Achievements from World 1 Open Again?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Achievement hunter here!

I really want to know if we are going to be able to do the old achievements (as well as get the title of Distinction in Applied Jumping). It’s one of the only group of achievements I missed out on, basically because the Devs were saying that the Adventure Box was coming back.

I assumed that the achievements would come back too. But I realized after it left, that that may have been a bad thing to assume.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Posted by: Auron.9812

Auron.9812

I assumed the same and i wonder if i will be able to complete the set of achievements for world 1

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I remember them saying yes to achievements in future releases, should be somewhere in the archived forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/sab

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I didn’t quite get my title (was one or two achieves away) so I’m hoping they allow us to work on our old ones.

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

+1 to this. I want this as well and if possible the mini’s from the previous edition. I missed out unfortunately and would love to have the opportunity to do get them nontheless! I don’t see a reason why not, but hey, that’s me!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I also hope the achievements for world 1 will be open again. I didn’t do SAB at all last time. Didn’t have much time to play in April. Hope to get a chance and play again..

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

The original SAB achievement list will return, along with a new, separate achievement list for world 2.

There may even be a new special surprise for folks who finished the original list of achievements (which will also be available for folks who finish the original list while it is available)…

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Hmm… guessing that means a new meta. And the reward is… SAB Home Console? Infinite Princess Tonic? BEES?!

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The original SAB achievement list will return, along with a new, separate achievement list for world 2.

There may even be a new special surprise for folks who finished the original list of achievements (which will also be available for folks who finish the original list while it is available)…

Ho SNAP!!! thank you for bringing SAB! Scarlet was the biggest disappointment in all GW2, SAB was the biggest surprise! The wounds may heal if Scarlet is retconned out forever!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well that means achievements for the new hard mode More to try to get in the two/four weeks its out.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Auron.9812

Auron.9812

This is wonderful! Thanks for the consideration and for answering us so fast!!!

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

Hmm… guessing that means a new meta. And the reward is… SAB Home Console? Infinite Princess Tonic? BEES?!

Beads?

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

A home console would be so full of win. I’m not getting my hopes up though.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

a home console for your home district would be Rad. I don’t even care if I didn’t get skins/bubble baubles from it. It’d just be cool to have and maybe play through once in awhile.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Why you be teasing me Arenanet! Tell me the surprise already!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ho SNAP!!! thank you for bringing SAB! Scarlet was the biggest disappointment in all GW2, SAB was the biggest surprise! The wounds may heal if Scarlet is retconned out forever!

That moment when Scarlet shows up inside the SAB…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

I can’t wait for the return of SAB!! Hurry!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m guessing that the “special reward” for completing all the World 1 achievements is a Mini Moto.

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

That moment when Scarlet shows up inside the SAB…

I joked about this in an Overflow earlier. BUT… it shouldn’t be too hard for Scarlet to appear in Super Adventure Box, seeing as how she attacks “Worlds” (See the message you get when you enter an overflow late).

Posted by: Narg.2954

Narg.2954

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Woohooo! Makes me a very happen young man! Missed out on it so I wanna give it a go this time! Only heard good comments so I’m super stoked! Thanks!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

As much as I am not a big fan of Jumping Puzzles, I have to say that I am kind of glad the last two Living Stories didn’t have any Jumping Puzzles and looking forward to this one. So far I like the idea of having JP LS and other LS separate.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

personaly i realy dont like that these acheivments are comeing back coz it feel like you are be-littleing my past acheivments i put in the work when it was around and got all those acheivments when i was suposed to if others missed out coz they droped the ball or just plain couldnt be botherd first time round they don’t deserve a second chance now that acheivment points are actualy worth something

there are certain acheivments i didnt get and will never have the chance to get again and i can live with that but if your gona bring these ones back to give others a chance why not do it with all the past acheivments

of course we all know that will never happen so why do it this one time i say no exceptions you snooze you lose you dont deserve a second chance to get past AP you missed out on

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I don’t mind this but dont let them get a second chance for the title Destinction in applied jumping.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

personaly i realy dont like that these acheivments are comeing back coz it feel like you are be-littleing my past acheivments i put in the work when it was around and got all those acheivments when i was suposed to if others missed out coz they droped the ball or just plain couldnt be botherd first time round they don’t deserve a second chance now that acheivment points are actualy worth something

there are certain acheivments i didnt get and will never have the chance to get again and i can live with that but if your gona bring these ones back to give others a chance why not do it with all the past acheivments

of course we all know that will never happen so why do it this one time i say no exceptions you snooze you lose you dont deserve a second chance to get past AP you missed out on

That post reeks of desperation to distinguish oneself. I have all the SAB 1 achievements and would like nothing better than for new players to receive the same opportunity to challenge themselves with this content.

