entire idea. We found it cowardish. We fought hard to stay in gold league, yet we dropped anyway. We felt abandoned by our own wvw community.

In the end, i’m glad we did drop. The leagues, and the fact that it was harder to win than we thought, actually brought lots of new people in with more determination, and better overall coordination.
Pretty sure though that that determination will fade once we start struggling against higher tier servers again. I sure hope we’ll manage to crawl our way back up again, with some assistance of much needed improved scoring mechanics.

Oh, and what the leagues also brought: new commanders willing to get up early mornings and try coordinate those few stray players in those lost hours before work. It does pay off in the ticks, and meanwhile we get some practice at commanding while we can’t do much harm ;-).

(edited by Sai Ree.5960)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: icey.7368

icey.7368

Hmmm what map to go on tonight hmmm ?

[YaK] Gandara EU- WvW officer
SeverGvG: www.ThisIsGandara.com

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

People need to sleep. That being said, we got zombies on deso (yes referring to you Ins and Rox)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: slapmesilly.3478

slapmesilly.3478

Oh the QQ! This is hilarious!

Desolation’s Only Useful Ranger ;) [GP][PT]
R500+*Thanks Gandara for the last 50…………..and all the lootbags ;)*

(edited by slapmesilly.3478)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

People need to sleep. That being said, we got zombies on deso (yes referring to you Ins and Rox)

They got infected https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Desolation-Recruitment-Zombie-Apocalypse

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I thought people were tired of conspiracy theories.
Desolation as it is now would probably be in between 7th – 9th place in Gold League, if this is what forum warriors unhappy with the 2nd/3rd/4th place in the Silver League are suggesting, then I fully agree.
It is a fact that Desolation does not have the organization/strategy it used to have with full WvW guilds and that our success in the Silver League has been due to (a) massive participation of new players (mainly stolen from PvE) and (b) night-morning crew. It is a fact that we got wiped in situations that only two months ago would have been impossible to happen.
Desolation could not compete today for better than 7th or 8th place in the Gold League, everybody knows that new players would easily and quickly lose enthusiasm when steamrolled by better organized server with (yes this also) better coverage and more numbers.
Now, I feel that this was a fun Season in Silver League also for other servers who fought against desolation.
If you like just the fights: I think desolation gave you a good bunch of fights and lootbags.
If you just care about the points: I feel for you, Desolation lived that phase for months before you started whining, so I know perfectly how you feel, but being cry-babies for a system (Anet) that is made to benefit zergs, coverage and numbers, is not very useful.
All I can tell you is that I hope serious and decent players enjoyed this Season as much as I did, including all the things that could have been better.
For the forum trolls, on the other hand, who just complain and complain because they lost a golden/silver/bronze/woodenDolly finisher: your tears are very, very sweet.

[ROCK]
Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

they call vizuna zombie and they play the same way with big blob,with multi guild blob,always add every kittening fight,even guild add in the fight when u alrdy fighting guild or blob.Even if u give them good fight the next time they met u they try simply to blob u bleah,another 2 evening and this kitten will end:/

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Gandara did tank too, we were really close with going up in the Golden league at some point. There was some sort of agreement to just flip sentries and camps, occasional tower or two but make sure no one was defending or upgrading anything. The mapchat was full of rage when someone was foolish enough to cap a keep or attack SM.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Having fun this week, got wiped countless times (well, probably about 3 times) by [Tchuu] this morning in FSP borderland while contantly having a 5-10 man force with only 3 on TS, but for the rest it was good. ‘FOCUS THE .. kitten.. NECRO’S!’ > wiped.

we had fun this morning as well, match up got way more interesting for us since gandara ppt zerg is gone, now we actually find fights worth having.
it was such a strange morning tho, we stole a bunch of deso keeps and towers FSP was trying to cap. At some point we had both garrison and hills wide open while we ran from one side to the other wiping enemies and making last second saves as a 5 man team. I actually manned an arrow cart for the first time in months.

random gandara commander just before he changed map: “we can’t defend, they have 20 players and we don’t have enough”.

highlight of our morning was our fsp basketball on top of garrison, pullling people to that central hole is too much fun.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: asuryan.4386

asuryan.4386

Come to EBL JP duel area slackers!

I only see Gandarans… googogo.

More duelists needed.

[BORD]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

And i know, you have a large PvE population, but there are plenty of servers with a high PvE population so I don’t buy that being the sole reason you turned it around.

I am a simple footsoldier. When season 1 started I had wvw rank 6 on my best character. But I think I can clear that up.

That Tuesday was the day I realized that there would be a lot of achievements to be had in the future in wvw. I, being the pve achievement points hoarder that I am, decided then to join wvw, especially the night and morning crew, because that fits to my work times. I wanted to get accustomed to wvw which I rarely did up to then. The rest is history.

Ok, it may have been not only me who thought that way… But seriously, a lot of people I know who did mainly dungeons and open world pve decided to dabble in wvw when they realized that there would be achievement points to be had.

And not only a few of them discovered that wvw is actually great fun. I am one of them. And these achievements – I forgot about them after several days (more or less) because the game play was good. I am sure that the masses of uneducated wvw people like me on Deso contributed to the performance of our server. I can imagine that our wvw heroes did not expect that. I myself wouldn’t have believed it a few weeks ago that I would engage in an activity which slightly reeks like pvp,

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Everyone was all a happy on this match up thread until Deso started winning. soon as the seasons finished, most of Deso will go back to PvE.
So we’ll probably be in silver again for season 2

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Seriously guys how many times does it need to be explained?
I was one of the many guys who didn’t like the idea of dropping, DVG left, then many other guilds left after them, it was looking bleak for us.

We were not entirely sure we would integrate these Pugs anymore, apart from the Night/Vampire crew we decided to kickstart.
Did those Guilds who left know something we didn’t know?

Who knows, but back when DVG was around they rallied the pugs like no one else could apart from a few other individuals, this was until as I’ve mentioned before that Pavilion and Scarlet patch arrived, or just before when they lost their ability to draw an army of pugs; who usually got wiped by more organized Guild Groups, aswell as us being matched up against well populated and organized Servers.

At the moment our community is determined to win the Silver Dolyak with the momentum we have, I’m sure many of our commanders are tired and maybe they’ve overdone it a little in recent weeks but that is their choice.

So really it’s been powers out of our control that we’ve received so much more players, that helps us covers so many more hours but we still may not look as organized as Guild heavy servers., we expected a bit more closer match-ups though.
Our score has given some people little incentive to take their own initiative to improve themselves as wvwers among our community; to find and join a Guild in other words or try to follow take your own initiative, apart from following the Trains and Zergs.

I think most of us don’t expect many Guilds to join once the leagues end due to the transfer cost, so hopefully this force we’ve receive will stick around even if we face much more stronger servers in the future. Even if we get steamrolled and end up holed inside our keep, over and over again, at least we won’t be the victim of so much flaming and trolling, and I would like to think we won’t be complaining as much ourselves.

tl;dr End broken record.. off to eat and rest lol

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Not entirely sure if I should defend Desolation or not, as this discussion is rather pointless. However, I’ll still give it a shot. I’ll be straight down the line here, you decide what you make of it in the end.

As I took the lead and struggled to revive the server and rally the guilds, you could say I know what happend and how it happend. What happend to Desolation? Did we tank the Silver League? Far from it. A couple of weeks before the League kicked off, we lost major forces again for the third time.

<snip>

From this moment onwards, we had to be realistic. We knew what Vizunah was all about. Most of those Guilds who remained were active during that era and pretty much did not want to get stomped once again. Therefore we decided to get into Silver League. Did we had to do an effort to drop down? Not at all. Our poor numbers took care of that and eventually we dropped and ended in Silver.

(emphasis mine)

You are kinda jumping into your own mouth here mate. You didn’t tank but you lost just enough rating to get into silver.

Also, it wasn’t a PvE crowd that introduced 5am 10 omega golem rushes to the silver league.

We faced you twice during your tanking phase and the difference was staggering – much less skilled opposition during prime-time then in pre-league matches and heavy nightcapping. Congratulations on becoming what you hated – Vizunah Square.

Believe me, if we would be even 1/200 of what Vizuna is you would be steamrolled day and night.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: andyhens.4172

andyhens.4172

gg to the gadnara and FSP teams that found our small guild of sheep earlier, nice to have some good fights to test our sPvP builds ^^

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

<snip>

(emphasis mine)

Perhaps re-read the post again. Tanking and dropping are 2 complete different things. Therefore your statement becomes invalid.

Anyways, not going to bother any longer. Got a problem with Deso? Fight for it and bring it to the game, not on the forum. Deso fought against Vizunah for months which looked like a lost battle, atleast we never lost our fighting spirit, even after being close to free fall thrice. Not many servers can say the same.

Team Aggression [TA]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Manuelito.6081

<snip>

(emphasis mine)

Perhaps re-read the post again. Tanking and dropping are 2 complete different things. Therefore your statement becomes invalid.

Anyways, not going to bother any longer. Got a problem with Deso? Fight for it and bring it to the game, not on the forum. Deso fought against Vizunah for months which looked like a lost battle, atleast we never lost our fighting spirit, even after being close to free fall thrice. Not many servers can say the same.

Amen

[ROCK]
Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: epandi.2748

epandi.2748

Finally, the queue of posting to the forum took me longer then the queue in WvW, come on guys, lets have some good fights ingame on the battlegrounds instead of a verbal battle on the forums.

Necropandi Simplex [EXG]
Guild Recruiter of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

<snip>

(emphasis mine)

Poor deso….you got asskicked by a server who asskicking everyone when your server is kicking anyone in silver league by fine march….such a pity….dont get me wrong tho, I am glad you on silver league,prefer this over nothing at all.

My problem is that deso roamers are mostly split into three kinds:
1)The best-super-strong-players who kills you when you 1v7 and having a tea party on your corpse afterwards.
2)The extreamly-lovely-one of a kind-players who ran away from you when they 2v1 you even! and after a while they get super mad at you and just joining a random zerg and becomes the (1) kind of players or the “hmm…this tower looks nice ima gonna look at my chaser from there maybe i will get a nice view of him” kind of players.
3)The super brave nice guys which actually fights you but eventually after couple of seconds they becomes (2) which eventually leads to (1).

But cheers for all the good(and bad but yet)roamers out there-you are the real wvwers!

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Thats funny. I would give exact 3 points to FSP and Gandara.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayonnaise.9624

Mayonnaise.9624

Thanks for all the fights both servers. I’m sad to see you gave up, since it looked like a promising week at the beggining.

“It’s Raining Lootbags! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining FSP Golems! Amen!”
– The Weather Girls

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

if thats the case then see you in league #3

not sure how they working it, but from what i have heard there will only be a few leagues a year, with big gaps between them. This is only what i have picked up from rumors on forums. NA kicking up a big fuss that they hate leagues etc, worst thing they ever done, perhaps they should try silver EU

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: NvN.4321

NvN.4321

Got a problem with Deso? Fight for it and bring it to the game, not on the forum. Deso fought against Vizunah for months which looked like a lost battle, atleast we never lost our fighting spirit, even after being close to free fall thrice. Not many servers can say the same.

Fighting on field? Now don’t go ahead of yourself there, you admitted you’re weak in primetime (check several posts in this thread). Gandara and FS guilds are far stronger. Unless you consider “fighting” the door when other people are asleep or at work.

Also if you read thread from beginning , it’s an epic saga from heavy tanking denial, to admitting tanking before finally settling for “we dropped into silver league”.

Krosis Hellfire

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Morphman.6312

Morphman.6312

Fighting on field? Now don’t go ahead of yourself there, you admitted you’re weak in primetime (check several posts in this thread). Gandara and FS guilds are far stronger. Unless you consider “fighting” the door when other people are asleep or at work.

He never said Desolation were stronger in prime time, he basically said “If you have a problem with us, take your anger out in-game rather than bash on these forums all day long”.- Hope you understand now.

Not everyone has big willy syndrome you know. Haha, willy not kittened…

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Savroula.4803

Savroula.4803

Really now? You all think that only deso has chickens and bullies? Why are you not mentioning the times that our zerg leaves your sniping teams and pass near it or leave the roamers alone? Why dont you mention the times when your zergs (even when more than us) hides in their tower instead of facing us? You can get in your towers, you have all the right to do this. No problem. It is a game. Whatever you say we do, you do it also. How many times we hunted you for some battles and you fled? We have no problem whatsoever, do anything you think that benefits your realm. Just do not accuse others when you do the same. I have had MANY good battles with fsp and gandara, have been wiped, have killed. It is a game adter all. We play for fun as far as I know… as for the ppl that started in WvW, most that were pure pvers and achievement hunter, liked wvw and stayed in. By now everyone has had their veteran of the mists. Whoever we hunting achievements, left, whoever liked wvw stayed. What is so hard to accept there? Gold or silver or bronze league? I respect everyone that we have confronted and was not whining around “deso this, deso that”. That is MY opinion. Whoever wants to have fun, plays either he wins or loses. Everyone else search for an excuse.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayonnaise.9624

Mayonnaise.9624

We are the champions my friends! – Well done Desolation. Points is all that matters in the end! The war is fought 24/7 not only 2h a day We should stop wasting time on forums and enjoy our sweet victory.

“It’s Raining Lootbags! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining FSP Golems! Amen!”
– The Weather Girls

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

NvN.4321

Come EXG , don’t give up after one wipe.

Krosis Hellfire

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Anyway chill out gals/guys let’s enjoy the rest of the matchup in whatever way we can, the Season is almost over so less stressing over that, let take the fighting in-game rather than going round in circles here.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Really now? You all think that only deso has chickens and bullies? Why are you not mentioning the times that our zerg leaves your sniping teams and pass near it or leave the roamers alone? Why dont you mention the times when your zergs (even when more than us) hides in their tower instead of facing us? You can get in your towers, you have all the right to do this. No problem. It is a game. Whatever you say we do, you do it also. How many times we hunted you for some battles and you fled? We have no problem whatsoever, do anything you think that benefits your realm. Just do not accuse others when you do the same. I have had MANY good battles with fsp and gandara, have been wiped, have killed. It is a game adter all. We play for fun as far as I know… as for the ppl that started in WvW, most that were pure pvers and achievement hunter, liked wvw and stayed in. By now everyone has had their veteran of the mists. Whoever we hunting achievements, left, whoever liked wvw stayed. What is so hard to accept there? Gold or silver or bronze league? I respect everyone that we have confronted and was not whining around “deso this, deso that”. That is MY opinion. Whoever wants to have fun, plays either he wins or loses. Everyone else search for an excuse.

You are right in every word just see how easly you say “we” “us” “our zerg” while I said when im alone.
Funny thing I played like 2 hours today,been wiped togroup of 4 FS and group of 5 deso and against 2 ppl from deso and against deso mesmer which got lucky by the camp npc’s surprise attack. and the last one I wiped was for a FS perma stealth thief.
The perma thief saluted me the 4 group of FS guys didnt do nothing and both that deso mesmer and those 2 deso warriors and espically the 5 deso group who start to dancing on my corpse ALL /laugh /dance and kitten now go on and tell me it is a simple coincidence.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gadian.4792

Gadian.4792

Tbh I don’t think anyones given up and I bet I’m not the only one who noticed the point difference started mysteriously growing after the patch last night… I’m not celebrating yet since everything is still possible and hope to see many good fights yet.

GG to [FRI] for some fine fights tonight at FSP bl (there’s always something magical in Finland vs Sweden ) and my appreciation to [ATOM] for letting us match even numbers with [DFC] for they didn’t need your help to wipe us. Great fights and great fun all around!

