Please make the Mini Toxic Hybrid tradable.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

As it is now, the mini is account bound when you get it, and since you get it at random, there’s no telling how much gold you’ll have to waste to get it.
One person could walk up to the chest and get it right away, and another person that really wants it could be wasting entire fortunes away and never get it.

At least if it’s tradable, anyone can obtain it for a manageable price.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Yes, please change that, no idea who had this “great” idea to make it account bound. Now unlucky guys can farm all event long and never get it -.-
Btw, not sure where gold is concert here, you can buy the key only once per day and the key parts are account bound, so only option is to farm key pieces all time you have…
And guys who are lucky and get the mini more than one time can do nothing with it… such a waste.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

just play the content and you’ll get keys for free.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Animaniak.5619

Animaniak.5619

I am on the same boat – please make it tradeable!
Someone can farm all day long for the keys, having no luck at the chest and other guys get more than one and can’t really do anything with it…

It would be ok if the content was permanent, but it isn’t..
So please have a look into this!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Agreed.

I’m fine with minis being available through RNG, but especially when it’s something like this where it’s only available for a limited time they really need to be tradeable.

There’s really no benefit to anyone making them account bound. People with zero interest in minis get stuck with them, people who want them get stuck without one and it doesn’t make them any more impressive to have because everyone knows it just came from a lucky ‘roll’ on the chest.

Whereas if they were tradeable people who don’t want them could sell them and get a nice bit of gold and everyone who does want them would have a ‘back-up’ option to get one. That way everyone is happy.

And if it turns out that they drop very frequently and I’ve just been very unlucky in my first 4 attempts at the chest I’d say that’s actually an even stronger argument for making them tradeable because there are few things as useless as a repeat mini – even collectors only want one of each.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Every miniature should be tradeable, not just this one.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

It’s awarded after you kill the final boss without getting into downstate (first time does not count as it unlocks achievements)

And this boss does not do a lot of damage. You can do him nakes with green weapons.

No need to farm here. Comes naturally if you do your five kills for the achievement…

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Serra.5479

Serra.5479

They mean the hybrid pet, not the krait one.

And Im totally agree with this, a limited time minipet with RNG must be tradeable, not acount bound.

in The Nightmare Within

Malediktus.9250

Used 4 keys so far, no mini or anything remotely worth the effort required to get these keys.

in The Nightmare Within

Megis.9264

It’s awarded after you kill the final boss without getting into downstate (first time does not count as it unlocks achievements)

And this boss does not do a lot of damage. You can do him nakes with green weapons.

No need to farm here. Comes naturally if you do your five kills for the achievement…

That’s the other one , the Mini Toxic Nimross.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

9 keys and still no mini…

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It’s the FIRST day people, COMON. It could be at 10%, or 5%… (heck even at 25% you might not get it after 10 keys…)

Before claiming it should be tradable so you can buy it for 100-200g+ within the first 12 hours, give it a few days. I’ve known several in game (including myself) that have gotten one already, so they don’t seem to be that rare. Instead of asking anet to once again let people throw massive amounts of golds to get stuff within under 24 hours, just be patient.

You’re basically saying “If you can’t get it in a few keys, it should be tradeable.” You have what…2 weeks? Just keep at it. You can’t just throw gold at everything

If the mini would be sellable “at a manageable price” like others have in the past, then they’re normally fairly common. If they’re actually rare, they tend to cost hundreds of gold. So, for once anet made a collectable you can’t just immediately buy, you gotta do the event and hope to get it. This isn’t the first time, nor will it be the last, that they do this.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

How have you gotten so many keys? I’m finding it incredibly hard to get keys. Rarest drop I’ve ever had to deal with.

in The Nightmare Within

Handin.4032

How have you gotten so many keys? I’m finding it incredibly hard to get keys. Rarest drop I’ve ever had to deal with.

You can be guaranteed one per day at least by trading in spores which are plentiful in the tower. The mini is an “exotic” drop so people just need to you know…give it more than 1 day before they start claiming it’s impossible to get just because they haven’t gotten it in a few loots. (If only you could get everything in this game within a few loots!)

Mesmer – FURY

in The Nightmare Within

Andrew.4506

So this ONLY drops from the tri-key chest? It has no chance at all to drop from… the monster that it resembles. Would be nice to be able to kill the hybrid mob over and over hoping for a chance rather than farm those key pieces. Key farming is god awful. Just the absolute worst.

in The Nightmare Within

LumAnth.5124

I had thought that they were given for every chamber run (color depending on chamber lvl) but I found out that was false.

I guess I was just extremely lucky for the 7 (21 total if you want specifics) other key drops (all were chamber rewards of completion) the 2 were from Dee and the freebie from Kasmeer

Sorry for the typos….

in The Nightmare Within

Handin.4032

So this ONLY drops from the tri-key chest? It has no chance at all to drop from… the monster that it resembles. Would be nice to be able to kill the hybrid mob over and over hoping for a chance rather than farm those key pieces. Key farming is god awful. Just the absolute worst.

My guess is that this was stopped to avoid people farming a fairly fast instance, which has been abused in past updates. For instance, the first halloween update they made it so some rare skins could drop from a chest in an event dungeon, and people just farmed it really fast continuously. I see this more as a counter such farming.

Like I’ve said, people are claiming it NEVER drops, but we’re only at day 1 out of at least 2 weeks. People got used to, in the past few updates, being able to quickly farm hundreds of gold in the event and then just buy anything from the event from people. You can’t do that in this LS, and its more to how it was in the beginning of the game (if my memory serves me well). So, everyone needs to just FINALLY be patient about getting mini’s or cosmetics.

Mesmer – FURY

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Like I’ve said, people are claiming it NEVER drops, but we’re only at day 1 out of at least 2 weeks. People got used to, in the past few updates, being able to quickly farm hundreds of gold in the event and then just buy anything from the event from people. You can’t do that in this LS, and its more to how it was in the beginning of the game (if my memory serves me well). So, everyone needs to just FINALLY be patient about getting mini’s or cosmetics.

It has nothing to to with being patient, it is about how it is random and making it account-bound will make it impossible for unlucky people to get it and other people will have many of this mini stuck in their bank-tab not needing them. If A-Net comes here and tells us, the chest and the keys will stay in the game, ok then fine, but I bet like every LS this will only last two weeks so making it a random account-bound drop is just a bad idea.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

I got the mini toxic hybrid from the last instance in the tower, where you fight the toxic hybrid.

in The Nightmare Within

Andrew.4506

I got the mini toxic hybrid from the last instance in the tower, where you fight the toxic hybrid.

Are you SURE it’s the hybrid and not the one you get from the achievement for beating the toxic hybrid? I think maybe you’re just mistaken.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Shuzuru.3651

Shuzuru.3651

I also get it from the hybrid toxic boss, and i only did the instance one time (so it’s not the achevement one)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

As it is now, the mini is account bound when you get it, and since you get it at random, there’s no telling how much gold you’ll have to waste to get it.
One person could walk up to the chest and get it right away, and another person that really wants it could be wasting entire fortunes away and never get it.

At least if it’s tradable, anyone can obtain it for a manageable price.

This definitely needs to be done. There is no reason a mini should be account bound (unless it easily obtainable, ie. achievement based ones/birthday one(s)). Please stop locking every frikin reward behind low RNG drop rates. ><

I played for several (at least 4) hours last night (in the Tower) and all I got was one piece. Yeah, play the content and you’ll get key pieces, only if you’re kitten lucky.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in The Nightmare Within

Megis.9264

I guess I’m lucky, this time.

I got the Mini Toxic Hybrid from a Level 3 Chamber chest.

But that doesn’t mean others will be so lucky, I know at least several people who will be quite upset if the RNG won’t grant them a favor, and they can’t even buy it from the TP from others who have been lucky.

Attachments:

in The Nightmare Within

Andrew.4506

The RNG wouldn’t even be an issue if this was permanent content. But 2 weeks is a very small window. Very small indeed.

in The Nightmare Within

skullmount.1758

The RNG wouldn’t even be an issue if this was permanent content. But 2 weeks is a very small window. Very small indeed.