Buying the game first does not make you a better player or person; achievement points should reflect your progress and ability, not when you bought or played the game.

Zaxares.5419

^ I completely agree. If a player put in the same effort to get a title as you did by completing all the achievements for World 1, why shouldn’t they be entitled to wear it too? Posts like the two above Leablo’s remind me so much of jerks who say, "OK, I got my title/mini/reward. Now close off the content so that only I can have it and I can lord my “specialness” over other players."

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

^ It is a form of prestige, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. While I’m happy that others now can access the content and get the achievements, there should be recognition for those of us there first.

After all, if not for those that played it and enjoyed it originally, it wouldn’t have enjoyed the support and success it did, and the subsequent motivation to bring it back because of that popularity.

Some recognition for that would be nice.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

That post reeks of desperation to distinguish oneself. I have all the SAB 1 achievements and would like nothing better than for new players to receive the same opportunity to challenge themselves with this content.

Buying the game first does not make you a better player or person; achievement points should reflect your progress and ability, not when you bought or played the game.

Seeing as how I dislike time-gated content, I actually see this as a VERY GOOD MOVE ON ANET’s PART!

And yeah, I already have them all…and I still don’t mind that others get them too.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

This makes me very happy.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Thanks, only thing I didn’t do was infantile mode. Would hate being punished for not doing the easy mode :S

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

ITT: tears flow from those who want to be special snowflakes

personaly i realy dont like that these acheivments are comeing back coz it feel like you are be-littleing my past acheivments

I don’t mind this but dont let them get a second chance for the title Destinction in applied jumping.

WhileI’m happy that others now can access the content and get the achievements, there should be recognition for those of us who were there first.

Keep crying >:3

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

(edited by Piogre.2164)

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

^ It is a form of prestige, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. While I’m happy that others now can access the content and get the achievements, there should be recognition for those of us there first.

After all, if not for those that played it and enjoyed it originally, it wouldn’t have enjoyed the support and success it did, and the subsequent motivation to bring it back because of that popularity.

I played SAB when it came out in April and got all the achievements/skins/title.

However, what you’re saying here basically is: “We’re the reason that you new players can play SAB, so please, acknowledge that I’m special and that if it weren’t for me finding delight in this content, you wouldn’t be enjoying it right now.” “You’re new, and I’m better than you”.

This is so childish, elitist, and is (as others above have mentioned) a desperate attempt for attention and glory.

Content released and re-released into the game is there for the enjoyment of old and new players alike. What Anet is doing here is a good step forward in not punishing new/existing players who unfortunately weren’t around for some time-gated content.

Boo to you.

Zaxares.5419

I can see where you’re coming from, but I still disagree with it. (And this is speaking as someone who got Distinction in Applied Jumping when the SAB first came out too.)

To my mind, the fact that SAB is coming back is reward in itself for those of us who sang its praises and wanted it to come back, bigger and better. Those of us who got the title the first time had the benefit of 4 – 5 months to wear our “Distinction” title, when no one else had it. The way I see it, it’s not much different to the people who had the unlimited tools when they first came out, fielding questions from newbies who said “Woah, how does your pick have fire?!” Now the tools are available again, but we still had our “headstart”. It’s now time for the newer players or those who missed out the first time to have their go.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: nicoper.3215

nicoper.3215

I completed it and got my title last time, so new rewards for me? :P

This signature is awesome!

Posted by: TheProcreator.9583

TheProcreator.9583

I can’t +1 hard enough!

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I got all the achievements and title the first time around, but I’m glad others who didn’t will still have a chance to.