bravo anet great story

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

scarlet teleports away for what the 5th time now?

OMG SUCH SUSPENSE!!

Please wrap this garbage of a story up for good next patch.

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

There was story here?

Maybe they should actually sit down and come up with a clearly discernible plot before making any more plotless purposeless living story updates.

I’m sick of the LS content that comes from nothing and dissapears back into nothing.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i thought to myself, the writers must have a bloody good reason to making the xenophobic krait side with the nightmare court, but they didnt, never would they taint them selves or side with another race, even to re-incarnate a prophet, they arent stupid, the krait are a very intelligent race and theyre making it out like theyre morons being manipulated -_- way to go for obliterating gw1 lore and my favourite race ty anet

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Wait, Scarlet was there?
it felt bugged for me all the way.
I only had Kashmeer there, no dialog, aside from some Scarlet cackle and then suddenly Hybrid.

The Cutszene didn`t start till i did interact with the “rewatch-machine”

Can someone fill me in what i missed?

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

they arent stupid, the krait are a very intelligent race and theyre making it out like theyre morons being manipulated -_- way to go for obliterating gw1 lore and my favourite race ty anet

LOL!

Their whole entire race is being constantly manipulated by their corrupt power hungry priesthood. It wouldn’t be all that shocking if Scarlet made a deal with them, and they changed their holy “script” to make the rest of the Krait fall in line. Since the Krait are raised to be religious fanatics, and to never question their holy “script”; that’s all it would take to get them on their side.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

RedCobra.7693

they arent stupid, the krait are a very intelligent race and theyre making it out like theyre morons being manipulated -_- way to go for obliterating gw1 lore and my favourite race ty anet

LOL!

Their whole entire race is being constantly manipulated by their corrupt power hungry priesthood. It wouldn’t be all that shocking if Scarlet made a deal with them, and they changed their holy “script” to make the rest of the Krait fall in line. Since the Krait are raised to be religious fanatics, and to never question their holy “script”; that’s all it would take to get them on their side.

they have a long history of cutting their nose off to spite their face, i predicted that some mesmer had brainwashed them, but it is literally impossible following original lore for them to do it out of their own free will, Unless they’re stating with this LS that theyre becoming less sure of their religion and have become to be desperate due to the oral nature of their religion

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

i thought to myself, the writers must have a bloody good reason to making the xenophobic krait side with the nightmare court, but they didnt, never would they taint them selves or side with another race, even to re-incarnate a prophet, they arent stupid, the krait are a very intelligent race and theyre making it out like theyre morons being manipulated -_- way to go for obliterating gw1 lore and my favourite race ty anet

I would imagine the Krait would side with the Nightmare Court for that. They’ve been waiting for their prophet to return for goodness knows how long, and I’m sure a lot of them wouldve started to doubt if their prophet was even real.

So after being beaten and relegated to whats pretty much a lesser race, if someone comes along and gives them a very conceivable possibility that they can bring their prophet back, they probably would take the bait.

What’s interesting though is that they really thought their prophet has returned and they’ll finally rule supreme under him. And then you cane along and shatterered their hopes and killed their ‘prophet’ in front of their eyes. Wonder how they’re going to react to that. Angry? Or just deem that prophet as false?

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I didn’t like how we all just stood there and watched her walk away. Why did we do that?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

Because the plot demands it.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I didn’t like how we all just stood there and watched her walk away. Why did we do that?

Was that her? All 3 times i did that instance last night, it didn’t look anything like her. It looks more like Mai Trin or some other Aetherblade.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Was that her? All 3 times i did that instance last night, it didn’t look anything like her. It looks more like Mai Trin or some other Aetherblade.

Perhaps Scarlet is evolving, too. Maybe that’s why she’s suddenly wearing a hood.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

OMG SUCH SUSPENSE!!

I agree, superb character development. Perhaps she will giggle more next time.

Hopefully this was their way of writing her out and we never see her again and whatever dev is responsible for her and insisting she is a good character that people like is just being lied to with these promises of her coming back at some point.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I actually felt insulted by the end cinematic. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! gasp! Why, I never would’ve guessed! The entire Living story plotline consists of Scarlet twirling her moustache at us and saying “I’ll be back next time to tie the girl to the railroad track!”

The fact that we even see her slowly walking away in a cutscene without even so much as trying to stop her is almost like a parody towards all the badly written game/movie villainy clichés, but I’m afraid ANet is actually going for serious here. (Not to mention the end of the cinematic where they want her to be menacing but she just looks constipated. )

If it were a parody, it would be good. If it’s actually meant to be taken seriously, well… it’s not good.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Dr Ritter.1327

OMG SUCH SUSPENSE!!

I agree, superb character development. Perhaps she will giggle more next time.