It might not even be for 2 weeks, if the patch notes are true. The content is only around until the number of injections reaches a certain point.

Darkhaven server

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

They seem to make a lot of things unnecessarily account-bound or character-bound in GW2, and I’ve been trying to figure out why for the better part of a year. I don’t want to say “this game doesn’t want me to make money,” but that’s certainly how it feels sometimes.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in The Nightmare Within

Megis.9264

It might not even be for 2 weeks, if the patch notes are true. The content is only around until the number of injections reaches a certain point.

If you ask me, that bar will fill up exactly when the content is at an end. The Mad King events did the same thing, last year, before he broke through the fountain at a set time.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

“Two new Toxic Krait miniatures are on the loose! You have a chance to pick up one from Toxic Alliance foes you destroy, and the other can be earned by killing a very special enemy, hidden deep in the heart of the Tower of Nightmares.”

Just wondering if this was a misstatement by them since it seems people are only getting the hybrid from chests and that the nimross is ONLY from the achievement. They then talked about the Tri key chest and its possible rewards but said nothing about the other chests. So really they screwed up the communication here.

in The Nightmare Within

Handin.4032

I still don’t really understand the problem. I hate RNG as much as the next guy (over 200 rank chests and still no ascended!, never gotten an exotic worth more than ~1.5g, you get it….), but there isn’t a problem. There is ONE mini you AUTOMATICALLY get by doing the meta. Then there is another than is RNG. However, this isn’t different than any other update where they have done this, whether it was rare skin drops, mini’s, etc. They didn’t make Sunless items tradeable, they won’t make a mini tradable, when they’re already giving one automatically. The only reason that I see that it’s a problem now is the hybrid mini looks kitten. But, they’re still giving you one mini for free. If they allowed it all to be given out the first day, then there’d be even more people complaining how they got all the stuff day 1 and now there’s nothing to do and the update sucks, and how anet sucks, and how they need more content (from past LS updates). This at least is their (semi-bad) way of keeping people playing the content.

Also, for those who don’t know: the mini hybrid is as bad as an asura. I’m a medium build asura, and its very tips are at the height of my asura’s fro. Are they eventually going to make a mini that is bigger than asura? LOL

Mesmer – FURY

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Blueskylightdragon.4876

Blueskylightdragon.4876

I don’t know. At least ARENANET should make an additional slot just for miniature. Seriously i want my golem walks on the ground but i have to manual active it which is kind of bad. Hope Arenanet can do it. (About the topic, i seriously agree. As i don’t like this corrosive Krait i want to sell to someone else but got account bound. :‘( And i mean i don’t want to just put it in the trash.)

in The Nightmare Within

mallas.9836

I still don’t really understand the problem. I hate RNG as much as the next guy (over 200 rank chests and still no ascended!, never gotten an exotic worth more than ~1.5g, you get it….), but there isn’t a problem. There is ONE mini you AUTOMATICALLY get by doing the meta. Then there is another than is RNG. However, this isn’t different than any other update where they have done this, whether it was rare skin drops, mini’s, etc. They didn’t make Sunless items tradeable, they won’t make a mini tradable, when they’re already giving one automatically. The only reason that I see that it’s a problem now is the hybrid mini looks kitten. But, they’re still giving you one mini for free. If they allowed it all to be given out the first day, then there’d be even more people complaining how they got all the stuff day 1 and now there’s nothing to do and the update sucks, and how anet sucks, and how they need more content (from past LS updates). This at least is their (semi-bad) way of keeping people playing the content.

Also, for those who don’t know: the mini hybrid is as bad as an asura. I’m a medium build asura, and its very tips are at the height of my asura’s fro. Are they eventually going to make a mini that is bigger than asura? LOL

I don’t mind the RNG but they did make other RNG minis in events like this sellable (kasmeer, Faren, Rider, Mini Holographic knight etc).

My problem is they have mentioned 2 ways of getting it which apparently one is wrong. There is also one that isn’t mentioned. I just wish they would have been clear on how to obtain the hybrid. “Destroy enemies” seems very much like a random drop off ANYTHING toxic in there. Apparently this is not the case (unless someone has gotten it off random toxic stuff).

in The Nightmare Within

skullmount.1758

Sunless items aren’t tradeable due to them being ascended. Mini Tequatl is tradeable. RNG based items should not be account only, unless they’re ascended (which is debatable) or are from Karma stuff (like the mini priest, which I still can’t seem to get from those kitten boxes).

Darkhaven server

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

It’s the FIRST day people, COMON. It could be at 10%, or 5%… (heck even at 25% you might not get it after 10 keys…)

Before claiming it should be tradable so you can buy it for 100-200g+ within the first 12 hours, give it a few days. I’ve known several in game (including myself) that have gotten one already, so they don’t seem to be that rare. Instead of asking anet to once again let people throw massive amounts of golds to get stuff within under 24 hours, just be patient.

You’re basically saying “If you can’t get it in a few keys, it should be tradeable.” You have what…2 weeks? Just keep at it. You can’t just throw gold at everything

If the mini would be sellable “at a manageable price” like others have in the past, then they’re normally fairly common. If they’re actually rare, they tend to cost hundreds of gold. So, for once anet made a collectable you can’t just immediately buy, you gotta do the event and hope to get it. This isn’t the first time, nor will it be the last, that they do this.

The problem being is that the majority of attention span doesn’t last that long.

You tell people that they have two weeks to get keys, but watch after this weekend, the content will be deemed as ‘not rewarding’ or the people that got their items due to Our Lady of kittenty RNG will have gone off to do other stuff (See: Halloween Labyrinth).

So in reality, if you don’t get these items within the first 3 days, you’re kinda done.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in The Nightmare Within

mallas.9836

The problem being is that the majority of attention span doesn’t last that long.

You tell people that they have two weeks to get keys, but watch after this weekend, the content will be deemed as ‘not rewarding’ or the people that got their items due to Our Lady of kittenty RNG will have gone off to do other stuff (See: Halloween Labyrinth).

So in reality, if you don’t get these items within the first 3 days, you’re kinda done.

Yep. Even after the first few hours, even overflows didn’t have any zergs for the most part. 10 people isn’t the 30 that were doing it before.

For those of us that want the mini and haven’t got it after a few days, we will have to spam do the floor 3 port spot chamber (if that screenshot up there is legit). Its a little bit bad design to obtain the mini. Not having it sellable makes it worse.

in The Nightmare Within

Handin.4032

It could be too they’ll patch it later to make them tradeable to stop the sell of them within the first few hours for like 200g+…It’d be cool if they were tradeable..but it’s not that huge of a thing in the grand scheme of things. They could always patch it later, so people should just keep trying. But if you don’t try at all, and wait for anet to make it tradeable, then there’s a good chance you won’t get it at all.

Mesmer – FURY

in The Nightmare Within

mallas.9836

It could be too they’ll patch it later to make them tradeable to stop the sell of them within the first few hours for like 200g+…It’d be cool if they were tradeable..but it’s not that huge of a thing in the grand scheme of things. They could always patch it later, so people should just keep trying. But if you don’t try at all, and wait for anet to make it tradeable, then there’s a good chance you won’t get it at all.

well if people are smart they don’t buy it until the last week or few days before the content is done. So people can throw it up there for 300 g but doesn’t mean it will sell. The first Teq mini was 1700. The first to sell i think was like 6-700? It then crashed in price like all the rest. The only mini that didn’t crash overall was Kasmeer during that event. That went up.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

This is an issue we had not intended, we are working on making the Toxic Hybrid Mini tradeable. Once we fix the issue, deposit your Toxic Hybrid Mini into your collections bank and withdraw it again to reset the item and gain the ability to sell it on the Trading Post.

(edited by Autumn Frazee.3158)

in The Nightmare Within

Malediktus.9250

Thanks for the update. This makes it much better.

in The Nightmare Within

LumAnth.5124

Yeah thanks! I’m not a full blown collector but I do collect the several LS minis I like (e.g. Liadri, Ghost Carlotta, Candy Corn, Tequatl…etc)

Sorry for the typos….

