1-2 Trib Mode Wurm Shortcut bugged.

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’m trying to do trib mode through the wurm, and I keep getting instakilled for no reason and I’m not even near a spike trap or green blob. It could just be lag spikes, but these random deaths for no reason need to go.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

It’s because you are not allowed to use the shortcut in Trib mode. You are being punished for trying to cheat you way passed the other stuff =P

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

As Storm of the Ages said, you’re not supposed to use the shortcuts. In W2Z2, for instance, if you take the shortcut eagle, it’ll plop you at the very start of the zone. You either have to slowly make your way back or else just die so you can respawn at the correct checkpoint.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

worm works fine for me, you probably have high ping

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

nearlight.3064

Yeah guys don’t troll me cuz I used a shortcut. And yeah I have like 18-20FPS so whenever I bounce around instant death mechanics, I tend to die midair due to lag alone. And I did get through the worm from luck alone and it worked fine. I know not to take the eagle, but w2 seems impossible for trib mode for 2-2/3

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Posted by: null.1298

null.1298

The Tribulation Mode Shortcut Worm does work. I’ve also completed it successfully.

One thing is to be careful of the last spike trap jump, because there are spike traps on the ceiling as well. If you don’t keep holding down the forward button after that jump, you might hit the spikes on the ceiling and die.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I have the same thing, random insta-death for no reason. But it’s always at the same point near the end. When I hop over the entire ground area I skip it though. Maybe try remembering where you keep dying and then jump over that part, even though you can’t see anything lethal there.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You’re not supposed to use the worm shortcut in TM. You’re not supposed to use the worm shortcut in TM. You’re not supposed to use the worm shortcut in TM. You’re not supposed to use the worm shortcut in TM.

Sorry for the repetition but people are completely ignoring the poster that mentioned this.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Shortcut Wurm works fine in Tribulation Mode. But the collision for a lot of the spikes and goo is a bit iffy, especially with lag.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Ayrilana.1396

Then it is not working as intended. The devs stated that shortcuts were not supposed to work.

Posted by: hendusoone.3504

hendusoone.3504

Shortcut worm definitely works in tribulation mode, I’ve used it many times.

However, there does seem to be a bug with the green cubes of death. When you run into one, the green cube of death disappears, but the area where it used to be will still kill you.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I can see shortcut eagle not working, cause there is nothing to it. But Shortcut worm they just made extremely hard. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be able to use it if you can actually survive it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

A dev actually stated that the wurm shortcut IS supposed to work in TM, but the Eagle shortcut isn’t. The Eagle won’t allow shortcuts because he’s an “eagle of justice, and taking a shortcut isn’t very justice-y”.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

Yeah I’ve gotten through Wurm on my second try. Later tries failed due to lag deaths.

I follow the dev-tracker pretty close but if someone said it wasn’t supposed to work I completely missed it.

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

I was wondering if you could use the Shortcut wurm. I decided against it and just did the whole level. Neat to know it works though.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Ayrilana.1396

A dev actually stated that the wurm shortcut IS supposed to work in TM, but the Eagle shortcut isn’t. The Eagle won’t allow shortcuts because he’s an “eagle of justice, and taking a shortcut isn’t very justice-y”.

No they didn’t.

I’d read that thread again. If one shortcut is not allowable, why would you think the other would be? Silence is not a yes. The dev even indirectly stated that it wasn’t further in the post.

nearlight.3064

No they didn’t.

I’d read that thread again. If one shortcut is not allowable, why would you think the other would be? Silence is not a yes. The dev even indirectly stated that it wasn’t further in the post.

Ayriliana I’ve made it through the shortcut, it works perfectly well if you can get through it. I just died many times due to lag when bouncing (too much motion) kept porting me into the spikes. If youre such a skeptic still, do it yourself and you’d know if you got through to the end that the shortcut does indeed work.

There are also youtube videos too.

The eagle shortcut doesn’t work. I think thats because they couldn’t find a way to booby trap it as much as the wurm one.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Ayrilana.1396

There’s a difference between not able to and not supposed to. There were those clouds in w2z3 that people were not suppose to jump around but they could.

insanemaniac.2456

There’s a difference between not able to and not supposed to. There were those clouds in w2z3 that people were not suppose to jump around but they could.

there is a trap at the entrance. there are traps throughout the passage. they thought about you using it. and they said “well do what you want if you get past these obstacles” by not putting spike traps on the worms face.

is it intended for you to be kitten out at the usual spot? should you be kitten out at the beginning of the zone instead? we cannot say, and you cant put those words in the devs’ mouths unless and until they “fix” it.

o.O

they patched the hole in 1-3 real quick, their response time isnt really lacking when they see an actual clear and unintended issue, like the worm would be if it were an issue. idk what youre talking about w/ clouds in 2-3 (but the silence on 2-3 baubles is troubling).

Ayrilana.1396

there is a trap at the entrance. there are traps throughout the passage. they thought about you using it. and they said “well do what you want if you get past these obstacles” by not putting spike traps on the worms face.

is it intended for you to be kitten out at the usual spot? should you be kitten out at the beginning of the zone instead? we cannot say, and you cant put those words in the devs’ mouths unless and until they “fix” it.

o.O

they patched the hole in 1-3 real quick, their response time isnt really lacking when they see an actual clear and unintended issue, like the worm would be if it were an issue. idk what youre talking about w/ clouds in 2-3 (but the silence on 2-3 baubles is troubling).

Likewise, you can’t put words in devs’ mouths and say it’s supposed to be. It’s no different than me going into SAB, getting my camera zoomed out, and then going to WvW to take advantage of it thinking it’s legit because it hasn’t been fixed yet. Inaction does not mean something is right just as it doesn’t mean something is wrong.

It is tribulation mode so there’s nothing stopping them from trying to trick you for thinking you could take a shortcut to bypass the level.

nearlight.3064

Look I didn’t want to get rude Ayrilana, but you’re a close minded fool if you don’t at least try this shortcut out for yourself to see if and how it works.

Many people on this forum including myself have posted saying that that the shortcut does ideed work. Its just rather lag punishing, but on a computer with good interet speed simply hug the left wall of the worm and its extremely easy for moderatley skilled people.

If you don’t bother to try this shortcut after making such bold remarks, then you’re making yourself only look more misguided and uninformed.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Ayrilana.1396

Look I didn’t want to get rude Ayrilana, but you’re a close minded fool if you don’t at least try this shortcut out for yourself to see if and how it works.

Many people on this forum including myself have posted saying that that the shortcut does ideed work. Its just rather lag punishing, but on a computer with good interet speed simply hug the left wall of the worm and its extremely easy for moderatley skilled people.

If you don’t bother to try this shortcut after making such bold remarks, then you’re making yourself only look more misguided and uninformed.

Nowhere did I say that it couldn’t be done. I said it was likely it shouldn’t to be doable. There’s a big difference. Before attempting to insult me, perhaps you should consult the dictionary and then read my posts again. Thanks.

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Nowhere did I say that it couldn’t be done. I said it was likely it shouldn’t to be doable. There’s a big difference. Before attempting to insult me, perhaps you should consult the dictionary and then read my posts again. Thanks.

They wouldn’t put avoidable traps inside the worm if it was not supposed to be used. They would have just put a huge trap at the entrance in front instead of creating an obstacle course that a player can go through.
No matter how you look at it, it was intended to be doable.

Ayrilana.1396

They wouldn’t put avoidable traps inside the worm if it was not supposed to be used. They would have just put a huge trap at the entrance in front instead of creating an obstacle course that a player can go through.
No matter how you look at it, it was intended to be doable.

Unless they did not intend for you to get past the traps. This isn’t the first time people have found away around obstacles that were supposed to stop players.

Going by your logic, if they didn’t intend players to take the W2Z2 shortcut then they would’ve put up spike traps so you couldn’t get to it. However they did not put up traps and instead let you complete it which then ports you to the beginning after. They let you go through thinking you could take the shortcut and got “punished” for doing so. There’s no reason to think that they did not tempt you with the wurm shortcut and have it impassable near the end.

Only the devs know whether it was intended or not. They have not directly stated either direction. However, in the same thread about the eagle shortcut, it did appear that the dev seemed to be hinting that the wurm one was not intended to be doable.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: null.1298

null.1298

Unless they did not intend for you to get past the traps. This isn’t the first time people have found away around obstacles that were supposed to stop players.

Going by your logic, if they didn’t intend players to take the W2Z2 shortcut then they would’ve put up spike traps so you couldn’t get to it. However they did not put up traps and instead let you complete it which then ports you to the beginning after. They let you go through thinking you could take the shortcut and got “punished” for doing so. There’s no reason to think that they did not tempt you with the wurm shortcut and have it impassable near the end.

Only the devs know whether it was intended or not. They have not directly stated either direction. However, in the same thread about the eagle shortcut, it did appear that the dev seemed to be hinting that the wurm one was not intended to be doable.

I agree with the others. Based on actually trying out the shortcut, I think that it is supposed to work.

I really doubt that the Shortcut Worm is a case of players figuring out how to bypass intended design. The design of the jumps / obstacles in the Shortcut Worm are more a psychological deterrent, rather than a path made actually impossible (or even near impossible).

The Shortcut Worm looks hard, but the jumps are nowhere even near the max distance possible of a normal jump. All of the jumps actually have a pretty big margin for error.

If the design of Shortcut Worm was actually intended to be impossible, then the devs could have done what they did with Shortcut Eagle, and teleport the player back to the start of the map instead.

Similarly, the devs could have actually made the spike traps require a jump distance that is physically impossible, just like how most areas are blocked off in TM, forcing the player to take alternate routes.

I remember during the first SAB that Josh said on the forums that he had a dev tool to actually measure the distance of jumps by using colours. So if intended design was to make Shortcut Worm impossible, the devs would know that all the jumps they implemented into the Worm were actually doable (without even dodge jumping).

As far as I can tell, most signs point to the Shortcut Worm as being intended to be doable, just seemingly difficult enough to be deterring.

Beating the Shortcut Worm is not a case of using buggy mechanics, exploits, or similar methods. You can beat it entirely with just basic jumping.

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Shortcut-eagle-TM-bugged
Read through both of his answers again, if after doign that u still can’t see that the shortcut worm was intended to be doable then idk what else they could say to change your mind.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

insanemaniac.2456

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Shortcut-eagle-TM-bugged
Read through both of his answers again, if after doign that u still can’t see that the shortcut worm was intended to be doable then idk what else they could say to change your mind.

o thanks, wondered where those were

…yeah after reading those i dont see how you infer an indirect admission of the worm not working as intended, ayri. i just plainly dont see it.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If they implemented extra traps inside shortcut wurm, doesn’t that automatically mean that they clearly DID want to make it an alternative route? It’s just a very hard alternative.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Ayrilana.1396

If the design of Shortcut Worm was actually intended to be impossible, then the devs could have done what they did with Shortcut Eagle, and teleport the player back to the start of the map instead.

The eagle transported you there and the wurm is essentially a passage. Doing the same thing wasn’t possible.

Beating the Shortcut Worm is not a case of using buggy mechanics, exploits, or similar methods. You can beat it entirely with just basic jumping.

In Arah, you can bypass a lot of the level by using basic jumping. Whether you can do something with basic jumping does not mean something is intended. I am not saying taking the wurm shortcut is an exploit.

Yes, that was the thread I’ve been talking about. Maybe you should re-read it as well? Nowhere does he say it was intended.

That entire thread is about how the eagle shortcut is not intended. The dev responded because it would not be very justice-y. Someone then brought up that the wurm has a strong sense of indigestion. which the dev agreed. Based on what the thread was about, you could assume that the it wasn’t intended since the wurm has a strong sense of indigestion that was supposed to prevent you similar to the justice with the eagle.

There was no direct response from the dev, yes. That does not mean it was an admission that it’s intended. I don’t see why they would allow one shortcut and not the other.

If they implemented extra traps inside shortcut wurm, doesn’t that automatically mean that they clearly DID want to make it an alternative route? It’s just a very hard alternative.

Unless you weren’t intended to get past them. That’s what part of my argument is about.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Except there’s obvious patterns and a viable way to do it. If it weren’t intended, they would have made it a LOT harder to get through, i.e. having to abuse the engine to get past…which you don’t need to do. It’s just timing and careful movement.

There’s more evidence that you’re meant to be able to do it than there’s not. There’s also death traps on the platform AFTER you exit the shortcut wurm that you can only reach by completing it. If they intended no-one to beat it, they wouldn’t have put traps on a platform you can only reach after completing it anyway.

There’s also a really logical reason as to why they didn’t allow the eagle. It’s harder to make more difficult than the wurm is and the world 2 zones are significantly larger. The eagle cuts out a huge part of zone 2, and the wurm doesn’t cut that large a portion out of zone 2 of world 1.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

The eagle transported you there and the wurm is essentially a passage. Doing the same thing wasn’t possible.

In Arah, you can bypass a lot of the level by using basic jumping. Whether you can do something with basic jumping does not mean something is intended. I am not saying taking the wurm shortcut is an exploit.

Yes, that was the thread I’ve been talking about. Maybe you should re-read it as well? Nowhere does he say it was intended.

That entire thread is about how the eagle shortcut is not intended. The dev responded because it would not be very justice-y. Someone then brought up that the wurm has a strong sense of indigestion. which the dev agreed. Based on what the thread was about, you could assume that the it wasn’t intended since the wurm has a strong sense of indigestion that was supposed to prevent you similar to the justice with the eagle.

There was no direct response from the dev, yes. That does not mean it was an admission that it’s intended. I don’t see why they would allow one shortcut and not the other.

Unless you weren’t intended to get past them. That’s what part of my argument is about.

The guy is pretty clearly agreeing with that the worm doesn’t have the same sense of justice.

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

The devs answer was pretty clear, he was asked if the worm had no sense of “justice” which was what prevented the player from using the eagle and he agreed. It’s just a matter of putting 2+2 together.
Besides having the worm work makes the players think the eagle should too, leading to them trying to use it and getting trolled, if the worm was disabled by traps most ppl wouldn’t try to use the eagle and it would make the trolling expected.

As for you saying the worm and the eagle work differently, they don’t. Both transport you from the regular route into a special place, that at the end drops you off at a different location that you previously were, the only difference is that you actually walk from place A to B inside the worm and the eagle is time-based, but both have the same “loading screen” at the beggining and the end which leads to believe that they could’ve simply made the worm drop you off at the beggining, like the eagle, if that was their intention.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

It’d be funny if they left all the current traps in the worm, but completely covered the ground you land on when you get out with spikes.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

To the OP: This sounds like a latency issue.

To the rest of the thread: I think this whole thing is a case of people reading way too far into a light-hearted comment about eagles and justice.

Shortcut Worm can be used as a shortcut in Tribulation Mode. Shortcut Eagle cannot.

nearlight.3064

To the OP: This sounds like a latency issue.

To the rest of the thread: I think this whole thing is a case of people reading way too far into a light-hearted comment about eagles and justice.

Shortcut Worm can be used as a shortcut in Tribulation Mode. Shortcut Eagle cannot.

it was a latency issue! thanks for clarifying!

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..