Rate the Norn Name Above You

in Norn

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

^Sounds a bit too generic… Especially Olaf sounds VERY generic.

Raskild Raveneye

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Norn

Posted by: Fyrngarm.1942

Fyrngarm.1942

Asra Wolfheart – Guardian

Don’t know how I came up with it :p I just liked the name wolfheart and thought it as quite norn esque and Asra I just came up with off the top of my head. She’s my favourite character because Guardians are just cool and the name suits a Guardian I think.

in Norn

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

Sounds nice. Maybe because I love wolves haha.

My warrior is Asgrond the Mighty! A Champion of Jormag and loyal to dragon! O:<

in Norn

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Sigmar Skyhammer – Male Warrior

Haha, there are 2 Skyhammers in this game! Thats the same last name as my Ele (Steinar Skyhammer)

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Norn

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

Personally not a fan of Bob Nounverber names, but it works if you use Conjure Lightning.

Svana Ölrúnardóttir – Mesmer

in Norn

Posted by: Slaunyeh.9852

Slaunyeh.9852

My three, no, wait, four , Norn are:

Berghildr: Guardian. My first live character.
Ravensworn: Necromancer. She was born Esgred, but has devoted herself fully to the service of Raven.
Ulfrigg Stormborn: Engineer. Cleverly combining the word ‘Ulfr’ with the name Frigg.
Sigrún Trollbane: Ranger. My ranger wasn’t supposed to be Norn, but I really like the name.

in Norn

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

Berghildr – Awesome and simple.
Ravensworn – Also simple yet classy.
Ulfrigg Stormborn – Not my favorite surname, but I dig it on the whole.
Sigrun Trollbane – I quite like this one, but I’m a fan of any Sig prefix. Trollbane is kind of cliche, but classic.

My Norn Guardian is Skadi Thundersteel. Thundersteel after the Riot song and just because it was cool. I thought about translating the surname to Tordenstal, or even running with Svartmetal, but decided against it since perhaps Norse isn’t actually Norn. It was approved by my Norwegian friends and family, so that’s good enough for me.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Norn

Posted by: Mila.5391

Mila.5391

Oh! I love the name Skadi, it’s really Norn-ish. The Thundersteel sounds like a surname a Norn would have, considering the surname of the NPCs in the game, it’s a nice choice.

My Hunter is Agnes Löfgren, I just like the name Agnes and looked around for a surname to go with it, nothing too fancy…

in Norn

Posted by: Piper Hecht.6538

Piper Hecht.6538

Oh! I love the name Skadi, it’s really Norn-ish. The Thundersteel sounds like a surname a Norn would have, considering the surname of the NPCs in the game, it’s a nice choice.

My Hunter is Agnes Löfgren, I just like the name Agnes and looked around for a surname to go with it, nothing too fancy…

very nice… Agnes is a strong name, which fits well with the norn.

Mine is named Ingvar Shieldstrom, a nord whom I invented for a roleplaying game with friends awhile back. Thought it fit and I already had a detailed backstory for the guy, so I went with it.

in Norn

Posted by: Theoddguy.9652

Theoddguy.9652

Ingar Shieldstrom sounds awesome, although the surname consisting of an english and a scandinavian word clashes somewhat in my opinion.

My Norn’s name is Allmsberg- It came out more german-sounding than I had planned.

in Norn

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

Allmsberg is reminding me of beer, and this is good : ) But i think that should be your shurname or nickname for you norn : ) Like Olaf Allmsberg or something. Or people just call him by his shurname becose they forgot his name.

My Norn’s names are:
Ragnve for my ranger, she is wolfmaster specialized in bows.
Varrka for my warrior, she is red haired with a big sense of humour and hungry for blood.

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Norn

Posted by: Derpula Stevens.8249

Derpula Stevens.8249

Ranger: 8/10

Warrior: 7/10

My name is: Sir Derpula

Nachs: Norn. Asura. Charr. Human. Sylvari

#TeamEvonForever

in Norn

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Would fit more a human imo. xD

Bearball (warrior)

in Norn

Posted by: Marrader.5830

Marrader.5830

Bearball, took me a second but I like it, I think of Butteerbean when I hear lol.

I just made a Ranger Named Wolfgang Reknar, despite his name he follows Bear and has a bear companion.

in Norn

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

I like the last name a lot. First name could use some work though since its germanic instead of nordic. Also you even kind of hint that it should lose points since he is a follower of bear named wolf.

