Nunchuck Power!!!

Nunchuck Power!!!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Just FYI, if anyone didn’t know. You can turn the nunchucks on auto attack, target the storm dragon, and let lose to see the damage rack up quickly.

Normally the nunchucks do 25,25,50 I think the chain is, but against the storm dragon I got up to the 800s doing this.

Didn’t think to post this till last second, so last hit before he died was only 175, but shows it goes higher than 50 damage.

Attachments:

Nunchuck Power!!!

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

The damage number you see is the result of your chain (25,25,50) stacking up. The number over the head adds up if you hit something fast enough. So your screenshot is most likely the result of 25, 50, 25, 25, 50 in your combat log where your first attack missed but the second started the chain.

If you have any type of rapid attack skill you can test it out by opening up the combat tab and watch as the number increases over an enemy’s head, making it seem like you’re doing consecutively harder hits, but your combat log shows much smaller numbers that add up to the final number displayed at the end of the chain.

Nunchuck Power!!!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I think it’s more than just your attacks adding up. I think something can cause him to take increased damage – maybe the lightning. The amount of damage I do in the 1st turn varies, with an average of around 40% remaining. I once got him down to 1% the first time he came down.

Nunchuck Power!!!

CMF.5461

I understand the cumulative effect throughout most of GW2, but it only does this if you have auto attack selected, and the life drops pretty drastically, I’ll have to test speed though because maybe the numbers popping make it feel faster.

Try it yourself, attack without auto on and then with auto on and see if it is faster.

Possibly just a graphical bug and it is just the cumulative number and not individual numbers, but it sure is nice to see big numbers make you feel like you kicked his butt good…I hate dragons, cloud or no.

(edited by CMF.5461)

Nunchuck Power!!!

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Nunchucks actually do attack a bit faster than the stick though. I think it’s about 3/4 of a second faster per chain.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Nunchuck Power!!!

CMF.5461

Although, this doesn’t explain why you hit 25…25..50, 3 hits for 25 should be 75 cumulative.

Just tested it again, was inconsistent. I left auto on and it was doing normal damage, I spammed 1 with auto on and I was getting higher visible hits, but unsure if it is faster. seems the same I guess. Ahh well

(edited by CMF.5461)