A single Empyreal fragment?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Abramelin.7356

Abramelin.7356

I’ve only been getting a single empyreal fragment as a reward from doing the chamber events in the tower of nightmare. Is this intended? It seems a bit stingy.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Considering the lengths of the chambers it doesn’t seem that bad relative to other sources. Of course that doesn’t consider the time it takes to go from chamber to chamber.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

In my day we’d be lucky to get a whole fragment! And we’d have to go uphill both ways to get it.

/grandpa

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

In my day we’d be lucky to get a whole fragment! And we’d have to go uphill both ways to get it.

/grandpa

Its a tower, grandpa! There’s nothing but uphill!

Also, yes, I got one fragment as well and thought it was rather curious.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You also have to be level 80 in order to receive the fragments.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Actually, I got a single fragment after doing the instance with level 38 Guard yesterday. Didn’t occur to me at the time that only 80s are supposed to get them.

Then I went to LA on my level 80 Thief, did Urmaug’s jumping puzzle, and got four fragments for, like, 1/10th the effort. It did seem a little weird.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I started getting them around 60.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I was gonna say, farming Empyreals in WvW towers or short JP’s like Urmaug’s is way more worthwhile when it comes to rewards than these chambers.

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

I started getting them around 60.

Characters must be level 80 to receive Empyreal Fragments from chests. Dungeons award fragments regardless of level.

This explains it, since mini instances are in fact mini dungeons.

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

Actually, I got a single fragment after doing the instance with level 38 Guard yesterday. Didn’t occur to me at the time that only 80s are supposed to get them.

Then I went to LA on my level 80 Thief, did Urmaug’s jumping puzzle, and got four fragments for, like, 1/10th the effort. It did seem a little weird.

Read above. And the reason why you get more from JP is that u can only do them once per day per account, unlike instances where you can do them over and over again.

in The Nightmare Within

Narcemus.1348

That doesn’t change the fact that in an ever-evolving WvW map you can get multiple for every tower captured. Towers are by far the easiest structure to capture (not control points, structure) and they reward multiple empyreals. I’m not complaining about this, but the reward should be more than one, especially when you need 100 to make the usable empyreal star.

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

I preferably would take 1 Dragonite Ore over 20 Empyreal Fragments…

in The Nightmare Within

Narcemus.1348

lol, personally thanks to Meta-trains, I have almost twice as many Dragonite as Empyreal. Sadly they have decided that we can’t trade worthless things for worthwhile things (TOO MUCH BLOODSTONE BRICKS) so they just fill up our bank space…

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

lol, personally thanks to Meta-trains, I have almost twice as many Dragonite as Empyreal. Sadly they have decided that we can’t trade worthless things for worthwhile things (TOO MUCH BLOODSTONE BRICKS) so they just fill up our bank space…

Too much Bloodstone Dust… Too much.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Making them tradable is a risky move.

They;re the main reason why people do metaevents, so unless you can absolutely ensure that they’ll always have a worthwhile value, not a good idea making them tradable.

in The Nightmare Within

Narcemus.1348

I wouldn’t say tradeable in the since of BLTC, more likely create a scenario where people can put the less valuable (bloodstone dust/bricks) into the Mystic Force and transmute them into the more valuable (dragonite/empyreal). They already have ways to transmute lesser metals into greater ones, and even at a loss it’s more worthwhile than just filling up the bank.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Rex.8954

Rex.8954