Farm boxes for new mats?

Farm boxes for new mats?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

I just wanted to confirm that by farming the current living world event for boxes – the new higher level mats will come from them on Tuesday?

I opened all of them like probably at least 300 Deluxe Gear Boxes alone so this will be a big blow if I could have received higher mats by just waiting a few days..

Thanks!!

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Mantis.5793

Mantis.5793

best bet is too just hold onto them. Thats what im doing anyways. Got close to 1000 boxes. Gonna take forever to open em all

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

best bet is too just hold onto them. Thats what im doing anyways. Got close to 1000 boxes. Gonna take forever to open em all

The worse part is salvaging all of them

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

The worse part is salvaging all of them

This :P I’m not looking forward to salvaging all those blues/greens.

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I’m looking forward to all the luck I’m gonna get from salvaging the blues/greens. I’m saving inventory and bank space by having 8 stacks of boxes instead of ~2000 green items until Tuesday.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

I posted this in another thread, but I worry that Anet will nerf the silver inside those boxes. 5-7 silver each times a stack or 2 is a significant loss.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Updating the loot tables is the easiest way, so current boxes will probably have the mats in them. Gear boxes might not however.

Further increasing the value of champion boxes is going to be a problem, so expect them to be nerfed in some way. For example, they might reduce or remove the silver or the green item in them or put a daily cap on obtaining them. It’s only a matter of time.

And yes, they will change the content of them without warning, since they’ve done it before.

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

So you guys think they will nerf the boxes? A lot of people saving their boxes, to open them on Tuesday(after the patch).

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

As long as they drop loads of the new mats, i could care less what else they drop.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Are the contents of the boxes generated when you open them? How does magic find work? Do you want MF when you get the boxes or when you open them?

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

It’s called a GEAR box. Guess what no new mats in it.

The new ascended mats will come from WvW towers/keeps, Temples and dungeons (probably bosses as well). Basically everything that is played less since the champ loot bags becaus the loot is subpar.

In addition lower tier matierals can be trasmuted into higher ones (similar how you can transmute Mithril to Orichalcum). Also obsidian shards and ectos can be used to create the new materials, which is the time gating component. And to round it up the ascended inscriptions are bought by using karma.

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

It’s called a GEAR box. Guess what no new mats in it.

The new ascended mats will come from WvW towers/keeps, Temples and dungeons (probably bosses as well). Basically everything that is played less since the champ loot bags becaus the loot is subpar.

Champ loot bags are dropping Bloodstone Dust. One of the three new drops you need.
Empyreal Shards are dropping from dungeons, mini-dungeons, JPs, and small WvW captures.
Dragonite Ore are dropping from world bosses, events that reward a chest, and large WvW captures.

Other than the Aetherblades, the Gear Boxes drop from champ Dredge and golems, so I doubt their loot table will get all that effected.

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

But what is the point in keeping all those boxes? Even if you have 1000+ of those mats, you can still convert them only once a day.

Its like hording 10 stacks of quarz, good job but what now?

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I can understand it on the quartz, since it’s a limited resource now, and you can only get 3-18(?) a day without buying it off the AH. The Bloodstone Dust is in no way limited, since the champ zerg in Frostsound is up 24/7. People probably just want to max out on it quickly though. One less thing to farm.

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Avatara.1042

As long as they drop loads of the new mats, i could care less what else they drop.

So you care?

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

So I can get Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Shards in dungeons. Then I go do a temple in Orr and I’ll have plenty of mats

Farm boxes for new mats?

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

But what is the point in keeping all those boxes? Even if you have 1000+ of those mats, you can still convert them only once a day.

Its like hording 10 stacks of quarz, good job but what now?

Wrong, those mats can be converted as much as you want per day. The only thing that is time gate is the mithrilium and its wooden counter part.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."