Hopefully this was their way of writing her out and we never see her again and whatever dev is responsible for her and insisting she is a good character that people like is just being lied to with these promises of her coming back at some point.

“skin burney time :^)”

The Paragon
#beastgate

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Perhaps Scarlet is evolving, too. Maybe that’s why she’s suddenly wearing a hood.

She wore a hood the very first time we saw her which was in the Queen’s Pavilion. But she was called ‘’Mysterious Figure’’ or something in those lines back then.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

She wore a hood the very first time we saw her which was in the Queen’s Pavilion. But she was called ‘’Mysterious Figure’’ or something in those lines back then.

The hood looked like black hair to me…. /fail

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

scarlets gone for a little while now so give us dragons or elder dragon champions!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

the story is as lame as expected… but the content is amazing. That tower is so much fun.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Dr Ritter.1327

the story is as lame as expected… but the content is amazing. That tower is so much fun.

I beat it in under an hour and don’t even want to go back and grind the achievements for the combine helm. Another boring zergfest with no challenge in my opinion.

The Paragon
#beastgate

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I beat it in under an hour and don’t even want to go back and grind the achievements for the combine helm. Another boring zergfest with no challenge in my opinion.

I feel the same

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Mesket.5728

Zergfest?

I’ve been roaming the tower up and down alone looking for events and entering instances as I found them. The only zerg I’ve seen is the ones that can’t pass through alone and seek companionship. Zergs last minutes before they disband.

I got the mask in like 3? 4? hours… This event doesnt have much grind fest (thought the chambers get a bit repetitive but its not that bad).

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

One thing is for sure. She can’t go on for too long. There’s no armies left to make crazy alliances. And her antics are getting old very fast as players get an overdose of them that not even festival breaks can halt.

[…]

Nah. The flame legion shaman caste are the ones making up gods all the time. Krait really think their prophets are real and that they will return, even the highest rank priestesses and oratussesss.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

The plot of the living story is very, very slow.

It’s been like 3/4 of a year since Flame/Frost where we first started seeing plot directly related to Scarlett.

And since then, all the story has done is add several more pairings of unlikely groups. We’ve known who Scarlett is since summer and still don’t know what she’s doing or why.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m genuinely interested in this overall story. But if it takes a year to tell, then I have to question why I’m investing my time into it. Every release I’m hoping for some significant plot advancement. We really haven’t gotten that since the Jubilee.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Spoiler i guess:

“Hi, i’m scarlet, let me talk about all of what i have done until now for 5 minutes, while being alone, undefended and surrounded by 3 (or more) people.

Well, seems i’m done here now. I’m going to walk like a slug to the portal you see right there, surely you won’t arrest me or attempt anything to stop my perfect escape plan… Almost there, i’m close to the portal, i’m going to go inside aaaaaaaaaaany second now."

Terrible, please let her die. I almost feel sad for her, my character obviously doesn’t even give a kitten about her existence nor consider her a threat.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

RedCobra.7693

Spoiler i guess:

“Hi, i’m scarlet, let me talk about all of what i have done until now for 5 minutes, while being alone, undefended and surrounded by 3 (or more) people.

Well, seems i’m done here now. I’m going to walk like a slug to the portal you see right there, surely you won’t arrest me or attempt anything to stop my perfect escape plan… Almost there, i’m close to the portal, i’m going to go inside aaaaaaaaaaany second now."

Terrible, please let her die. I almost feel sad for her, my character obviously doesn’t even give a kitten about her existence nor consider her a threat.

lmao i was thinking the same thing, on one is caring about the portals or anything xD

poor scarlet just wants our attention, the “personal” atempts at hurting us, the gift in the mail, which i discarded xD

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Funny thing is, the krait in the final instance has pretty terrible and strange voiceacting. It sounds funny, not anything I’d expect from serpent race (considering their names like Nymphassa I can say that it was either making fun or just big mistake in voiceover. No lenght of “ssss”, not anything).

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

Scarlet is growing on me, mostly because she’s wicked hawt in that cutscene.

She’s an impossibly awesome character who’s motivation for anything can always cop-out to “because she’s insane.” But she serves her purpose driving the gameplay. I never expected her to be anything terribly interesting.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Honestly, the story for this LS patch was very good. A lot of story added into this one, if you take the time to read it.

Anet, this LS patch was amazing, compared to past ones. I love running in that tower, and doing the nightmare chambers with my various characters. I hope you can keep it up, and maybe improve on it.

I actually am starting to understand the story somewhat, but I would really like to get some more backstory on Scarlet, and would like to know why she is doing this, and what is her endgame.

