Excited For World 3/4/5? Comments to World 2?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: ReiKen.9783

ReiKen.9783

SAB is fun during world 1 but creating world 2 is nice but upon doing the achievements slowly let me don’t want to do it anymore. Its very long and very time consuming. I only completed it since I like to complete the living story achievements.. Hopefully if we could have something like long and time consuming the rewards are good.

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Or challenging and not time consuming…

As in, not having invisible traps that instantly kill you… It’s basically just a frustrating way to making us repeat old content. It’s not a challenge.

[DONE]

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

That’s tribulation mode, not normal mode.

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

I love world 2, I just hope that W3/4 etc will have shorter zones. W2Z2 and W2Z3 both take quite a while in standard mode, let alone if you want the bauble achievement.

Posted by: SilentBob.2658

SilentBob.2658

I loved world one. I hate World two. Why? Because the zones are way too long, especially z2+3. And I hate some unfair stuff, like ninjas who kick you into deadly darttraps or kick you from small plattforms into death.

Because of this I will skip the very very very time consuming (with no dc) achievements like Master of baubles or kill all ninjas.

Anet, time consuming and frustrating content is no fun. Make it short, make it hard and fair, this would be better.

And plz let the box stay in game. Maybe in some weeks, I have a masochist moment and make the last achievements^^

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

im really annoyed that i cant complete the bachelor and master of baubles due to bugs in the system. considering arena net’s staggering track record of performance i forsee everything being fixed for the customers as they slowly reach niche perfection. if the living story truly only sticks around for so long and is GONE FOREVER then i have all of the next installment to complete. i do love completing i love the challenge i love everything about sab: the vibrant colour the kitten y music the subtle shadows and lighting the intergration seamlessly as if matrix within matrix. its all up from here just depends on if your eyes are open.

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

I just want my purple tribulation mode weapons for my mes

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That’s tribulation mode, not normal mode.

To be fair, the pain cliffs have traps that kill you instantly in any mode. Both spike traps and piranha tanks.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair, the pain cliffs have traps that kill you instantly in any mode. Both spike traps and piranha tanks.

Those are not invisible though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Kal Spiro.9745

Those are not invisible though.

It took some people an inordinate amount of time, myself included, to realize that about the dart traps. Still, there shouldn’t be anything that instantly kills you, other than falling, in normal mode, invisible or otherwise.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Difficulty is fine, length is too long when doing bauble/secret location achievements imo.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I think World 2 killed all my hopes/enthusiasm for new worlds. My main problem, as with everyone else it seems is the length of the zones (even in normal, haven’t even tried trib mode for World 2), they need to break them into more zones if they want it that long. My second problem is more personal. I really hate the height (mainly the insta death if you fail a jump, or are pushed off due to ninjas) aspect of the second and third zones of World 2. Hopefully World 3 won’t be quite like that since it looks like its mainly underground (please no giant bottomless pits…). For the achievements they really need to change the bauble one to be like the secrets one, that way we can come back to it if we don’t have the time or are disconnected.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Length is perfect for the last two zones. They just need more difficult puzzles within the zones.

The assassins are killable. Kill them and they will not knock you around.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I am looking forward to the next SAB Worlds, even though I’m not as much of a SAB fanboy as some of my friends.

However, I seriously hope that the future zones require less time in one sitting. In W2 Tribulation Mode, you’re talking about the possibility of sitting there for hours for one zone. That just becomes tedious. Even keeping the frustrating aspects of each zone, if they were split into smaller pieces, allowing the player to take breaks, I think people’s opinions of the content would be far more positive.

Ayrilana.1396

Tribulation is supposed to be tedious.

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Well, don’t know about that. Challenging, yes. Tedious, hrm. Don’t get me wrong, W2 tribulation had some very clever spike and tribulation/no cloud placement, but the length of it is discouraging. It is especially discouraging when you consider that things like lag and disconnects can ruin the experience for so many players.

Either make W3 shorter, or have save points in case of disconnects.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

W2 was nice in both modes. But the levels are long, and while by itself that isn’t a problem…it becomes one when we remember this is an online game.
That is eventually subject to disconnections. And disconnections, especially in tribulation mode, reset all your progress, making you waste some hours.

If the game “autosaved” at checkpoints, or the instance persisted for, say, 10 minutes after a disconnection, then it wouldn’t be a problem.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I’m not excited at all about the upcoming worlds because I feel the achievements are too grueling. Find every bauble in the zone, find every secret shop in the zone, these kinds of achievements just force people to use guides and do meaningless activities. Also as many people have already mentioned W2 is way too long, SAB has gone from being a fun casual activity to being in the same league as dungeons. The length and lame achievements in SAB make me apprehensive about doing more of it.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Ayrilana.1396

Well, don’t know about that. Challenging, yes. Tedious, hrm. Don’t get me wrong, W2 tribulation had some very clever spike and tribulation/no cloud placement, but the length of it is discouraging. It is especially discouraging when you consider that things like lag and disconnects can ruin the experience for so many players.

It was specifically stated by the dev that it was supposed to be. He also expected a very small percentage of the population to actually be able to finish it.

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

I think it needs to be mentioned that the developers made a wonderful job for the design of locations, enemies, and music in World Two (I think W2Z3 has the best background music).

I already loved the crocodiles from the previous release (getting tears and bandages when hit); however, the “inhaling” frogs, the jumping goats and the Polar Bears (with earmuffs!) are pure masterworks! Even the Tribulation Clouds show a variety of fun animations (getting angry, calming down, and drinking gasoline(?) before shooting lightnings) which made Tribulation mode more… digestive (I still found W2Z3 a nightmare… however, when in normal mode, that is my favorite area).

I have to admit I was not a huge fan of SAB World 1; I liked it but it was not my favorite content in game (I don’t know why the first release gave me a constant headache, not for the difficulty, which was fine… just “real” headache).
After the release of World Two, instead, I am really looking forward for the SAB to come back! Especially to see which other creatures populate the next Worlds

Thank you so much for this new release of the SAB; you really did a good job
(I forgot to mention the parade in the hub)

(edited by Bau Bau.7389)

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

It was specifically stated by the dev that it was supposed to be. He also expected a very small percentage of the population to actually be able to finish it.

The words from the release page were “ridiculously challenging”, which is not the same thing as tedious. “Tedious” means “too long, slow, or dull”. Feel free to look it up.

“Challenging” allows room for enjoyment. Once someone describes content as “tedious”, it means they’re not having fun.

No part of any game is ever intentionally tedious, and if it is, the devs don’t know what they’re doing.

Ayrilana.1396

The words from the release page were “ridiculously challenging”, which is not the same thing as tedious. “Tedious” means “too long, slow, or dull”. Feel free to look it up.

“Challenging” allows room for enjoyment. Once someone describes content as “tedious”, it means they’re not having fun.

No part of any game is ever intentionally tedious, and if it is, the devs don’t know what they’re doing.

And where did I say I was referencing release page? The release page is not the end-all-be-all for information.

I’ll also add that going through the process of discovering the traps and dying over and over trying to find a way past them is tedious. Some of us didn’t rely on a video to show us the way through.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The zones were too long.

Even on baby mode they were too long. W2 and W3 should have been split up. The boss at the end of w3, for example could have been made harder and been his own level (since w3 already had a yeti end boss).

Doing baubles on W2 and W3 (in baby mode mind you) required me to block out 4 hour increments of playtime when I couldnt be interrupted because you can’t save your progress. This was ridiculous. I have run out of times where I can schedule long play times with no interruption so I will not finish w2 z3 trib mode.

Something like world 1 checkpoint 2 to 3 murder run is what we were expecting. Short, Low punishment, really hard until you know what to do and have muscle memory.

Instead there is a ton of backtracking and semi required dodge jumps, that the game doesn’t always register causing a lt of fails. Which just makes the no saving hurt all the more.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Ayrilana.1396

Do the bauble achievement on normal and then no backtracking for keys. Dodge jump only required for last yellow bauble at end of W2Z3. Dodge jump not required in TM.

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

At the end of w1 we were given a sneak preview of w2. I am not really a fan of platform games and the difficulty I seen make me realize w2 isn’t really for me. After reading the dev’s post, I decide to give it a shot as their effort deserve as much.

To my surprise, the jumping part is actually ok. I had gotten much better at jumping with all the practice. However as w2 goes on, the only word I have to describe it is “annoying”.

Firstly, the mechanics that are affected by lag such as the flower jump pad and the rapids that knock you down. Lag really make those parts not enjoyable. Doable, but annoying.

Secondly, there is the ninjas and piranhas , ANet devs, if there is only thing I have been dying to beat into you guys with a big heavy stick, with SPIKES is this. Losing control of my character is NOT fun. Instant kills from losing control of my character is especially not fun. Losing control of my character is not fun, get it? One more time just to get the point across. Losing control of my character is not fun! This apply both to SAB and general open world content.

And then there is the length of W2. I would like to complete the content, but there is only so much annoyance I can take in one play through after a day at work. The dart traps is a clever idea, but… do you really need 5 levels of it? At some point it cease to be interesting and become annoying instead. I am currently at the gong. I know if I keep trying it I will be able to do it eventually. Sadly, I must say I don’t really feel like trying though. I know I would like to attempt this part again in the future, but.. not really if I have the do all the annoying parts before again. So this is probably as far as I would get in SAB. I must admit that there is a certain satisfaction in figuring out the puzzle and completing it though.

Lastly, I would like to comment on the awful camera. I think everyone know this, but when jumping in tight spaces, the camera is really bad. I know there is little that can be done, but please bear this in mind when designing jumps.

I am really glad that I brought the infinite coin, would never have made it as far if I hasn’t. Also, even the infant mode is annoying too, I did managed to finish w2 on that mode, but with much cursing and swearing.

(edited by Cymric.7368)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

And then there ikittenhe length of W2. I would like to complete the content, but there is only so much annoyance I can take in one play through after a day at work. The dart traps is a clever idea, but… do you really need 5 levels of it? At some point it cease to be interekittening and become annoying inkittenead. I am currently at the gong. I know if I keep trying it I will be able to do it eventually. Sadly, I mukitten say I don’t really feel like trying though. I know I would like to attempt this part again in the future, but.. not really if I have the do all the annoying parts before again. So this is probably as far as I would get in SAB. I mukitten admit that there is a certain satisfaction in figuring out the puzzle and completing it though.

Lakittenly, I would like to comment on the awful camera. I think everyone know this, but when jumping in tight spacekittenhe camera is really bad. I know there is little that can be done, but please bear this in mind when designing jumps.

I am really glad that I brought the infinite coin, would never have made it as far if I hasn’t. Also, even the infant mode is annoying too, I did managed to finish w2 on that mode, but with much cursing and swearing.

For the gong (since I also had the IC), I just started the gong rolling, then went into a poison trap, and then ran back to the bottom, usually with more than enough time before the gong got to the bottom. (First time it was by accident, then thats what I wound up doing a couple more times before getting to the next checkpoint).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Eszett.6950

Eszett.6950

I loved World 2, and Tribulation Mode. But that’s because I just love these kind of plataformers. I mean sure, they were hard, but they weren’t that long. And it’s great watching your friends frustration as they die and die and die.

A lot of fun swearing over the TS.

I can’t wait for World 3 and 4. I’ll be sad when the SAB is over. Also the skins are merely a small reward. I never do things for the loot xP.

I’m hoping World 3 has pirates and a Sea level!

Posted by: Zoralink.9836

Zoralink.9836

After loving world 1 and the preview to world 2, I absolutely hated world 2-2 so far. I’m actually currently still in it at the moment, been in it for nearly 3 hours now, neither myself nor the friend I’m playing with are having any fun with it. I’m all for challenging content, but this is not challenging. This is incredibly annoying, on so many levels, most of which have been covered already. Instant kill mechanics are -not- fun in any way shape or form. The darts are incredibly annoying. The bottomless fish pits/warpy fish in the first place are annoying. The assassins smacking you into either of the aforementioned? Annoying.

I’m left frustrated, and have next to no desire to play the next zone after we finally complete this (If we do, my friend is on his last few lives…). I’m pretty disgusted after I came back to play the game solely for this content. As I said to my friend, “Doesn’t having instant kill mechanics add SUCH exciting and challenging gameplay?!”

Kal Spiro.9745

And where did I say I was referencing release page? The release page is not the end-all-be-all for information.

I’ll also add that going through the process of discovering the traps and dying over and over trying to find a way past them is tedious. Some of us didn’t rely on a video to show us the way through.

I did each zone on my own before I watched any videos. I died over and over, sometimes to the same trap. The only point in all that which I found to be tedious was W2Z2 after the teleport maze when you have to run the bottomless pillars. The first jump to the trampoline then the longshot jump to the far pillar cause every closer pillar has spikes was infuriating.