Infinite Coin is NOT Required

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

You can easily get 175 lives from doing a single sweep of your daily world 1 run. This leaves you with plenty of lives. Seriously people, do you even KNOW you can trade bauble bubbles for them? One gives you 5 coins. 1 coin gives 5 lives.

I know SAB is hard, but do you really need more then 175 lives a day? I got World 1 tribulation done last night on bauble bubbles alone. Didn’t even have any from April left over.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

This is good to hear.

Was hearing how hard it was to get baubles so trying to “progress” in the hard stuff was a huge PITA grind.

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

when you think about it, infinite coin is something you should absolutely not have when trying Tribulation Mode. To even attempt to complete this you should have no life at all.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

LinkR.6190

Grinding for baubles for coins is certainly a grind. Thankfully you can get by with just bauble bubbles and baubles if you get desperate. Heck, I think some of those jumping puzzles would probably be faster then getting 50 baubles.
Although I can see the irony in farming a jumping puzzle to feed lives into a jumping puzzle that you clearly have trouble with :x

LinkR.6190

when you think about it, infinite coin is something you should absolutely not have when trying Tribulation Mode. To even attempt to complete this you should have no life at all.

Are you indicating treb requires a crazy amount of your time to accomplish? For some maybe, but that is so not the case. Plenty of people got it done from day 1 including myself. How is doing something in a day considered a no lifer activity?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Treb mode is rather easy once you get infinite continues. If like me you entered it with a limited stock (I never farmed those in the previous SAB, it wasn’t needed and I consider them to be cheap) and found yourself stuck with only one life instead of 5 and having to leave the instance every two deaths, and waiting for the loading screen, and for all purposes playing as if there was no check point at all, yeah it was kind of hard.

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

sorry i just tried to keep things fun, didnt think you would pick up on it this way :p my apologies.

i also completed w1 z1 today, and im telling you, im not gonna stop until i have all the achievements that come with this event

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

LinkR.6190

Treb mode is rather easy once you get infinite continues. If like me you entered it with a limited stock (I never farmed those in the previous SAB, it wasn’t needed and I consider them to be cheap) and found yourself stuck with only one life instead of 5 and having to leave the instance every two deaths, and waiting for the loading screen, and for all purposes playing as if there was no check point at all, yeah it was kind of hard.

Then perhaps you should read my original post a little better. Just kill the 3 bosses in world 1 for 6 bauble bubbles and the bonus round after for another 1. You really do not need much to do that at least.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Sorry but from my perspective, which is unspoiled Treb mode, I couldn’t commit to that. There was zero indication on how many lives you’d need to complete it and running out of lives means having to exit and lose all checkpoint progress. So, how many of those precious baubles should I have traded for continues? Knowing that I also need those to buy actual skins that matter :p

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You can buy coins with Bubbles, but some people want to save those for skins, and you don’t really get enough to do both (save for skins and get enough lives for tribulation mode) with the new limitations on bauble farming.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

That also means you’re spending all your daily rewards on continue coins, though.
And being SAB a limited time content, such rewards are limited as well. Thus…quite a waste.

LinkR.6190

You don’t need bauble bubbles if you take the time to get good at tribulation. Hell, you can get a weapon skin once a day even. Much more efficient than saving them up. Unless of course, you prefer the blue version which is understandable.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

You don’t need bauble bubbles if you take the time to get good at tribulation. Hell, you can get a weapon skin once a day even. Much more efficient than saving them up. Unless of course, you prefer the blue version which is understandable.

You’re speaking from the perspective of someone who is highly skilled at this kind of content. Most people aren’t. I doubt the average player would even consider attempting to get good at tribulation.

Posted by: XIIIBlade.6574

XIIIBlade.6574

You’re speaking from the perspective of someone who is highly skilled at this kind of content. Most people aren’t. I doubt the average player would even consider attempting to get good at tribulation.

Yes, I am one of those below average players at this that I thank the existence of the Infinite Coin, and too embarrassed to party with other players for assistance. I am left to be contented with what I can achieve in SAB.

Then again I doubt I would even understand what I wrote above if I was in my youth.

When you open your mouth, make sure you brushed your teeth.

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

I did buy the infinite coin (with gold → gems from the 5k achiev chest) because I’m mapping out tribulation mode, to help with the wiki and guides.

It’s indeed quite unnecessary if you are skilled and not repeat the same mistakes over and over. You can get enough lives to do tribulation mode without too much trouble.

The coin has its uses for people who love to just explore, like me. And when I bought it I also considered the existence of world 3, 4 and 5(?), worlds that will undoubtedly be even harder, with an even more unforgiving tribulation mode.

I can outrun a centaur.

LinkR.6190

I apologize, I did not mean any ill will or to give off any elitist undertones. I merely wanted people to be aware of how many lives they can get for free. Shoot me a whisper any time if you are stuck on figuring out where to go in world 1. I’ll try and help where I can.