First name = 4/10
Last name = 10/10
Overall 7.5/10

My warrior’s name is Freyr Bloodedge.

in Norn

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

I like it, it sounds brutal, as a warrior’s name should be! I do hope it’s a female warrior, since Freyr sounds feminine : 9/10

My male warrior is called: Gunnar Lundgren

I hope someone gets the reference

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

in Norn

Posted by: AielloA.1629

AielloA.1629

Gunnar Lundgren… Don’t get the reference, but I like the first name. Surname seems a bit too Germanic to be a Norn name, but it has a nice ring to it nonetheless. 8/10

Sigrid Stormblade, nee Earunsdottir, is my current Norn… Sigrid “Halfblade” if you want to mock her (and by extension die)! She’s a female Norn Ranger, only recently had her mother’s greatsword reforged (got cut in half by her rival at a recent moot) and is clamoring to regain some of her lost glory. By killing a giant earthworm made of ice and spikes. Yeah.

Also: Freya Earunsdottir, Sigrid’s youngest sister. I could go on and on (I’m an RPer, I gave her a family and a backstory, so sue me ;3)

And now (sorry for the triple names, you only have to rate one if you don’t want to do them all though!) Maddi Fairtongue, Sigrid’s older sister, second-oldest of their family. Apprentice Skaald (so basically a Guardian ;3), who uses a sword and focus.

“We fight because we can. We win because we must.”

(edited by AielloA.1629)

in Norn

Posted by: Felivastus.2470

Felivastus.2470

Gunnar Lundgren… Don’t get the reference, but I like the first name. Surname seems a bit too Germanic to be a Norn name, but it has a nice ring to it nonetheless. 8/10

Sigrid Stormblade, nee Earunsdottir, is my current Norn… Sigrid “Halfblade” if you want to mock her (and by extension die)! She’s a female Norn Ranger, only recently had her mother’s greatsword reforged (got cut in half by her rival at a recent moot) and is clamoring to regain some of her lost glory. By killing a giant earthworm made of ice and spikes. Yeah.

Also: Freya Earunsdottir, Sigrid’s youngest sister. I could go on and on (I’m an RPer, I gave her a family and a backstory, so sue me ;3)

And now (sorry for the triple names, you only have to rate one if you don’t want to do them all though!) Maddi Fairtongue, Sigrid’s older sister, second-oldest of their family. Apprentice Skaald (so basically a Guardian ;3), who uses a sword and focus.

8/10

Name is: Felzerku

in Norn

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

With a single name it sounds like someone who has gone off on their own to make their own legend. I get the feel of an up and coming Norn who is making a name for themself. The name also makes me think of a Beserker
7/10

Name is: O I I I O

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Norn

Posted by: Maddie.5864

Maddie.5864

6/10→ How the hell do I pronounce that?

Leauvana: Elementalist.
Ein Sof: Ranger.

in Norn

Posted by: Dragonheart.3960

Dragonheart.3960

6/10- doesn’t sound very norn like
7/10- has a good ring to it

Name: Volsung Dragonheart

in Norn

Posted by: ColdAndMean.2305

ColdAndMean.2305

My norn ranger:
Frigg Nidhogg Bani
favorite pets:
Dreyri Lifbrott (Lynx)
Frjósa Banahogg (Snow Leopard)

Frigg Nidhogg Bani lvl 80 Ranger
Keepers of the Forgotten Wisdom [WISE]
Seafarer’s Rest

in Norn

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

6/10-> How the hell do I pronounce that?

Beep! Beep! I’m a Jeep

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Norn

Posted by: Ingrem.4891

Ingrem.4891

Hi All,

My norn ranger: Ingram Snow ( I whant to change soname )
norn Warrior : Signy Hess

in Norn

Posted by: Serafina.2681

Serafina.2681

I don’t really like the names up there—- they’re special, but not my kind of thing! The first one reminds me of Instagram…

My norn elementalist: Fae Oddsdottir
Yes, she is a cousin of Gullik Oddsson and a sister of Gyda Oddsdottir (at least in my universe – don’t judge).
(Fae – as in FAY)

—Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods.—

in Norn

Ingrem.4891

The first one reminds me of Instagram…

I never thought of that))))

in Norn

Serafina.2681

With all the right reasons. It’s just me, I assure you. I have strange things running through my mind…

Don’t worry, I’m still quite normal.

in Norn

Ingrem.4891

With all the right reasons. It’s just me, I assure you. I have strange things running through my mind…

) I’m not worried) I like my character’s name, but still think about change surname)
maybe on Torgersen or Løkken, or…. may be Einarr. I do not know what it be… yet))))
thank you for your opinion))

in Norn

Serafina.2681

) I’m not worried) I like my character’s name, but still think about change surname)
maybe on Torgersen or Løkken, or…. may be Einarr. I do not know what it be… yet))))
thank you for your opinion))

Great surnames! If I may in all my modesty add, of those three I think Torgersen flows best with the name. But I like all three very much! I think you have a knack for genuine, yet interesting names.

in Norn

Posted by: Milumeo Rinku.7583

Milumeo Rinku.7583

Celöbram Oathsworn

in Norn

Posted by: AielloA.1629

AielloA.1629

Runa Irongaze – she’s an Engineer who lost an eye to Issormir, and replaced it with a small device of her own making. Gives me an RP reason to wear that awesome engi monocle, too

“We fight because we can. We win because we must.”

in Norn

Posted by: Zero.6237

Zero.6237

Runa Irongaze sounds pretty nice for a Nordic lady My Nord warrior is named Draegar Behrstrom. It sounds like a steadfast and strong name

in Norn

Posted by: Khortesh.4269

Khortesh.4269

I like the sound of Draegar Behrstrom. I agree that it gives impression of a strong character and matches up with the profession.
My Norn warrior is called Rangrid Sverdeidr

in Norn

Posted by: ShogunATL.9670

ShogunATL.9670

Celöbram Oathsworn-somehow this one got missed, I like it, I’m never sure how to pronounce umlauts, but it looks good!
Rangrid Sverdeidr- The name looks great, especially the last name. Very germanic sounding!

Asherah Redmane- warrior- and yes she has red hair. Asherah or some variation has been my chick toons’ go to name ever since EQ1
Kazzok Blackthorne- guardian- Kazzok was my barbarian warrior in EQ1. So another name for me that has been there since the beginning.

in Norn

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

the last name makes sense for a norn!
especially for a warrior norn. Asherah is just a pretty name i think that would fit other races of warrior

My mesmer’s norn name is Mahzarin it means gold moon I think.. I love gold – and Z is my favourite letter so… yea!

she is slightly tan and has star tattoos and med blonde hair!
http://imageshack.us/f/51/gw985.jpg/

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

in Norn

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I like that name but it sounds more from the middle east than any nordic country. Then again having an exotic name may just fit a mesmer perfectly anyway, and there’s still the strong suspicion that the Norn have mixed with other people in the last 200 years, as hinted at by Braham in F&F.

I have a Norn Elementalist named Connlaoch Stonebear. It’s pronounced Connla, and I’ll admit is much more Irish than Norse. And of course I’ve spec’d him earth and frequently slot Become the Bear.

in Norn

Posted by: Roseberry.8912

Roseberry.8912

Oooh cool name! I think it suits a norn perfectly, specially the surname and I really like how you matched your character with the name, with the bear and earth-thingy!

My norn is named:
- Ulva Moontooth!

I wanted to name her Ulva Måntand, but since Å was a unavailable letter I simply translated her surname to english!
Her whole name is based on wolves!

in Norn

Posted by: Sgt Merrick.7285

Sgt Merrick.7285

I got 3.

Rynhildr Vardsdottir (Couldn’t fit that in so it’s just Ryn) – Warrior
Meida Vardsdottir – Engineer (^Her sister, in case you couldn’t work that one out^)
Thrisda Stigsdottir – Ranger (I thought I would try a different race for my ranger, but I was looking at my char menu and just thought “needs more Norn”)

in Norn

Posted by: fubar.1327

fubar.1327

I got 3.

Meida Vardsdottir – Engineer (^Her sister, in case you couldn’t work that one out^)
Thrisda Stigsdottir – Ranger (I thought I would try a different race for my ranger, but I was looking at my char menu and just thought “needs more Norn”)

All 3 very norn like names I think.

Male Norn ranger: Beariden Wildheart.

