It was too easy! Tribulation Mode complete!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You only say it was easy because of your Infinite continue coin. Without it, you would be dying so often that you would have quit long ago

It’s infinite continue coins, not infinite health.

You know what’d be really interesting/facepalm-worthy? If, at the end of the month, someone makes a post saying that they bought the ICC, couldn’t complete TM, and want a refund…

Yeah I would definitely /facepalm if someone did that. Even with all of the continue coins, whether from the infinite or just farming them, you still need the skill to get through it.

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

Consider the fact that games of this type, including the ones Josh himself referenced as his inspiration for Tribulation Mode, all give you infinite lives as a rule.

Whether you buy an Infinite Continue Coin or you stock up on regular ones, the fact is you will need a lot of lives because death is an intrinsic part of the mode’s design. That’s why games like this give you infinite lives…

And so did ANet.

I felt the coin was worth it simply by virtue of the fact SAB isn’t going away any time soon and I fully intend to finish TM on all worlds in the future, so its value is greater than a singular release. Judging that value is something left to each individual. It does not diminish the time, effort, and practice it takes to finish a zone on TM. Those of us who do so enjoy the journey and take pride in its completion.

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Congrats. I’ll keep that in mind when I put together TM for the next world.

Josh. What do you call a mode that’s beyond “Tribulation Mode”?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Maybe 1% of players will get this but there is nothing to keep in mind about it.

If you are planning to start having contents that are targeted only for certain players then please let us causal players know in advance….The gantlets champ 1v1 fight were already hard and now this….I understand that you need to satisfy both casual and hardcore players but I guess this is going to be the new way of things.

Congratz to the players that complete this achievement.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Maybe 1% of players will get this but there is nothing to keep in mind about it.

If you are planning to start having contents that are targeted only for certain players then please let us causal players know in advance….The gantlets champ 1v1 fight were already hard and now this….I understand that you need to satisfy both casual and hardcore players but I guess this is going to be the new way of things.

Congratz to the players that complete this achievement.

How were you not informed? Especially for Tribulation Mode? Everything about it explained what it was, and it isn’t like it’s the only content. You can still play the base game.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I for one wasnt interest in SAB at all but I knew what Tribulation mode was. They didnt hide this for a single second that it was not for everyone. Queens Gauntlet was really really easy as well.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

One of the dark rules of the Internet. If someone completes some challenge, he will claim it to be “easy” no matter how hard it actually was. Its like Usain Bolt beating world record in 100m sprint and then say “easy”.

I completed W1 on TM and now working on W2. I will probably complete it but I would have to be out of my mind to honestly call this “easy”. I am over 30 years old, I played hundreds of games during my life including those classic platformers on SNES, Mario 64, Ninja Gaiden, Dark Souls and such. In this perspective, SAB TM is not easy. Its doable, sure. But not easy. Stop creating those covert “I have more skill than you” elitist topics please. Enjoy your success and if you still want harder things to do, go with some meaningful lifelong goal.

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

One more thing. Save yourself a major headache and a burn out; get the infinite coin. I bought it with ingame gold and I don’t think I would have had the heart to farm all those lives I lost in TM. Especially w2z2 and w2z3 are brutal and I wouldn’t want to do them without the coin.

Ivonbeton.6814

Josh, it was very hard and long, but not impossible. A lot of it was a learning process where you had to learn the way you had to go and do spot on jumps. However, there were a few things that bothered me in TM :

- the sometimes seemingly arbitrary knockdowns while in midair (e.g you jumped off a water geiser and if it goes down while you are in midair, it knocks you out of the air)

-some ground/wall spikes are triggered way too easily (especially since there is no way to tell where they are)

-world 2 zone 2 and 3 are very tricky because they are so long. Meaning that if you lagout or crash (which is increasingly likely the further you progress), you have to start from scratch.

-this is probably an engine problem, but I’ll mention it anyway: some jumps are really difficult to do with lower fps. I’m about recommended specs with my PC but some (e.g lava) areas gave me really low fps and for some reason on a lot of occassions you jump less far or less high because of it.

You can disregard my opinion if you like, I just thought I’d share! Great content, I enjoyed it while raging!

Posted by: Danigar.3795

Danigar.3795

Just completed 2-2 trib mode. I tried to use the shortcut eagle. The whole time I was telling myself there is no way they are going to let me get away with this. I was right, best laugh I’ve had in TM yet. Well played Josh&team

Posted by: Josip.8267

Josip.8267

Saying easy with infinite coin in your inventory. Oh the irony…

ICC doesn’t make TM easy, it only reduces downtime. It doesn’t even make it easier, it just means you’re in Moto Hell half as often and you don’t have to stop occasionally to resupply coins. It allows you to do it in one run per zone rather than a couple. Once you’ve gotten past an area you’re pretty much good for it anyway.

To be honest for me looks like you would say game it easy when you beat it on easy mode. Beating the game without any coins would mean tribulation mode would be easy for me.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Too easy with over 1000 deaths and a PTW gem store item? Right…

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Please, stop the P2W whining. This game doesn’t have any P2W Item. The coin isn’t really giving you an advantage, because it is very easy to get the bauble bubbles. One bauble bubble gives you 5 coins and each coins gives you 5 Lives. It isn’t hard to get enough lives for the tribulation modes with the bauble bubbles.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The P2W coin sadly takes all of the prestige out of this.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Stop that p2w crap, please.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

For all the people saying Pay to Win, it really isn’t difficult to get continue coins. You can do solely World 1 for 7 bauble bubbles one day, which comes out to 35 continue coins. You can do three days preparation for Tribulation mode, and have 105 continue coins. that is 525 lives.

Tribulation mode is very difficult but not impossible, World 1 took me and a buddy about 70 continue coins, with trial and error jumping. If you looked up a guide you could probably do it with 10 continue coins. There are ample opportunities to get tons of continue coins, you absolutely do not have to get the infinite version because it is not needed.

For the people who say the infinite coin is for convenience, honestly 50 lives will last you a good amount of time, and if you really don’t like being in Moto’s continue room for that twenty extra seconds then you don’t have the patience for Tribulation mode.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

If you died thousand times it’s not that easy now is it.
But congrats anyway

Sure it is, go jump off a cliff 1000 times. Was that hard?

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

Whether you take your time to farm enough gold to buy an Infinite Coin, or you spend it farming regular Continue Coins is just an efficiency trade-off.

This sort of side-progression does nothing to harm the core game philosophy and provides an interesting alternative gameplay style to keep things varied.

We’re not here to bikeshed, let’s instead focus the thread on how awesome Tribulation Mode turned out and what more challenging content can add to the game.

I’d be delighted to see a little more spice in the next installment of Super Adventure Box.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

LOL of course it is too easy. You and everyone else who have complete it have brought the infinite life token.

Difficulty have no meaning if you have a lot of free time and no penalty. Anyone can do it if they don’t mind dying a few hundred or thousand time and can spare 30 to 40 hours doing it over and over again.

I won’t call this fun or anyone who done it skilled. I’ll most likely do it myself at the last week of SAB for my achivements points. ATM I have better things to do now like farming for ascended gears.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

LOL of course it is too easy. You and everyone else who have complete it have brought the infinite life token.

Difficulty have no meaning if you have a lot of free time and no penalty. Anyone can do it if they don’t mind dying a few hundred or thousand time and can spare 30 to 40 hours doing it over and over again.

I won’t call this fun or anyone who done it skilled. I’ll most likely do it myself at the last week of SAB for my achivements points. ATM I have better things to do now like farming for ascended gears.

For world 1 it took about an hour or two total and one run of normal mode W1 worth of bubbles to beat. Just cause you can’t handle it doesn’t mean the ICC is worth anything. It’s a convenience, nothing more.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ivonbeton.6814

For the people who say the infinite coin is for convenience, honestly 50 lives will last you a good amount of time, and if you really don’t like being in Moto’s continue room for that twenty extra seconds then you don’t have the patience for Tribulation mode.

Have you tried it before a guide was out? Honestly 50 lives didn’t last you even one checkpoint mostly. Maximum two. But even then, I went for convenience. I’d rather f"arm" 30g while playing the game then go purposly farm baubbles. To each his own.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I haven’t read the whole thread but pretty sure I get the general idea of both sides. As someone that has completed TM and several of the achievements but not all yet. I’m going to chime in a little.

I do not agree with the coin being a P2W item at all. As the content still remains difficult but I will admit that it does make it far more accessible then people are giving it credit for overall. It is also making these same people who would have not done TM otherwise think it was easy because the cost of death is so low to them. That they are not really wrapping their head around it. They died a thousand times but because they never had to go farm, start over, etc. They see it as -easy- and they are more willing to overlook bad mechanics or RNG due to this coin as well. These same people also have large segments of free time so having to spend several hours to figure something out without a guide is not an issue for them. (Yes, when you do something on normal you are learning the default path layout so stuff in TM is easier to find, etc. So it counts.)

