Jump Dodge

Jump Dodge

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Relztra.8716

Relztra.8716

Is this really required for Tribulation World 2: zone 2? I have been at the second check point for a while now and just can’t possibly make the jump from the flower booster. It’s only by a small margin that I can’t reach the next platform, which leads me to believe I need the Jump Dodge trick, but that never works for me.

I really hope this is not the case considering that using Jump Dodge (to me) is technically a bug? I’m not asking for the maps to be easy by any means and I had quite a lot of fun with Tribulation World 1. There were a few jumps that were longer, but they were still able to be done over all if timed correctly.

I guess TL;DR of what I’m asking is, will this technically be impossible for a player that is unable to make Jump Dodge reliably work?

Jump Dodge

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

When you are going to jump, if you have trouble, try mashing the dodge key as you jump; the first time I did this jump I did not dodge jump, but it took me 30+ tries (I then fell off). Then I dodge jumped and made the distance every time.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Jump Dodge

Posted by: Relztra.8716

Relztra.8716

Well, it’s not so much of not understanding ‘how’ to dodge jump as much as the inconsistency with it working. Would be nice if it could be bound to a key or something but that would probably take away from what a Jump Dodge is. Suppose while I’m at it, are there more ‘Jump Dodge required(ish)’ jumps further on in the levels as well?

Jump Dodge

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I have a Razer Naga mouse with the 12 thumb buttons. I have jump and dodge bound right next to each other such that I just roll my thumb from one to the next for consistent and reliable jump dodging.

If you can afford it, and are willing I highly recommend it. It also just makes gaming in general easier.

As for the question. I don’t know how you got to world 2 in the first place if you can’t jump dodge.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Jump Dodge

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I have a Razer Naga mouse with the 12 thumb buttons. I have jump and dodge bound right next to each other such that I just roll my thumb from one to the next for consistent and reliable jump dodging.

If you can afford it, and are willing I highly recommend it. It also just makes gaming in general easier.

As for the question. I don’t know how you got to world 2 in the first place if you can’t jump dodge.

World 1 requires no dodge jumps.

As for are there any more… I only have needed dodge jumping once in that one situation the OP mentions. I have beaten w2 z1 and 2 trib, have yet to complete .

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Jump Dodge

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

I’m using the default bindings of V and space for dodge and jump respectively. I rest my thumb over my space bar and on the V key so that i can press them together or individually as i choose. Works for me with 100% reliability

Jump Dodge

Posted by: Aris.7492

Aris.7492

I’ve completed w2 z1 and z2 without any jump dodge, so it’s not required anywhere.

Jump Dodge

Posted by: Dr Iceman.1246

Dr Iceman.1246

You dont need the dodge jump for this… you just get as close to the corner of the flower one as you can get (inch around the spikes) and make it a good jump. I know how to do it and i still make it only about 60% of the time.