Female Norn Guardian: Brynja Frostheart. (Brynja is norse for armor…usually associated with heavy armor)

in Norn

Posted by: Sena.2761

Sena.2761

I got 3.

All 3 very norn like names I think.

Male Norn ranger: Beariden Wildheart.

Female Norn Guardian: Brynja Frostheart. (Brynja is norse for armor…usually associated with heavy armor)

Beariden Wildheart makes me think of a giant Norn riding on a giant bear, which is awesome.

Brynja sounds pretty fitting, and follows the ‘heart’ theme you seem to have set up(?).

My female ranger: Freja Sifdottir. My first norn character and I’ve been struggling to find a good name.

in Norn

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

My female ranger: Freja Sifdottir. My first norn character and I’ve been struggling to find a good name.

Looks to be a combo of Sif and Freja. both North Goddess. Still seems to be fitting for the norn environment.

Ungood – Norn Guardian a reference to the Orewlian novel, 1984.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Norn

Posted by: peppers.6192

peppers.6192

Ungood i give a 7/10

My Norn Elementalist name is “Aweburn”

:D

Aweburn – Aerisü [KWBH]
~Stormbluff Isle~

in Norn

Posted by: Hexy.2436

Hexy.2436

Ungood i give a 7/10

My Norn Elementalist name is “Aweburn”

:D

8/10. Cute name, I’m going to guess she’s a redhead :P

Here’s a pic of my lowbie ranger Kimbia, and her bear Rawrface. He has a habit of photobombing my screenshots.

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Praetorian.3948

Praetorian.3948

I have numerous Norn’s so here are their names:

Bjorn The Greatwolf – Warrior

Alfrún Bjorndottir – Necro

Rökkr Bjornson – Ranger

Njal The Stormcaller – Guardian

Bjorn The Greatwolf 80 Warrior
80 – Warx2/Guardx2/Necro/Ranger/Thief
Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]

in Norn

Posted by: Unavi.8760

Unavi.8760

Njal is an awesome name, plus the Storms that add on nicely to that. Nice one mate!

[Hanza Snowcloak]

in Norn

Posted by: Zero.6237

Zero.6237

Can someone else review Draegar Behrstrom? He’s a norn warrior with a militant personality, and I wanted the name to sound strong and heavy. Hanza Snowcloak, while being simple, is a pretty good name. The last name is better than the first, which may need some retouching. I give it a 7/10.

in Norn

Posted by: Danaguer.1407

Danaguer.1407

When I first started playing GW2 I was surprised to see so many Icelandic names (I’m Icelandic). I actually thought that this game had become instantly popular here without me noticing, but then I realised that everyone just wanted a realistic name for their Norn character, which is awesome!

Anyway, Draegar Behrstrom. It’s sounds pretty neat when you say it out loud, a bit Swedish. I’m picturing a headstrong, tall, muscular Norn with a booming voice. Yeah, the last name is a bit more appealing, at least to me.

My Norn’s name is Fanndís Ósk Þorbjarnardóttir. It’s actually quite a typical Icelandic name. Fanndís is derived from the Icelandic word “fönn” which means “snow” and the word “dís” which means “fairy”. “Ósk” means “a wish”.
What do you guys think?

in Norn

Posted by: Shepardx.4183

Shepardx.4183

Draegar Behrstrom sounds like a really tough guy, who I’d rather not get in a fight with at the moot. And I’m surprised you were able to fit Fanndís Ósk Þorbjarnardóttir in for your character, and I have no idea how to say it, but it looks awesome!

I have 3 Norn right now, but my most recent one (who is a guardian) is Halvor Björnson, I believe the translation for Halvor is “guardian of the rock” and Björnson is “son of bear”

(edited by Shepardx.4183)

in Norn

Posted by: Tiamant.1897

Tiamant.1897

Like The Name and all. But i have seen way to many people that include “Björn” in theire names, will give it a 7/10. Even Halvor i seen i think really often :s

My Norn name: Rowtan
Class:Guardian
Gender: Male(even though i changed the gender twice with him just to see how a t3 norn heavy armor would look on him as a female)

in Norn

Posted by: Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Rithian Fhenrir! Added the h in the name because Fenrir is overused, it also gives a certain thing whenever i use my name like that.

Btw cool names above for the 3 norns, they do sounds allot like vikings however

You either die a underpowered class or you live long enough to be the overpowered one.