Face sliding / rubberbanding

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I’m getting A LOT of these issues. I jump to a platform and I fall from a height and the character just falls on their faces and keeps sliding without any actual input from me leading me to a certain death.

Or how about jumping on to something, and suddenly being rubberbanded to where I came from. Usually causing a scenario of death.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Suddenly everyone is an Oceanic player with 300ms ping? The end of times is nigh!

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Mosh.4129

Mosh.4129

Youre not the only one. Its very frustrating and I used all my continue coins just to end up not finishing the zone at all… kittening annoying.

Gasoline.2570

Why would there even be lag? I’m the only person in the instance.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Reddofokkusu.6210

Reddofokkusu.6210

Rage post time.

In all honestly, it feels like a complete mess. The levels are fine, and designed rather well, the way the GW2 game engine seems to handle them is not.

Having to stand in mid air, floating off a tree when my character should have fall, just to pull off a long-jump does not feel right. Running against the tiniest of ledges, which the games engine clearly does not want me to be standing on as my character constantly battles back and forth with the neighboring wall and it feels like a 50% chance of will the game throw me onto the floor below or not feels weird. Having to throw myself at a tree which is clearly way too high and then having my character elevated 1ft higher into the air by a ghost, letting me complete that jump, is bad. Oh yeah, and the camera angle.

What’s also really obvious is that lag wasn’t even a consideration, which is clear in half of these so-called difficult puzzles. Being thrown around by a jumping rock which you clearly avoided on your end, but the server goes NOPE and throws you around anyway is bad. Being hit by attacks you never even went near is bad. Having to speedily jump across several platforms and hoping the server version of you is keeping up is bad. Heck, sometimes you can jump across a hole or a pit of lava which isn’t even difficult, and you still die. You’re literally on the other platform, dead, because for some reason the server thinks you fell. That’s bad. And what the heck is this thing right here because it was definitely not designed with lag in mind. Don’t have a flawless connection to the server? Too bad. Game over.

But this stuff is supposed to make us rage, so maybe it’s doing a good job after all. I wouldn’t mind dying again and again and again, because that’s what these type of insane platformer games are about. You die to stupid kitten things, and you laugh – It makes your bood boil but you keep going because you have to beat the game, you have too. So you and die and die and die. But unfortunately I can’t do that, because I have limited lives, which is stupid, because to actually enjoy this content like it’s supposed to be played, I have to buy the ability to die. Someone actually came up with the brilliant idea, of selling the ability to die – Props to them.

I could ignore the laggy mechanics and the stupidly insane jumps if it wasn’t for the constant stress of “if I keep dying here, I won’t be able to finish the level”. I can’t enjoy dying if I can only do it a limited amount of times before having to restart. It removes the fun.

(edited by Reddofokkusu.6210)

Gasoline.2570

Completely agreed.

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

It’s hard to pitch how I feel about this since I feel a lot of people will just go “Stop making excuses, you just suck” but I’ve amassed a screen shot collection of me in Tribulation Mode, getting killed for the wrong things. I’m talking I’ll walk and turn to avoid spikes (avoiding them at the right place, like I always do) but the server thinks I kept walking that way and 2 seconds into my new direction I’ll see the spikes go off on the other way and I will die. Jumping onto rocks and stopping but the server thinks I went right into the lava, so on and so forth.

Can we make it so that if you’re the only person in the SAB instance, it doesn’t need to stream from the server or however these things work, so that ping is not an issue? People with dodgy connections have to stick it out for much longer compared to others since we’re getting killed for doing the level correctly, pretty much.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

The term ‘face sliding’ made me giggle uncontrollably.

/irrelevant

| Lithia |