Feedback regarding the music [merged]

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The music is just terrible and unfitting for this game

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Moderator)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Heavy metal/rock in a game where OSTs are completely contemporary classical? I cringed so hard when I listened to it.

Trying me things is nice but some things just cannot be tried. Like toothpaste sandwiches.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

If you hate the music mute the trailer

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

They made the music bad on purpose. If it was too good, everyone would be too intimidated to try the contest.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

While this is my opinion, and I am in no means a music expert, I feel the music in the trailer portrayed “space adventure” more than “a tower of nightmares.” I think a darker, more sinister tune would have fit better. I don’t have any idea what content the tower will showcase, or if it will be “creepy” or “dark,” but metal just doesn’t seem to fit with the overall theme.

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to all those music video contestants out there. I can’t even begin to imagine how you are going to use this song.

Also, A-net, could you give a picture of the winnable guitar? I may have missed it, but being able to see what one could win might promote more people to enter.

NSPride <3

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

While this is my opinion, and I am in no means a music expert, I feel the music in the trailer portrayed “space adventure” more than “a tower of nightmares.”

I’ve said this in another thread, and I’ll say it here: I believe Anet made the music bad on purpose, so contestants won’t feel intimidated. They’ll say “Oh, I can do WAY better than that!”

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Heavy metal/rock in a game where OSTs are completely contemporary classical? I cringed so hard when I listened to it.

Trying me things is nice but some things just cannot be tried. Like toothpaste sandwiches.

I completely agree with you, the music is quite out of place.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I agree. That was by far the worst random assortment of sounds I have heard in a long time.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

I can’t imagine watching submitted videos which will all have the metal music. OMG it must have been an idea from Scarket. She likes to torture people like that!

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

(edited by soistheman.7208)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Humor, heard of it?

overreactionboat has sailed apparently.
what about SAB, was that too goofy for you? Not? Why?
I don’t understand why this is bothering you that much. Remember the release trailer? Now THAT was bad, not funny – meant to be serious.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Which I think is kind of the point

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in The Nightmare Within

Marquie Thomas.1873

Why didnt you just comment in the other thread that was complaining about the music i already see it were gonna get 50 million thread’s crying about trailer music.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I think this is THE most kitten trailer so far. I like it!
Not the kind of music that i often listen to but makes a really cool atmosphere for the video, i think it’s just awesome, whoever came up with the idea is a genius

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

I always thought of the Krait and Nightmare Court as metal-heads. I quite liked it. For once, ANet is giving some character to an update. I’m pleasantly surprised so far with this upcoming update.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I love metal, but I don’t think it fits the game. The contest makes this even harder. I’d love to use some awesome GW2 music for one of my videos… but the metal simply doesn’t fit. Shame about that nice guitar though, but this type of music simply belongs in a different kind of video.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I dont mind being the only person who likes the music. Give me more metal and hard rock, please!

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I wish to mirror the sentiments of many in this topic, the music for the trailer was dire, completely inappropriate for Guild Wars

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like the music, and the trailer is fine as in.

I just wish my Thief had some sexy armor based on Dynasty Warriors to go with it.

I love metal, but I don’t think it fits the game. The contest makes this even harder. I’d love to use some awesome GW2 music for one of my videos… but the metal simply doesn’t fit. Shame about that nice guitar though, but this type of music simply belongs in a different kind of video.

At this point in GW’s time, Scarlet could easily invent Metal music just to troll the world further and recruit more crazy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

The music is fine. Don’t be afraid of a little electric guitar and drums people. They’re both quite good for you.

Now, if only the game had more like this trailer… I might actually turn the sound on in it for once.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

How do you expect them to learn if we don’t give feedback? sigh.

“If you don’t like those people shooting innocents just close your eyes”

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

All I could think was “so this instance makes us play a button-mashing fighting game?” ‘Cause that’s exactly what that music made me think of.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I like it, and I want more like it.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I am not a fan of this kind of music, so I just muted the video and went back to my smooth jazz.
Maybe it is for people with a different musical taste.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

All I could think was “so this instance makes us play a button-mashing fighting game?” ‘Cause that’s exactly what that music made me think of.

Me too, I was actually rather reminded of BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, and suddenly it all makes sense. Scarlet Briar is actually Terumi/Hazama in drag. The epic climax will be him getting sick of the optimistic themes of the Guild Wars 2 universe and open a portal to the BlazBlue universe and flood Tyria with Siether.

Does this also mean Norn are going to get Tager and Potempkin themed armors? Do elementalists get greatswords next update and the wind attunement 5 skill is RIDE THE LIGHTNING! And maybe the water attunement involves spammable Ice Cars?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

I like the music, but it doesnt fit for GW2.

On the other hand I think it was made for the contest not the game so its fine.

in The Nightmare Within

Marquie Thomas.1873

How do you expect them to learn if we don’t give feedback? sigh.

