IMO Pay to Win

IMO Pay to Win

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

It is like they make new dungeons, like CoF, CM… but you can die only die 5 times then you need start over, and when you start over you can die only once, unless you buy gem item, then you can play normally.
Like SAB you don’t get anything from dungeon, just some skins.
And doesn’t matter that you can buy gem item with ingame money, in most pay2win games you can buy them with ingame gold too, but problem is that you need grind and kill your self with doing boring stuff that buy that while people who spend real money just can have fun.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

Infinite coin is p2w,
p2w is bad.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Infinite coin is p2w,
p2w is bad.

infinite coin is not pay to win.

it could only be considered pay to win when it can only be bought with real dollars. gems can be bought using in game gold. so it is not pay to win.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

I don’t really think so, no, don’t know if it have been said before but 600 gems is not much by game gold now that dungeons give 1g++.
Just go have some dungeon fun and buy the coin without spending a real money, i don’t see any problem.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

Two things:

a) I’ve been pretty bitter about this entire thing, but (taking his comments at face-value), it seems clear that Josh Foreman didn’t design the content with the ICC in mind.

b) Yes, the ICC is P2W. It gives you a massive boost to earning AP that others won’t have access to, meaning you can can AP rewards faster – improvements to your account-wide MF, gold gain, XP gain, etc. The infinite tools are NOT P2W, they’re a convenience item — the only benefit to owning them is that you save maybe a minute running back to town, and an infinitesimal amount of silver compared to the value of resources.

hahaha are you for REAL??
“Massive boost”??! come on buddy…
Like it matters kitten if you get that +1% some days earlier than others

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

guys are you kidding right? or is it a troll thread? maybe it’s only to give us a smile; aim reached

1) infinite coin is “only an item for a minigame” which also allows you to get coins from trash’s drop (i get like 15 continue coins on my guardian and 10 on my hunter)
2) there is a “exchange golds ofr gems button”; the price may be a bit high but remember the previous week and the big farm… it says you nothing? well, no one now has less then 50golds… really.
3) if you want to buy it with real money you can buy it with about 6€… are too many for you? then stop playing this minigame and come back to the rest of the world
4) i suggest you to make a party with 5 people ^^ i can ensure that you will find ton of fun anyway and all more easy
5) check your email box i’ve something to tell you ^^ (OP)

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

it could only be considered pay to win when it can only be bought with real dollars. gems can be bought using in game gold. so it is not pay to win.

Arin…. seriously?

You’ve been arguing your anti-P2W point from the beginning, I’d have liked you to have at least have refined your position by now.

Ignoring the fact that you could argue in game gold is still P2W. Instead I’ll simply focus on the fact that you assume everyone HAS enough in game gold and would NEVER use real life money to purchase an ICC.

This is incorrect.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

Arin…. seriously?

You’ve been arguing your anti-P2W point from the beginning, I’d have liked you to have at least have refined your position by now.

Ignoring the fact that you could argue in game gold is still P2W. Instead I’ll simply focus on the fact that you assume everyone HAS enough in game gold and would NEVER use real life money to purchase an ICC.

This is incorrect.

I don’t know why the kitten you ppl insist on “Pay2win”?
What exactly are the ppl with the ICC winning at?
You get 260 AP for tediously clearing TM on all 6 zones + all the other achievements.
You get Account-bound skins for clearing TM.

Where the kitten are they “winning”?
somebody care to explain it?

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Having just completed Tribulation Mode on World 1 Zone 1 last night I can lay to rest that this item is pay to win. It took me roughly 100 lives, I really wasn’t counting the number of time I ended up in Moto Hell, but that seems reasonable. It got better once I realized I could angle my camera into the pits to determine where they were.

Anyway, the reason this item isn’t pay to win is because even with this item giving them infinite retries there are plenty of people who will never be able to complete this because the ability is simply beyond them. This item makes it easier to continue playing and nothing more. If you can’t make a jump, you will keep dying, over and over. If you don’t have the coordination no number of lives will allow you to pass an area.

This should not be a possibility if it were actually pay to win. Obviously if you are paying to win you should be guaranteed a chance at winning. Since there is absolutely no guarantee of anything resembling success just because you have more lives, it legitimately can’t be pay to win.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I miss the GW2 part of GW2.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

IMO Pay to Win

Kal Spiro.9745

Why, it’s still there. If you want to do that, go play it. SAB hasn’t changed anything about the game.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Why, it’s still there. If you want to do that, go play it. SAB hasn’t changed anything about the game.

Achievement OCD. ^^

Before Living Story, I spent all my spare time in WvW.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Infinite coin is p2w,
p2w is bad.

Agreed, as i said what next 1 silver per footstep taken?

IMO Pay to Win

Kal Spiro.9745

Infinite coin is p2w,
p2w is bad.

What does that even mean? And in what way is it relevant to the ICC or anything about the ICC?

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Infinite coin is p2w,
p2w is bad.

What does that even mean? And in what way is it relevant to the ICC or anything about the ICC?

It means a fool and their money are easily parted!

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Montyro.2450

Montyro.2450

Guild Wars 2—— GW2——P2W—— Pay to Win (better skins, wich i repeat make you better than the rest becouse that are (the skins) the high end content of the game).

So ANet, continue making in-game poor people even more than they’re now, and rich people even richer than they are now. Nice job, as it’s usual on you.

p.d.: I wonder if any moderator or developer have ever take a look on this post (and talked about it with the “clever mind” who has the ideas for new Gem items) or this is just for creating verbal and nonsense debates between players, to get them fighting against each other and prevent them for seeing that the game is getting worse patch after patch.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

Guild Wars 2—— GW2——P2W—— Pay to Win (better skins, wich i repeat make you better than the rest becouse that are (the skins) the high end content of the game).

According to this argument, Aetherblade Heavy/Medium/Light, Braham’s Heavy, Magitech Medium, Phoenix Light, Krytan, Profane, and Primeval Armor skins are all “pay to win.”

From my experience in “Pay to win” games (which never kept my interest), you paid to get instant levels, superior gear either not available in the game or that required 100’s of hours of time (think putting Legendaries into the gem shop for $50 each), mounts/speed boosts that you can’t otherwise get, and instant skill unlocks.

That said, the closest Guild Wars has gotten to “Pay to win” was in the first game where people who only wanted to PvP could instantly unlock all of their skills by buying them for $10 instead of playing the PvE version of the game.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Do you even realize, that all you have to do is use in-game gold to buy that Coin? O_o It’s around 25-30g depending on the daily rate and by no means is that out of reach of ANYBODY who has played the invasions, does a bit of champion or dungeon farming etc. etc.

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Its official! Guild Wars 2 is officially pay to win. Infinite coin and tribulation mode makes it so. Sorry if you don’t see it that way but I do. Even world 2 zone 2 on infantile mode is way too hard for majority of people “who end up running out of continue coins (pay for this kitten kitten Infinite Continue Coin to keep playing)”. I speak for my guild and the things they have brought to my attention. I love SAB and have Distinction in Applied Jumping. But World 2 zone 2 seems a bit too long and too hard for most people and not enough baubles to make it worth the effort. When we can just farm World 1 easy peasy and get several bubbles in just one run….

I concurr.

Are you Shpongled?

IMO Pay to Win

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

Reading all these QQ posts, I can say only one thing. You do NOT have idea what Pay 2 Win is. Why? Let me give you some examples:
You do NOT get better armors, weapons, runes etc if you made Tribulation mode.
You do NOT have to pay real money for gems to buy this infinity coin. There is currency exchange option if you dont know.
And quick note to everyone who say: “OMG buying gems for my gold ? Its too expensive! P2W! Hate Anet for that” or something like that. Dear complaining players. Anet gave us HUGE farming possibilities. Champions, massive events in Clockwork Chaos, Gauntlet, Pavilon, Dungeons, Gold from Achievment Boxes, even GEMS from achievment boxes. For now, gaining 30 gold is few hours of playing.

So if you are telling me, that Anet is a monster company who made Pay 2 Win system in GW2, you probably dont know what P2W is.