No pristine toxic spore gathering node?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

I’m very surprised the end reward for this living story was not a home instance gathering node for this item. The prices for it are already through the roof as the things you can craft with them are fairly useful, I can’t imagine what’s going to happen once the event ends and supply dries up completely.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

this would be quite nice indeed. The previous nodes are rather meaningless for me (candy corn being a nice touch, but nothing really “I need tons of that even after Halloween”, and I have no use for celestial stats either). I do wonder how will I craft those consumables (and get rid of the bloodstone dust) after my stack of spores runs out

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

There’s still some Scarlet LS to go so we might see something later.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The spores (both the event ones and the random harvest spots) are probably going to be permanent in Kessex for the forseeable future. They bothered with updating the environment, heart quests, ect, which I doubt they would have done if they’re going to remove everything right away.

So the supply probably won’t completely dry up any time soon. Thus a home instance harvest node is unnecessary.

That said, the spores are FAR too hard to get from events and random harvests. Each of those gives you one spore most of the time, or maybe 2-3 if you’re incredibly lucky and get a double or triple harvest.

Even redoing the story instance only gets you 5 spores in 7-8 minutes, which isn’t all that spectacular but is probably still the best way to gather them at the moment (though that probably WILL be removed after the event ends).

They need to increase the drop rate on them signifigantly. The stalk events should give you 2-5 spores per harvest (like they did in the tower), and the random harvest patches should most commonly give you 2-3 spores a patch as well. Also, the Toxic boss spawns should drop a harvestable spore as well (again like they did in the tower), though given the quick cooldown of those events it would probably have to be 1 spore per champ.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

^^^^ as electro said its more likely gonna be a permanent source in that zone. I get the feeling anet didn’t like how the home nodes worked out so their trying a different idea to add materials and still make people work for them rather then just log in and mine the nodes at home.

#ELEtism

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

but but… I like going for shinies on my home instance…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I expect that the Toxic Seedlings will continue to appear rarely all over the world, and thus provide a small but steady supply for future crafting needs into the future. No idea whether the Toxic Offshoot events will keep spawning, but it seems that the Toxic Alliance will probably be greatly diminished, but still maintain a presence in Kessex Hills for the foreseeable future.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’d love some toxic spores in my home instance because shinies!