“If you don’t like those people shooting innocents just close your eyes”

That comment was made when this thread wasn’t merged and renamed it wasn’t originally a music feedback thread theres nothing to give feed back on even arena net know the music isn’t like that of gw2 i think thats the point of the trailer. This whole trailer music BS is being blow out of proportion.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Try syncing this here:

Start this song at 16 seconds (already have it setup in link):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPe4G9BiIc4&t=0m16s

Mute and play the trailer right at that 16 second mark (yes, including the beginning credits and all):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy_Zi4dI72w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA

Thank me later.

in The Nightmare Within

Thobek.1730

Try syncing this here:

Start this song at 16 seconds (already have it setup in link):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPe4G9BiIc4&t=0m16s

Mute and play the trailer right at that 16 second mark (yes, including the beginning credits and all):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy_Zi4dI72w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA

Thank me later.

Nice find, I probably should of checked that link half an hour ago.

I gave it quick go to replace the audio, and added in the voiceover from the previous video..

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The trailer music doesn’t fit, and wasn’t that good.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

i facepalmed hard when i heard the music in the new video lol

and i still…..

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

While this is my opinion, and I am in no means a music expert, I feel the music in the trailer portrayed “space adventure” more than “a tower of nightmares.” I think a darker, more sinister tune would have fit better. I don’t have any idea what content the tower will showcase, or if it will be “creepy” or “dark,” but metal just doesn’t seem to fit with the overall theme.

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck to all those music video contestants out there. I can’t even begin to imagine how you are going to use this song.

Also, A-net, could you give a picture of the winnable guitar? I may have missed it, but being able to see what one could win might promote more people to enter.

Here you go: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community/contests/

It is listed at the “News” link up under “Community” in the links bar, though it is only listed (as well as PAX 2013) from certain pages on the website. Yet another reported website issue that has never been fixed.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The music is obviously different … but I do think it does seemed wedged into the scene instead of meshing well with the content. If anything, I would have expected a metal-style tune to be used for Charr or Asura-themed content. Though, it may be possible that the music itself could project a bit of Scarlet’s character and interests.

After playing Final Fantasy for years, I’ve learned and grown accustomed to drastic musical shifts in RPGs in general. I have basically expected just about any genre meshed in with every other genre in a RPG’s sound track.

Does it make sense? For me, it does … then again, I listen to everything and manage to find some sort of appreciation, big or small, in it.

Of course, now I have admitted to committing a “musical war crime” by finding appreciating certain musical undertones of Justin Beiber and Nickelback … but my likes aren’t binary. I still have the sorta-like and sorta-dislike in the spectrum of auditory tastelessness.

At the end of the day, musical taste all boils down to one thing: opinion. Some might find them bad while others might find my tastes interesting, but like everyone’s opinion, we all have different tastes.

With that said, I’m probably the same kind of nutjob judge that would rate competing bands 8 to 10 in a Battle of The Bands competition.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in The Nightmare Within

Aedelric.1287

As I said earlier I personally I dislike it because it is bad 80’s metal, the over the top kind you would get for an 80’s game trailer. Not the good stuff like Metallica, Judas Priest or Motorhead.

Things is, it is not really much to do with musical tastes but rather the sudden and drastic change. People are used to and like the music Guild Wars has, I have seen many topics complement the various tracks, especially unique pieces that have been crafted for the living story/festivals. Come to think of it this is probably the first time I have ever seen a topic or posts at all refer to Guild Wars music negatively, ever. Departing from the music style we have had since 2005 is not a good move.

Fingers crossed this trash is just a one off.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Liked the video, hated the music, but don’t mind if other people like it. Everybody has their own taste, after all.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The guitar fit the SAB commercial. Doesn’t have a place in the true Guild Wars 2 setting how ever.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

Sadly i haven’t lost faith in devs what i have lost it in is the community and how much a train wreck its become

way to insult us all. now go away

in The Nightmare Within

Thobek.1730

Sadly i haven’t lost faith in devs what i have lost it in is the community and how much a train wreck its become

way to insult us all. now go away

I agree, no need to insult the community. We give feedback to the devs which is important otherwise where else do they get feedback?

in The Nightmare Within

Thobek.1730

someone posted this on the GW2 reddit page – worth posting here. Its not good when a trailer can be poked fun at this much.

in The Nightmare Within

Aedelric.1287

Thanks for that Thobek, it was quite amusing.

Scary thing is that the music was actually more fitting!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

Not only did the music completely destroy the mood of the trailer for me, but i also really dislike the competition as well.

Why would you make a competition about making a GW2 music video, when you dont even have first person view? Absolutely none of the videos are going to look good when you cant remove your own character from the middle of the screen (unless its like a dance video or just you fighting mobs, which is what every GW2 video already is).
I might just have a massive grudge about not having first person view. Being unable to take proper scenery screenshots for over a year has been really annoying.

This competition would have been great if it was bundled with official first person view update, its like “hey look what we added, here use this song to make the most amazing cinematic masterpiece you can”. Now that would have been cool.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

in The Nightmare Within

Marquie Thomas.1873

someone posted this on the GW2 reddit page – worth posting here. Its not good when a trailer can be poked fun at this much.

