Associate of Baubles world 2

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Just want developers to notice this, so I wrote to this subforum too. Associate of Baubles world 2 is bugged. I did it exactly by Dulfy’s guide. I am 100% sure I got all baubles and chests. Please, check if is it working or not. This is not funny at all

Posted by: JumpyMonkey.1895

JumpyMonkey.1895

Did you collect any of the required baubles while your bauble bag was full? I think there is a bug related to that, if you don’t mind trying again, try to keep your bauble count under 250. I hope that works!

Mortifer.2946

My bag can have 500 baubles. I did have more than 250 but less than 500. Could that be problem? Thanks for response!

JumpyMonkey.1895

I think its worth a shot. I wasn’t able to get Master of Baubles for world 2 even after the patch that was suppose to fix it but I tried again, I did a run keeping my bauble count low and got the achievement that time. I have no idea if it really matters but I also recommend doing it solo.

Mortifer.2946

I did it solo before. And okay, I will try it tomorrow I guess. If it won’t work, well, i can live with that. It doesn’t even feel like an achievement IMO.

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

I can confirm that this achievement is not bugged; just checked it myself.

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

I did it exactly by Dulfy’s guide. I am 100% sure I got all baubles and chests.

Same here, except I did it on normal mode instead of infantile. After the boss died and the counter ticked down, I got no achievement. Two hours for naught.

Bauble bag wasn’t full at any time (and even if so, why should that impede progress?).

There are people on dulfy’s site reporting the same problems, both people who followed the video and people who followed the screenshots. That leaves three possibilities:

• there are weird circumstances where the achievement is not awarded despite getting all the baubles.
  • dulfy has screwed up and is missing a bauble both from the video and from the screenshots.
  • Multiple people were too stupid to follow a straightforward, numbered guide. Which I would consider pretty plausible, if I wasn’t one of them

Vince, can you confirm whether or not there are exactly 63 bauble pickups to be acquired? Just to rule out problem number 2.

And can I ask again for a bauble counter to be implemented ingame? I hate having to resort to external walkthroughs, but having to end the zone to check your progress wastes just too much time in trial&error for me to try.

Mortifer.2946

Hmm, as you can see, I am not the only one. It seems that this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jxMb2jbAplA is outdated. Maybe there was some added treasure chest or bauble somewhere in the zone. Is it possible?

Edit: Maybe problem is that I cannot get Associate of Secrets in the same run with Associate of Baubles.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Posted by: Larkir.6502

Larkir.6502

I have the exact same problem. Followed every step of dulfy’s guide and did it on normal mode. I don’t know if dulfy’s guide is outdated (Did you add baubles to the level, ArenaNet?), because loads of people seem to have this exact problem after following that guide.

Edit: Maybe problem is that I cannot get Associate of Secrets in the same run with Associate of Baubles.

Or maybe this might be the source of the bug (If it is a bug). I tried doing these two achievements in the same run, and only got Associate of Secrets.

(edited by Larkir.6502)

Posted by: Jillian Dark.7509

Jillian Dark.7509

I just had the same issue, followed the guide and did not get the achievement. I could swear I didn’t miss any baubles…

Edit: Just did it again and made sure my bauble bag wasn’t full at any time. Worked just fine then.

(edited by Jillian Dark.7509)

JumpyMonkey.1895

Bauble bag wasn’t full at any time (and even if so, why should that impede progress?).

Because its possibly a bug, something can seem completely unrelated but still impede progress for the other thing. It might not even affect everyone, I just know that I was not able to get the achievement but then I tried a solo run keeping my baubles low and I was able to get the achievement. Maybe its not where the bug is but I’m just going off my experience and hoping it helps other people.

Posted by: Tau Quaon.5041

Tau Quaon.5041

My friend and I followed dulfy’s guide to get all baubles and find all hidden rooms in world 2 zone 1. In the end I got bot achievements but my friend didn’t get Associate of Baubles. We were extremely careful not to miss a single bauble. Hope this helps with determining if it’s bugged or not.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I ran into a similar bug with Master of Baubles. I collected ever single one according to the guides that people had confirmed were accurate, but I didn’t get the achievement. However, I did not have maxed out baubles like others had stated the problem was. I haven’t retried it yet to see if I can get it to work, will probably do it again during the week or something.