Love from TLA, Gadi

Gadi ~ the pink norn of Desolation
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

Hey boys and girls, it’s just a game, play it for fun.
Tchuu had a great fight last night, we salute the nwo ele that kept trying

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Manuelito.6081

You are right in every word just see how easly you say “we” “us” “our zerg” while I said when im alone.
Funny thing I played like 2 hours today,been wiped togroup of 4 FS and group of 5 deso and against 2 ppl from deso and against deso mesmer which got lucky by the camp npc’s surprise attack. and the last one I wiped was for a FS perma stealth thief.
The perma thief saluted me the 4 group of FS guys didnt do nothing and both that deso mesmer and those 2 deso warriors and espically the 5 deso group who start to dancing on my corpse ALL /laugh /dance and kitten now go on and tell me it is a simple coincidence.

I think nobody agrees that corpse dancing is polite nor that it respects the WvW etiquette.

[ROCK]
Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Savroula.4803

Savroula.4803

Sandrox, That is what I want to point out. You think I haven’t been ganked and danced on and laughed at by gandara or FSP when I roamed solo or with someone else? You think we were 2 and the other 1? You think there was not times that a whole zerg passed over me for 1 lootbag or chased me? Some even whispered me and told me that I fail and I am a loser… You saw me complaining about those losers anywhere? I play to have fun and I want anyone who plays with me, to have fun. I refer to everyone, no exceptions. Every server has its good and bad gamers (some of them are not even allowed to consider themselves as gamers). I have sniped, roamed, sieged, upgraded and tagged up for deso. It is a game. You can only earn respect out of descent gamers. So, if someone laughed at you, that is his problem. You may have laughed at someone, nobody will ever know. I have done it. So what? Game is a game and enemies are enemies whether good or bad. You will still kill them. I just hope you get what i want to say and I mean not to offend anyone.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

This forum: 1 big boooohoooooohooooo from Gandara side.

Yes Gandara, guess what, we are in silver league. Isn’t that just a shame for you lot? Let’s keep complaining about how we are a gold server (however, if you were beating us this week we would probably just be a ‘lolroflstomp server’).

Why do you guys lower yourselves to moan so much? Get over it already. Even attempting to double team did not work, the only reason why you guys even stood a chance this week is cause we let you guys come second in the first week instead of abbadon.

There 1 very simple thing you guys forget: There is always one the best… If WE did not end up in silver league, then Augury Rock would have, and you would have still got your butt handed to you and complained about the other server.

I will enjoy my mini Dolyak and finisher though, thanks a lot for giving up so easy!

Good day.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

(edited by LampGhost.9658)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Still having much funsies in this match keep it coming Boys + Girls

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Thanks [PunK] for the awesome GvG, I was a bit hesistant at first in the new arena with so many random people around but it went a lot better than expected. Even though a lot of trolling was done in our actual fights it wasn’t that bad. Hope people will respect other GvG’s in the arena. Anyway, thanks for a great night and see you guys around!

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

(edited by Resouled.5614)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

NvN.4321

Onslaught on deso bl is almost over. Congrats on winning this match. And for those bragging about power of deso in fight :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ09zmtPQYM

Krosis Hellfire

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Got a problem with Deso? Fight for it and bring it to the game, not on the forum. Deso fought against Vizunah for months which looked like a lost battle, atleast we never lost our fighting spirit, even after being close to free fall thrice. Not many servers can say the same.

Also if you read thread from beginning , it’s an epic saga from heavy tanking denial, to admitting tanking before finally settling for “we dropped into silver league”.

There are a few select guilds on Gandara and FSP that are better, and then there are those that I can’t differentiate from pugs. Deso’s primetime is rubbish because you are fighting pve’rs that don’t know what toughness is. I would love to transfer servers and farm them because I have watched how awful it is, so consider yourself lucky.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

NvN.4321

Know your role…

Krosis Hellfire

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

cheers for the fights on deso bl tonight!

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara