The Reason To Be Norn!

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

Heey guys i really want to make a norn but ive always been really lore based with games… And my problem is that i really like the Roman Empire… But the Norn are based on the Northern Germanic people sooo…..

Can you guys say some things about the Germanic people that make me change my mind and make a Norn,

Sorry for this kind of akward post but i really want this!

Thanks in advance,

Alpha Alex

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

They kicked the romans for a long time without the technological advantage?

While I don’t really know what you are looking for, at the end of the day your Norn can join the Vigil – especially the heavy armour looks very roman.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The word “Berserk” comes from Nordic warriors that attacked any number of enemy so viciously and enraged using only a “bear shirt” that it became synonymous of enraged attack.
Nordics are most awesome civilization in the history.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I thought this looked familiar…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/norn/Make-me-Norn

still haven’t decided?

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Damash.1074

still haven’t decided?

You really do your research ey? Even i forgot about that post… xD
But yes… stil havent decided… It looks links i have toe change my preferences… Man i tot some serious problems ging on in my had ;]

Alpha Alex

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

still haven’t decided?

You really do your research ey? Even i forgot about that post… xD
But yes… stil havent decided… It looks links i have toe change my preferences… Man i tot some serious problems ging on in my had ;]

Didn’t really research… norn forums just move extremely slowly and I remembered reading that before, that’s all.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Damash.1074

Owwww okaay i understand.

But do you tot anything toe sa that makes he whole n Ron idea freaking awesome or .,,,something?… i dunno

Alpha Alex

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Damash.1074

This whole question came when in games… Im really lore based… and i like the race that is based on the Germanic (norse) people… But the problem was that i really like the Romans… So i wanted to make me to like the Germanics more than the romans… I dont care if it was during the Roman Empire or the Middle Ages…
PS: The games are Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls series… PPS: I know i got some serious problems…

Alpha Alex

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Rouven.7409

So what is wrong with going vigil – lore based. Comes the closest to the roman military. There are no romans per se in this game. Wish I could help you better.

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Lukas.6283

Lukas.6283

Alright, you wanna know why you should love the Germanic peoples (Imma focus on the Norse in particular)? Let me tell you.

*cracks knuckles*

First, let’s make something abundantly clear. These people were the most metal individuals ever to walk the earth. You ever hear of the Viking at Stamford Bridge? This one crazy berserker held off an ambush by an entire Saxon army. He killed forty men and injured several more before someone managed to get under the bridge and stab his junk. In doing so, he kept five thousand men from crossing this bridge, and let his comrades survive and regroup.

But don’t go thinking this was just one crazy outliers. The Norse loved combat. Everyone knows about Valhalla: the only paradise consisting of endless death-matches until Ragnarök comes. But lets talk about the guy in charge their, Odin. Odin was the head of the gods, and the god or war, death, magic, and poetry. This dude supposedly taught man to go to war just so he could fill up Valhalla. He had one eye because he ripped the other out of his own skull in exchange for ultimate knowledge. And it was this dude that the Norse saw as most deserving of worship. Like I said, metal.

Poetry probably looks out of place in Odin’s list or purviews, but this in no ordinary poetry. See, in addition to producing incredibly kitten heroic poems, the Norse basically invented rap battles. Insulting someone in the cleverest way possible was considered a high art by the Norse. And contrary to their brutish appearance, the guys who pulled out his axe was the loser. The point was to outsmart the other guy, not outfight him.

Well, that’s what have for now. Hope it worked; it is kinda hard to know what to say without knowing why you’re so into the Romans.

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Orgies?

/15characters

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Rouven.7409

I AM the God Thor,
I am the War God,
I am the Thunderer!
Here in my Northland,
My fastness and fortress,
Reign I forever!

The Challenge of Thor
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

(edited by Rouven.7409)

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

The Charr are the most Roman-like area (and not really that Roman-like).

The Roman legions were full of Germanic warriors. For centuries the cavalry in the western empire were from allied Germanic tribes.

Norn travel to other lands seeking adventure, fame and knowledge. Make a Norn and immediately travel to the nearby Charr lands. You are like a Germanic warrior gone off to join the Roman legions.

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Damash.1074

What i love about the Romans?

Their Culture, Gods and Armor (dont get me wrong i love norse armor too)

Alpha Alex

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Other people the Romans ran into:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_warfare

It is perhaps the descriptions of the Britons which have most influenced the popular image of the wild Celtic warrior. Caesar emphasises the "barbarian" aspect of the Britons...helped paint the picture of the woad-daubed ancient Briton charging into battle naked and blue.

NAKED AND BLUE! What more do you want?!

I mean, those tats, wowwie.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Rouven.7409

(…)

NAKED AND BLUE! What more do you want?!

I mean, those tats, wowwie.

cough murmurs … hide chest armour … brabbl … grunt …

Sorry for offtopic, couldn’t resist

The Reason To Be Norn!

in Norn

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

To whoever said there aren’t any Roman Empire themes in game, I’d point at charr. They are quite Roman, mixed with Mongolians and a bit of another civilization, but still very Roman. I love them for it.

Anyway to norn, I would point towards stuff like Varangian Guards, who were pretty much the elite army in Byzantine Army. I believe only vikings were taken into this unit and that’s what made them elite.

My history teacher told a story about Varangian guards and how they held Constantinople in a more accurate 300 story than the Spartans, and fought more ferociously and killed more enemies than the Spartans when they held the passage. I can’t remember which war led to an attack that jeopardized Constantinople, all I remember my teacher and I talking about Spartans versus vikings, and that whilst he finds the Spartan and greek history intriguing, it’s far more legend than what the vikings and Varangians were.

So all in all, Germanic people and vikings were real kittenes and tough warriors. Able to tackle most foes that were more advanced than them both military and equipment.

Also, the vikings were true explorers, journeying all over Europe and beyond, into the east before any other civilization did and even found America long before it was claimed and colonized.