Adjust difficulty for Guild Bounty Training

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Just the fact that Guild Bounty training can be any of the targets is cruel and sadistic. Why is that? Let me elaborate this further.

First of all, Guild Bounty training’s purpose is for those smaller guilds that don’t have the manpower to accumulate influence all over the place to get the influence needed to unlock the real Guild Bounties.

But here’s the flawed system. Guilds that are capable of getting influence without the need to use training, are those that have enough members to be able to complete the targets without much issue to begin with.
On the other hand, those smaller guilds have to rely on luck when getting targets as they’re doing training to begin with cause they can’t accumulate influence at a decent rate to unlock the real deal.

So basically, the training is targeted towards the smaller guilds. But some of the targets can be sadistic to be able to handle as a small force, almost to the point of being impossible. I’m sure that without any further mention, that you would right this instant think of some targets that are simply too difficult to handle as a small group.

Solution? Remove some of the harder targets in training mode and only have them in the real bounty.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

My guild tried the training after it was released, we queued it up and activated it and got the separatist in Diessia. After about 10 minutes of trying to locate him, we found him and proceeded to be slaughtered by him, only having him disappear after the mayhem.

I agree with ya, training is too tough for smaller guilds that don’t have the manpower. I’ve thrown this around with my guildies and we think they should have an alternate way to get influence, like perhaps karma to influence(made a topic about it a couple weeks ago).

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Guild Missions

Posted by: darkar necrosphere.1328

darkar necrosphere.1328

Well difficulty is relitive to the players, and although I agree most are rediculous cheap or over powered, with only 4 active members my guild has only ever failed a training once.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well difficulty is relitive to the players, and although I agree most are rediculous cheap or over powered, with only 4 active members my guild has only ever failed a training once.

Well a lot of that comes down to luck. Most of the fights aren’t too bad if you’ve fought them at least once and figured out their mechanics(reading about them helps but actually being in a fights is still important for figuring out how the various bits affects your class and build).

In most cases the challenge is in the search not the fight. I thought the Short Fused Felix(the one in Diessa) was one of the easiest to fight but finding him can be a matter of luck given the very large path. With small number of people and large paths you can get lucky find the target on loading the map or you can spend 15 minutes and not find it.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: naqaden.5698

naqaden.5698

In most cases the challenge is in the search not the fight.

Agreed. Small guilds have fewer eyes, so each player has to cover more ground on average, taking more time to locate the target.

Then if they find their target, they’ll have less time on average to finish it off than a larger search party would have, and they’ll take longer on average to defeat it than a larger party would have.

While adjusting difficulty would definitely help, I would be happy merely getting a longer timer for bounty training.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: darkar necrosphere.1328

darkar necrosphere.1328

Absolutly, I would love more time, thats esentially whats preventing us from completing an actual bounty. Its not like larger guilds have a problem with the time so its not like it would really benifit them, in that sense it woulndt be too harmful to the base difficulty.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Ironfist.2895

Ironfist.2895

As a simple fix, the Training missions could be made to be like the Rush etc, you have 5 hours to find the target, then the mission timer starts when you activate the fight.
Maybe reduce that to an hour to find it and extend the time on the fight event to 10 mins. That should hopefully alleviate the time constraint for smaller guilds.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Have you tried going into LA and asking for a few people to help you? A guild-mate and I helped a small guild locate and capture a bounty. They were having really bad luck. They got Tessa first and failed, then went to ask for help in LA and then we got Teesa again and failed. Then got Komali while he still had the bug and failed yet again. They had one more bounty left to activate, and guess what? They got Teesa again! We succeeded because a couple of randoms came by and helped.

I don’t think only giving you certain bosses would work since it is a ‘training’. However, it would be very fair to give you more time to find the boss once activated. Then maybe you could ask for any randoms in the area to assist you once found. It would still be a training for you so you could see the mechanics of the bosses.

in Guild Missions

Khisanth.2948

Then you have targets like Anders. We had one time where we had THREE people pass by before it made any noise. Now we just have be paranoid and stand around for even longer at each karka. That naturally eats into the time you have for doing the bounty.

The new patch is also going to make thing target potentially hellish to do. A veteran karka, a champion target then a million crazed wildlife and of course all but 1 WP will be contested.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Bone Dragon.4617

Bone Dragon.4617

I agree. I think they need another way to support smaller guilds.
While I do not think Karma to Influence is a good idea as suggested by ArtemusHunter.9521 ( That would enable larger guilds to amass billions of influence as most characters have thousands of Karma if not hundreds of thousands).

I believe they already have a possible solution set up! They have Guild Membership tiered 1- 6 already. Why not just double or triple the amount of influence earned by the Tier 1 Guilds and then decrease the doubling or tripling of the influence as your guild moves up the tiers so that by Tier 3 or 4 your back to normal earnings.

I think this would work and really I think the Guild Missions are the most difficult for the tier 1 guilds anyway. I can’t imagine a tier 2 or 3 guild would have such difficulty in earning influence or completing guild missions.

It would have been nice to have the Guild Wars 1 Zaishen Bounty, Combat, Mission and Vanquish tasks. They did not have time limits.

| Dungeon Adventures & Blackstone Defenders |
| Blackgate | [DnD] & [SWAK] |

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think it would be a good change if, during guild bounty training missions, we could pick the boss we are going to hunt for.

This would allow smaller guilds to tackle the easier to find bosses like Trilla Midwell or Poobadoo solely for the influence, and, at the same time, allow all guilds a way to practice fights they may be struggling with (like 2-Mult or Half Baked Komali).

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

I think it’d be nice if training bounties were somehow made a little easier for small guilds. The timer not starting until the fighting starts seems like a step in the right direction.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

in Guild Missions

Khisanth.2948

Those changes seems unlikely. The devs’ stance on the matter seems to be ‘if you are a small guild ask other people for help’.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

“Bounty Training” missions need to give 10 merits and 2 commendations, so that smaller guilds who can’t reasonably complete 2 bounties in 15 minutes have some way of progressing to a different mission type. It would make more sense to name it Bounty Tier 1 and move the others to 2, 3, 4, because that’s essentially what it is in terms of difficulty, and is a more reasonable baseline for attaining merits.

Failing that, at least introduce a proper alliance system and let alliances share Missions and their rewards.

Something has to be done about this because you do NOT want to be excluding players from even attempting content (Treks, Rushes, Challenges, Puzzles) based on the size of their guild. You don’t see much discussion about the sorry state of guild missions right now only because most of the dissatisfied players have already quit.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

^ agree. I was thinking of trying this guild bounty training, but after reading this, quitting seems more effective xD

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Guild Missions

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I am GL of a small guild of friends (that also play GW2). I started building a Guild Bounty Training, but I am worried now it was a mistake. Has anything been done to address this since the previous to last reply 2 moths ago?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief