Failure to reward on guild missions....

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

3 times in the past week we have failed guild missions because of bugs with the game, and because of this we are missing rewards such as guild merits and commendations…

On Wendesday we ran guild bounty. We beat the first bounty then had to fight Sotzz for the second bounty. We found him on an island not as an asuran but as a glowy ball NOT inside a barrel and was impossible to interact with him.

That same day we did our first Guild Puzzle and completed it with another guild. We ran all the way to the end with about 12-15 guildies going and we did not receive a prompt to accept the reward, which became fail number 2…

Then Saturday, we were the ones to start the guild rush, for some reason when we reached 7/15 completed, the prompt in the guild missions tab said there was no active guild mission. Those that completed it ONLY got the big chest reward and NOT the personal chest.

I am sick and tired of organizing activities and not being properly rewarded for them. I expect our guild to be compensated either with influence or guild merits or other reward. It is simply unfair for this to keep happening on a constant basis.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

For the guild puzzle at least, you don’t get the reward until after the event finishes. A guild leader has to stay in the zone until the puzzle timer completely runs out.

Can’t address the others. My guild does guild missions twice a week, and almost never have problems. There has be one or two, but usually bugged and usually fixed. For example after the mega server was released, puzzles weren’t rewarding at all. That did get fixed, though. We do a puzzle every week.

Not sure what else to tell you.

in Guild Missions

Eight Samurai.6840

Yep that was exactly what I did to make sure we got the reward. Waited till the timer ran out and no prompt came up.

in Guild Missions

Vayne.8563

Hope you bug reported it. Other than you’ve had a run of bad luck, all I can say is that as long as guildies get personal rewards, the merits will eventually take care of themselves, but it sure sucks.

in Guild Missions

Eight Samurai.6840

I know it’s impossible for anet to reward individual players for broken missions. What i want them to do to at least show they care about my problems is to send us some influence boosters for the guild. Just show us that you guys still care about these issues and I’ll be happy…

in Guild Missions

Vayne.8563

Not compensating people for a game bug is very different from saying they don’t care. Probably a huge amount of work in verifying claims and if they start giving compensation to you, then everyone will be filing for compensation even if they’re not entitled to it. That’s what always happens.

Bugs are bugs, they happen in all games. You’re very rarely going to get compensated for a bug, unless it’s something that affects everybody and everyone gets compensated (like the hundred extra tickets for the WvW season) or you just have to suck it up. Because compensation almost always leads to attempted exploiting.

in Guild Missions

Eight Samurai.6840

I mean they can go see the history and see for themselves just now that when we just completed the guild rush not one person got a personal chest reward. We just completed this about 20 minutes ago. It’s just very frustrating that this keeps happening to us over and over again, there have been many other times too.

in Guild Missions

Vayne.8563

Okay have it your way. It’s easy for them to go and see? Except we don’t really know how easy it is from them to track stuff if another guild started the mission. Does it say in your log the mission was completed?

Edit: If it says it was completed and you didn’t get merits, I’d file a customer support ticket.

in Guild Missions

Eight Samurai.6840

For the guild rush it was our guild banner everywhere. Never in the chat log did it say guild rush completed but it did apparently even before we had 15 people cross. And yes because when accounts get hacked they have the ability to reroll an account and look at what happened. They can do the same here.

in Guild Missions

Vayne.8563

For the guild rush it was our guild banner everywhere. Never in the chat log did it say guild rush completed but it did apparently even before we had 15 people cross. And yes because when accounts get hacked they have the ability to reroll an account and look at what happened. They can do the same here.

Rolling back an account is completely 100 different than rolling back a guild. I’m not sure they can do it, even if you’re assuming they can. I’m assuming they can’t. The game would have to be programmed for the specifically and I’ve never heard of anything like that.

If it isn’t in your guild log that you completed a guild rush, how can they verify it, that’s my point. They have your word. How do they check?

You’re looking at this from the point of view of an angry customer and I get that. But I’ve been on both sides of the divide, and I can honestly say that there are times customers think you can do something easily that can’t be done at all.

Just because you think they can do it, or even should be able to do it, doesn’t mean that’s the case. If it doesn’t say in your guild log that you finished it, I’m not sure how they are expected to verify that you finished it.

So if you finished it but didn’t get credit, they should certainly be able to see that you didn’t get credit. But they can only verify you finished it if it says completed in your guild history.

in Guild Missions

Eight Samurai.6840

Again, it’s up to them to see if they want to take a look I can’t do anything to prove it on the forums. They have to take initiative and decide for themselves…

in Guild Missions

Vayne.8563

Like I said, they may not be able to. If that’s how your’e going to judge if they care or not, that’s on you. Whether they can or can’t do anything for one guild out out thousands has nothing to do with them caring. If you choose to see it that way, there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

in Guild Missions

Eight Samurai.6840

i know fair enough… just frustrated is all

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

For the guild puzzle at least, you don’t get the reward until after the event finishes. A guild leader has to stay in the zone until the puzzle timer completely runs out.

Can’t address the others. My guild does guild missions twice a week, and almost never have problems. There has be one or two, but usually bugged and usually fixed. For example after the mega server was released, puzzles weren’t rewarding at all. That did get fixed, though. We do a puzzle every week.

Vayne, this is an intermittent bug happening in the part the OP states about “Saturday, we were the ones to start the guild rush, for some reason when we reached 7/15 completed, the prompt in the guild missions tab said there was no active guild mission. Those that completed it ONLY got the big chest reward and NOT the personal chest.”, is a bug and has happened to the guild I am in as well.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

in Guild Missions

Vayne.8563

Vayne, this is an intermittent bug happening in the part the OP states about “Saturday, we were the ones to start the guild rush, for some reason when we reached 7/15 completed, the prompt in the guild missions tab said there was no active guild mission. Those that completed it ONLY got the big chest reward and NOT the personal chest.”, is a bug and has happened to the guild I am in as well.

And it needs to be reported and fixed. But the OP is also saying Anet should compensate his guild with boosters, which would be nice, but probably isn’t going to happen. At least I wouldn’t expect it.

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

Our guild completed the Langmar Estate puzzle and got our personal rewards. However, under Guild Missions Panel, guild did not get the puzzle complete and no merits rewarded.

Attachments:

youtube.com/hungryasuras

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

Just saw this, if so that might be why my guild didn’t get reward. Oh well. I didn’t know that.

youtube.com/hungryasuras

in Guild Missions

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Either there are two bugs that cause the non reward of merit or the ‘guild leader has to stay until the end’ isn’t the cause.

I’ve noticed there are some puzzles that seem to bug more than others. For example Angvar’s Trove nearly always bugs, while langmars rarely does

Angvar’s Trove seems to bug more if you are not the guild starting It off, portal stuck players in or you do not stay in range of the event timer (I.e go to the far end of the cave)

If you started the puzzle off(doesn’t need to be a guild leader) and leave the puzzle before it ends(e.g to portal a stuck player in) it seems to bug more than if you don’t.

Sometimes with Angvar’s if you run the puzzle again, wait until the very end you can accept the reward and get the merits. Sometimes not though.

Saying that, guild missions are full of inconsistencies. Some challenges wont let just anyone start them, others will. Guild rushes will let anyone start them, even though the permissions in the roster don’t let them.

Basically, I know these have been reported many times(I do it every time, and giving lots of detail and screenies it happens) but it seems fixing guild missions is a low priority atm.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

(edited by Shanaeri Rynale.6897)