Inquest Light - Nude

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

I really like the warrioresque look of it on my mesmer but there’s one thing that bugs me.
The coat shows more boob than I’d like to see.
C’mon arenanet, you can see the tanlines. Even the swimsuit is covering more skin.
It is one of the few light armors that make you look like a fighter rather than a dress-up doll, except for that front part. I tried to replace it with anything in the warderobe but anything else just did not fit with the skirt.
Please Anet, do something about it. I play a duelist, not a stripper.

Attachments:

(edited by sleight.9638)

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Ah, but as a duelist you would want to use every advantage against your opponent. Distraction is a subtle weapon.

This said, I agree (partially). That particular armour piece is … impractical.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

This is one of my favourite armor pieces, mainly because i find it really feminine. I don’t think it shows too much, though compared to most of the other armors in game, it does, i guess. Maybe i’m just used to much more revealing armors from other games…. anyway, i really like your suggestion, too, it looks cool enough that i can’t decide which i would like more

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

My issue with it is less that it shows skin, and more that there is nothing keeping those flaps from flaying around and getting in your way.

I favor your suggestion. It reminds me of my favorite armor from GW1 as far as the top goes.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Monk_Kurzick_armor_f.jpg

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Well, if we want to point out showing off a bit too much, how about the flame legion pants on heavy male norn.
That’s a trail of happiness that goes waaaaay down… Not to say I don’t love it, I do, and god do I hope it stays there.

But ya know. Happens.

Attachments:

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

I like the chest piece as it is, more ventilation! And Norn warrior women like to show off the “warheads”.

TC

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: SunRoamer.5103

SunRoamer.5103

I’ve always thought that this chest piece looked somewhat ridiculous (on any race, really).
I don’t mind sexy, or showing skin, but this just looks somewhat silly. Considering how open it is in the front, I also find it really weird that it seems almost glued to the body.

On a different note, if you want a warrior-esque look, how about the Sorrow’s Furnace chest piece? It almost looks like heavy armour.

And totally unrelated, but everytime I look at the picture you posted… I think your norn lady has a beard. The tattoo on her chin is almost the same colour as her hair, so it would fit, and I end up being somewhat confused everytime!

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

C’mon arenanet, you can see the tanlines. Even the swimsuit is covering more skin.

Exaggeration much?

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

I like the chest piece as it is, more ventilation! And Norn warrior women like to show off the “warheads”.

Because Shiverpeaks has the same climate as Southsun Cove?

Exaggeration much?

Nope not at all. Take a closer look. You can actually see the tan marks where a bra should be.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

On a different note, if you want a warrior-esque look, how about the Sorrow’s Furnace chest piece? It almost looks like heavy armour.

I tried that out but there is unfortunately some gap between the armor and the skirt if you combine it with the inquest one. I’m too much in love with those compass signs on it to replace it with the dredge lower piece.
Though yea I agree that it looks more like a warrior but as you said it also looks more like heavy. I like inquest because it is still on the light side.

When they don’t change anything about the inquest upper part though, then I’m going to switch to that skin, since I already got myself more bunker looking shoulder pieces (had Svanir b4).

ps: cannot unsee the beard xD

(edited by sleight.9638)

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I’m not a huge fan of starched leather or cloth (it must be to not have straps or lacing :P) but I think it’s a mistake to assume norn has a problem showing skin. I am totally for variety, but the Norn race just doesn’t freeze like a human does, that’s why you see so much variety in what is worn in Hoelbrak and by norns…

Their culture has a fair amount of bravado in how legends are born, how warriors should behave, etc. It’s no wonder their dress is sometimes not 100% practical, since it can be a part of an image over being purely practical. Then again this is common in the other races in GW2 as well. For example human seraphs with way too much plate on them to make good ground combatants.

Aaaaanyway they should really add some connection between the front halves there, at least. I really liked your example, actually!

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Kalavier.1097

Because Shiverpeaks has the same climate as Southsun Cove?

Exaggeration much?

Nope not at all. Take a closer look. You can actually see the tan marks where a bra should be.

Actually, Norn do very well in cold climates. They generate LOTS of body heat, so they can basically walk about the town in a pair of pants and not be affected.

Also I was talking about the “The swimsuits cover more skin” part :P.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

Actually, Norn do very well in cold climates. They generate LOTS of body heat, so they can basically walk about the town in a pair of pants and not be affected.

Lots of Norn armors also have some kind of fur involved to keep the warmth. Metal parts are somewhat thermoconductive, which the inquest armor has quite a bit of + some rather thin cloth.

With the swimsuit i was referring to the booby part though.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Anmida.4058

Lots of Norn armors also have some kind of fur involved to keep the warmth. Metal parts are somewhat thermoconductive, which the inquest armor has quite a bit of + some rather thin cloth.

With the swimsuit i was referring to the booby part though.

Actually, no. They wear furs purposedly and solely to honor the spirits. This is stated by several NPCs, including the female norn as close as right outside the asura gate in Hoelbrak; Norn do not feel the Shiverpeaks cold, and find no necessity for the warmth pelts or fur may provide. It is merely a spiritual factor, and it is safe to assume if this wasn’t a PG 13 game there would be random norn walking in their, eh, natural selves around.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

Actually, no. They wear furs purposedly and solely to honor the spirits. This is stated by several NPCs, including the female norn as close as right outside the asura gate in Hoelbrak; Norn do not feel the Shiverpeaks cold, and find no necessity for the warmth pelts or fur may provide. It is merely a spiritual factor, and it is safe to assume if this wasn’t a PG 13 game there would be random norn walking in their, eh, natural selves around.

They honor the animal spirits by killing off animals representing those, and than flaying them? very cheesy piece of lore right here.
Where I’m from they call this genocide

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Kalavier.1097

They honor the animal spirits by killing off animals representing those, and than flaying them? very cheesy piece of lore right here.

Native Americans respected and/or honored animals, yet they hunted them as well.

It’s not like they are murdering EVERY SINGLE BEAR. But yes, it’s explicitly stated they wear fur as means of honor/respecting the animal, not to keep warm.

Infact, the player norn comment on it to the Asura gate mechanic in hoelbrek “We wear fur to honor the spirits, not to keep warm.”
His comment? “Yes, I’ve seen what passes for clothing around here. The spirits do not require modesty! Or hygiene. Or manners. No offense.”

Which ties into what Anmida said, Likely Norn don’t care about being naked or not when around the house.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Celestina.2894

I guess there are many cultures you consider cheesy then.

I’m not sure you understand what genocide is btw.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Native Americans respected and/or honored animals, yet they hunted them as well.

It’s not like they are murdering EVERY SINGLE BEAR. But yes, it’s explicitly stated they wear fur as means of honor/respecting the animal, not to keep warm.

Infact, the player norn comment on it to the Asura gate mechanic in hoelbrek “We wear fur to honor the spirits, not to keep warm.”
His comment? “Yes, I’ve seen what passes for clothing around here. The spirits do not require modesty! Or hygiene. Or manners. No offense.”

Which ties into what Anmida said, Likely Norn don’t care about being naked or not when around the house.

There’s just so much in this post to agree with.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

Native Americans respected and/or honored animals, yet they hunted them as well..

They did but for primarily different reasons. e.g. the Navajo didn’t have all that much of a choice what to eat in the desert.
Of course you’re thankful to an animal that is giving it’s life to fill your stomach.

Norn however have plenty of alcohol ( which is probably the reason why they are resistant to cold) in their homeland meaning they must have at least some overstock of crop of any kind. They sure have an alternative to pick their foods.

This is starting to go off topic though.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Native Americans respected and/or honored animals, yet they hunted them as well..

They did but for primarily different reasons. e.g. the Navajo didn’t have all that much of a choice what to eat in the desert.
Of course you’re thankful to an animal that is giving it’s life to fill your stomach.

Norn however have plenty of alcohol ( which is probably the reason why they are resistant to cold) in their homeland meaning they must have at least some overstock of crop of any kind. They sure have an alternative to pick their foods.

