I know it's a stretch, but Abaddon?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Anyone else get a huge Abaddon / Margonite vibe from this guy?

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/wallpapers/4b88511-12_tNW-1920x1200.jpg

I know I know, that’s a huge stretch and giving Anet a lot of credit to involve Abaddon or his minions somehow in this living story with Scarlet of all things, but maybe he’s the mastermind behind all of this? He did give humans magic after all, so is it that unlikely that he chose Scarlet to give powers to so that she could become our villain we know today?

References images:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/224/6/0/guild_wars_lore___abaddon_and_the_gift_of_magic_by_gannadene-d5asoqh.jpg

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/full/492007/322ac071-544e-428b-a4db-5b131abd478e.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Margonite

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Interesting idea…except for one problem.

He died at the end of Nightfall, and Kormir took his power. So he’s pretty much all but guaranteed to be a no show except for fractals.

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

He died at the end of Nightfall, and Kormir took his power. So he’s pretty much all but guaranteed to be a no show except for fractals.

Yeah I played through GW1 I know all about the events that took place. I’m just thinking it’d be interesting if they were somehow related in any way… I’m tryin to find hope for this living story here lol.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

hes not entirely dead. His power is now inside Kormir, so in essnace, part of him is a part of her now. and if Anet wanted, they could certainly spin that around to being why the human gods have been so silent (cuz abbadon has been messing with them) and why scarlet has been doing all this stuff (assuming the entity or power that changed her while she was in the eternal alchemy was abbadon)
I dont think its abbadon though, Maybe mordremoth.

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

hes not entirely dead. His power is now inside Kormir, so in essnace, part of him is a part of her now. and if Anet wanted, they could certainly spin that around to being why the human gods have been so silent (cuz abbadon has been messing with them) and why scarlet has been doing all this stuff (assuming the entity or power that changed her while she was in the eternal alchemy was abbadon)
I dont think its abbadon though, Maybe mordremoth.

Yeah possibly Mordemoth. The only reason I didn’t speculate that is because we know so little about him. Either way it’d be a breath of fresh air to get some actual story going.

in The Nightmare Within

Zayd Akira.1942

well i just looked at what the decal on the guitar for the contest looks like. and the baddie on the decal definitely looks a lot like a planty-abbadon.

Plantaddon.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

well, they do give some reasons already why the gods went away, the dragons consume/absorb magic and that could pose a serious threat to the gods. Also http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Abaddon go to gallery, best Abaddon pictures not used in game. I really feel we will, at some point in time, probably distant future, that we’ll see other gods minions, like Menzies the Mad’s, Dhuum, Abaddon minions maybe; let’s all be honest, who doesn’t want to see a return of titans and dryders. I feel gods minions would be a nice return, BUT ONLY! if they’re written well and executed properly, otherwise it could feel very sloppy and be seen as just a crutch for living story.

in The Nightmare Within

Zayd Akira.1942

Yeah ive seen those pics, i think it looks like abaddon, but yeah i still think its not him, or even a margonite.

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Abaddon!

I would love it if the Fallen Gods, as I call them, were woven into the GW2 lore and the story itself. Specifically Abaddon.

Yes, I realize he kinda-sorta, maybe, ‘died’ at the end of Nightfall, but these are gods we’re talking about. Kormir absorbed the power that was let loose upon his defeat, in essence stealing his divinity, but there are several ways he could still exist.

1. Not all of his power was actually absorbed. Remnants of it remained in the Realm of Torment, finally coalescing into Abaddon’s new form.
  2. Similar to #1, but these shards of power were seeded in advance, maybe carried by Margonite handlers to safe places or realms.
  3. As put forth by Zayd Akira, a part of Abaddon could be influencing Kormir, turning her into a two-faced Goddess of Truth… And Secrets!

As for the other two of our trifecta; Menzies is still running rampant in FoW having a temper tantrum ’cause Daddy liked Balthazar more, and Dhuum seems to break out of the divine super-max known as the Underworld more frequently than a lion in a wet paper bag.

I, at least, hope that they make an appearance, if not trying to capitalize on the Elder Dragons’ awakenings as a main plot line.

in The Nightmare Within

Zayd Akira.1942

maybe not so much during the dragons awakening, because their power has to be getting sucked dry by the dragons absorbing all of it.
(P.S. arenanet, doesnt that mean that the players powers are being sucked dry too? wouldn’t at some point, the absorbtion of magic by the dragons start taking the magic of the races as well?)
maybe if they were to come about after the last of the dragons defeat or something. Like this whole scarlet thing. I highly think she is in some way connected to the dragons because for her to be doing all of this random stuff with no mention of the dragon threat that is currently underway on the whole area, then thats just some major plot holiness which is a major reason why a lot of people dislike the living story in the first place, is because so much of it feels disconnected to the dragons, to the main reason why we are even here.
Think of it like a mass disaster, during the terrorist attack on the mall in kenya(?) or during the terrorist attack in the US in 2001, the main bad things, and threats to them were the terrorists (dragons). That was a main focus and the main event that happened that kind of caused all time else-where to stop for those people dealing with the dangers and threat of them. It would have been very unlikely, and extremely unbelievable if during either attacks, there was suddenly a second threat, that was totally un-related or influenced by eachother. Imagine godzilla attacking during the 9/11 attacks, or something along those lines. Its just a really rare event where two extremely bad things happen together around the same time without having influenced each other which makes it unbelievable. That’s what the living story kinda of is right now, is unbelievable, especially in this world where we are told from level 1 that our main threat is the dragons, and that Zhaitan is the biggest of threats (granted hes dead now ‘supposedly’).
If Anet is to fix this issue, they would link scarlet to the dragons, the easiest one being mordremoth, which they have ample opportunity to do, and will have more opportunity to do with the time to come. It all really rests on the shoulders of the writers, and what really depends on how easy it’ll be for them for that to happen is if they planned for it to be dragons all along in the end or if scarlet was a total random event in tyrian history.
Now, a lot of people are mad about scarlet and the living story because of how unrelated they seem to the core game, so i think even if they hadn’t planned for scarlet to be linked to dragons, that she will most likely be linked to dragons now anyway.
I have a theory that she is to be linked to dragons all along, and that Anet was just doing their typical story telling where they give you one baddie after the other and in the end it turns out the thing that connected them all together was an even worse baddie. That’s how the story for prophecies went. To be honest, the story for prophecies in GW1 was so confusing to me in game, i had no clue what was going on and never did even after beating the campaign until i watched a wooden potatoes video detailing the whole plot. Thats when it clicked finally and i rally understood how great of a story it was. I think that scarlets story was meant to be just like prophecies in that way, where we just have noclue why she is doing this, why this is all happenning now, and then at the end, boom its a new dragon, or a resurrected/neverdead/undead*cough*revamped*cough* Zhaitan that was influancing her. I think the reason why its gotten so confusing now is because a lot of the planning for when certain info was to be released got into disarray because the community just wasn’t seeing it, or they just wanted the answers now, or they were expecting just a little side story with each update and not some very long and layered story-telling, which all the anger is probably a combination of the three and more.

But anyway, that’s why i think dragons are influencing scarlet. :P

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

maybe not so much during the dragons awakening, because their power has to be getting sucked dry by the dragons absorbing all of it.
(P.S. arenanet, doesnt that mean that the players powers are being sucked dry too? wouldn’t at some point, the absorbtion of magic by the dragons start taking the magic of the races as well?)
maybe if they were to come about after the last of the dragons defeat or something. Like this whole scarlet thing. I highly think she is in some way connected to the dragons because for her to be doing all of this random stuff with no mention of the dragon threat that is currently underway on the whole area, then thats just some major plot holiness which is a major reason why a lot of people dislike the living story in the first place, is because so much of it feels disconnected to the dragons, to the main reason why we are even here.
Think of it like a mass disaster, during the terrorist attack on the mall in kenya(?) or during the terrorist attack in the US in 2001, the main bad things, and threats to them were the terrorists (dragons). That was a main focus and the main event that happened that kind of caused all time else-where to stop for those people dealing with the dangers and threat of them. It would have been very unlikely, and extremely unbelievable if during either attacks, there was suddenly a second threat, that was totally un-related or influenced by eachother. Imagine godzilla attacking during the 9/11 attacks, or something along those lines. Its just a really rare event where two extremely bad things happen together around the same time without having influenced each other which makes it unbelievable. That’s what the living story kinda of is right now, is unbelievable, especially in this world where we are told from level 1 that our main threat is the dragons, and that Zhaitan is the biggest of threats (granted hes dead now ‘supposedly’).
If Anet is to fix this issue, they would link scarlet to the dragons, the easiest one being mordremoth, which they have ample opportunity to do, and will have more opportunity to do with the time to come. It all really rests on the shoulders of the writers, and what really depends on how easy it’ll be for them for that to happen is if they planned for it to be dragons all along in the end or if scarlet was a total random event in tyrian history.
Now, a lot of people are mad about scarlet and the living story because of how unrelated they seem to the core game, so i think even if they hadn’t planned for scarlet to be linked to dragons, that she will most likely be linked to dragons now anyway.
I have a theory that she is to be linked to dragons all along, and that Anet was just doing their typical story telling where they give you one baddie after the other and in the end it turns out the thing that connected them all together was an even worse baddie. That’s how the story for prophecies went. To be honest, the story for prophecies in GW1 was so confusing to me in game, i had no clue what was going on and never did even after beating the campaign until i watched a wooden potatoes video detailing the whole plot. Thats when it clicked finally and i rally understood how great of a story it was. I think that scarlets story was meant to be just like prophecies in that way, where we just have noclue why she is doing this, why this is all happenning now, and then at the end, boom its a new dragon, or a resurrected/neverdead/undead*cough*revamped*cough* Zhaitan that was influancing her. I think the reason why its gotten so confusing now is because a lot of the planning for when certain info was to be released got into disarray because the community just wasn’t seeing it, or they just wanted the answers now, or they were expecting just a little side story with each update and not some very long and layered story-telling, which all the anger is probably a combination of the three and more.

Holy enter key, batman.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

I never said it was Abaddon. But who’s to say this hybrid thing (hybrid of what exactly) isn’t somehow related or something?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I never said it was Abaddon. But who’s to say this hybrid thing (hybrid of what exactly) isn’t somehow related or something?

Hmmm Toxic Hybrid maybe gives a clue and the body style as well? (Krait and more of that Toxic spore crap)

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

Hmmm Toxic Hybrid maybe gives a clue and the body style as well? (Krait and more of that Toxic spore crap)

As I said in the title, it’s a stretch. I’m hoping and dreaming but you’re probably right.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Considering there’s a Molten Berserker to her right (well, her left, our right) and what appears to be Sparki or the Molten Firestorm (they have similar models with different color schemes), I assume that it’s a modified Clockheart behind her. Perhaps it’s a Twistedheart since it no trace of robotics on it?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

i wouldnt be surprised if what scarlet saw wasnt the eternal alchemy, but abaddon and abaddon is what caused scarlet to go over the deep end.

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

i wouldnt be surprised if what scarlet saw wasnt the eternal alchemy, but abaddon and abaddon is what caused scarlet to go over the deep end.

That’s kind of where I was going with that. I mean it could be possible, right?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

or even that forest dragon for the matter. i just have a feeling that while scarlet thinks she’s liberated herself from her preordained destiny written by the pale tree, she has actually now become the puppet for an even larger entity.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Also. considering the current poor writing and lack of a lot of character development, would you really want them to sully the gods?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Also. considering the current poor writing and lack of a lot of character development, would you really want them to sully the gods?

You’re right. It would be utter blasphemy…

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I’ll go off on a stretch which is probably 99.99% incorect.

The Thaumanova Reactor and Fall of Abaddon fractals both have to do with Scarlett. Portals + Steam creatures from the reactor, and somehow Scarlett has obtained a power to dress up her minions like fallen gods!