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

This is a issue we had not intended, we are working on making the Toxic Hybrid Mini tradeable. Once we fix the issue, deposit your Toxic Hybrid Mini into your collections bank and withdraw it again to reset the item and gain the ability to sell it on the Trading Post.

Thank you. This is very good news. Any chance that could happen with some of the other account bound minis?

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Only if you’re lucky enough. I’m not. For example, with the aetherblade dungeon, i nearly never dropped any single keys (and i had to buy them in order to have 5), despite killing a lot of mobs everywhere and having a lot of loot.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Only if you’re lucky enough. I’m not. For example, with the aetherblade dungeon, i nearly never dropped any single keys (and i had to buy them in order to have 5), despite killing a lot of mobs everywhere and having a lot of loot.

The drop rate for these key-parts are MUCH higher than the drop-rate for the Aeather-keys.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in The Nightmare Within

Danikat.8537

This is an issue we had not intended, we are working on making the Toxic Hybrid Mini tradeable. Once we fix the issue, deposit your Toxic Hybrid Mini into your collections bank and withdraw it again to reset the item and gain the ability to sell it on the Trading Post.

Thank you! It’s good to know this wasn’t intended.

FYI this applies to all minis. There are a not insignificant number of people who collect them, and like any collection the point is to try and get all of them. If that’s impossible then a big part of the fun is gone. It can be extremely difficult, or unlikely, or time consuming or expensive, but not impossible. An account bound mini that is only obtained through RNG for a limited time is effectively impossible for a lot of people to get.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

The drop rate for these key-parts are MUCH higher than the drop-rate for the Aeather-keys.

I got far more aether keys during the aether path release then I have keyparts in this release with about the same time spent in both releases.

in The Nightmare Within

mallas.9836

so we know for sure the hybrid mini comes from the Tri box and chamber chests? I have just heard/seen one person get it out of a chamber chest. Rest of got it from the big box.

Has anyone else got one out of a chamber chest?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It’s been one day and you are complaining because you didn’t get enough keys…not everything needs to be instant gratification. I ran flame and frost dungeon 50+ times to never see the back pack, it sucked for sure. But this chest is very different you can open it as many times as you have keys. Keys are RNG but you’ll be able to open it a minimum of once a day.

“This is an issue we had not intended, we are working on making the Toxic Hybrid Mini tradeable. Once we fix the issue, deposit your Toxic Hybrid Mini into your collections bank and withdraw it again to reset the item and gain the ability to sell it on the Trading Post.”

Glad to see them cave to the masses. Now that it’s not account bound and buyable by anyone I’ll be sure to unload it when I get one.

Apologize because this sounds negative but I am not interested in owning mini’s that aren’t account bound anymore.

in The Nightmare Within

Malediktus.9250

you are funny KOPPER, I wish they would make all minis tradeable, i still have christmas 2012 duplicates I cant use for anything.

in The Nightmare Within

Danikat.8537

The problem isn’t that people don’t have it now the problem is that there was a very good chance that people might not get it at all.

It’s a rare drop, from a chest that’s only available for 2 weeks which has to be opened with a key that needs to be bought or assembled from 3 separate drops. No matter how common that “rare” drop it it’s possible someone could miss out completely.

Now it’s tradeable everyone who wants the mini has a secondary option, and one that will be available forever.

It’s much better to raise issues like this early on so they can be fixed. If people had waited 2 weeks and only started saying anything on the last day it’s much less likely it would be fixed and then everyone who missed out would be stuck.

(And personally I agree that all minis should be tradeable. That’s how it works in GW1 and it didn’t make rare or popular ones less desirable, it just meant you had other options for getting them.)

in The Nightmare Within

mallas.9836

i haven’t even seen one up yet. Someone needs to so i can stop doing this tower. Already done everything else!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

i haven’t even seen one up yet. Someone needs to so i can stop doing this tower. Already done everything else!

I think the listing is bugged. It says none are for sale when you search but when I try to list it says 2 are for sale.