Why do Norn males look so stupid?

in Norn

Posted by: Ze Ke.2614

Ze Ke.2614

Well I would like to know why most male norns look like something a 5 year would draw,because their shoulders are WAY to far apart

in Norn

Posted by: Grakor.3450

Grakor.3450

Norn males look fine, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

in Norn

Posted by: Pariah.1457

Pariah.1457

They’re not human, so they don’t have to follow human anatomy.

in Norn

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

@ Pariah

I find this argument hilarious, due to the fact that norn females follow human anatomy perfectly. In fact, they look more human than human females themselves.

I call it “wowsyndrome”

in Norn

Posted by: Boulderado.7463

Boulderado.7463

I think they look great. Whole game is stylized, complaining about the aesthetic in terms of “realistic” anatomy is ludicrous.

in Norn

Posted by: SatyrBuddy.1586

SatyrBuddy.1586

Thats just, like, your opinion man. Also muscular structure closely resembles that of a bear. They arnt humans. They are like paranormal shaman viking peoples who are also druids.

in Norn

Posted by: Uberrod.1342

Uberrod.1342

It’s because the head is too small in proportion to the rest of the body.

in Norn

Posted by: DeamonDusk.6735

DeamonDusk.6735

you can takeake maximum head size and width ^^ mine looks like a beast made outta muscles with a bold head and beard…. looks very very bad*ss

Riverside [DE]Black God of War – Norn Guardian
Kid Suicide – Human Necromancer
Little Moochie – Asura Engineer

in Norn

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

That’s because they’re huge and fat. Ask people to imagine what a smart person should look like, it will NEVER be a giant. It’s the exact opposite in fact, the giant will always represent someone who’s really dumb, a big dumb brute.

in Norn

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

“They are like paranormal shaman viking peoples who are also druids.”

Lol. Wow. That’s a great way to put it.

in Norn

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

you can takeake maximum head size and width ^^ mine looks like a beast made outta muscles with a bold head and beard…. looks very very bad*ss

This. I took biggest and widest head on the thinest body and made a very good looking long haired war paint wearing Native American. The proportions look human but he is still huge next to the other races.

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

My Norn doesn’t, actually he looks like me..ten years ago.

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

in Norn

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I guess it can really depend on your body type and how you scaled your head size/width. I choose a “slender” Norn body type and I think I’m fairly proportionate.

Attachments:

Knowledge is power.

in Norn

Posted by: SuperLuigi.3720

SuperLuigi.3720

@ Pariah

I find this argument hilarious, due to the fact that norn females follow human anatomy perfectly. In fact, they look more human than human females themselves.

I call it “wowsyndrome”

I call it “sexual dimorphism” myself.

in Norn

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

If you choose the massive Norn body type; of course they look ridiculous. I play a Norn heavily ATM and seeing massive Norn makes me shake my head and weep for humanity.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

in Norn

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Who looks stupid?

Attachments:

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Norn

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I will say that I’m not a big fan of the way Norn are designed in the game.

1. They are a bit too tall relative to humans, the size difference should smaller
2. The builds are too exaggerated on the males and not exaggerated enough on the females.
3. They look too much like humans in general. They should look a bit rougher, like sort of a human/giant/ogre hybrid, with maybe slightly modified proportions.

in Norn

Posted by: Saidor.7028

Saidor.7028

Norns look like giants mated with dwarves.

in Norn

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly , norns are a kind of giant , which is said in the game , just like the jotun.

So no , they should be based like the humans. While true the females do look like , it got nothing to do with males.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Norn

Posted by: moonjo.9831

moonjo.9831

Did you notice their legs? They look like humpty dumpty with those short skinny legs. Way too top heavy.

in Norn

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Did you notice their legs? They look like humpty dumpty with those short skinny legs. Way too top heavy.

The short legs on the guys makes their running animation look good though. Compare this to the norn women. since they only use an upscaled human model their long legs make their running animation look really floaty. Kinda like they’re skipping everywhere. That’s one of the main reasons I can’t take any norn chick character I try to make seriously.

Well that and they all look terrible disappointing compared to the bloody concept art.

I say let the human women look like plastic sex dolls imported straight from japan, I don’t care about that anymore. But please, I want a norn chick who looks like she could tear a wild boar in half and then use the blood & fat to style her hair; not a WBNA player.

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

@ Pariah

I call it “wowsyndrome”

Sexual dimorphism is the phrase you are looking for exactly, and it is not uncommon in nature.

in Norn

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

@ Pariah

I call it “wowsyndrome”

Sexual dimorphism is the phrase you are looking for exactly, and it is not uncommon in nature.

Other than with some very specific adaptations (such as a peakitten’s feathers or a stag’s antlers) sexual dimorphism does not result in what you see in WoW- cartoonishly exaggerated features on the males of every race and only subtle variations from a persistent baseline in females of various races.

Similiarly, sexual dimorphism does not allow for significantly different proportions in the anatomies of each sex (other than the primary sex characteristics), only different masses.

The disparity between Norm males and human males vs. Norn females vs human females vs Norn males and Norn females is really pretty jarring and really should be looked at. I’d prefer for both sexes to be given a rougher look, and for males to be scaled back a little while females are scaled up a little.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Norn

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Other than with some very specific adaptations (such as a peakitten’s feathers or a stag’s antlers) sexual dimorphism does not result in what you see in WoW- cartoonishly exaggerated features on the males of every race and only subtle variations from a persistent baseline in females of various races.

Similiarly, sexual dimorphism does not allow for significantly different proportions in the anatomies of each sex (other than the primary sex characteristics), only different masses.

There are some types that have very drastic diffrences in proportions. Types of lizards and amphibians will vary greatly with the relative size of the head and tail.

Corpus callosum in humans is also drastically diffrent in proportion while the pelvic girdle are diffrently shaped.

Some species of anglerfish also display extreme sexual dimorphism. Females are more typical in appearance to other fish, whereas the males are tiny rudimentary creatures with stunted digestive systems. A male must find a female and fuse with her: he then lives parasitically, becoming little more than a sperm-producing body.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism