Make the wurm harder!

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Why is this only a “veteran”? Even in tower it was one of the hardest so kill and was champ sometimes. I know the veteran still has a lot hp. But strange that it is only veteran not champ. Could to more damage. Maybe this would stop people from whine all the time because it gets killed too fast – if it was champ and did instadown a few more = more rezzing needed, less dps.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

No one wants the wurm to be harder to kill; they want everyone to never kill it. There’s an achievement for “evading the Wurm Queen’s shockwaves by jumping over them”. If you were wondering why instead of attacking it everyone was hopping up and down in front of it like a big carpet of spaz, well, that’s the reason.

So far, I’ve seen a few people get the achievement, but no one’s been able to articulate how beyond “constantly hop up and down like a spaz”. I haven’t even been able to identify the “shockwave” I’m supposed to jump over.

This is why, when you kill the wurm, everyone loudly hates you; you’ve just costed them another thirty minute respawn timer and still no one has any idea what they’re supposed to be doing. Making the queen hard enough to actually kill people would really only exacerbate this situation.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Well, if it was a champion it would take longer to kill, thus more time to get credit for shockwave jumping. Simple. It could have more health, but the damage it does is quite right.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

It’s a veteran because it fell out of a kitten ed exploding tower, if that doesn’t shave a few levels off I have no idea what will.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Golden Monkey.6137

Golden Monkey.6137

How can you have no idea what to do? Seems pretty straight forward, unless you have a giant mass of players spamming the area then I could understand why visually you can’t see the shockwave when the wurm slams the ground.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

That’s pretty much it, GM—it’s tricky to see the wave to time your jump right.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Most of the people randomly press jump. Or just stay on top of the wurm and spam press jump button. I got 2 credit the first time. 2nd time when I joined when he was nearly dead I also got 1. Probably finishing this today and hopefully manage to be there at start of another event to get the last 2.

I only found it strange that spider queen(she also fell out of exploding tower and could be veteran only) is champions when the other achievement there is much easier(still people whine when 1-2 events are enough to kill all cocoons).

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

She does scale up to Champion status now, apparently.

Also, the easiest way to get the shockwave achievement is to stand right in front of the Wurm, then start jumping when you see her raise her head for the slam. This will give you at least 1 shockwave credit each time. I got all 5 of mine in a single event this way.

Try and get everybody to stand in the same side of the Wurm too. This increases the chances of all shockwaves coming in the same direction. Players who already have the achievement should stand further back so the Wurm doesn’t spit poison right at her feet (makes it easier for the guys in front to survive).

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The pure stupidity of the so called achievements never fail to amaze me. Jump over some shockwave that you cannot see and is so small that if you dont get lucky you wont get it. nice.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I got the achievement easily on an overflow with ~5 other people (more showed up later, but I’d already completed the achievement at that point). All you do is wait for the wurm to start the shockwave attack animation (once you see it and know what it looks like, it’s easy to recognise) – then see it shoot out the shockwave “projectile” and then you jump over it. It looks like wind or something rushing along the ground spraying dust. It is pretty large and easy to see. You just jump over it. I got the achievement very quickly in one spawn of the wurm by doing that.

I did it pretty far away from the wurm. For me it was easier because then I could see the projectile heading toward me and time my jump to hop over it.

It’s probably harder to do on a full map with tons of people in the way running around and spamming particle effects.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I’ve done this event several times now and still have zero count for shockwave jumping. I’ve tried spamming jump, i’ve tried keeping my distance and jumping, i guess next i’ll try standing on top of it and spamming jump whilst hoping not to die to poison. Most people who have done the event also report zero count for jumping. Yesterday I gave up in disgust and did the un-bugged toxic alchemist achieve instead.

Perhaps i’ll have to give up completely on this achievement- i’m not willing to camp this event when previous efforts have a cumulative total of 0.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

I have an idea. After spawning, for the first 5 minutes the Wurm could be a “green” Champion that constantly makes shockwaves. Afterwards it would then turn “red”, without slamming the ground anymore. Also, maybe this should be a Group Event, like the one that was inside the Tower.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

@Funky – did you actually see the projectiles and jump over them ? People who just spam jump could easily not actually be jumping over any of them.

I found this screenshot that someone took where you can see what they look like : http://i.imgur.com/uGvBZno.jpg . You have to jump right when they’re getting near you and jump over them.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

so many people ranting in game over this thing. the attack is telegraphed and easy to jump over if you pay attention and don’t listen to the guys telling you to spam jump. you can get it done easily in one-two tried provided people aren’t all over the place or you’re bad.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I got it over 3 tries. I did know the telegraph for the shockwave (and got hit by it a couple of times) but it really did not seem to reliably count the times when it was correctly jumped. It’s quite possible i was jumping too early.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: CursedPanther.7851

CursedPanther.7851

I needed 3 spawns of the wurm to complete the jump achievement. The shockwaves don’t usually hit where you stand is kinda annoying.

I still haven’t pinpointed the exact moment for jumping. I think you need to be at your full height of your jump when the shockwave passes right underneath you.

Make the wurm harder!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

Easiest way to get achievement is to guest to lowest population server. I did mine in Fergusson’s Crossing since it was near impossible with the amount of people on JQ.