I would not be surprised if I was correct, which I’m not. But this LS storyline is all over the place.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

I do miss the gods from GW1 if it is the Abaddon that would be something to see and somehow Kormir plays a small part in this it would be nice to see to but I doubt it since they don’t want to bring the gods back on the side note If it is Abaddon I would like to see the ghost of Varesh

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Abaddon is dead and so is his essence. The story in nightfall explained that only the raw power of a god is what remains when they are destroyed.

Dhuum and Menzies are up for grabs to a LS arc though. The old god of death is still locked away and Menzies is there, just very quiet for some reason. Both are great opportunities for a revisit of UW and FoW.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

On the guitar, you can see more of this plantguy and he gives a mursaat vibe – in that its stance is “better than thou” – but has an elongated “leggings” that’s only one, implying that it’s a plantish krait.

“Hybrid”? Hybrid between plant and krait.

Yeah I played through GW1 I know all about the events that took place. I’m just thinking it’d be interesting if they were somehow related in any way… I’m tryin to find hope for this living story here lol.

You really want Scarlet to be related to Abaddon in some way? How is that to make the LS better? To me, that’d just make it worse because lo-and-behold, now a dead gods’ minions fall in line behind the scrambled-salad-brain.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: iceknite.6507

iceknite.6507

I noticed that the creature in the teaser picture looks it has the body of a krait, but with six eyes. The only creatures I remember in the lore of Tyria that had six eyes were the Margonites who had ties to Abbadon. Could it be that the toxic hybrid is somehow related to the Margonites and Abbadon? (This one might be a longshot)

Attachments:

in The Nightmare Within

Konig Des Todes.2086

Very front page, you have this. A new thread on the same topic is not needed.

But it is EXTREMELY unlikely that the thing that looks like a planty upright snake is Margonite related just because it has six eyes.

News flash folks: Abaddon and Margonites are not the only things with six eyes. Shades, for example. Six eyes is a rather common theme throughout the whole of the franchise. Some of their artists that have been around since Prophecies just seems to have a thing for six eye horrors.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The only thing that needs to come from the Realm of Torment are the Spine filled web covered jungles of the Domain of Fear and the Blood stained mountains of the Depths of Madness….

I like the idea of a Blood Stained Guild Wars 2 mountain zone similar to the Depths of Madness….

(edited by Mickey Frogeater.1470)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I think people overanalyze things.

I think ArenaNet just thought it was cool to give this thing six eyes without having any connection to margonites or Abaddon.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Holy enter key, batman.

Amazing, Batman! Absolutely mind-boggling.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

(edited by Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Although there is a possibility of a deeper version of what we know. They always say that everything is possible. And with Asuran technology and their personal story line shows us infinite possibilities.
One of the missions is that you open a portal to another dimension where you are an ultimate bad guy trying to take over Tyria. You end up fighting yourslef in order to complete it. During the fight he spawns Steam cretures, which we still know very little about.
You want to hear a strech? What if Abaddon was never defeated in the parallel universe? What if asuran technology fell in the wrong hands? What if Scarlet is from another dimension herself? I mean there is nothing in lore about Aetherblade Pirates that just shown up out of nowhere. And the pirates wear steam-punk clothing, using steam weapons. Now in the new TA path we seen them work along Steam Creatures that are technically from another parallel universe. So does that mean the pirates come from there as well?
If it all ties together we’ll have an AMAZING story that will practically par with DC comics.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would rather go with Dhuum or Menzies.

Abaddon may have had 6 eyes, but also his demon minions, who were out of a job once he got wiped out of existence. Nothing stops the other two known evil gods from taking over those forces, if they are still around.

As for parallel universes, I don’t think that’ll work. I think it’s highly unlikely that there’s parallel Mists. Instead, it’s more likely that all parallel worlds are connected to the Mists, and that the Mists are atemporal, not following the same rules of space and time as the physical worlds. The mists are more like a memory or a dream, all jumbled here and there, some things repeating, some things different. All parallel worlds and their related maps and fractals would be in the mists, but the Mists are just one continuum.
Gods would be gods not just because of their power, but also because they exist for all worlds in the mists. And the more worlds they interact with, the more their power is spread and weakened.

If the mists are anything like that, destroying Abaddon would destroy him for all worlds, as he and his power would be confined in one spot by the chains the other gods used, and Kormir would have contained all the power Abaddon released when defeated before it exploded and had time to spread.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in The Nightmare Within

TehPwnerer.7215

Abaddon is dead and so is his essence. The story in nightfall explained that only the raw power of a god is what remains when they are destroyed.

Dhuum and Menzies are up for grabs to a LS arc though. The old god of death is still locked away and Menzies is there, just very quiet for some reason. Both are great opportunities for a revisit of UW and FoW.

I’ve made a thread on the subject. I’d love to revisit those areas in GW2.. Have been suggesting this since before launch. =)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

No.

Abbaddon was the Scarlet of GW1 lore.

Everything made sense, and then all of a sudden “Abbaddon was behind all of everything since the beginning! We just never told you because we made it up just now and retconned it to make him seem more important.”

At least in the context of his own campaign he made sense…

Also, Mithran is correct. In lore, the mists are the fluid essence of reality, from which all other realities are formed. The forming of new realities works like the formation of a star, the coalesce around a single source of power or a radiant event. They form the essence of all things in the GW universe.

Wheras in reality we’re all made of stardust, in Guild Wars we’re all essentially made of the Mists.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

Btw, here’s the reference to the mission I was talking about:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Split_Second

Gods would be gods not just because of their power, but also because they exist for all worlds in the mists. And the more worlds they interact with, the more their power is spread and weakened.

Considering the multiverse theory , an infinite universe will contain an infinite number of Hubble volumes, all having the same physical laws and physical constants.

That being said The Mist is explained as following:
“The Mists is the oldest thing in existence, constituting the fabric of time and space that connects the multiverse together.”

Which would mean that it is in fact connecting every parallel universe in existence.
That would explain that Abaddon is in fact is dead and no longer exist. Fractals being what they are can manipulate time and space making entities like Abaddon exist once again, for the sake of relieving the history. But at the same time just like you said, in form of memory or a dream.

The simple fact that multiverse is mentioned in official description of The Mists is intriguing, pushing me closer and closer to believe my parallel universe theory where Scarlet somehow got the hang of “Infinity Ball” giving her ability to travel between those universes, creating one Ultra-Alliance.
Probably the most mysetrious thing in the whole living story are the Steam Creatures themselves as they being described as follows:

“Steam creatures are mechanical abominations with steampunk design. Along with the dredge, steam creatures are one of the primary threats in Lornar’s Pass. The origin of the creatures are a mystery.

Since that mystery never been resolved and Scarlet somehow got them under her control is just mind-boggling to me. Excitement for the unknown is just bursting out of me!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Valandras.2093

Valandras.2093

I doubt its anything as interesting as Abaddon: I’m fairly certain that its a Toxic Hybrid.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

No.

Abbaddon was the Scarlet of GW1 lore.

Everything made sense, and then all of a sudden “Abbaddon was behind all of everything since the beginning! We just never told you because we made it up just now and retconned it to make him seem more important.”

Don’t you ever, ever, compare Scarlet to godly lore such as Abaddon again. EVER
However, I do see your point to a degree, especially with the fortune teller being a demon. But in actuality, it made sense. Without this being true, she was just a crazy lady with no apparent motives to cause chaos. Hmmm kinda sounds like another character we know…

I think everything being tied to Abaddon fit quite superbly. He was mentioned in the first game, and at the end of Nightfall it was almost like he was there the entire time. Right infront of our faces, he was playing us, where the veil to the mist was thin, from the very beginning. Was Abaddon the bad guy, or was it us the players?

Not to mention that Nightfall was by far the best writing Arena Net has produced thus far.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Looks like a merging of Krait and Sylvari into a .. ummm thing?

in The Nightmare Within

Konig Des Todes.2086

Btw, here’s the reference to the mission I was talking about:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Split_Second

Considering the multiverse theory , an infinite universe will contain an infinite number of Hubble volumes, all having the same physical laws and physical constants.

That being said The Mist is explained as following:
“The Mists is the oldest thing in existence, constituting the fabric of time and space that connects the multiverse together.”

