Help with ninjas in World 2

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I suck at the ninjas. They knock me off the bridge. They knock me off the raft. I fall off the raft trying to circle them. I just can’t get to the next part. I know I suck and am bound to get people coming in here to call me a noob, but I need any advice people can give me. Any suggestions?

(I was able to get master of applied jumping pretty easily in World 1 last April, but the new content seems a lot less about jumping and more about fighting to me. Maybe it’s different after the ninja fight.)

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The ninjas at the raft can be cheesed quite easily. Wait for one to spawn, and then don’t attack it. Instead, just run circles around the raft. Its leap-attacks will keep missing, and no new enemies will spawn.

The ninjas that throw stars are even easier, since you can use the hand-skill to deflect them back at them.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Strafing really helps against the red ninjas that evade and knock you back, actually its good against pretty much everything in the SAB. White ninjas are pretty simple, assuming you aren’t in a rough place and they snipe you their ninja stars.

As for the raft I found stunning them with a whip to be super effective. But in open combat stunning chance feels low since the chance to miss is very high. You can try range attacking them with the slingshot/bombs, but I feel the chance to hit with this stuff is really ridiculously bad. Glad my character doesn’t want to play baseball or something, jeeze.

The ninjas are a pain the butt though. Definitely the hardest enemy yet imo.

Edit: didn’t realize the palm deflected. Should of guessed since the boss fight did that. xD Nice to know.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Use the whip to permastun the very first one. No more will come.

Later on it’s highly recommended to get the nunchucks from one of the secret shops. Makes fighting them a bit less painful.

Hopefully with more practice, they’ll get easier. They have for me.. definitely gotta strafe a lot. The only time they make me rage a bit is when I have 3 attacking me in a narrow area. Highly annoying. ^^

And doh.. never thought of deflecting the stars. Thanks for the tip!