Pristine Toxic Spore Farming

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: KaiserAssassin.4295

KaiserAssassin.4295

Since the Tower of Nightmares event is over now, is there any efficient way of farming the spores? Doing the toxic offshoots right now only gives me a single spore for all my troubles… and I’d really like to get all the recipes still (completionist).

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think you can complete the story instance multiple times. Each time gives you 5 Spores. (Not sure if it’s per day or per character, but I’ve done it 4 times on 4 different characters and gotten 5 Spores each time.)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I think the 5 spores is infinite for doing the Story instance. I did it three times the other day on my main in a row when doing the achievements and I swear I got 5 each time. It still takes a long time to go through the instance for just 5 spores. You may be better served farming gold and buying what you need off the TP if you need a lot.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

probably be easier to just buy w/gold.

also hey anet: why didn’t you add a node in our story instance like the candy corn one instead of just a key as reward? you should of done both.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

probably be easier to just buy w/gold.

also hey anet: why didn’t you add a node in our story instance like the candy corn one instead of just a key as reward? you should of done both.

I imagine they want to entice people to return to Kessex and gather Pristine Spores. The “home instance” nodes are materials that are entirely unavailable, not just “easier ways to get stuff elsewhere”.

Of course, once the story instance is gone farming Spores will become such a chore I doubt many will bother with it anyway, unless the price goes up high enough that it becomes “worthwhile” for people to farm and sell them. I mean, the Toxic Spore clusters usually only give you 1 Pristine Spore per patch along with 3-4 mushed samples, and though they do respawn relatively quickly, that’s still not going to get you any amount of spores any time soon.

It doesn’t seem like any of the Toxic bosses drop spores any more. The Trikey Chest does get you a few at a time, but opening that is also a huge chore since if you’re trying to get more Spores you can’t very well spend them buying keys from Dee (and she’ll probably stop selling stuff after the next patch anyway), so its pure RNG. Gotta contend with low drop rates on 3 different items just to open the chest once. And that’s assuming the chest stays permanently, which it might or might not.

I’d really like to see the harvest rate on Pristine Spores go up signifigantly from the harvest nodes. It should be common to get 2-3 per patch, not one. Heck, I’d take a much decreased respawn time (make it once per day like T6 mats even) in exchange for a high chance of getting multiple spores per patch. It’d be a little worthwhile and a lot less time consuming then, at least.