Celestial gear is ruined

Celestial gear is ruined

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

It all depends on how much you can stay in Death Shroud. .

Almost constantly if I so desire.

PS. And yeah, meant focus4, my bad.

(edited by PMilkos.9103)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

This thread has actually made me want to get Celestial gear now. It looks like the stat boost is rather good. Without the MF, it looks to be a good gear to get still.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

yup yup, you’re not gonna do much killing with less power than Cleric’s gear. That’s the biggest problem of Celestial gear tbh… you have so dang little power.

Celestial gear is ruined

PMilkos.9103

Except for some builds they HAVE the same, or at least pretty similar, usefullness values for each of their stats. All of these stats are equally important for a power necromancer. Condition damage and healing power are slightly less important than the rest, but not enough to warrant sacrificing almost half my total stat points.

Look, you’re just gonna have to accept that some classes and some builds scale differently and have different synergies than others. I would never consider anything other than berserker’s for my warrior, because warriors are generally very forcused around direct damage, but celestial is the best for my necromancer – because the necromancer class itself is a jack-of-all-trades in the first place.
If that’s not the case for your character then fine, nobody’s forcing you to get celestial.

yup yup, you’re not gonna do much killing with less power than Cleric’s gear. That’s the biggest problem of Celestial gear tbh… you have so dang little power.

But you have much more condition damage, precision and tons of critical damage. Unless you’re just fighting structures then you should be doing almost twice the damage with celestial than with cleric (I know. I had full cleric before switching to celestial. Let me assure you the difference in damage is night and day)

(edited by Moderator)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I at first felt Celestial needed a boost of some sort for removing MF, but after reviewing the math between it an other top tier sets, it was actually well above the other sets from the start. Removing the MF is just fine.

On another note, according to the redit blog post by a Dev, they will be sending out some consumable items to everyone that owns equipment that has MF being stripped (or changed) that increase your Account wide MF (at least that’s how I read it). Not exactly sure how they are calculating what should be sent or if this will be abusable or not (stock your bank with Explorer gear and get tons of MF consumables when the update happens)?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Small amounts of condition damage add very little to non-condition builds. Even for necros.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I at first felt Celestial needed a boost of some sort for removing MF, but after reviewing the math between it an other top tier sets, it was actually well above the other sets from the start. Removing the MF is just fine.

On another note, according to the redit blog post by a Dev, they will be sending out some consumable items to everyone that owns equipment that has MF being stripped (or changed) that increase your Account wide MF (at least that’s how I read it). Not exactly sure how they are calculating what should be sent or if this will be abusable or not (stock your bank with Explorer gear and get tons of MF consumables when the update happens)?

I was thinking too that the Dev’s knew that MF was being taken out. They talked about it months ago. Seeing as Celestial was just introduced, they most likely did so with full knowledge that the MF stat would go away.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Celestial gear is ruined

The maths does not pan out in actual gameplay.

Celestial gear is ruined

PMilkos.9103

The maths does not pan out in actual gameplay.

Not unless you’re the right class and build for it, yeah pretty much. If you are though, that’s a whole different story.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

To all those who are arguing that removing MF won’t change the combat efficiency, I suppose that they don’t have to do anything to the non-celestial MF gear either because its combat efficiency won’t be changed by its removal. Your logic is flawed.

Have you seen the stats of armors and weapons tailored to MF lately?

Lets take a look at exotic MF weapons shall we:

Traveler’s Greatsword: +128 to two stats and 3% magic fine.

Celestial Greatsword: +79 to all stats +3% magic find, +10%crit damage.

So basically celestial loses +50pts in two stats while gaining 79pts in all the others, all while keeping the same magic find and gaining an enormous boost through +10% crit damage. The 10% crit damage by itself should more than make up the pts it loses in the two combat-stats of MF armor. In a nutshell, MF weapons are trash and Celestial weapons are pretty kitten good all things considered. Even if you remove their MF bonus.

Now armor:

Explorer’s Chest armor: +72 to two stats and +3% magic find.

Celestial chest armor: +45 to all stats, +6% crit damage, +3% magic find.

Again, we’re only losing 27pts in two stats while gaining 45stat points everywhere else. They both have the same MF, and celestial again, has amaingly high crit damage. Even higher than non-MF gear for w/e reason.