At the moment, I am just comparing her to a Sylvari version of The Joker. Seems she just likes to cause chaos for chaos’ sake.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: GrimHero.5140

GrimHero.5140

Scarlet is growing on me, mostly because she’s wicked hawt in that cutscene.

She’s an impossibly awesome character who’s motivation for anything can always cop-out to “because she’s insane.” But she serves her purpose driving the gameplay. I never expected her to be anything terribly interesting.

Wait wut…?

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

OMG SUCH SUSPENSE!!

Nope, they are going to keep hammering on us with Scarlet until we admit she is amazing.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I actually am starting to understand the story somewhat, but I would really like to get some more backstory on Scarlet, and would like to know why she is doing this, and what is her endgame.

What story?
She’s bad and crazy, so she manipulated two races of villains to build a tower in order to… do what exactly? Nothing.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Andrew Clear.1750

What story?
She’s bad and crazy, so she manipulated two races of villains to build a tower in order to… do what exactly? Nothing.

She is playing with us, like the Joker plays with his prey.

Listen to how she is always making stupid comments in the chambers, that is something the Joker would do.

Story wise, she created toxins that cause us to hallucinate. She found a way to create some weird krait monster. She found a way to get the Krait and Nightmare court to work together.

Yep, she built another alliance. This living story is supposed to unfold throughout the months. I am pretty sure the alliances are almost done, and we are gonna start seeing the endgame soon.

The image for the next patch shows some of the tower along with some kind of Asuran technology. Doubt there is an alliance there, so lets see what is gonna be up.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Thee Whitey.5476

Thee Whitey.5476

Nope, they are going to keep hammering on us with Scarlet until we admit she is amazing.

SCARLET IS AMAZING! Can i have my expansion now???

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Andrew Clear.1750

Why ask for an expansion, when you are getting all this content for free? Sure it isn’t permanent, but you blow through it as fast as you would expansion content.

Permanent content will find its way in, and they will probably add some more areas (like the crystal desert, etc) as time goes on. They said they aren’t gonna add any new professions for awhile, nor any new weapons. They did say they might make more weapons playable for each professions.

Maybe they might add a new playable race in the future. They do add dungeons during the living story.

What would an expansion really offer, other than a way for NC Soft to make more money from a box?

I think you need to give the living story a fair shake, and quit crying every 2 seconds about it. They are getting better over time, while still tweaking and adding to the rest of the game. Let the story play out. Do you cry every week during a mystery tv show, because you want to know what is going on? Then the villain is introduced, with little back story, and then you do what? Cry some more?

Let the story play out.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Dr Ritter.1327

Why ask for an expansion, when you are getting all this content for free? Sure it isn’t permanent, but you blow through it as fast as you would expansion content.

Permanent content will find its way in, and they will probably add some more areas (like the crystal desert, etc) as time goes on. They said they aren’t gonna add any new professions for awhile, nor any new weapons. They did say they might make more weapons playable for each professions.

Maybe they might add a new playable race in the future. They do add dungeons during the living story.

What would an expansion really offer, other than a way for NC Soft to make more money from a box?

I think you need to give the living story a fair shake, and quit crying every 2 seconds about it. They are getting better over time, while still tweaking and adding to the rest of the game. Let the story play out. Do you cry every week during a mystery tv show, because you want to know what is going on? Then the villain is introduced, with little back story, and then you do what? Cry some more?

Let the story play out.

I gave them a chance this whole year. Expansion works better.

The Paragon
#beastgate

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Mesket.5728

I would pay to get her removed from the game and let the story of Tyria continue.-

If she IS the new story of Tyria… then I’m finally understanding the harm done. God she is evil… she ruined a game.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Having a hard time even forcing myself to do it once. Just don’t give a kitten for yet another lame kitten finish, for yet another stupid skin. Just threw out the Mad Kings masks from this year, 3 of them, and finally got round to tossing out the Dragon Bash helm box, unopened too.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

RedCobra.7693

its so obvious that she isnt the main villian, its the typical case of where she thinks she is but there’s some greater force behind it, not only that i think i understand where the living story is going and so far ive been right but i didnt expect this intro (yeah thats the phase its still in) to take half a year, quite interesting but it’ll make that big event all the better

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Let the story play out.

What exactly would an expansion have? DE that nobody seems to care except leveling? More landmass that nobody will bother dealing with after the initial hype wears off? More levels? because a lot of people don’t seem to enjoy and will probably rage quit and whine about how Arenanet broke their promise.

In any case, the LS is no worst than an expansion. An expansion only adds useless stuff that will only be used for a few weeks and be discarded then almost immediate player will start whining about a new expansion. An expansion isn’t going to benefit the game much because al it does is shift the player base to a new location just like the LS does, but expansion cost more to make and overrall weakens the base game.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Dr Ritter.1327

Let the story play out.

