Can't stand SAB - make it go away

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Medieval.1679

Medieval.1679

Couldn’t stand it the first time, can’t stand it the second time.

If I wanted to play platform games I’d go and join the peasants and buy an X-Box or PS3. How about something else other than SAB A-Net???

I just delete my continue coins to free up bank space (along with that princess tiara and wig rubbish). It hits my backpack and it’s drag and drop out of existence.

Would love an option in the game setup that said “ignore SAB and all SAB related items”.

Posted by: Caatalyst.7289

Caatalyst.7289

I don’t really understand the point of this post? Do you think that they are going to call off SAB because you don’t like it? I really love SAB and look forward to future releases. Nobody at Arena Net has forced you to play SAB so delete your continue coins all you like and enjoy the rest of the game.

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Well if you dont like it… dont play it…

Its only a small box in Rata sum, If you dont like it just walk on by, is there any reason you would ruin others fun because you cant avoid something you dont like?

Posted by: Euphemia.7240

Euphemia.7240

If I wanted to play platform games I’d go and join the peasants and buy an X-Box or PS3. How about something else other than SAB A-Net???

I just delete my continue coins to free up bank space (along with that princess tiara and wig rubbish). It hits my backpack and it’s drag and drop out of existence.

Would love an option in the game setup that said “ignore SAB and all SAB related items”.

All you have to do is not play it. There’s really no reason to be hateful and mean about it. There were quite a few people who worked very long and very kitten SAB. You must not have grown up with the Atari/Commodore/NES/etc., so I understand your lack of nostalgia about the SAB. Like I said, you don’t have to be hateful. Just don’t play it. You’re not forced to.

Euphemia.7240

I’m also thinking perhaps we shouldn’t feed the trolls.

Posted by: Caatalyst.7289

Caatalyst.7289

Yeah, I think what annoys me the most is how rude and unpleasant the OP’s message was. Nothing constructive, just plain kittentyness

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Attachments:

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Why did you buy continue coin in the first place? I think you are just some nervous guy who fail at SAB and decided it’s stupid and you don’t want it to be in the game, so you won’t miss any of those “precious achievz pointz” learn to ignore what you don’t like

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

you can always post post-it notes on your monitor/screen whenever and wherever you see SAB related items. : )) that might do the trick.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This whole topic sucks, junk the coins and the mini-pet items and move on. You already said you have been, what the heck is the point of posting on the forums that you do.

Hey everybody, I don’t like SAB and I’m just deleting those items. So yea, I’d like the devs to put in some sort of option to ignore these few items so that I don’t ever have to click and drag these specific items during these specific SAB events ever again.

Reading and responding to this was the biggest waste of my time. So why the heck am I even posting….see sig

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I can’t stand it either OP so I just don’t play it and that should be the end of it right?

Wrong! I have these bloody tiaras, dresses and continue coins all dribbling over into normal PvE. I have enough junk to deal with and BLC to suffer without all this SAB garbage clogging up my inventory space too.

I only hope that those SAB drops are not replacing what could’ve been a exotic, rare or a dye when I get them. Think I’d jam a bent continue coin in the SAB slot if that was the case

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

I can’t stand it either OP so I just don’t play it and that should be the end of it right?

Wrong! I have these bloody tiaras, dresses and continue coins all dribbling over into normal PvE. I have enough junk to deal with and BLC to suffer without all this SAB garbage clogging up my inventory space too.

I only hope that those SAB drops are not replacing what could’ve been a exotic, rare or a dye when I get them. Think I’d jam a bent continue coin in the SAB slot if that was the case

Considering their drop rate, I guarantee they didn’t replace a exotic.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Considering their drop rate, I guarantee they didn’t replace a exotic.

I’m almost thinking that there is a coded slot for event items that they simply fill and that it either takes the place of a junk drop or a blue item. Before Miya leaving her wigs all over, it was Gauntlet tickets and before that, ballots.

It can get annoying but that’s all it is – annoying – not game breaking.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Just sell the wigs/dresses/tiaras on the TP. 1c is still 1c.

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

All you have to do is not play it. There’s really no reason to be hateful and mean about it. There were quite a few people who worked very long and very kitten SAB. You must not have grown up with the Atari/Commodore/NES/etc., so I understand your lack of nostalgia about the SAB. Like I said, you don’t have to be hateful. Just don’t play it. You’re not forced to.

This crap has nothing in common with atari/comorode/nes classics. NOTHING. Not even the hardest rage inducing titles ever used invisible/luck based 1 shot kills. Please do not pollute fond memories by comparing them to cheap/luck/redundant memorization crap fest that lasts well above half an hour for a level.
Even if I only finished contra solo once… It has never used invisible traps nor did it ever require luck.

Euphemia.7240

This crap has nothing in common with atari/comorode/nes classics. NOTHING. Not even the hardest rage inducing titles ever used invisible/luck based 1 shot kills. Please do not pollute fond memories by comparing them to cheap/luck/redundant memorization crap fest that lasts well above half an hour for a level.
Even if I only finished contra solo once… It has never used invisible traps nor did it ever require luck.

No need to go getting an attitude. Requiring items to get to certain levels? Zelda. Bombing hidden rooms and the music that follows when you uncover them? Zelda. The image that goes on the screen when you die? Mario. The King Toad music? Battletoads. Rescuing a princess? Zelda, Mario. The clearly obvious Q-Bert-inspired puzzles in Storm Top? Please tell me again how this doesn’t have anything in common with any of those platforms? It sounds to me like you are talking about Tribulation Mode. I apologize for any confusion, and for not stating it, but I was NOT, thus the cheap/luck/redundant memorization crap fest that lasts well above half an hour for a level wasn’t needed.

Posted by: Winsyrstrife.7149

Winsyrstrife.7149

No invisible/luck based kills on the NES?? I would have to disagree.

FF1-Warmech is almost instant death for a level appropriate party that unluckily draws the straw. Hell, a fleet of cocatrices is the same until you have defensive gear for the situation. I say almost because my sister beat down Garland with a white mage, doing 1 dmg each attack, after he instagibbed the rest of her party.

Mega Man’s invisible gap platforms, over spikes.

Metal Gear / Snake’s Revenge – Instant,invisible death waiting everywhere.

There are more, but I just realized the game that SAB 2-2 reminds me of. Kung –kitten Heroes/Little Ninja Brothers. Now I’ll have to play it.

Ribtip (Guardian) | Guild of Beer Drinkers [BEER]
-Super Adventure Box is all I need-

Posted by: Pictures.8954

Pictures.8954

I love how people mention games that I thought were super easy for the NES. Try playing Ninja Kid. It makes any boat scene in Battle toads look like the easiest thing ever. Once you get past like the first 5 to 10 levels it goes soooo fast. It was literally the hardest NES action game I played and it made everything else look easy in comparison. Ninja Gaiden/Contra/Bionic Commando has nothing on Ninja Kid’s difficulty.

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

You’re a terrible person if you don’t like it.

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I love SAB and got a Princess Miya. Now the drops are redundant and annoying, so I delete them. I got an ICC, so I don’t need continue coins, but those I keep because I have 100 slots for junk, so why not fill them with junk?

Pointless thread is pointless. You don’t like SAB. I don’t like PvP. Just because we don’t like something doesn’t mean it shouldn’t exist in the game.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Tarot.4250

Tarot.4250

Well the OP didn`t use best words to explain his opinion but I agree with main point: It`s an MMO, not a platform game. Saying “Don`t play if you don`t like it” is bad argument here because this is 2 week open world content (a lot of time, work and resources invested), not a jumping puzzle.
People bought this game for an mmo content so I don`t think it`s ok to release something entirely unrelated and say “If you dont like it, wait another 2 weeks”.

I think best solution is to release content with wide variety of things. Take aetherblade pirates event for example. Everyone could choose what they want to do, farmers had their things to farm, dungeon runners had their dungeon, jumpers got a jumping puzzle. Everyone satisfied. But that`s just my opinion.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Well the OP didn`t use best words to explain his opinion but I agree with main point: It`s an MMO, not a platform game. Saying “Don`t play if you don`t like it” is bad argument here because this is 2 week open world content (a lot of time, work and resources invested), not a jumping puzzle.

It’s so crazy how I can have the complete opposite opinion of you. I think the “Don’t like it don’t play it” argument is completely reasonable. It isn’t open-world, it’s instanced for starters. Jumping puzzles are a major part of this game and as someone who loves platformers and loves MMOs I find it freaking awesome that GW2 adds platforming elements. It sounds as though you expect every 2-week LS release to include something for everyone, and that I feel is completely unreasonable. SAB was a massive success for them the first time around, no one was complaining about it until it got “hard”. Then all of a sudden everyone became anti-platformer.

I wasn’t a fan of the Gauntlet, so I didn’t play it. Maybe I should have complained that if I wanted 1v1 instanced fights against an NPC I would have purchased a fighting game like Street Fighter? That makes just as much sense.

People bought this game for an mmo content so I don`t think it`s ok to release something entirely unrelated and say “If you dont like it, wait another 2 weeks”.

I bought this game personally because I was sick of standard MMO content. If I only wanted MMO content then I would still be playing WoW. GW2 is different and the different things they throw in to mix it up is what keeps me here. You may have purchased it because you wanted MMO content exclusively, but you can’t speak for me, and I certainly fall under the “people” category. God I hope so anyway.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

People need to do a reality check, SAB is probably manned by something like a 3-4 people team… we know it was a smaller team than in April, and the team in April was small as well.

Of course this does not include QA (except the teams QA embed), who of course do not have the ability to create other content anyways. It is not to say that other teams were not involved at all, since obviously music is something that the team probably could not create internally for example… but there is finite number of audio that any content can require at any one time (and SAB this time around has less new tracks than it did in April).

It is kinda funny how strongly people feel about SAB, but the truth is even if SAB was not a thing this past month the content they were developing for Tequatl Rising and Twilight Assault wouldn’t be any different. Same is true for the rest of this years patches actually since each patch has a 2-3 month development cycle.

If you do the math SAB takes approximately 1 percent of their manpower, so you still have 99 percent “content fit for an MMO” being developed. SAB seems like a lot of content and lot of effort but in reality a lot of it is by few individuals, read Josh’s posts for him this a passion project.

(edited by Crise.9401)