Bauble Checklist for W2 Z3 (Storm Top)

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Thanks for pointing out the dig spots but this is for the bauble achievement.

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Area 3
Look down over the far edge to the left of the uppermost Teleporter’s platform, and you’ll see a long drop down inbetween the walls, with a [YELLOW BAUBLE] at the bottom. Falling down here will lead you to an interior area patrolled by a few Polar Bears and a Banana at the very bottom.

Digspot for 20 baubles.

Attachments:

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

So, hows the search going? Any word on if we’re missing something or if there’s a bug yet?

Posted by: Thund.2795

Thund.2795

At the beginning of Area 6 there is another gatekeeper (on the right) but it seems an exit, I think the bauble is inside but I don’t know how to open..

Posted by: Estevan.4065

Estevan.4065

Plz Josh, any word of advice?

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Did anyone try blind whipping through that gatekeeper and walls just hoping they’d snag a bauble that may or may not be in range or existance on the other side?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: TFMurphy.5136

TFMurphy.5136

The first Blue Bauble of Area 3 has had me whipping unsuspecting rocks for days now. Having a bauble half-sticking out of a rock is pretty bad, but it also means that there could theoretically be a bauble completely embedded in a rock. You don’t need LOS to whip a bauble (the 2nd Blue Bauble of Area 3 can be whipped through the wall without jumping around the corner), so it’s definitely a possibility. Of course, if there is a bauble hidden in this way, then it’s (probably unintentionally) bad design and should be fixed.

I also do not think there are any baubles behind the Gatekeeper we cannot open. Invisible teleporters, however, bring up a rather uncomfortable possibility, especially given that we know of two teleport instances in Zone 3 already (including burning an Ice Wall from the inside).

If inspiration strikes you, then feel free to search possible leads further. But please don’t get burned out on this — we already know they’re looking into this, and there’s enough bugs reported about current SAB that we can expect some changes before the content leaves this month.

Posted by: Chan.5489

Chan.5489

Did anyone try blind whipping through that gatekeeper and walls just hoping they’d snag a bauble that may or may not be in range or existance on the other side?

Yh i tried all i could think of to get it open. Using the glove and jumping at the same time, looking away from the gate and using the glove, played all the whistle songs, threw bombs and used the slingshot, tried to use a key on it and tried to use the whip blindly. None lead to any results

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Yh i tried all i could think of to get it open. Using the glove and jumping at the same time, looking away from the gate and using the glove, played all the whistle songs, threw bombs and used the slingshot, tried to use a key on it and tried to use the whip blindly. None lead to any results

Have…you tried the torch, or the elite thing? Just wondering if it’s something weird/insane like that.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Have...you tried the torch, or the elite thing? Just wondering if it’s something weird/insane like that.

Moto’s giving someone the Finger...

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Have…you tried the torch, or the elite thing? Just wondering if it’s something weird/insane like that.

Yup, tried the Elite, and every single other skill, as well as a key, on that door. Taken small steps while using the whip, then repeating the process while jumping, then repeating the process while standing “glitched” on the tiny tiny lip that you for some reason can stand on. Tried doing it in reverse, as in my back turned to it, reaching for straws, hoping the game would think I’m inside, and what not. There doesn’t seem to be any reasonable way to get behind that door.

You can use the invisible teleport inside the Gatekeeper following the next checkpoint, then hop over to the snowy platform towards the path you just came from, a huge cloud is blocking you and there’s also otherwise invisible walls around there. So it would seem it requires you to access it before we reach it, somehow. Starting to think it’s simply a erroneous re-used asset, that there was never any way to reach it, nor to open it. That or the path to get to it has in some way or form been bugged. I’ve also tried bombing every single wall and floor inside the maze leading to the ice shattering song, tried standing in every part of the floors there, tried playing every song, nothing. Oh, and of course tried to use the ice shattering song on the entire ice rink where the Bananas you got to kill before the doorway opens to the ice shattering song location. And I mean take 2-3 steps, play song 3-4 times, repeat, the entire ice rink.. that took a while. Nothing. Tried killing every enemy (but the last boss) then backtracking to see if anything had opened, nothing.

It’s just getting frustrating.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Ayrilana.1396

I did last night since I had to do that for the bauble in the spike room in TM. Unfortunately it didn’t connect with anything.

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Like you guys, I’ve been having a look at ways to get through that Gatekeeper, and so far, no luck. There are a couple of other spots we could check again.

The cave that you bomb open before the first polar bear is still weirdly empty, even if there isn’t anything visible in the sealed off area behind it.

Shortly after the first polar bear, when you’re going around the outside of the rocks, if you keep your camera flat, you can see there’s a ‘window’ beneath the jumpable areas. I don’t think this is reachable through any obvious methods though.

When you first encounter the Q*bert puzzle, there’s a small alcove below and to the left. If you look up inside, you can see there’s an area you could potentially drop down from.

And of course there’s that kitten ed Gatekeeper, which feels like it’s the last place.

Beyond that, I guess we know that any bombable wall is going to lead to a passage, as we’ve completed the secret areas section. The yellow bauble that requires a dodge-jump (near the end, above the final frozen bridge) does set a worrying precedent though; there are some areas that would involve dodge-jumping to reach that are going to be very hard to test exhaustively.

If we were to get to the other side of that Gatekeeper, I think it seems more likely that we’d be dropping to it than climbing, given what you can see inside, but it’s hard to say. There certainly isn’t any obvious way to get above it and come back down (I’ve tried dodge-jumping at the top of the sloped face in the backtracking route that starts opposite the gatekeeper; maybe someone better at it can see if they can get higher there?)

Absconditus.6804

Shortly after the first polar bear, when you’re going around the outside of the rocks, if you keep your camera flat, you can see there’s a ‘window’ beneath the jumpable areas. I don’t think this is reachable through any obvious methods though.

There are several of these openings in the walls littered all over the place. Those seem to be mainly just re-used assets that could perhaps have been rotated differently to not be in view, but weren’t. I’ve gotten inside a couple of these openings far below the map, dropping down into them, and they’ve always been empty, nothing inside, and actually no way of getting out of them either, since there’s nothing to hop up on to get out of the opening from the inside. Always required me to dig up bunnies, and hope they start attacking me, because in some of these rooms, they seem to not be aware of my existence.

Edit: Fun fact about the sloped face you’re mentioning, jump off to “your death” beside that one, and you’ll simply fall all the way to the bottom of the map, without dying. You can move towards the nearest “mountain” to get yourself killed, or you can run around it if you want to explore more down there. Another quirky “bug” in the zone I guess.

Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

For those who found area 6 suspicious. If you are facing the hole down, on your left, the gatekeeper can be opened with flute (even though you can see that fist sign). I used this path to go out and get the key (which connect to the ice spike room).

On the other, the gatekeeper cannot be opened. If you can jump on the lips of the gatekeeper (beside the slanted), you are unlikely to be able to make them open its mouth.

For those holes which is right at the top, or places with holes, one of them can be reached but there is nothing inside. While the others are just unreachable. Since it’s right at the top and there’s no opening.

Well. This are what I have observed for doing countless hours of jump. Anyway, I think let’s just wrap this up. Until Anet respond, that 5 achievement point is really not worth the while. At least that’s what I felt. You can still get the kittene by just completing any of the other 13.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Chiming in. Did this on normal mode and didn’t get it either. In the very least, I’m gonna compile a video of the current ones we know of.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah. Doesn’t work on Infantile, Normal, and Tribulation. Using a continue, doing it on a new character, and zoning in from zone 2 for the first time doesn’t matter either.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Would be nice if Josh could tell us if it’s bugged, or if we simply overlooked a bauble.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Ayrilana.1396

Would be nice if Josh could tell us if it’s bugged, or if we simply overlooked a bauble.

He would if he could as would a lot of other devs. Their hands are tied unfortunately.

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

He would if he could as would a lot of other devs. Their hands are tied unfortunately.

How? He’s communicated numerous times on this forum about all aspects of the SAB, including bugs and suggestions on how to get certain achievements. Devs also ask constantly when we say we found what could be a bug, where it was, they’ll look into it, etc. Why would he not be reply here?

My guess is that he’s busy, I doubt he’s sitting at his desk wanting to tell us all that it’s bugged or he’s looking into it but he’s not allowed to.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Color me surprised. I get it though, and it makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

Still doesn’t explain why Vince (for example, the other other dev I’ve noticed as active in this sub forum) couldn’t give us a heads up about it. Nothing you linked says somehow devs aren’t allowed to interact with us at all. I’m sure it’s encouraged when time permits (which is enforced by what you shared). I think they’re just busy, but hey it wouldn’t take long to just say they’re looking into it. Who knows.

Since they read pretty much all of the forums I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some more fixes added on for the big patch on the 17th. We know SAB is here until the end of the month, so it doesn’t really need to happen before then.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: prowler.4530

prowler.4530

Just tried it again post-patch…… still bugged. (kinda figured that was going to be the case)

Posted by: WoooTzZ.3807

WoooTzZ.3807

Josh can’t talk – if you read his blog he’s been talking in a way that his superiors think will reflect ANet badly so he’s not allowed to post without people reviewing what he’s going to write.

Very stupid of ANet… But I’ve just told you this so you know there most likely won’t be a response from Josh.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Josh can’t talk – if you read his blog he’s been talking in a way that his superiors think will reflect ANet badly so he’s not allowed to post without people reviewing what he’s going to write.

Very stupid of ANet… But I’ve just told you this so you know there most likely won’t be a response from Josh.

Beyond stupid. It shows just how little a grip on reality they have. The lack of response usually CAUSES people to leave due to them not feeling like they’re being listened to. Hell, even if it’s only just 10 posts a day from each admin, it makes us feel like you’re listening to us.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: PBag.7450

PBag.7450

I can’t believe that it’s 5 days till the next living story patch and they STILL haven’t fixed this issue. They sure responded to the Super Adventure Boom Box posts in a flash.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s a pity Anet views Josh’s excellent feedback this way, but then again, perhaps that’s why a lot of other employees rarely post on the forums. I personally welcome such open and honest feedback from the developers to the players. But in the end, it’s Anet that has a final say in it. And they have allowed people like Josh a lot of freedom to express themselves in their work, which is a good thing. Lets try to see this from the bright side.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It’s a pity Anet views Josh’s excellent feedback this way, but then again, perhaps that’s why a lot of other employees rarely post on the forums. I personally welcome such open and honest feedback from the developers to the players. But in the end, it’s Anet that has a final say in it. And they have allowed people like Josh a lot of freedom to express themselves in their work, which is a good thing. Lets try to see this from the bright side.

there isnt really a bright side when someone gets censured for being too personable and has his coworkers jealous/scared.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Ayrilana.1396

Here are the screenshots of the baubles. People are more than welcome to use these for their guides.

One of the yellow baubles in Area 3 is listed twice to show where to drop down to it from the top. There are two images for the 6 baubles in Area 4 to show the baubles themselves and also to show where to bomb. There are 3 images for the baubles in Area 6 to show the two at the top, the two in the middle, and the one at the bottom.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_1
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_2
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_3
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_4
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_5
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_6
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_7
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_8
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gw2_w2z3_baubles/library/Area_9

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

These will be a great help.
However naturally a video guide would be even greater ^^ (I’m the type, which wants to see things in action hehe)

I really hope this achievement mystery will be solved soon.
Would like to be done with at least the normal SAB 2 part of achievements before the next patch comes on September 17th

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Ayrilana.1396

These will be a great help.
However naturally a video guide would be even greater ^^ (I’m the type, which wants to see things in action hehe)

I really hope this achievement mystery will be solved soon.
Would like to be done with at least the normal SAB 2 part of achievements before the next patch comes on September 17th

I could do a video play-through of me getting them but I’m not one to do all of the edits.

Orpheal.8263

What do you mean with edits ? You mean such thigns like dulfy does, like putting texts into the video and counters for spheres/hidden romms ect. ?

That are things just for convenience and not neccessary at all. it makes just things easier to follow, where you currently are and how much is still left to do, when you know how much you have to do of something, what is at the moment the problem of the achievement as we don’t actually know, what really the maximum is for the spheres ^^

For hidden rooms we already have a video guide from dulfy, but normally those guides show both achievements as you mostly have always to do the hidden rooms all too for getting all spheres

Orpheal.8263

I’VE FOUND IT!!!!

Look at THIS

AREA 1!! Theres a 3RD YELLOW SPHERE
And its not in the list !!

Picture 2 shows the place, its where the stump is and the racoon bos, right on the other side at the cliff

Attachments:

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

After picking it up and completing zone, did you get achievement?

CMF.5461

Nm, that bauble is on the list, you get it by dropping down into a secret wall across from it, and there is no way back up.