This is starting to go off topic though.

Alcohol is the reason they are resistant to cold? Maybe i don’t know enough about this, but alcohol makes you feel warm by expanding the capillaries in your body/skin, but that is exactly the reason why at the same time your body loses a lot of heat through these capillaries, and you can easily catch a cold and have a much lower body temperature.
(Sorry, english is not my native language so i’m not sure i expressed precisely what i wanted to)
Also, there are other cultures that have/had plenty other choices but still ate animals, which at the same time they respected as totem animals too.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Anmida.4058

Time to fly by to drop more random lore facts.

Norn are resistant to cold (and very subjective to heat) because their bodies produce high amounts of temperature. While it is not addressed whenether it is a blood or simply a more in-depth biological factor, it makes the average norn be… a big, walking, boiling potato, enough to shield them away completely from what the average races of Tyria would freeze from.
Sylvari state contact with norn skin has even managed to provide them a scathing sensation when they are overheating from battle, making the contrast that much different.

Attachments:

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

I guess there are many cultures you consider cheesy then.

Just because I find one aspect of it cheesy doesn’t mean It is for the entire culture or groups of cultures. Also if you don’t have anything more to contribute to the conversation than pointing fingers then leave it altogether. #hatersgonnahate

Time to fly by to drop more random lore facts.

Norn are resistant to cold (and very subjective to heat) because their bodies produce high amounts of temperature. While it is not addressed whenether it is a blood or simply a more in-depth biological factor, it makes the average norn be… a big, walking, boiling potato, enough to shield them away completely from what the average races of Tyria would freeze from.
Sylvari state contact with norn skin has even managed to provide them a scathing sensation when they are overheating from battle, making the contrast that much different.

The art of lazy writing at its best. basically what you said is : fire is hot because it burns. But why does it so?

It’s not for discussion that they are resistant to cold, but why it is the case.
I assume it might be the high amount of calories they get by eating animals.
Then as you said they overheat sometimes: this is where booze comes into play, so they can cool off.

This being said, there must be some overload of biothermal energy. If they didn’t kill this many animals and just dressed properly, they wouldn’t have to kill this many animals in the first place.

(edited by sleight.9638)

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Kalavier.1097

Who says they kill massive number of animals? Sure they hunt, but I doubt it’s enough to endanger local animal populations.

Also, IIRC, they produce lots of heat from physical activity. Not how much they eat.

Basically, their physical nature makes them very resistant to the cold, that’s it. No different then how a deep sea quaggan is suited for those waters instead of shallow lakes. It’s not something that can just be changed by ‘dressing properly.’

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Celestina.2894

Now now sleight, no reason to let your jimmies be rustled.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

Who says they kill massive number of animals? Sure they hunt, but I doubt it’s enough to endanger local animal populations.

Also, IIRC, they produce lots of heat from physical activity. Not how much they eat.

I didn’t say they kill miassive numbers at any point. Just that they kill enough to dress them in their fur :o
Physical Activity require food though. No food, no energy, no activity.

It’s not something that can just be changed by ‘dressing properly.’

But by eating properly. Eating less animals results in ultimately less fur. Though yeah by now Norn are too much of an animal-spirit culture to let it go after aeons/milleniums of practicing their lifestyle.

(edited by sleight.9638)

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Dustfinger.9510

Alchohol doesn’t need to be produced from plants. The Mongolians got theirs from fermented milk.

Norn however have plenty of alcohol ( which is probably the reason why they are resistant to cold) in their homeland meaning they must have at least some overstock of crop of any kind.

Then as you said they overheat sometimes: this is where booze comes into play, so they can cool off.

The reason they are resistant to the cold is because alcohol allows them to cool off. …. O.o

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

Alchohol doesn’t need to be produced from plants. The Mongolians got theirs from fermented milk.

Norn however have plenty of alcohol ( which is probably the reason why they are resistant to cold) in their homeland meaning they must have at least some overstock of crop of any kind.

