Norn Animal Transformations

in Norn

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

So I’ve been wondering this, along with a bunch of my fellow roleplayers.

The Norn can shapeshift into hulking werebeasts due to the blessing of that said great Spirit. There have been moments where out in the game, you aid a Shaman at a spirit’s shrine who transforms you into an actual wolf or snow leopard to hunt prey and hunt with the pack.

So.. can any Norn transform into an actual animal and NOT a werewolf/werebear/etc without the aid of tonics, shamans, or spirits? Can a Norn actually transform into a Bear or is he limited to just the Werebear?

in Norn

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Lore-wise only Werebest form, at least I never read anything about a norn transforming into a pure animal form only by the spirit blessing.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Norn

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

As Bezebu said, only were-form. I assume it takes a havroun or shaman with a great relationship with that particular animal spirit to have complete animal form. or even to grant it. Remember, our own were-forms are based on a cultural and even personal relationship with the Spirits of the Wild.

in Norn

Posted by: Haaznahnuff.1907

Haaznahnuff.1907

I’d have those were-forms less bland however. More details and colors in the fur and the feather, please.

in Norn

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

They cannot transform into actual animals- she/he can only turn into the werebeasts that weren’t destroyed by Jormag.
It is magic that turns them into the full thing- similar to a mesmer illusion, since every race can achieve this if blessed by the shamaness or shaman.