As much as i actually liked that video it dose confirm that my thoughts about the community and how they over react to every little thing arena net dose in a negative way. I mean its just a trailer you wold think people wouldn’t mind them doing something out of the box in one every now and then. But atm all i see is people willing to jump on them at the drop of a hat even at something thats ment to be funny or used for something like the contest. And what about the actual contest why no feed back thread for that and only one for the music in the trailer.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I was expecting Guile Theme.

GW2’s community, I AM DISAPPOINT.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in The Nightmare Within

Thobek.1730

As much as i actually liked that video it dose confirm that my thoughts about the community and how they over react to every little thing arena net dose in a negative way. I mean its just a trailer you wold think people wouldn’t mind them doing something out of the box in one every now and then. But atm all i see is people willing to jump on them at the drop of a hat even at something thats ment to be funny or used for something like the contest. And what about the actual contest why no feed back thread for that and only one for the music in the trailer.

somebody really needs to lighten up.

in The Nightmare Within

narrock.6890

And in other news today.. the GW2 community have effectively run out of things to complain about….

Wait. The Devs are gearing up for another announcement. Stay tuned folks, more complaining is on the way!!!

wow who upvoted these insults at the entire community?
bad unfitting music is not running out of complaints its a real issue its same as the rap trailers for Assassin’s creed 4 its just poor taste and reflects poorly on the game. you don’t build up a dark and eerie atmosphere then start blasting CeeLo.

in The Nightmare Within

Marquie Thomas.1873

And in other news today.. the GW2 community have effectively run out of things to complain about….

Wait. The Devs are gearing up for another announcement. Stay tuned folks, more complaining is on the way!!!

bad unfitting music is not running out of complaints its a real issue its same as the rap trailers for Assassin’s creed 4 its just poor taste and reflects poorly on the game. you don’t build up a dark and eerie atmosphere then start blasting CeeLo.

Cause all people seem to do every now and days is gripe gripe gripe and now there crying over something as silly as trailer music. Its one thing to complain but the music in the trailer is not one of them in fact the contest it self is one of the better things to complain about cause for one Oceanic/Asian population get shafted for contest Two look at the Q and A here “Q: Can I record vocals over “The Nightmares Within” song?
A: Yes, you can add an English vocal track to “The Nightmares Within” instrumental. English only, please – we need to understand what you’re saying!”. If i am a primary Spanish speaker i am basically forfeiting if i do Spanish vocal’s even if i translate them apparently. There also a few other legit thing’s that when people bring up on the forums go largely ignored by the overall community and devs

in The Nightmare Within

narrock.6890

Cause all people seem to do every now and days is gripe gripe gripe and now there crying over something as silly as trailer music. Its one thing to complain but the music in the trailer is not one of them in fact the contest it self is one of the better things to complain about cause for one Oceanic/Asian population get shafted for contest Two look at the Q and A here “Q: Can I record vocals over “The Nightmares Within” song?
A: Yes, you can add an English vocal track to “The Nightmares Within” instrumental. English only, please – we need to understand what you’re saying!”. If i am a primary Spanish speaker i am basically forfeiting if i do Spanish vocal’s even if i translate them apparently. There also a few other legit thing’s that when people bring up on the forums go largely ignored by the overall community and devs

so your mad about something else that has nothing to do the OP, but rather then start a post asking about this problem you come here and insult people and claim your problem is above others….I….I…honestly can not believe your attitude.

in The Nightmare Within

Marquie Thomas.1873

Sigh i really dont think you get the point

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: havellian.4073

havellian.4073

I was a bit taken aback at first but actually quite like the music now. Never would have thought GW would use metal haha

Regardless of whether it is your taste of music or not, can’t deny that it’s nice devs are continuing to innovate with music/sound and trying different things

in The Nightmare Within

narrock.6890

i did and quite frankly i was right with what i said at first time you are insulting people and add nothing leave.

in The Nightmare Within

Marquie Thomas.1873

i did and quite frankly i was right with what i said at first time you are insulting people and add nothing leave.

So the music in a trailer is more of a concern/problem then a contest that has a language and region barrier tacked on to it and i don’t think i insulted any one other then you in this post and i was not even trying to be insulting.Yet you don’t think its insulting to me when you say now leave and go away you could at least say plz lol.

Personally i don’t have a problem with the music in the trailer what i do have a problem with is the community overly complaining over such a small issue when there is a much bigger issue involving the contest it self cause of reason i just explained. I see threads that brings up legit issue goes mostly ignored by devs and the community some thread are spammed into obscurity cause of other copy cat thread’s crying about whoopty doo trailer music or those flipping 150 million scarlet hate threads gotta catch em all scarletmon.

You would think the gw2 community’s has better things to gripe over then trailer music but no they do not even when 2 Sub community’s within the entire GW2 community as a whole are being bared from contest entry and the fact there’s a language barrier for people wanting to do vocals but cant cause they don’t speak English.

(edited by Marquie Thomas.1873)