Even so several parts of the content require timing and skill to do. So even without the coin many would still be unable to do it. However on the other hand there is a ton of RNG in SAB that is just bad. You end up dying more then you should due to many inconsistencies in how your character clips, paths, ice reacts to sliding, enemy spawns that make no sense, and more.

I think pride is keeping many people from admitting the flaws in SAB. Even if the guy behind it is a fun guy with a nice idea. It doesn’t take out the flaws of SAB noted above or other issues like the fact the levels are just too stinking long. Even more so just because it is -world 2- not 4 or the final level but just -world 2-.

I like challenging content but TM left me with more of a bad taste. Just world 2 zones that is I liked the world 1 designs. Not something I’d recommend to my friends as fair challenging content.

PS: If you look at some Reddit threads the end of the first day had videos. I didn’t know about them till last night because I wasn’t looking but unless you did it within the first hours it is harder to claim that. I did TM world 1 as soon as the patch went live worked on those till I finished them and did world 2 zones 1-2 TM without doing normal the next day and 3 earlier today. All you have is my word though that I only used a guide for 3 because I was sick of TM by then and just wanted it done.

All anyone has for ANYONE on these forums is their word and lets be honest. Due to gamer pride it isn’t worth much anymore.

(edited by KorKor.9452)

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

Continue coins are incredibly easy to get. There’s no difference between having an infinite coin and farming the regular ones. Quit making it out to be that there is one.

And yet everyone who’s gotten through it has used the infinite coin… strange huh?

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

WAY to easy.

Make it twice as hard next time and stop listening to all those whining guys.

A hardmode is supposed to be hard, If you can’t make it, you simply don’t deserve it.

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

People need to look up what pay to win actually means. Pay to Win is where you buy gear that is ONLY available by purchase with cash and gives the player an advantage over others. For example, if ascended gear were only available for purchase with cash, that would be PTW. Cosmetic skins would not be. I would also consider purchasable Gem Store items that speed up the timers for ascended crafting.

Infinite continue coin is not a PTW item. For one, you get ZERO advantage over other players from playing SAB. Two, you can easily farm 7 bauble bubbles in 15-20 min from world 1 and convert to coming us tokens netting you 35 continue coins which give 6 useable lives (counting when you have 00). That’s 210 lives which is more than enough. The majority of players also rely on guides, which now there are plenty of, taking away the actual trial and error.

You get quite a large amount of AP for completing the Tribulation Mode achievements.

Posted by: AppleHack.7340

AppleHack.7340

Continue coins are incredibly easy to get. There’s no difference between having an infinite coin and farming the regular ones. Quit making it out to be that there is one.

And yet everyone who’s gotten through it has used the infinite coin… strange huh?

And where did you get this information from? Being able to see if every person who completed TM used an infinity coin is quite amazing and i would like to see your sources.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

There was no guide when we did it. We triggered about every trap to find the right way, so the death count is probably in the thousands.

yeah, sounds too easy. /sarcasm

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Consider the fact that games of this type, including the ones Josh himself referenced as his inspiration for Tribulation Mode, all give you infinite lives as a rule.

Whether you buy an Infinite Continue Coin or you stock up on regular ones, the fact is you will need a lot of lives because death is an intrinsic part of the mode’s design. That’s why games like this give you infinite lives…

Do you know why those games were designed that way? The reason behind being designed the the idea of infinite continues? It wasn’t because they thought it was good design. It wasn’t because they wanted to make a better, more enjoyable game.

It was to screw you out of quarters and make money at your expense!

If this is the message Anet wants to send it’s playerbase: that they’re MORE interested in screwing the players than making an enjoyable game, then it’s a good sign to start looking for a new game to play.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

For the love of god please stop this continue coin complains. Its a convenience item.

If there was no continue coin in gemstore w2 tribulation mode would take hardcore folks 3-5 more days (spent on BB grind in normal mode). Instead of that they completed zones earlier and now community can enjoy video guildes on youtube.

At the end of the day it saves time to everyone, especially those who complain. Lets be honest here, you ‘casual’ folks would have no chance to complete TM without guides. Hardcore players do not complain by default cause 600 gems is like nothing if you know how to play this game

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Danigar.3795

Danigar.3795

If the infinite coin is pay to win simply because it allows you to complete content faster, then nearly everything on the gem store can be considered pay to win. Exp, Karma, Crafting, Glory, and WXP boosters all allow people who purchase them to complete content faster. Heck, the swim speed booster allows to complete water based content faster than other. GW2 PvE endgame is largely based around collecting skins. I can buy a number of great looking skins off the gem store, allowing me to get a better appearance faster than other players. The infinite gathering tools allow me to collect all the resources I want without having to buy more tools. Therefore I can do it faster than others. Additional bag slots allow me to keep more items in my inventory and not have to visit a vendor as often, allowing me to complete a wide variety of content faster. Bank/Merchant/TP Express items allow me to quickly access those services anywhere, allowing my to do content faster since I don’t have to go back to a city. Most of these things have been available since launch. Why are you guys just now deciding to cry about pay to win?

