Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Basically will 1h and 2h infusions be balanced?

Will 1h only have 1 weapon’s infusion function? Will 2h just get a double bonus on their’s or two infusion slots?

How will this work? Having 1h weapons with a functioning infusion slot each and only 1 slot for 2h provides a serious disadvantage for 2h weapon players.

This is pretty important, especially for fractals players.

Also, will we be seeing the fractal cap being raised, seeing as we can assume that the agony resist limit will be raised?

noice

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

I honestly don’t see a big problem in this (since release … considering all the “2h weps only have one sigil slot”-flames in spvp). You know … 2 weapons are more than 1. You gotta deal with it imo!

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m a little nervous about this too. I play FotM a lot and mainly use a GS except during ranged fights, and if it’ll lower my AR by 5 I might have to swap to Sword+shield.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

mexay.3902

I honestly don’t see a big problem in this (since release … considering all the “2h weps only have one sigil slot”-flames in spvp). You know … 2 weapons are more than 1. You gotta deal with it imo!

I can see your point, but here’s the issue:

Sigils only affect the current weapon they use, with the soul exception of stacking sigils.

Crit chance, endurance regen, effect on crit, etc. They all work for that weapon and that one alone.

If you take a look at infusions, however, they are direct stat bonuses. Sure, most are only +5, but it comes into play when we talk about agony resist.

+5 agony resist is the difference between life and death sometimes, particularly at 48.

Buuut in the long run there isn’t much I can do if they don’t make it balanced, other than come here and complain that it was a really bad balance decision.

noice

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How is this an issue? People with one handed weapons already get two sigils with an offhand compared to those with two handed weapons. It makes perfect sense that each weapon has its own infusion slot and those with one handed weapons and an offhand have two infusion slots to use.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

mexay.3902

How is this an issue? People with one handed weapons already get two sigils with an offhand compared to those with two handed weapons.

See the post above your’s.

noice

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

No, I still don’t see it. In many fights, you are always changing the weapons between 2h and 2 1h … so if you get hit while you have the 2h on you, it might hurt a little bit more, so be prepared and have your other set or … how about avoiding it?

Yes, there are classes which can’t wep swap so they might be stuck with a single 2h weapon, but come on … an ele for example has enough to counter this.

I don’t think it is a balance issue. I actually think it IS balanced this way. As I said, 2 weapons are more than 1.

But before we discuss this for no reason, let’s see how it will work in the end.

(edited by Acerola.6407)

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: pudin.8735

pudin.8735

Ayrilana, this issue is more about FoTM than sigils.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

It’s still def an issue with sigils though. I’ve always thought it was odd that 2h weapons didn’t get 2 slots. IMHO they should.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

mexay.3902

No, I still don’t see it. In many fights, you are always changing the weapons between 2h and 2 1h … so if you get hit while you have the 2h on you, it might hurt a little bit more, so be prepared and have your other set or … how about avoiding it?

Yes, there are classes which can’t wep swap so they might be stuck with a single 2h weapon, but come on … an ele for example has enough to counter this.

I don’t think is a balance issue. I actually think it IS balanced this way.

I’m not sure I see your reasoning. Are you saying that because two one handed weapons have the ability for two mutually exclusive sigils that only work for that weapon’s skills, infusions should provide an outright bonus.

You don’t get any ‘buff’ or ‘nerf’ (well, there is a tiny one, as the stats are 1 value less, currently) with two handed weapons. They’re reasonably balanced. Infusions would break this.

Think about it. With two one handed, you get +10 fully functioning agony resist. With 1 one handed, you get +5.

With two one handed, you get a 33% chance on hit to create a fire blast with 3 skills and a 33% chance to create a fire blast with two skills (not sure on functionality with thieves). With one two handed you get a 33% chance to create a fire blast on hit with 5 skills, the same as the two one handed.

As far as mechanics are concerned, one handed and two handed is for the most part, balanced. This would bring an imbalance if it doesn’t have the same functionality as sigils, where it only affects that particular weapon. If it does then there is no problem and you’re right, it balances.

noice

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

mexay.3902

It’s still def an issue with sigils though. I’ve always thought it was odd that 2h weapons didn’t get 2 slots. IMHO they should.

You’re probably one of the many who don’t understand how sigils work. They only affect that weapon’s skills. The exception being stacking sigils.

123 is right hand, 45 is left hand. 12345 is both hands for 2h weps. Balanced.

noice

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

You’re probably one of the many who don’t understand how sigils work. They only affect that weapon’s skills. The exception being stacking sigils.

I thought that sigils effected all weapons in the weapon set? IE:
-Say i have a superior sigil of accuracy on main hand and a superior sigil of earth in offhand.
-When weilding this set my crit chance goes up by 5% (effecting both weapons)
-Also, even though sigil of earth is slotted in offhand, both offhand AND mainhand have 60% chance to bleed on crit.

Am i wrong about this?

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

As others said, this wasn’t a problem with sigils.

2-handed weapons average damage is naturally higher too than 1 handed weapons to compensate (so it is like they come with a damage sigil).

2-handed weapons are usually better balanced than 1-handed weapons too as they don’t have to take in mind all the different combinations. This is why Shortbow is the only Thief weapon where you use every skill.

Higher natural damage and usually better balancing compensates enough for this IMO.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

No, unless the wiki is completely wrong, sigils can proc from any of your skills, including utility and toolbelt skills. The only exceptions are phantasms and turrets. Refer to the on-critical section and the notes at the bottom of that page.

Other than having slightly higher damage ranges, the lack of a sigil on 2h weapons is in no way balanced, IMO.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Harsekyugan.4672

Harsekyugan.4672

Just tested – I put sigil for lightning strikes ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Air ) to my offhand and used only mainhand (that has sigil for +5% dmg) – lightning bolt triggered, so Mexay, you are wrong -> sigils apply for both mainhand and offhand skills (although 2 sigils of the same type do not stack)

Attachments:

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

mexay.3902

Just tested – I put sigil for lightning strikes ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Air ) to my offhand and used only mainhand (that has sigil for +5% dmg) – lightning bolt triggered, so Mexay, you are wrong -> sigils apply for both mainhand and offhand skills (although 2 sigils of the same type do not stack)

This is news. It may just be certain sigils then, because I recall a thread on guru experimenting with this.

I guess I’m wrong then. They need to fix sigils. My bad.

Still, infusion needs to be right too.

noice

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

2Handers not having 2 Sigils has something to do limitations in how the system was out into place, a dev commented on this a few weeks ago.

So odds are that unless this issue is addressed then 2 handers will only get 1 infusion slot, but that they’ll likely address this some time in the future.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

How about they just create large sigils and infusions for 2 hand weapons and keep our current sigils as only usable in 1 handed.

The large sigils cant just be 2x the current ones so the numbers would have to be worked on.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

This is news. It may just be certain sigils then, because I recall a thread on guru experimenting with this.

I guess I’m wrong then. They need to fix sigils. My bad.

Still, infusion needs to be right too.

It has been like this since I can remember (before game release). +damage sigil is for everything, + condition duration is for everything, on crit effect are on everything, etc…

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

^THIS^

This post really needs to be in the Dungeons Forum. I get that FoTM players want more Agony Resist w/ 2H weapons, but it would actually make 2H weapons overpowered elsewhere. Doubt it’s going to happen.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

They were supposed to fix 2handed weapons to have 2 sigils slots, but they never did. I’m willing to bet infusion slots will be the same.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Everyone who says that it is no problem and wants to prove it by sigils never played 30+ fractals.
It is issue! 5 AR can and eventualy will decide about your life and death. 2h weapons should have 2 infusions.

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

daros.3407

^THIS^

This post really needs to be in the Dungeons Forum. I get that FoTM players want more Agony Resist w/ 2H weapons, but it would actually make 2H weapons overpowered elsewhere. Doubt it’s going to happen.

It would not make 2h weapons OP it would balance AR. Becouse it will be big problem for staff eles, GS/staff guards, Rifle engis, Bow/GS rangers and more….

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

This really isn’t a comparable issue to sigils at all. Sigils are helpful and often give you additional bonuses or utilities but you can play the game without them. I don’t recommend it of course. Yet it can be done.

Fractals of the Mists is an entirely different matter. As others have said, a difference of 5 agony resistance can be the different between life and death. It’s significant in 30+ and it’s absolutely necessary for survival in 40+. An imbalance of 5 AR between a two handed weapon and a main hand/off hand weapon set would be game breaking in fractals. Two handed weapons should absolutely have two infusion slots for this reason.

And honestly, if you’re worried about two handed weapons becoming imbalanced because they have the exact same bonuses from infusions as wielding a main hand/off hand weapon set, then you’re misunderstanding what infusions do. Two infusion slots would actually make the increase in stats balanced. It wouldn’t impact anything else two handed weapons do.

Total bonus from two infusion slots on a two handed weapon: +10. Total bonus from main hand/off hand: +10. How would this make two handed weapons overpowered? I don’t get it.

TL;DR: Infusions are not the ascended equivalent of sigils and in order to keep one handed and two handed weapons balanced, two handed weapons should have two infusion slots so the bonuses given from the infusions are identical.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

daros.3407

……….

Exactly……I fear future in which are 2h builds kicked from high lvl fractals becouse of low AR :-D
Or future posts on gw2lfg ,,50+ fractals only 80 lvl…dual wield!" :-D

(edited by daros.3407)

Infusion Slots. 1h & 2h

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

They can fix this fairly easily by simply changing the amount of AR bonus based on the weapon type. There’s no need for an extra slot.