I did forget to bring my infinite continue coin that run, but I doubt that would have been the issue.

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

How sure are you? Just because some people can get it, does not mean there is no bug.

A few weeks ago, before the world 1 equivalent was found to be bugged and then patched, our guild did a run through it. 2 of us got it and 2 of us did not, including myself. I was the one showing everybody where the baubles were. I made sure that we stuck together.

Later a bug was found and there was a patch, but I have not retried; could not be bothered.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I just got it. Did it via Dulfy guide and got Baubles and Secrets in the same run. Secrets will trigger when you discover the last room, Bauble Achievement triggers when defeating the Boss. So the guide definitely includes all baubles.

Mortifer.2946

Then it’s just like some of the achievements from Aetherblade Retreat. They just sometimes decided not to show up even though you were eligible to get them. I hope I will get it on the second try, otherwise massive QQing will come to this topic from my side

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For those who are not getting the achievement, have you completed the achievement before on that character while it was still bugged? If so, try doing it again on a fresh character that has not attempted the achievement before. I have heard stories before of achievements getting bugged when a particular character has done the achievement before, but it failed to register.

Posted by: NinjaRobot.4635

NinjaRobot.4635

With so many ppl not recieving achievments for an obviously bugged W2 why would anet insist its not bugged. Add a bauble counter just like the one for the shops or remove it from the game. Seems like the right thing to do unless the goal is to annoy the people trying to do it.

Larkir.6502

How can you say that? Just because you managed to get it doesn’t mean there’s not a bug under certain circumstances, whatever they might be. If you read what people have been saying here, some people did indeed get the achievement after taking all the baubles while others didn’t, even though they picked up the same ones. Clearly there is something wrong here.

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

Posted by: Miz.2761

Miz.2761

I was able to do it with Dulfy’s guide 2 days ago. When I did 2-1 I missed some baubles, it really helped me to number them as I got him (like he does in the video).

Mortifer.2946

I was able to do it with Dulfy’s guide 2 days ago. When I did 2-1 I missed some baubles, it really helped me to number them as I got him (like he does in the video).

Dulfy is a woman I think

Posted by: Nightchill.3250

Nightchill.3250

This is just ridiculous. I’ve done world 2 zone 1 three times and I didn’t get the baubles achievement. Then I did zone 2 and I got all except the bauble achievement. I wrote a ticket and all I got was “please wait bla bla”. I followed the dulfy guide and I am sure I took all (and many people got the achivs following the guide). I want the title and this whole thing ends in less than a week. Also I don’t really feel like it’s fair for me to do it again…

Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

Dulfy is a woman I think

Not necessarily, just because Dulfy plays a female character, does not mean he/she is a female in real life. Do you know how many guys play female characters? There’s really no way to know without asking Dulfy.

Larkir.6502

Dulfy is a woman I think

Not necessarily, just because Dulfy plays a female character, does not mean he/she is a female in real life. Do you know how many guys play female characters? There’s really no way to know without asking Dulfy.

Her twitter account has a female name.. But why does it matter anyway? This is very off topic. What matters is we all followed Dulfy’s guide; some didn’t get the achievement while others did. Let’s keep the conversation about that instead of making it into a discussion about who the creator of the guide is.

Posted by: Nightchill.3250

Nightchill.3250

OK update: did it again, keeping baubles low and I managed to get it for both zone 1 and 2. So got it the 4th time in zone 1 and 2nd in zone 2… Wasted time is wasted….Well at least I got em now.

Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

thanks for confirming it’s working though! tried it last night, aaaaaaaand didn’t get it. :// i assumed i missed one somewhere. will try again. missing 2 achieves for meta. the banana one and then probs this. i like to clear all achieves, but not even gonna try for z2 and z3 (z2 i did) but then at the end, i opened the checkpoint before you go back to shortcut eagle and was like dangit. and then stopped. lol

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall