Most horribly designed

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Thing I’ve ever seen in a game. It’s actually making me physically ill trying to play it on my pathetically weak Thief. I think I’m about ready to move on.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Thing I’ve ever seen in a game. It’s actually making me physically ill trying to play it on my pathetically weak Thief. I think I’m about ready to move on.

Can I have your stuff?

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

hello, thief is one of the better classes to solo trash mobs

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I know it can seem overwhelming due to the high number of mobs and veterans, but it is by no means impossible to solo walk through, and thieves are squishy, not weak. There is a difference.

Try using caltrops with signet of malice and pistol whip… never die. Or just put points in shadow arts and stealth whenever you need healing/condition cleanse. EZPZ.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Ez content = bad

moderate content = boring

hard content = elitistic

my opinion = most of the community thinks

i dont like it = bad design, fire someone

<3 this community

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Ez content = bad

moderate content = boring

hard content = elitistic

my opinion = most of the community thinks

i dont like it = bad design, fire someone

<3 this community

I know right? isnt annoying?

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Einlanzer.1627

I finally finished it, but it wasn’t fun in the slightest, just frustrating. I don’t know what my problem is if everyone else think it’s okay. I really don’t think I’m at all bad at the game. I do feel like kitten and that may be part of the problem.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

It’s not just you. The third floor especially is an exercise in frustration. Earlier I was in a huge zerg with like 50 people and even there a lot of people went down multiple times. I just watched a smaller group get completely wiped out.

A lot of folks are going to “one and done” this tower because it’s just aggravating. The final boss fight was less difficult and annoying than getting to it.

The “overflow” system makes this even worse. The instance I’m in right now is a ghost town.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Anatolious.8539

Anatolious.8539

I didn’t think it was fun, I did it once and I am never going back into that kittenhole again. Its just a long annoying grind to get to the top of filled with their favorite 1shot mechanics that go off enough that its a pain in the kitten to rez other players. Go in a zerg and even though everyone rezzes half of the players give up since its so slow and messy.

They should have made the actual tower crawl have interesting mechanics instead of filling it with too many veterans and 1 shot exploding plants.

See you guys in 2 weeks, hopefully the game will be worth playing by then.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I guess this is just a classic example of how you cannot please everyone. I thought this was one of the better living story segments they have ever created.

Fighting your way to the top of the tower can get boring… but if that is the case then just run past the mobs to the next floor… if I can do it on my necro(that has no vigor) and in an overflow server, then so can you!

The only part of this update I find disappointing is the end… you learn nothing new. But it still leaves you with a little sense of accomplishment.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I guess this is just a classic example of how you cannot please everyone. I thought this was one of the better living story segments they have ever created.

Fighting your way to the top of the tower can get boring… but if that is the case then just run past the mobs to the next floor… if I can do it on my necro(that has no vigor) and in an overflow server, then so can you!

The only part of this update I find disappointing is the end… you learn nothing new. But it still leaves you with a little sense of accomplishment.

That is also a great way to screw over anyone you run pass.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I got 6/10 achievements on my thief in an hour. It’s not hard.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mourtal.7941

Mourtal.7941

But you see, that’s part of the problem. I try to methodically and carefully make my way up the tower, clearing out the mobs as I go. The someone goes running by with this enormous train, and my Illusionary Warden clips a few as they go flying by, and then they all come barreling down on me… meanwhile Mr. “I just ran by everything LOL” makes it to the top, and then I have to revive back at the bottom (because face it, hardly anyone is rezzing other people in this), pay my repair fee, then pay my 5s to go back to the 3rd floor to try it again.

I’m not a hardcore player. Been playing MMO’s since vanilla Everquest in 1999, so I get it. For a game that has so gleefully satiated my casual play urges, and has given me something to accomplish each game update, this event is terrible.

I did end up getting to the top, killed the final boss, and got 6 of the achievements, but I will never go back. You pretty much have to find the next zerg rush and pray to Dwayna that you don’t get left behind because you are a slow-running mesmer. The individual chambers and final boss areas are fine for decent solo play, but getting there is awful.

This event results in people on their worst gaming behavior. Even Crushbone D’Vinn train creators weren’t this inconsiderate.

This is not an attack on Stx.4857, and I apologize if it is seen as such. I was just using his comment as an example of what I perceive to be a flaw in this event design.

<<Edited to include disclaimer and apology to Stx.4857>>

(edited by Mourtal.7941)

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Einlanzer.1627

I got 6/10 achievements on my thief in an hour. It’s not hard.

Well I guess we just all can’t be so amazing. I just saw my brain I rolled my eyes so hard.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I ran it with a bunch from my guild and multiple people were saying they thought it was the best LS update so far.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

well, gotta say, I hate the overflow for this. Nobody is organized. All we need is to go up in a group of 4 or 5, don’t need more than that. But everyone is in such a rush that it’s impossible to go as a group, and then once you get to the third level everyone dies.

Is this tower only here for two weeks? I can’t imagine anyone doing this once the zergs go away.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I waited for the next commander train for each level. If there’s no commander train… log out and go to character select and hope you get in an overflow with many trains.

Personally I thought it was fun, but going through 3rd level solo is very hard since almost every mob there is an elite or veteran

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Uhh, thieves have more than enough stealth to get past mobs.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

The only parts I worry is when you have a group event that blocks progression. The rest is like a TA run. Use your class tricks to run past mobs like invulnerabilities, blocks, heals, stealth, evades, stability, swiftness and the rest.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

I am 33 years old, with arthritis, butter fingers and I play an engineer.
I still beat boss.

Now what does that say about the younger folks playing?

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I finally finished it, but it wasn’t fun in the slightest, just frustrating. I don’t know what my problem is if everyone else think it’s okay. I really don’t think I’m at all bad at the game. I do feel like kitten and that may be part of the problem.

I have to agree with this. The instances are soloable, and getting to them would be except for the lone Forrest Gump dragging two elites and a stack of trash on top of someone playing with tactics. Then the toxic chests in instance contained Wal-Mart fare.

I can see where creeping up the tower and into the instances (at least, if my assumption of how the play was intended is correct) would actually be a fun balance of stress, sorta-relief, and reward; but the design creates false obstacles (Run, Forrest! RUN!), sorta relief, and a complete letdown.

And then there’s Scarlett in the background – but there have been volumes written about what’s wrong with her.

The potential of this part of the LS was there, but was totally lost in execution.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

You can try running past the mobs but eventually they will do enough damage to kill you anyways.

That’s at least what keeps me from being able to move any higher than the first floor.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

No zerg to hide behind which is the usual gameplay style in GW2, 20 deaths with repairs mainly due to some lone guy running past with a train of mobs and 20 waypoint return costs and that’s it for me. Game is uninstalled and completely removed for good. This content was the final nail in a coffin that should have been nailed shut months ago (but I kept giving it a chance). The absolute worst game design I have experienced in what really is an average game at best anyway while I wait for another MMO. Kiss my kitten ArenaNet.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

I really love the tower design myself. With a skilled group of people it’s not that hard. But it can get frustrating near the end.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Einlanzer.1627

I think the problem is that success and fun factor are way too uncontrolled. The people who think the tower is fine are people that really just got lucky with how the flow was running on their particular server/instance, while the people having a hard time were unlucky in that regard.

I had a similar experience to the above post – where getting anywhere was nigh impossible because of all the kamikaze runners and total lack of coordination between anybody, the ease of losing zergs due to being caught up in fights that everyone else got by, and all the one-shotting and constant conditions, and I don’t even have a glass spec. It was truly a ridiculous experience. One problem was I was trying to use the Antitoxin Spray because I assumed it would work well in the tower because of the toxin/condition overload, but it was significantly weaker than my other healing skills – I started having a little better luck when I switched back. I had to SoM/PW tank the champ fight and still had a pretty tough time. No idea how I would have done it otherwise.

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So I went through the Tower last night. Rolled with a group of about 8-10. Went down a few times. Got rezzed every time. I did some rezzing. Have to be situationally aware. Bring heals and condition cleanses. I only made 1 adjustment to my utilities, otherwise stayed in my dungeon HGH/FT build and it worked fine.

I think this content is challenging, which is good. Stick with the group and you’ll be fine. Don’t expect zerker to win this one for you.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Most horribly designed

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So I went through the Tower last night. Rolled with a group of about 8-10. Went down a few times. Got rezzed every time. I did some rezzing. Have to be situationally aware. Bring heals and condition cleanses. I only made 1 adjustment to my utilities, otherwise stayed in my dungeon HGH/FT build and it worked fine.

I think this content is challenging, which is good. Stick with the group and you’ll be fine. Don’t expect zerker to win this one for you.

Quite difficult sometimes. I was with a group and we were giong well. Then we all decided to stop and go into the instanced portions. When I came out, I was alone. I hung out at the instance for about 10 minutes and only saw one other person. We decided to give it a go…only to meet a wall with two vets and 8 mobs. My buddy went down quick, I went down a minute or two later.

Guess we should have waited another 20 minutes.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.