Orpheal.8263

After picking it up and completing zone, did you get achievement?

lol so far am i not, I just wanted to show that I found a 3rd yellow in area 1, am working right now on secrets achievement and on the course i try to collect all with the help of the pictures

Orpheal.8263

@ CMF,

No, this is not in the list!
Just look at the pictures from Ayrilana, which show all of the so far known spheres for Area 1.
The list states, that so far 2 yellow spheres have been found.

1 at that nose plateau and 1 at a tree.
Does this yellow sphere look to you like the one from that nose plateo or the tree from those 2 pictures made by Ayrilana??? No, its not, its clearly a 3rd yellow sphere at a total different place

Area 1
Our very first [BLUE BAUBLE] is right along the usual route, past what I’m going to call the Galekeeper for the rest of this thread.

Head up the giant head near the Owl tree to start with, then look back across the cliff. You can climb across some ledges to reach a [YELLOW BAUBLE]. < This is the one at the tree picture from Ayrilana

Then, if you climb back up to the top of the giant head and look down and to the right, you’ll see another [YELLOW BAUBLE] behind a tree. Drop down to grab it. < This is the one at the nose plateau where you have to jump to it

My 3rd yellow spheres is at a complete different place! Its behind a little forest/fences behind that place where these 2 hillbillies stand when you follow dulfies guide for hidden places.

More proof that my words are correct:

Yellow Sphere 1 and Yellow Sphere 2

Attachments:

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

CMF.5461

Go back to the first post on this thread and you will find it listed in there.

Area 2
The next part involves a row of four Galekeepers. There are [4 BLUE BAUBLES] dotting the path across to collect first. After you have them all, backtrack so that you’re between the first and second Galekeepers, and then drop off the ledge below for another [BLUE BAUBLE]. Then walk further in to drop down to a ledge that gives you a choice: drop forwards or drop left. Opening both Gatekeepers from the inside might count as individual Secrets, but for bauble purposes, we want to drop to the left. Open the Gatekeeper to reveal a [YELLOW BAUBLE] (the one visible from the Raccoon Stump, in case you were wondering how to get to it). However, I wasn’t able to find a way out of there without dying….

(edited by CMF.5461)

Orpheal.8263

Hmmpf, then this should be written under Area 1 as its clearly in Area 1 and not 2, even if you can get access to it only from Area 2 via Gatekeeper, otherwise its just confusing.

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not accessible in Area 1 which is why it was not put in that section. It would be more confusing to list it in Area 1 when there is no way to reach it until you’re in Area 2. The baubles are listed in the order that you will likely proceed to acquire them. The ones for Area 3 can be done in any order. One of the purple baubles in Area 3 can be done while in Area 2 but then you leave yourself stuck and have to make the climb again.

What do you mean with edits ? You mean such thigns like dulfy does, like putting texts into the video and counters for spheres/hidden romms ect. ?

Yes. That was what I was referring to. I would make a video except it’s not worth it to buy a program. The free ones all seem to be terrible.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Orpheal.8263

@Ayrilana:

I checked the spheres at Area 3, your spheres of picture 10 and 11 are ONE and THE SAME.

From 10 you just fall down to 11, 11 is the way you get there, if you follow dulfys guide for hidden rooms as you get there by going to hidden room 5/6

Absconditus.6804

Hmmpf, then this should be written under Area 1 as its clearly in Area 1 and not 2, even if you can get access to it only from Area 2 via Gatekeeper, otherwise its just confusing.

I too made note of that one in the previously attached .txt ’’guide’’ (as I mentioned before, there’s no reason to even look at that .txt file unless you just wish to compare notes) I had written as I was going through. Although I took a little bit of a different path from the written guide in this topic, we end up with the same exact number of baubles.

From the .txt

Use your Glove to push open the doorway, you can jump over to the left to find the Raccoon Kingpin and the Tree Stump. I do not believe you are required to kill him, nor destroy the tree stump, but I did this in my run. I recommend killing him using the slingshot, as it simplify the encounter greatly. (Note: You may spot the yellow bauble across the chasm here, but you can’t reach this yet, we will grab this later as we progress in the zone, by going through the mouth-wall behind it.)

I also list it after the next Checkpoint, as you can’t reach it before you go through that. I think it would be more confusing to list it for the previous Checkpoint, considering you can’t even get to it.

Seafarer’s Rest

Orpheal.8263

God I’m totally exhausted.. I really have made right now a 12 hour run through W2Z3 just to try to collect ALL of the spheres that have been collected here as data and I HAVE collected them really all… ALL, beaten the wizard at the end and naturally no achievement for spheres…

god I have even really tried hard to explore the most ridiculous spots if maybe somewhere is a last sphere hiding behind a wall that makes it impossible to see out from other angles of view and can be seen only, if you raly make such crazy jumps where normally nobody would think about, that it might be possible to jump to these places and outperformed my dodge jump skills for that par exellence to reach even the hardest spots afte some tries always on the hunt for monsters, because where monsters are, are normally also spheres not far away…

beanten all bananas i could find.. made at least with the run now the meta achievement and master of secrest succesfully.. need now to buy only the tote bag and im done with the upgrade achievement too and then is only master of spheres missing >.< (alone the thought of doing all this mess again for this achievement, OMG, I hope I’ll find a nice party, shoudl that achievement get fixed or we find finally the solution in a missing sphere that has been found and confirmed to be the right one …)

Trib was nothign against this 12h hell ride, I’m so sleepy, my figners hurt, my eyes burn, so sick this SAB, but at least 2 achievements richer and my achievement hunter heart is at least partwise very happy

PS: without eternal coin would have been all of this IMPOSSIBLE !

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

CMF.5461

Lol, welcome to the club and thanks for putting your effort into the search. I “just” logged out from wandering around in there too… No luck

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Absconditus.6804 you open that door next to the checkpoint by singing the flute song.
It’s an alternate way to get where you are without jumping along the mouth.. But you must do it before jumping down

If you need ill post some screenshot.

I didn’t realise that this post was here.. I’ll match it up with my findings and tally them up.. I’m sure together we can find them all

Posted by: Niodyne.7085

Niodyne.7085

They’re probably just rolling the SAB updates into the Sept. 17th patch. No need to waste any more time on it, just patiently wait and see what we get then.

Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804 you open that door next to the checkpoint by singing the flute song.
It’s an alternate way to get where you are without jumping along the mouth.. But you must do it before jumping down

If you need ill post some screenshot.

I didn’t realise that this post was here.. I’ll match it up with my findings and tally them up.. I’m sure together we can find them all

Not sure which door you’re talking about right now. Feel free to go step by step though, following my little write-up on all orbs and secret rooms that I could find, pretty sure whichever door you are referring to, is covered there —It would be a waste of time however, since it simply covers all known orbs, and the tally of them matched perfectly with the one posted at the start of this topic as well, although we’ve picked them up differently.

There’s simply one door I am not sure about how to open, which is the one to the right of the third chest in the zone. The left one opposite of it (perhaps you’re talking about this one?), opens with the Gatekeeper’s Lullaby and allows you to backtrack down into the iced over spike-floored hallway (where you’ll come out opposite of the Gatekeeper door you can open to reach the ice shattering song). Alternatively, you can use this Gatekeeper door, by heading to the right out of it, in order to reach the iced slope leading up to checkpoint #6 a bit further up than the drop by the chest allows for (also where you’d hop up in order to backtrack in this part of the zone).

Nobody has seemingly found a way behind the door on the right of the chest though, and nobody has reported being able to open it otherwise.

Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Video of the currently known baubles for whoever wanted it.

http://youtu.be/7m92jA7g0Cg

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

@Ayrilana:

I checked the spheres at Area 3, your spheres of picture 10 and 11 are ONE and THE SAME.

From 10 you just fall down to 11, 11 is the way you get there, if you follow dulfys guide for hidden rooms as you get there by going to hidden room 5/6

this thread definitely had all the secrets listed before dulfys guide was up… just sayin. and the bauble list hasnt changed for about as long. iirc only 2-3 more were found since the OP, and nothing has been found for a week.

dont gotta tell theze guyz to follow dulfy!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Orpheal.8263

Video of the currently known baubles for whoever wanted it.

http://youtu.be/7m92jA7g0Cg

Great Job, exactly what I wanted ^^ Even I I did made it yesterday over night the hard way without it

However, i think this will help us all, us players as like the devs to maybe easier track down, if there is really a bug, or if we just didn’t found the missing sphere yet.

Also the video shows greatly where something is, what text can’t sometimes describe good enough to understand it directly, thats why I’m more the video type hehe, pictures just tell more than 1000 words sometimes.