Is not solo'able

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I did it solo.

Climbed the 3 levels, entered all the mini instances; completed the explorer achievement and killed the last champ without dying a single time.

Pro-tip: Hang that zerk gear in the wardrobe and use your pvp set.

Ill say it again…this better not be some ill-conceived attemp at making me get another gear set. I geared my thief for zerker. I don’t want to get a PVT set or something.

Note: I do support different gear sets and builds to promote diversity. I just chose zerker for my thief and I dont want to have to acquire another set to complete this content. What happened to playing the way I want to play?

You are doing it; and, as consequence, are effective as your choice is.

Don’t get a defensive set if you don’t want to, but as it should always be and unfortunately it is not; using a pure dps set is putting you up to some real risk. Get friends or go slowly.

Going slowly does not help. Running into a pack of 8 regular mobs and 2 vets is punishing if I am alone. Or running into a champ.. Yes people have soloed the champs, but not everyone.

Last night I was with a group, but was seperated because we all went into an instance. Came out and I was alone. So I waited 10 minutes to see if more people would come. None did. I trecked on and found my self surrounded by the scenario I told above.

So this tells me that if I cant stay up with the zerg, I need to build defensive to run solo. So again I ask, why is arenanet suddenly making open world content like this largely unattainable for zerker builds?

Read from the other thieves on this same sub forum saying they did it with full zerk build but moving slowly using stealth.

You won’t be able to just advance slaying anything on your way, at least not that easy now.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Of course you shouldn’t be able to solo Group Events.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Youtube already has solo videos… LOL

And I am sure not a single one of them is of you defeating a champion solo.

LOL?

Changeing the direction of the discussion after loseing argument, eh.

but whatever, i see pppl still asking how it is possible to solo it or askig how the scaling work, it seems that my post was completly ignored.

If you read my guide that link to i posted on page 2, you dont have to read the whole guide just read the begining wher i explained how scaling work, you would know.

Or am i to take it that its too much of a trouble to read some other thread and i need to quote myslef?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Of course you shouldn’t be able to solo Group Events.

Just like people aren’t supposed to be able to solo dungeon bosses (i.e. Lupi)?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: babak.3654

babak.3654

I don’t generally post in the forums but felt the need to vent. I really enjoyed the last Living Story update in Kessex Hills, but the Tower of Nightmares is another matter. I’ve spent the last two evenings stuck with underpopulated overflows, trying to scale the tower through a combination of rapidly respawning veteran, elite and champion mobs and endless control effects.

I’m not opposed to grouping up, there are people in the overflow with me but everyone gets too spread out moving through the tower. Add to that my complete contempt for the Scarlett non-story and I think I’m done for the next two weeks.

More attention needs to be paid to how content scales with player numbers, and ensuring content remains viable in overflow instances

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So I tried it again. Dont’ know why yesterday I had problems. Maybe there were more mobs in final instance in 1st story version with Kasmeer and Majory.

My 2nd try today it really was easy. Did not change my armor which is mostly power + some toughness, precision mix(not too glassy but still a bit low toughness). But changed a lot of traits. Engineer changing traits works big.

Just kiting with bombs lol..

Molten Alliance was not a big deal. Portal I think only spawns 2 normal + 1 vet and they dont respawn? Or at least only the 3 max from one portal respawn… I aoed with bombs 1 portal down and while doing so damaged the mobs… was not a big deal then and I could easily clear the room from all mobs by the end.

Biggest problem was last Aetherblade vet with confusion… just not that used to fight against confusion. I wasn’t careful and got downed but managed to rezz by throwing elixir before. (I should have been more careful with my other elixir I’m actually using the one that converts conditions into boons). So no real trouble if I were more careful.

Then last boss… loool. Seemed much easier than in my first try with other build in story version. Max 2 normal mobs + that boss… kiting with bombs to kill all of them staying out of damage most of the time(bomb radius increased) also lot of dodging from elixir that refills endurance(+ extra bombs on dodge from trait).

Hardest still to get up from 3rd level to top. But much easier with elixir and condition cleanse stuff. Also helps others.

Engineer: Elixirs + Bombs. My recommendation. Easy play. Not too much to aim like with grenades ha ha. I’m lazy. Easy achievement. Nice mini. Thanks ArenaNet. Doing some more stuff and running with zerg to help others then. And farm a bit.

Noticed I got a high drop chance on keys from event chests or small chamber end chests. So it’s worth running with the event people.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I wonder why ANet has yet to reduce the PVE confusion damage to PVP levels, as they keep producing mobs that spam it left and right. The PVE variant do twice the damage of the PVP variant, and it even got reduced in WVW after initially being on par with PVE.

the tower overall is a bit like Scarlet, insanely confused. The instances are quite soloable, while the main hallways are frustrating to the point of table flipping.

Do ANet intend for us to spontaneously form patrol groups on each floor or something?

And the spore mines take the cake. I could understand knockback, i could understand heavy damage. But enough damage to strip 3/4 of my tankish engineers health, and a knockback?!

(edited by digiowl.9620)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I wonder why ANet has yet to reduce the PVE confusion damage to PVP levels, as they keep producing mobs that spam it left and right. The PVE variant do twice the damage of the PVP variant, and it even got reduced in WVW after initially being on par with PVE.

the tower overall is a bit like Scarlet, insanely confused. The instances are quite soloable, while the main hallways are frustrating to the point of table flipping.

Do ANet intend for us to spontaneously form patrol groups on each floor or something?

Probably because any player using a condition build would probably take a 50% hit to their damage. It’s not like condition damage is viewed as all that great as it and halving it certainly isn’t going to help with anything.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Nearly everything is soloable, so long as you are playing one of the ANets favored classes.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I can guarantee you I’ve roamed the entire tower alone, excepting group events. Back and forth. I also have done over 10 chambers alone.

Everything but group events is actually harder with more people. They attract more enemies, and champions spawn in chambers when there’s ore than 2.

The only thing that halts progress while solo are group events. You will have to wait for at least other 3-20 people depending on their skill to get them done.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

hi, my name is anet and i create content for heavy armor classes

if you were still playing a thief, we made sure that this patch WILL make you quit it

i did stealth/fought through part of the tower but honestly amount of conditions and speed of condi application in this tower is stupid…

Maybe your build is the problem? I had no problems soloing it as a thief. Even the vet queen wurm was no trouble.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

You know people…thes discussion is pointless.
No matter how many times someone say that he/she had no problem soloing something whit x profession, someone will post that its impossible becasue they werent able to do it, never considering possibility that it maybe because of wrong skill/utility selection(preper for the upcomeing fight) or just wrong tactics during fight, maybe they even didnt knew what attacks enemy can use or…

…they cant play well yet and need more practice and traning.

right now its like infinite loop, post “its possible” is answered whit post" its not possible" and so on…

I start to wonder if new people that post here try to understand or jsut even read previous posts.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

It’s perfectly soloable, but easier with zerg of course.
Hardest was with 2-5 players. When you are alone you can just dodge/run through the plants and make them explode after you. With few friends you need a scout ahead of you blowing the plants.

The mobs do lot of knockbacks/downs and roots/snares. So you have to have couple utility skills or trait set up so you can just pass em by, and then wait and rest up at chamber entrances.
Chambers were super easy, but that was okay for me.

Events to open the doors onward were nice idea, but they need to think about scaling them to number of people around there (ie. 200 meters radius) and just keep scaling them up if more people come to the area.