The reason they are resistant to the cold is because alcohol allows them to cool off. …. O.o

taking things out of context usually makes them lose their sense in fact.
I changed my mind after what shinreigari said.
It is our responsibility to be updating our position on as many subjects as possible.
If you don’t contradict yourself every once in a while then you are not thinking.

Also yea. You called it: Milk , another alternative source of food. leave them baby bears alone :<

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Dustfinger.9510

taking things out of context usually makes them lose their sense in fact.
I changed my mind after what shinreigari said.
It is our responsibility to be updating our position on as many subjects as possible.
If you don’t contradict yourself every once in a while then you are not thinking.

Also yea. You called it: Milk , another alternative source of food. leave them baby bears alone :<

I don’t think I took anything out of context at all. I just took them at the face value they were given. I didn’t see anything in your follow up posts that indicated that your mind was changed. The way the posts were quoted and responded to gave the impression that you continued in a steady course. The secret to updating our own information without contradicting ourselves is by acknowleging that the old position is wrong. But if you say you now stand corrected then that’s what it is and we can leave it at that.

But yeah, after some research it appears that there are actually a lot of fermented milk alcohol drinks out there: busa (Turkestan), cieddu (Italy), dadhi (India), kefir (Balkans), kumiss (Steppes), laban Zabadi (Egypt), mazun (Armenia), taette (N. Europe), skyr (Iceland), masl (Iran), crowdies (Scotland),

I wasn’t aware it was so prevalent but I suppose if it has alcohol then people will drink it.

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I didn’t say they kill miassive numbers at any point. Just that they kill enough to dress them in their fur :o
Physical Activity require food though. No food, no energy, no activity.

Norn don’t hunt animals to turn them in to clothes. The wear clothes made of mostly animals because they hunt so much. It’s an important distinction.

Basically, hunting is central to their culture, not a byproduct of having no other option, and as such they don’t wear all that fur and leather because they are warm or they can’t make textiles as much as they wear them because they’re fashionable statements of norn hunting prowess.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Remember they have nothing to do with humans or the way we work irl at face value. So it’s kind of difficult to guess just exactly how their bodies work.

If you are to draw parallells to hunter societies in our world there is usually a sort of native understanding in how the ecosystem works so that animal species aren’t hunted extinct but it’s by no means always the case.

But yes straying etc, as I said earlier i think the example in OP is both valid choices for Norn. Actually it would be pretty funny to get official tidbits if Norn wear has changed anything from the unusually close contact they have with other cultures in present time… I know it plays into my mesmer’s garb anyway. A bit more international choices after her travels, purely decoratively

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Nude? You’ve got to be kidding. Norn females would be wearing far less then that. honestly the only armor that actually looks “Norn” like for the females in Kekai’s Jora concept art.

The male Norns don’t walk around bear-chested because it adds protection, they do it because they are Norn. Freezing, arctic weather & they don’t wear tops because they love the feel of it!

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

My issue with it is less that it shows skin, and more that there is nothing keeping those flaps from flaying around and getting in your way.

Two-sided fashion tape.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

sleight.9638

@Amethyst Lure.5624 GW2 is sure fantasy but it still got its inspiration from the real world in which we also have suns, moons, tides, the elements. but I have to agree with you. arguing with real world metabolism models was not the smartest approach to argue about a fnatasy based MMO-World.

I just realized that humans have the exact same skin for this armor piece though :O

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Lets all go play Tera and see how much reaaaaaaveaaaaling the armor can be xD (for a skyrim modder who has seen everything)

Yes yes embrace the darkness in your armor and alllll shall be revealed 8D

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i love that chestpiece actually, don’t change it anet :<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

That armor is TAME compared to castanic on tera…..trust me

Inquest Light - Nude

in Norn

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Well, if we want to point out showing off a bit too much, how about the flame legion pants on heavy male norn.
That’s a trail of happiness that goes waaaaay down… Not to say I don’t love it, I do, and god do I hope it stays there.

But ya know. Happens.

Ohh my god. O_O

Well, I actually like this chestpiece, it’s not too reveling, yet sexy and really nice cleavage.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|