Which would mean that it is in fact connecting every parallel universe in existence.
That would explain that Abaddon is in fact is dead and no longer exist. Fractals being what they are can manipulate time and space making entities like Abaddon exist once again, for the sake of relieving the history. But at the same time just like you said, in form of memory or a dream.

The simple fact that multiverse is mentioned in official description of The Mists is intriguing, pushing me closer and closer to believe my parallel universe theory where Scarlet somehow got the hang of “Infinity Ball” giving her ability to travel between those universes, creating one Ultra-Alliance.
Probably the most mysetrious thing in the whole living story are the Steam Creatures themselves as they being described as follows:

“Steam creatures are mechanical abominations with steampunk design. Along with the dredge, steam creatures are one of the primary threats in Lornar’s Pass. The origin of the creatures are a mystery.

Since that mystery never been resolved and Scarlet somehow got them under her control is just mind-boggling to me. Excitement for the unknown is just bursting out of me!

there are dozens of multiverse theories and we don’t know which one adheres in guild wars. Split Second only tells us that there are multiple possible futures. However, what we don’t know is if that future disappears from existence once it is avoided.

E.g., the Grand Sovereign may have destroyed his world by entering ours.

For all we know, the other universes are not alternate realities, just different universes.

Also, we know the origins of steam creatures. One user on the wiki was just making an edit war claiming that those in Lornar’s Pass may hold a different origin than those in the personal story where it is stated the Grand Sovereign invented them.

Dear ANet writers,

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

What i’m guessing…

Krait+ Husk+ Toxic Plant= Toxic Hybrid

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

Also, we know the origins of steam creatures. One user on the wiki was just making an edit war claiming that those in Lornar’s Pass may hold a different origin than those in the personal story where it is stated the Grand Sovereign invented them.

Still doesn’t explain the origins. And one person’s speculation doesn’t make it true.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Abbadon died in end of nightfall. Closest would be Menzies the Mad.
But most likely its a villain we haven’t seen before or scarlet…

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Oh, no, no.

We just know that guy used them too. And nothing else. We don’t know if the Grand Sovereign made them all, or if he was the one that originally developed them, or if Scarlet is using the same ones, or some she made herself, not even if hers are related to his, or if she simply saw them through the mists and decided to make her own.

All we know for sure is “The Grand Sovereign had steam creatures as minions” and “Scarlet has steam creatures as minions”, as player characters haven’t seen anything else, and we can’t trust what Scarlet and the Grand Sovereign themselves say.

That’s why the steam creatures are one of the few good edges in Scarlet’s story. The other ones being whatever she saw that ‘turned’ Ceara into Scarlet, and — needless to say — Hobotron.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

I miss Hobo-Tron…

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I miss Hobo-Tron…

What happened to him? Last I saw of him was during Scarlet’s Playhouse.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

The guy on the left of Scarlett looks more like a minotaur or an Axon (The demons near Shadow Behemoth) to me than the molten berserker if you ask me, I mean, look at the horns. Then you’ve got the Clockwork Nightmare on her right. I get the feeling we’re going to go to her secret base and find out the real secret behind everything…or maybe A-Net will leave us clues to find and when we do discover the real secret, it’ll be something big.

As for Abaddon, the human gods did disappear and the High Priestess of Lyssa even claims the gods themselves were consumed by the elder dragons. With the absence of their power, I’m sure any form of evil could return and begin corrupting the world.

in The Nightmare Within

Romo.3709

I miss Hobo-Tron…

What happened to him? Last I saw of him was during Scarlet’s Playhouse.

The devs mentioned at one point that he will have a deeper role in the story, so he’ll come back I don’t seem to be able to find the post atm…
But I can’t wait >.<

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Flimsy evidence but creature behind scarlet has 6 eyes in artwork is it possible that is the relation and gap we are missing for scarlet. Krait towers are made to make portals to other relms or mark cites of such portals(accention) . Relm of Torment/Madness explain why scarlet is so crazy and everything to now was a diversion.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Nah, people are overanalyzing as usual.

ArenaNet just thought it was cool to add a creature with six eyes, nothing more, nothing less.

There’s no connection to either margonites or Abaddon.