What exactly would an expansion have? DE that nobody seems to care except leveling? More landmass that nobody will bother dealing with after the initial hype wears off? More levels? because a lot of people don’t seem to enjoy and will probably rage quit and whine about how Arenanet broke their promise.

In any case, the LS is no worst than an expansion. An expansion only adds useless stuff that will only be used for a few weeks and be discarded then almost immediate player will start whining about a new expansion. An expansion isn’t going to benefit the game much because al it does is shift the player base to a new location just like the LS does, but expansion cost more to make and overrall weakens the base game.

Guild Halls
Alliances
New Dungeons
New Armor (that ISNT from the gem store)
New Weapons (skins and types)
New Races
New Professions
New PvP gametypes (wheres my jade quarry)
Interesting lore (DRAGONS)
New mechanics (nightfall added in heroes, single hand biggest change to the entire game)
etc etc

and the most important of them all is that it is permanent and repeatable. Can i run through the flame and frost story again on a new character? No
Can i do the aetherblade instance again to refresh my memory? no
Expansion lets me choose when i want to and how fast i want to play, not force me to do these dumb achievements in a week to get the useless reward.

The Paragon
#beastgate

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Most of scarlet saga will be turned in to a fotm path most likely which will allow past events to be repeated. Sill looking forward to see how new paths are worked in there.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Thee Whitey.5476

Thee Whitey.5476

Let the story play out.

Are you joking? The living story content has become something you can literally grind out in a matter of hours, then never look at it for 2 weeks. I understand both sides of the argument here but an expansion would definitely breath some fresh air into the game rather than somewhat pointless, grindy, Scarlet filled shenanigans. I honestly wouldn’t complain about how lame the living story has gotten if they would actually progress the story more and actually give 2 weeks of content, along with another zone to explore every now and again. If anything, wrap up the Scarlet storyline or find a way to tie it into the elder dragons, which are still very much alive. Is that really too much to ask?

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Scarlet is not the Joker, not even close. The Joker is actually threatening – even when he seems helpless, it could turn out that he’s got the place rigged to blow, and you know he’s willing to go through with it. He sows as much chaos as possible and loves to mess with (and corrupt) people’s minds.

He’s very intelligent, but we know this because we SEE that his plans are very well thought through, not simply because we’re told so. He can get people to work to his own ends because he knows how to manipulate them, we’re not just told that he’s really charismatic.

Scarlet’s accomplishments and abilities are inconsistent with those of the rest of the world. She’s able to surpass top experts in multiple professions and fields of study, and we’re given no explanation for this other than that she’s really intelligent. She forms all these unlikely alliances, and we’re given poor explanations, if any, as to how she accomplished this.

Also, that divination device from “What Scarlet Saw” SHOULD BE CONSULTED REGULARLY, WHY HAVE WE NOT HEARD ANYTHING MORE ABOUT IT?!
I’d say the ability to view past, present, and future events is a pretty big deal. Of course, magical barriers could be erected to prevent remote viewing of that sort, but apparently no one has ever been able to see as much as this device allows, so it’s something that should at least be mentioned.

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I think that unless there’s a twist all the way back to a core GW side plot, the living story will only get worse.

It doesn’t have to be something directly related to dragons.

For example, we know mursaat have used people as “hosts” before. At least Lazarus the Dire placed ‘aspects’ of himself in several white mantle to help restore himself if killed.

I always suspected that’s how they come back to Tyria from that plane of theirs, by ‘possessing’ physical inhabitants, and why they took D’Alessio, to use him as a host for one of his leaders.

If it’s revealed that Ceara becoming “Scarlet Briar” was the result of mursaat posession, and that all these experiments and antics were caused by the mursaat pushing her to do all of that without her even realizing. Ending up with ways to open a portals to the mursaat plane and make countless artificial host bodies for them, .
Then it’ll be a nice twist, if scarlet suddenly gets serious and starts feeling pain, and finally realizes what’s really happening, and looks at the players and says “run” with the most serious face filled with regret that anyone can ever imagine, just before she ‘breaks’ like cocoon as a mursaat reveals himself popping like a moth, as those wing-like branchia sprout out of Scarlet’s back, and just as the mursaat is adapting to the new body, a portal opens behind him and the mursaat calmy walks past it, just as mursaat minions swarm out of the portal in a group event, and once successfully completed players can cross the portal to find a new area added north of Brisban, with a dungeon and all, in which a battle against the returned mursaat army happens.

But unless it’s something of that degree of GW-ness… I don’t think the personal story will get anywhere good that I can enjoy.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

bravo anet great story

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

OMG SUCH SUSPENSE!!

Team Rocket is blasting off again.

Every episode must have it.