The coin is a convenience item. The horse is dead, please stop beating it.

showtime.9175

If the infinite coin is pay to win simply because it allows you to complete content faster, then nearly everything on the gem store can be considered pay to win. Exp, Karma, Crafting, Glory, and WXP boosters all allow people who purchase them to complete content faster. Heck, the swim speed booster allows to complete water based content faster than other. GW2 PvE endgame is largely based around collecting skins. I can buy a number of great looking skins off the gem store, allowing me to get a better appearance faster than other players. The infinite gathering tools allow me to collect all the resources I want without having to buy more tools. Therefore I can do it faster than others. Additional bag slots allow me to keep more items in my inventory and not have to visit a vendor as often, allowing me to complete a wide variety of content faster. Bank/Merchant/TP Express items allow me to quickly access those services anywhere, allowing my to do content faster since I don’t have to go back to a city. Most of these things have been available since launch. Why are you guys just now deciding to cry about pay to win?

You are speaking my mind. I don’t understand how the infinite continue coin is any different from the other things you cited.

Posted by: Artemis.4059

Artemis.4059

Wrong.

Difficulty still has a meaning, as even lots of time and determination won’t make you magically complete TM if you lack jumping skills and appropriate eye-hand coordination. You can watch guides, you can buy infinite coins, try 100000 times, but if you can’t jump (or can’t manage to learn to jump) that well, you will still lose. THAT’s why people who completed this have skill.

It is the same with any sport. How many people play tennis / football etc on the world?

Tons of people.

How many of them takes it seriously, want to be best in it, try hardest as they can to achieve it?

Much less, but still many.

How many of them actually make it and are proffesional, world best etc?

Only a handful of them.

Pure time and determination are not enough to succeed. SURE, there are people who WILL do it because of many many attempts, memorizing and improving in jumping, but there will be plenty of people who even with their preserverance – will fail. Same as many sportsmans won’t become champions even they tried so hard.

Posted by: Deroy.2457

Deroy.2457

Nice infinite continue coin.

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

You are speaking my mind. I don’t understand how the infinite continue coin is any different from the other things you cited.

It is because many people either don’t know or have never expirienced true pay to win.

Pay to win would be a PvP finisher that had half the casting time. Or an item that allowed you to cap towers faster.

Pay to win would be a battering ram that could down gates in half the time.

In Super Adventure Box’s case, pay to win would be actual content or skins locked behind gems. If the Infinite coin unlocked a secret level or bonus world that you couldn’t access otherwise.

Pay to win has to give you power others can not obtain. Or make the actual content easier I guess.

But I’d say even if they made boots you could buy at the gem store that made you immune to spikes it still wouldn’t be pay to win in the true sense of the word. although it would be closer.

Josip.8267

You said at the start that tribulation mode is EASY. The fact that you need infinite coin said that you died probably 100+ times. Dying 100 times doesn’t look like easy content. At least not for you.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Coin is PTW I know I already was forced to buy it after I start on the tribulation mode,you would literary have no time to nothing but farm coins if you try it without PTW coin and soon you have the 1000 coin you need to beat it the event would be over ;P

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Difficulty was fine. It was increasingly difficult for me because I am in Australia and the ping/lag kills are hard to comprehend at times.

Obviously the game is easier when you know the safe path but to find it was difficult enough.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

CryxTryx.9208

Coin is PTW I know I already was forced to buy it after I start on the tribulation mode,you would literary have no time to nothing but farm coins if you try it without PTW coin and soon you have the 1000 coin you need to beat it the event would be over ;P

I could have easily farmed the amount of lives I need to beat Trib mode. 5 coins gives you 25 lives. I currently have over 30 coins sitting there doing nothing just from farming zone one for bubble baubles. That isn’t spending all even farming.

It sounds like FOR YOU the infinite coin was ‘pay to play’ because you didn’t want to farm coins. It didn’t help you win though, you still have to complete each jump, it only helps you stay in the game.

As Josh said, the continue coin opened up Tribulation mode to a wider base of players with out actually making the content easier.