There really is no comeptition here. Pure MF gear is garbage, and Celestial is still very viable without the MF to anyone who wants well rounded stats. Honestly, I don’t even understand the point of MF gear when it has vastly worse stats to Celestial while Celestial retains the same MF stats.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Condi Duration or Boon Duration should replace the MF on the Celestial gear. Why make something that takes 30 consecutive days to make a full set of only to remove a stat 2 months after its release. It’s a crappy way to treat your player base.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

@Delvoire

Actually, there is one thing that makes me think they did NOT have the removal of MF in mind when they added Celestial, and that is the Triforge Amulet. It has the same stats as a Celestial amulet, but has been around a long time, and was likely the basis for how those items were balanced.

Celestial gear is ruined

Kagamiku.9731

Iason Evan

Condi Duration or Boon Duration should replace the MF on the Celestial gear. Why make something that takes 30 consecutive days to make a full set of only to remove a stat 2 months after its release. It’s a crappy way to treat your player base.

Thats only under the assumption MF was added at the expense of other stats, which I don’t think it was. As you can see above, MF gear (which was balanced around MF) is complete garbage compared to Celestial.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Celestial already has a significant stat advantage on other pieces of gear.

Celestial chest has 270 flat stats, 3% mf and 6% critdamage.
Berserker chest has 173 flat stats, no mf and 5% critdamage.

Celestial has 156% the flat stats of non-Celestial gear, aswell as an extra 1% critdamage and 3% magicfind.
We see similar ratio’s across the board on other pieces of gear.

Celestial has more then enough compensation. Boosting its flat stats even further just because MF is removed would just be uncalled for.

Celestial needs the compensation. That compensation is the trade off for not having a strong stat in any area.

To all those who are arguing that removing MF won’t change the combat efficiency, I suppose that they don’t have to do anything to the non-celestial MF gear either because its combat efficiency won’t be changed by its removal. Your logic is flawed.

And that compensation is that you get a COMBAT statbudget that is 60% larger then any other type.
You are losing a luxery stat, not a combat stat. Why should you be made stronger because you’re drops got nerfed?

….because it’s the only set of gear currently with time-gating? If it took you 30+ days to craft a whole set of Berserker’s gear, pitchforks and torches would be passed out and these forums would be ON FIRE.

Just because the overall consensus of Celestial gear seems to be “Meh, it’s ok? Maybe? Math is hard.” is the only reason it hasn’t escalated past a slight disagreement in the lack of compensation.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Thats only under the assumption MF was added at the expense of other stats, which I don’t think it was. As you can see above, MF gear (which was balanced around MF) is complete garbage compared to Celestial.

Then if it wasn’t considered balanced, why didn’t they fix it one month ago, before adding celestial weapons and armors?
And why did they talk about a compensation if they knew that some items wouldn’t have received it? And putting both the things together, why they did add items while knowing that they would directly nerf them after a month, without telling anything to the userbase, making people waste their materials and gold?

Beside that, saying that they didn’t put it in expense of something is saying that they didn’t balance it. When they created it they balanced it in some way; if they remove a stat, it becomes subpar, according to that same balance.

Celestial gear is ruined

Kagamiku.9731

And why did they talk about a compensation if they knew that some items wouldn’t have received it? And putting both the things together, why they did add items while knowing that they would directly nerf them after a month, without telling anything to the userbase, making people waste their materials and gold?

I’m all for offering a re-roll, but replacing the MF stat with a combat-stat is something I’m not. Either a re-roll, or some other non-combat stats— Gold/Magic/Exp.

But It’s not like Anet is quick to balance things…They probably realized Celestial was a bit too beefy for a MF set, so removing the MF wouldn’t be a game breaker for the set. It was just MF, they didn’t need to rush to balance this. Of course, the out cries of all the Celestial owners could have been remidied if they did so earlier.

Beside that, saying that they didn’t put it in expense of something is saying that they didn’t balance it. When they created it they balanced it in some way; if they remove a stat, it becomes subpar, according to that same balance.

It’s still viable in some builds. Lets not pretend all stat combinations are created equal. At least as far as the meta is concerned.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

Celestial already has a significant stat advantage on other pieces of gear.

