Bauble Bubble changes?

Bauble Bubble changes?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Adonai.4230

Adonai.4230

So last night I logged onto my main and ran the first 3 levels to get back into the swing of things and I got the usual 6 bauble bubbles. Then I log onto an alt today to run the first 3 levels again, finish the first boss and then I notice I didn’t get any bauble bubbles.

So I decided to run the second level to confirm, and again no bauble bubbles. Anyone else notice this?

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

Once per day per account…..

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Adonai.4230

Adonai.4230

I see it in the patch notes now, previously looked over it. Thought it was just for dig spots

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

How tedious. I guess they don’t want people to be able to get the skins they want then.

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

World 1+2 yield 12 BB, +standard baubles to convert. You can get the skin you want in the horrifying long time of 4 days. Overreacting, much?

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

World 1+2 yield 12 BB, +standard baubles to convert. You can get the skin you want in the horrifying long time of 4 days. Overreacting, much?

If you can even complete World 2. It is quite the effort in frustration.

A more realistic solution is completing W1, which is 6 per day, or around 8 days for 1 skin. If you do it everyday, maybe 3 skins in the month it is out.

Or you can hand over your gold to the TP Cartel, who is happily exploiting the low quantity of skins for resale value.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

If you can even complete World 2. It is quite the effort in frustration.

A more realistic solution is completing W1, which is 6 per day, or around 8 days for 1 skin. If you do it everyday, maybe 3 skins in the month it is out.

Or you can hand over your gold to the TP Cartel, who is happily exploiting the low quantity of skins for resale value.

That is, if you actually know how to kill that frog solo. Which I don’t.

So, that’s 4 “easy” ones, and 2 from the various chests and digs. 6 per day. After that, you’ll need to grind chests (not digs, those are daily too). And grind more chests. If you want all skins, you’ll need between 15 and 20 each day (depending if you play every single day or leave a few days out).

Yes, this change is really to make us stop farming…

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

How tedious. I guess they don’t want people to be able to get the skins they want then.

Welcome to the new Anet logic…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The frog has a very predictable attack pattern.

1. When he looks at his right foot, he will stomp with his right foot.
2. When he looks at his left, he will stomp with his left.
3. When he looks down, he will stomp with both.

When he does these, in the time interval when he is “looking” hit his pendant to create jewels. Pick one up, and hide in the lilypads where the shockwaves don’t reach you.

Then when he looks left/right/left, he will then open his mouth. Toss the jewel into his mouth. Then he will be “dazed” and you will be able to damage him. If you fail, he’ll do a tongue-sweep if, timed right, you can simply dodge through.

Happy hunting.

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The frog has a very predictable attack pattern.

1. When he looks at his right foot, he will stomp with his right foot.
2. When he looks at his left, he will stomp with his left.
3. When he looks down, he will stomp with both.

When he does these, in the time interval when he is “looking” hit his pendant to create jewels. Pick one up, and hide in the lilypads where the shockwaves don’t reach you.

Then when he looks left/right/left, he will then open his mouth. Toss the jewel into his mouth. Then he will be “dazed” and you will be able to damage him. If you fail, he’ll do a tongue-sweep if, timed right, you can simply dodge through.

Happy hunting.

I know how it works. But my timing is always off. I always get killed by the waves and tongues. Not even going to try it. I’d rather do what ANet doesn’t want me to do, farm levels 1 and 2 with stray bubbles. Or rather, that’s what they do want me to do…

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I know how it works. But my timing is always off. I always get killed by the waves and tongues. Not even going to try it. I’d rather do what ANet doesn’t want me to do, farm levels 1 and 2 with stray bubbles. Or rather, that’s what they do want me to do…

Well, if you can’t time your dodges, you can, as I said, stay on the small lilypads when the frog does his shockwaves, so you don’t have to dodge at all. Just go in when he’s peering down, hit a few times, and skedaddle away when he stomps. Come back, pick up the jewel, run away again. Then when he opens his mouth, toss it in and you don’t have to dodge.

You can beat the Frog without a single dodge. Good luck.

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Try that guide.

Basically how I do it. Except I can’t dodge the tongue attack. Lucky he won’t do it enough to kill you.

Just stand on the opposite lily pads and screw trying to dodge.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Skins. Not skin. Skins means more than one. The s on the end makes it a plural. Unable to read, much?

Bauble Bubble changes?

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

It was fun when the SAB came out, I managed to get the first tier skins for my little asura. WAS happy when they introduced the rest of the weapons with this update, sucks that it came to this.

ANet’s Logic doesn’t quite make sense, why change this and turn it into frustration for some players, for an item that is account bound? It doesn’t make sense at all.

The change should be reverted imo.