Just because for you the coin was required, doesn’t mean it was for everyone.

showtime.9175

A life costs 5 baubles. Completing a single zone gives you at least 500 baubles in TM. If you die more than 100 times per zone after completing it once, why are you playing in tribulation mode?

Posted by: Artemis.4059

Artemis.4059

You said at the start that tribulation mode is EASY. The fact that you need infinite coin said that you died probably 100+ times. Dying 100 times doesn’t look like easy content. At least not for you.

I think you do not understand the whole idea of tribulation mode. It IS about dying. Dying to know where the traps are, to find a correct path. Dying in TM is NOTHING BAD, and number of deaths doesn’t show the level of difficulty in this case. It shows only that someone managed to figure it out faster etc.

However, TM is not easy – not because of many deaths included, but because of tough jumps.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Doesn’t sound like it was easy if you died thousands. However, good job on grinding it out though infinite coin kinda minuses your effort.

CryxTryx.9208

Doesn’t sound like it was easy if you died thousands. However, good job on grinding it out though infinite coin kinda minuses your effort.

Have you completed it?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Have you completed it?

If yes, what’s your point?

Josip.8267

I think you do not understand the whole idea of tribulation mode. It IS about dying. Dying to know where the traps are, to find a correct path. Dying in TM is NOTHING BAD, and number of deaths doesn’t show the level of difficulty in this case. It shows only that someone managed to figure it out faster etc.

However, TM is not easy – not because of many deaths included, but because of tough jumps.

I understand, but you don’t need to die 1000 times to figure out the path.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

ye if u buy their stupid COIN IN THE gem store is to easy

CryxTryx.9208

Have you completed it?

If yes, what’s your point?

I ask because the way you talk about it leads me to beileve you have not. I understand the impression that Tribulation mode is some mindless grind bashing your head against a wall until you can eventually squeeze through the crack but there is more to it then that.

There are many difficult jumps and many places where you have to preform multiple difficult jumps in a row with out making a mistake or you start over.

The continue coin has no bearing on the difficulty of Tribulation mode except that you don’t have to farm baubles and coins before hand.

Posted by: bewaffled.5182

bewaffled.5182

Countless deaths does not count as easy, and I did not find it that easy. The length and random/crash/boot fear just adds to the frustration of an already hard mode. While the “Infinite Coin” does help calm that (due to not having to worry about lives) anyone claiming that it’s “P2W” hasn’t beaten Tribulation mode, lmao. Especially the last boss. More importantly;

What Do ANET? <3

Attachments:

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

The point is- if you’re saying it’s too easy, why did you need to buy unlimited lives, and why did you die thousands of times?

Posted by: iplayBANJO.9543

iplayBANJO.9543

World 2 Zone 2 was easily the most difficult in my opinion. I think a big part of it is that it just seems too long. It could almost be split up into 2 different zones and be good. World 2 Zone 3 was very cool though. I have only played World 2 on Trib Mode so far so I’m not sure how it compares to the normal mode, but there were so many precise corner jumps and difficult timings involved in getting through Zone 3 that is was by far my favorite.

Don’t listen to the whiners Anet, SAB is wonderful. I still even have 33 continue coins and some baubble bubbles. I put my Infinite Continue coin away when I got through World 1. I spent the majority of my Baubble Bubbles on Continue Coins and so wouldn’t be able to afford the blue Super Skins, but the trade off is that I have Green and Yellow skins. By the way, I still have 45 Baubble Bubbles, which each can be traded for 5 continue coins. So I have 258 Continue Coins still available to me. I did farm a lot of Baubble Bubbles last time SAB was around though and started with plenty more than most people would have.

Attachments:

showtime.9175

The point is- if you’re saying it’s too easy, why did you need to buy unlimited lives, and why did you die thousands of times?

I’m permanently carrying 750 baubles and have now started to deposit them in my bank whenever I get out of SAB. I bought the ICC initially, but I realize it wasn’t at all necessary. 750 baubles represents 150 lives. You can max out on coins in a single tribulation mode level. Do you really die more than 150 times per level? If the answer is yes, I would recommend trying infantile or normal mode.

I don’t believe that you couldn’t get past the rapids, since those were nerfed extremely hard by the recent update. They’re a joke now.

Tribulation Mode is meant to be challenging. It doesn’t reward anything gamebreaking. You don’t even get a new skin, only a new color. Why do so many people complain on the forums until the challenging content gets removed from those it was made for. I liked it much better pre-nerf.

(edited by showtime.9175)