Celestial chest has 270 flat stats, 3% mf and 6% critdamage.
Berserker chest has 173 flat stats, no mf and 5% critdamage.

Celestial has 156% the flat stats of non-Celestial gear, aswell as an extra 1% critdamage and 3% magicfind.
We see similar ratio’s across the board on other pieces of gear.

Celestial has more then enough compensation. Boosting its flat stats even further just because MF is removed would just be uncalled for.

Celestial needs the compensation. That compensation is the trade off for not having a strong stat in any area.

Your logic is flawed too, asking for compensation for an all-stat gear not being strong in any area. It compensates this by having all stats and as for “not having a strong stat in any area” -> it has the strongest crit DMG stat among all exotic gear sets (even though it’s just 3% as far as I know).

I actually did not ask for compensation for the removal of MF on celestial gear. The original user that I quoted pointed out that there was indeed already a compensation in overall stat points for using celestial gear and that a replacement for MF on it was not needed. All that I am saying is that if you do not replace the MF stat on celestial armor then why do it on other armor? They are equal stats on both sets.

(edited by Odinsfury.8360)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

It should be buffed slightly if only:

Becuase removing MF from it is an small nerf
Because an small buff won’t make it overpowered …. by a long way btw.

Celestial gear is ruined

Optional refund plox.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

As I overlooked one of your posts yesterday, I would like to answer to that too:

Rayti, you never gave a situation where you would want Celestial over something else. Also, if you ever say something like ‘no one forced you to craft it, it is not Anet’s fault they are nerfing it’ again, I will put you on ignore.

I have written in one of my posts, that I sometimes use the celestial gear when I don’t want to go full zerker. I still have enough precision to utilize the crit dmg and benefit from the other stats pushing my dps a bit with more condi dmg and my survivability with toughness, vitality and healing power btw.
Just as a side note because you and others stated that it doesn’t help to have crit dmg without precision etc. I never said that I use a full celestial set – but it well may be that I wasn’t specific enough about that -> I always use the armor (or sometimes only parts of it) mixed with other weapons and trinkets. Given the fact you can keep up fury most of the time as an Ele, you can still crit your way through life wearing the celestial armor whilst having a bit more of everything else. Healing power not scaling too well is another problem, not connected to the armor…

If you put me on ignore or not, to be honest I couldn’t care less. You can of course put on ignore anyone having a different opinion than your own – but that would make discussions a bit boring in the future, I guess.

Instead of reminding you that it was your own fault in my own words, I simply cite one of your posts in one of the many other threads you posted about that topic – knowingly taking the risk to be ignored by you for whatever strange reason you might have for that:

Yeah, still charging it. Not making Celestial gear, though, seeing as they plan to kill it next update.

Edit – epic typo.

So, what made you craft the celestial gear, when you (contrary to some of the statements you made in this thread) knew for sure they would “kill it next update”? Knowing ANet is generally very picky when it comes to refunds, that was a very high risk to take just to have a better MF set for the time period until they remove MF from it.

I don’t have anything against an optional refund of the time gated materials – that would be more than OK, even though some just crafted the set in the hope they would get a refund anyway when MF is removed.

I’m also quite sure some didn’t even know MF would be removed due to them not reading on 100 different blogs, and the information being wide spread… When just reading the official GW2 website and this forum, you are totally lost regarding this kind of information – especially when it comes to getting it early.

I just don’t see any reason to change the celestial armor’s stats, because it already brings benefits compared to other sets – even without magic find in it – benefits not available to all classes and builds, but they are there.

I’m sure changing the celestial armor’s stats would cause problems balance wise – those would just result in the armor being continuously changed and therefore in cries for refunds each time it happens.

I guess that’s also one of the main reasons why ANet simply doesn’t do that (apart from them maybe having already taken into consideration MF being removed when calculating the rest of the stats – MF could just have been an additional stat not being calculated based on the other stats, nobody knows… Just because we didn’t know that they will remove MF when they released ascended rings and trinkets it doesn’t mean they didn’t know it either.)

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Celestial gear is ruined

I knew MF was being removed, as I have stated many times. I NEVER said anything to the contrary, and I have no idea why you think I did.

What I expected, though, was them to compensate for the removal of an entire stat, which was the tipping point for many people in whether to make the gear. If they are going to go the weak path, and kill what trust people have left, then they need to offer full refunds.

And yes, there are people who had no idea MF was beng removed. Hell, there still are heaps of people who have no idea it is being removed. Anet are incredibly bad at giving information to the casual gamer.

(edited by Moderator)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I was thinking too that the Dev’s knew that MF was being taken out. They talked about it months ago. Seeing as Celestial was just introduced, they most likely did so with full knowledge that the MF stat would go away.

Celestial stat was introduced very, very long ago – Triforge amulet was celestial. The exotic karka trinket for first Southsun event was also a celestial stat. There were celestial stat ascended rings (Solaria and Lunaria). That was long before the devs even mentioned they are thinking about MF at all, and they haven’t decided what to do with it until much later.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Celestial gear is ruined

Rayti.6531

I knew MF was being removed, as I have stated many times. I NEVER said anything to the contrary, and I have no idea why you think I did. Stop making crap up.

I was just aming at the statement where you claimed that ANet or whereever you got the information wrote somewhere (still didn’t find the post you were citing there) they would remove MF from most of the items, not all:

…Yes, we knew MF was all disappearing off most gear (not all), but we expected refunds, options, new stats, etc, not the finger from Anet.

I read into that, that you assumed MF maybe not being removed from celestial gear. This obviously was a misinterpretation from my side, so sorry about that. Enlish isn’t my mother tongue so this can happen sometimes. Still there is no need to feel personally offended and accusing me of making up crap.

What I expected, though, was them to compensate for the removal of an entire stat, which was the tipping point for many people in whether to make the gear. If they are going to go the weak path, and kill what trust people have left, then they need to offer full refunds.

That’s something I actually agree with, what I didn’t agree with was request to change the celestial stats.

Refunding the time gated items is something that should be done. Still it’s something you can just hope for… Didn’t read anything about that by now.

As far as I know everyone in posession of gear with magic find on it will receive consumables increasing their account MF, additionally to choosing new stats. for the MF sets.. No idea in which of the 100 blogs I read that again, I have to look that up again myself.

I guess/hope this will also apply to celestial gear… If it does, maybe ANet thinks that this should be enough for the MF loss per piece and they don’t even think of some just having crafted the celestial set for MF…?

And yes, there are people who had no idea MF was beng removed. Hell, there still are heaps of people who have no idea it is being removed. Anet are incredibly bad at giving information to the casual gamer.

Just as I said, 100 blogs to go through to find this kind of information… That’s really something to be changed. Currently it is expected of every player to read through blogs to get information early – even though there are subforums for announcements that aren’t used to give the same information at the same time you can find it on reddit and other sites.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Celestial gear is ruined

When I said most, I meant they were leaving MF infusions.

And yeah, Anet should probably do in-game announcements.

Celestial gear is ruined

Rayti.6531

When I said most, I meant they were leaving MF infusions.

And yeah, Anet should probably do in-game announcements.

Ah thanks, for clarifying that – I thought you were exclusively talking about armors and their stats…

Yeah, they announced separately that we can keep our utility infusion. I’m still curious what happens if you have an ascended MF ring and trinket collection, with a MF amulet having slottet the MF infusion…

I can’t imagine it being possible to switch the stats of a MF amulet without destroying the infusion whilst making the amulet a new item by doing that…

Celestial gear is ruined

Yeah, I am going to have that issue with my ascended amulet as well…

Oh and I transmuted my Celestial armour to look like the tier 3 human cultural armour, so that will cost me as well

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

My opinion on Celestial gear this upcoming patch:

I am perfectly fine with Celestial not being improved stat-wise. Since MF is being removed from all gear as an item stat, the Celestial prefix will be working as intended. I am fairly certain that Celestial was buffed stat-wise months ago as well, so ANET has already gone over its balance.

However, I understand that when people choose gear stats they develop a cost/benefit ratio in their heads to ultimately help them choose. The +MF stat may have been that little bit to convince players to use Celestial, and with that stat being removed I can see the frustration.

Although players knew MF would be removed eventually, they did not know when and precisely how it would be implemented until fairly recently. I think that players that own Celestial equipment should be given the choice of choosing a new stat or the “new” Celestial prefix. This will keep it consistent with other MF gear being given this option, and not have players stuck with a prefix they are unhappy with.

Knowledge is power.

Celestial gear is ruined

But Celestial Gear is harder to get than other gear, and many people will own all the other sets they need.

A full refund should be offered.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

But Celestial Gear is harder to get than other gear, and many people will own all the other sets they need.

I disagree with a full refund. You did get your benefit from this gear for the time being. It hasnt been useless, it has returned value to you.

You’re asking for a free MF boost.

I’d say give the people with Celestial a chance to exchange it for any other prefix. Celestial so useless without magicfind? Exchange it for Rampagers or Berskers or anything else. It will remain soulbound.

And here’s another one. I geared a character for a certain build, that build got nerfed and is pointless to play. Not only am i stuck with a pointless set of gear that is taking of space, i also have to regear that character. Where’s my refund?

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Dev livefeed just ended. I believe she stated any equip able item with MF on it will get a one time prefix change.

Celestial gear is ruined

I disagree with a full refund. You did get your benefit from this gear for the time being. It hasnt been useless, it has returned value to you.

You’re asking for a free MF boost.

I’d say give the people with Celestial a chance to exchange it for any other prefix. Celestial so useless without magicfind? Exchange it for Rampagers or Berskers or anything else. It will remain soulbound.

And here’s another one. I geared a character for a certain build, that build got nerfed and is pointless to play. Not only am i stuck with a pointless set of gear that is taking of space, i also have to regear that character. Where’s my refund?

Stop comparing Celestial to other prefixes.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Its funny, I am getting Mf gear in hope I can switch it to Celestials when the patch hit. Any one know if that would be possible?

For those of you think Celestials sucks, you can keep thinking that way. Yeah I agreed full celestrals do suck, but you can mix and match, in switch case celestrals are awesome. It gives more crit dam than zerkers in come pieces.

Celestial gear is ruined

Manuhell.2759

For those of you think Celestials sucks, you can keep thinking that way. Yeah I agreed full celestrals do suck, but you can mix and match, in switch case celestrals are awesome. It gives more crit dam than zerkers in come pieces.

They give more critical damage because they also have lower power and precision than zerkers and the whole math behind criticals is a multiplicative one…

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Celestial is NOT over budget. The dps it gives is pretty much equal to PVT, which makes sense seeing both serve the same purpose.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Celestial gear is ruined

No mention at all of Celestial gear in the blog…

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

ITT- people saying that the set sucks… and that’s why it shouldn’t be buffed at all.

In other news, berserkers gets a big stat boost.

Celestial gear is ruined

How did Berserkers get a stat boost?

Celestial gear is ruined

BowmasterSol.3457

Stop comparing Celestial to other prefixes.

Let’s compare the Celestial prefix gear to the other, since your argument for getting a full refund heavily revolves on it.

Crafting a Celestial insignia differs from other exotic insignias in that instead of x5 T6 mat, which may be about a gold or more, it requires x5 Charged Quartz. x5 Charged
Quartz requires 5 skill points and 25 quartz to make, assuming you didn’t get a free Charged Quartz from mining your personal node at any point. A majority of players would have a large stock of quartz from the month long bazaar, making this no cost to them. However, if you ran out and only got the minimum 3 quartz from your personal node then you would need to pay for 2 quartz out of pocket that day. Quartz is around 1 silver a piece if you need to buy it. Compared to the cost of the other T6 mats for other crafted gear, this is very cheap.

I can see that skill points may be valuable for certain players, but with the new champion boxes getting skill points has gotten increasingly easier. This part of the recipe has also become fairly cheap to the player now.

A difference for this gear is using gold to buy the recipes if you didn’t get them from the event, as opposed to using karma. Considering the amount of money a player saved from not using T6 mats then this cost is somewhat negated.

The only other difference lies within the limit of making one charged quartz a day. The task itself is something even a low level character can do without difficulty. Granted that you are not able to craft a full set of Celestial gear on the spot. Not every player will be aiming for a full set anyway, but I can see some time loss here.

ANET will be making the celestial gear account-bound. This will allow you to give it to an alt if you happen to have all the preferred gear sets for the original character. You will also be given the choice of stats it may become. Whether the gear will become sellable after selecting the new stat is unknown, but you may be able to sell it back to regain the money back for the other materials needed to craft that gear besides the insignia.

ANET will be replacing one exotic for another of your choice. This is at close to a full refund that we will ever see in the game in relation to gear. I understand that there was some game time lost that can’t be refunded back but ANET seems to be trying to meet players half-way with the limited tech and resources given to them. Their solution may not fully satisfy your needs, but this is a fair as they can get.

Knowledge is power.

Celestial gear is ruined

Astralporing.1957

How did Berserkers get a stat boost?

ascended weapons increased base damage, which synergizes the best with pure dps stat sets.

@BowmasterSol – it has been already mentioned that Celestial armor pieces will not get a stat change option. they will just get their MF removed.

Actions, not words.

Celestial gear is ruined

Manuhell.2759

Or they couldn’t have nerfed it at all. That would have been fair.
Especially since they introduced those armors and weapons a month ago, without telling anything about an imminent nerf, especially after talking about a compensation that isn’t there – celestials won’t have anything in return for the lost stat, after all.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

They’re removing magic find as a stat from gear. It didn’t add anything to your offensive capabilities in celestial gear, so there’s no reason to compensate you for it not being there anymore.

Reality check (esp to those who upvoted this comment)….
All the other Stats SUFFERED specifically so that the MagicFind would be at 3% (the PRIMARY STAT) on it. That’s called an Offset. And it’s a big one. …just deleting that from the set of stats, is identical to completely removing all +POWER from a berserker set just on the basis that Precision & Crit damage are already good enough in most situations. (except against Objectives/“Yellow Bars”).

Celestial gear is ruined

BowmasterSol.3457

@BowmasterSol – it has been already mentioned that Celestial armor pieces will not get a stat change option. they will just get their MF removed.

Can I get a link for that? For some reason, my search bar doesn’t work anymore. The recent blog post says any gear with MF. The post I believe you are referencing was a dev’s response to whether or not Celestial would be buffed to which he/she stated no. That doesn’t mean new stat selection is also denied.

Knowledge is power.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

i agree that celestial needs compensation or refund on the basis of players having chosen it because it had MF. It’s the right thing to do.

Celestial builds do work btw, it’s just that going FULL celestial generally has problems. All celestial trinkets + focused armor or all celestial armor + focused trinkets gives a little more oomph. Celestial has pretty good +crit damage, mind.

Celestial gear is ruined

Refund us please. And give us back the items we transmuted onto Celestial gear.

Celestial gear is ruined

A response on what is actually happening with Celestial Gear would be nice.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I knew MF was being removed, as I have stated many times. I NEVER said anything to the contrary, and I have no idea why you think I did. Stop making crap up.

I hate to tell you, but those people were pretty foolish. Celestial gear is crap, and it’s only good for people that specifically build around the celestial gear. Any trait setup that a player might need can be better met by a traditional set that is mixed/matched correctly.

Those people effectively nerfed themselves in order to have a chance at better loot. I thought everyone knew celestial was a noob trap already.

Celestial gear is ruined

I hate to tell you, but those people were pretty foolish. Celestial gear is crap, and it’s only good for people that specifically build around the celestial gear. Any trait setup that a player might need can be better met by a traditional set that is mixed/matched correctly.

Those people effectively nerfed themselves in order to have a chance at better loot. I thought everyone knew celestial was a noob trap already.

Then it needs to be buffed.

Celestial gear is ruined

Astralporing.1957

Can I get a link for that? For some reason, my search bar doesn’t work anymore. The recent blog post says any gear with MF. The post I believe you are referencing was a dev’s response to whether or not Celestial would be buffed to which he/she stated no. That doesn’t mean new stat selection is also denied.

here you are:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Magic-Find-merged-1/page/2#post2713794

…wait, that’s not the one, there was one more later on, but i cannot find it at the moment

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Celestial gear is ruined

My Celestial gear is transmuted with cultural armour. So how would it becoming account-bound work?

Just refund us.

Celestial gear is ruined

This topic seems as dead as the New South Wales Origin team.