Scarlet ruins everything AGAIN

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

So, there we were waiting for tequatl to show up, a few minutes left, every turret manned and with defense teams ready when suddenly: “let the fun begin”

Scarlet begins her invasion at Sparkfly Fen and because of that tequatl fails to spawn, so there we are, the entire overflow sitting ready to battle just to have scarlet pop up, knock people back, say “screw you all” and retreat before we can damage her, meanwhile tequatl is taking a 40 min nap, really really fun.

Can we stop these events already? The invasions are long, boring and not rewarding enough, no reason to do it, no reason for it to exist.

Attachments:

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

I don’t think they can do dynamic content in this game. It’s all scripted.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

I wouldn’t mind the invasions if they were possible to complete but atm the scaling is off the charts and makes all 5 phases impossible to complete within the time limit. It is good champ farm too but I’d rather finish the event sometimes as mindless ‘111111111111111’ gets boring after a while lol

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Nice constructive criticism there, OP. “I don’t like this event, remove it!” Maybe it would be better to suggest something like removing Scarlet invasions from just Sparkfly, or better, starting them elsewhere if Teq will be up within a 10 minute window.

@Asko. I agree about scaling. Every event should scale, really. Not every one can have a large base of players doing them.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Yes, wookiee has it right. These major events should be aware of one another and not overlap if it would create any measurable problems for any event involved.

On the topic of Scarlet’s invasions…is there ever enough people bothering to get past stage 1 anymore? The last several times I’ve been in or gone to a map that was being invaded I was pretty much alone, or so it seemed. I do play off hours (for NAmerica), though. I’ve been thinking the devs should consider things on the fly for some of this stuff and modify how these events work subjectively rather than objectively just laying down procedure and ignoring the reality of the player base. But again, I’m unsure if these still work at peak hours.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

The other day I was in a map (forgot which one) and suddenly Scarlett’s minions invaded. There was no one on the map to do the event, and after 10 minutes, still no one had shown up. I jave the feeling people don’t care about the Scarlett invasion anymore which makes it impossible to do because it doesn’t seem to scale down enough for just a handful of players.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I have to agree with some of the points made on this thread, especially when it concerns scaling events.

Anet, I know it gets kind of crazy when an event scales down so far that a single skilled player can tackle an entire temple event by themself (especially Grenth or Melandru), or even take down a Dragon Event with enough time and effort (not anymore obviously with the time limits). If you had atleast 5 players then you could always tackle any event out there in the world. Thats just crazy that a big bad god-like boss gets downed by a small group of players, but, the thing about these scaling events, is that….its part of the dynamic event system, thingy….stuff…, and your entire event system was literally one of the big selling points you made about the game time and again long before release.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

On the topic of Scarlet’s invasions…is there ever enough people bothering to get past stage 1 anymore? The last several times I’ve been in or gone to a map that was being invaded I was pretty much alone, or so it seemed. I do play off hours (for NAmerica), though. I’ve been thinking the devs should consider things on the fly for some of this stuff and modify how these events work subjectively rather than objectively just laying down procedure and ignoring the reality of the player base. But again, I’m unsure if these still work at peak hours.

There are people doing the invasions, but you have to look for them. Guest to a server that is doing/does the invasions often. Since you are from NA servers, I suggest either Tarnished Coast or Jade Quarry. I always guest to those servers for invasions.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf