Essences of Luck what salvage kit to use?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Q:

Like title says, will the salvage kit you use to salvage green, blue, or ecto matter in the % chance to receive these Essences of Luck.

1) do certain kits have higher chance of Essences of Luck or all kits same? (crude through black lion salvage kit)

2) I know we probably cant get exact drop rates but some hint whether using a higher level kit will matter would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_salvage_kit

I use this for everything. Free Mystic Forge Stones make this very cost efficient.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

cerberus.1937

my question was to determine the best kit for the job if the kit doesn’t matter why not something like this

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Disasembler_3BEK_Kit

anyways mystic kits are an ok sub for rares if black lion kits are out of the question and would rather save them and use basic kits if the same drops either way

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

She indicated, if I recall correctly, that better kits have better chances at the essences. So, while impractical, the best kit would the black lion salvage kits, followed by the mystic/master salvage kits.

cerberus.1937

I know the better kit is generally the case for the better return, but to my knowledge they never specified if the luck drops were something similar to salvaging ecto since the items are blue and green seems a waste of good kits.. I believe it was also stated that it levels off at a certain point then why would you use a good kit for a example .0001% to next level. If you have some link to the post where they mentioned the kit that would be preferred or something along those lines plz link as I have read the new blog post and it was vague on that part of the topic thanks.

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

cerberus.1937

ok ill look at the stream, was also curious since they mentioned that you get them from salvaging blues and greens; if greens have the higher chance at the drops and does it stop there? Or is there the possibility of getting them from the higher rarities as well, rare and exotic?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well I am glad I get stack of Mystic forge stones from AP:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

cerberus.1937

good news here is the answer

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless

Curtis Johnson said this:

"
I believe she said ‘….i thiiink…’..

Quality of salvage kit does NOT matter for finding essence of luck.

we talked.. we’re sure now

(edited about 4 minutes ago by Curtis Johnson.8456)"

so good news you can use basic kits and the infinite kit w/o worrying about having to use a better kit for better chance.