Norn mesmer lore?

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: Robert.6172

Robert.6172

Just wondering, what is the function of a mesmer in Norn society? I play a male Norn mesmer and sometimes wonder what the purpose is. Are they skaalds?

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

There are many Raven Shamans who are mesmers, since Raven is associated with trickery.

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: Robert.6172

Robert.6172

Looks like I picked the right spirit animal then.

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Looks like I picked the right spirit animal then.

Any spirit of the wild fits with any profession really. There’s no right or wrong choice here. But yes, the most suited from a purely sterile point of view would likely be Raven.

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Snow Leopard as well, considering mesmer stealth and slipperiness.

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Snow Leopard as well, considering mesmer stealth and slipperiness.

Exactly why I picked Snow Leopard for my mesmer

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Enchanter or Enchantress is probably closer, since there is the norn Whitebear that is described as such.

Norn mesmer lore?

in Norn

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I’ve thought a lot about why my norn would choose to be a mesmer… the conclusion I found most satisfying was that she’s already physically stronger than almost anything that isn’t norn, so there’s no challenge in simply smashing things with physical strength.

Being able to defeat your foe with wits and mental prowess alone… now that’s a challenge that gives a victory worthy of boasting about!

And yeah, I went Raven too.

Honestly though, I can’t think of a significant NPC in lore that was a norn mesmer… I was thinking Hogni Truthseeker… but he was a Rit…. most of them are Rangers, Warriors, Paragons (would be Guardians now I guess…)

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer