SAB Masochists, Post Your Trib Token Count!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

I know many people dislike suffering, but after reaching my goal of ten Storm Wizard tokens, I’m curious how many tokens other people have gotten and curious as to who is the SAB master of pain and punishment!

PS: If a thread like this already exists, sorry, I didn’t find it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Green and yellow are not appealing colours to me. Thus I only did them once. I could really only handle one tribulation mode zone per day as it is quite stressful.

Red on the other hand. I will force myself to farm this every day.

Posted by: Xan Thav.5369

Xan Thav.5369

I’ve gotten 16 Green Weapons,
now i’m trying to finish W2Z3, spent 3 hours on it yesterday and ultimately had to leave because I had to go out, so, redo it all again. I hate it that you can’t save your previous location, seeing how long and stressful the kitten levels are.
Anyone know what time SAB will be gone tomorrow?

I kitten love kittens! :3

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

made a yellow set for my guardian
made green set for my necro, green set for my future ranger

…shoulda saved purple for mes instead of blue, and given guardian blue. oh well. can wait for w3, my warrior needs red!

Attachments:

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

I got 2 yellow weapons, 3 green. Can’t wait for the new skins for TM Worlds 3 and 4 when they come out.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I prefer the blue ones. I had enough tokens to get 3 weps, but they were in my bank for ages cause I didn’t really want a Yellow super wep. Decided to just get them for PvP, even though I don’t even play it.

There should be a way to get the old blue super weps without having to buy them from TP.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Here is my count, I also put one weapon into pvp and have some green weapons on other toons. Looks like I should be able to get one more yellow skin before it is gone.

Attachments:

TC [CERN]

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

You guys are insane. :P I put off starting trib mode until the 2nd week of SAB and could only handle doing one per day. I just now finished W2Z3. I’m not sure I’d ever want to do that one again. Dunno.. I’m sure a subsequent run would go smoother, but I found that zone less enjoyable (ugh the part where you have to use the No-No clouds to give yourself invulnerability to slide through the insta kill ice on the ground.. bleh..)

Super Weapons are alright but I don’t love them enough to have to go through those zones numerous times. The bit of prestige that comes with the yellow-coloured weapon is the only thing that’s tempting. :P Though I like the blue better tbh.

I have zero idea which storm wizard weapon to get.. decisions, decisions!

I look forward red and purple though!

Lothirieth.3408

A quick question: are the weapons tokens a daily or per run thing?

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Unrelated question to OP: How did you get those 6 “Ancient Karka Shell Box” ? O.o

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Unrelated question to OP: How did you get those 6 “Ancient Karka Shell Box” ? O.o

During the karka event you could get other toons of yours to be invited to overflows where it was still going on or just finished to open the chest again. Thus he must of opened it about 6 times

TC [CERN]

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@Jeff – haha i saw that on reddit! extreme props to you!D

i have almost a full set of Kign Toad weps for my Warrior (missing rifle and one axe, but since i rarely run rifle or dual axe, i’m not as inclined to do so… haha). also a set of GS, mace/focus for my PvP guard.

have only one storm wiz GS, but also want a focus and sword fo rmy Guard! was working on w2z2 last night, aaaaaaaaaaand, of ocurse, i was beign an idiot and hit the stuck in a log bug. got frustrated. and logged. hopefully i’ll have time to finish before patch hits. :////

[added: quick question for those who have full sets of w2 TM skins. did you gusy do nothign else but play SAB TM? or were you able to keep doing your dailies, WvW, dungeons, etc etc? lol cause i feel like that’d be the only way i’d be able to do what you guys did, grind SAB TM and no more haha]

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Xan Thav.5369

Xan Thav.5369

I just finished W2Z3 after 3 tries,
Yesterday after 3 hours my game crashed, today after 2 hours I accidentally afk’ed and didn’t realized I ran out of lives, so I come back and find myself back at The Hub. But I already have a W2Z1 and a W2Z2 token, and my pride would’ve been hurt if I didn’t complete W2 entirely. How can I call myself a proud owner of 17 Green Weapons having collected 0 Yellow Weapons?

So I ventured into the most ulcer-inducing, rage filling, hair ripping thing i’ve ever had the displeasure of doing, and finished it! But not without stories to tell. I spent, literally, 1 hour on a part where it is a requirement to get hit by a No-No Cloud to slide through a bunch of 1 shotting Ice Spikes over annoying, slippery ice whilst being surrounded by gusts of annoying wind that pushed me towards more ice spikes that killed me. All this time, I was being chased by a kitten looking banana who froze me in the middle of all the No-No Clouds trying to fry me alive, the 1 shotting ice spike, the slippery ice and the pushing gusts of wind. 1 hour.

But, all in all, I love SAB, and I will always love it. I lowered my record of completing entire W1 Trib. Mode in 20 minutes to 9:30 minutes, and ran W2 complete (Alas, only once because I started W2 too late because I got obsessed with W1).

Now, though, let’s be realistic, SAB is the most acid-tripping creation made by mankind. I mean, I was climbing an ice-covered mountain whilst cubicle rams were raining over me. All of this while jumping over clouds and being denied entry through paths by sunglasses wearing clouds. I was also being chased by mean Polar Bears who were throwing ice at me to throw me off the mountain. I later threw bombs at a glacier and killed a giant square troll to go fight a mean asian-looking wizard who threw flying punches at me and later became a big flying dragon with a brown hat. Kudos, to whoever was smoking shrooms one day and decided SAB was to exist.

Keeping my fingers crossed so that the next SAB Trib. Mode Weapons are either Pink or Neon Purple <3

I kitten love kittens! :3

(edited by Xan Thav.5369)

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

it’s been stated that w3 would be RED. and w4 PURPLE. : )))
kind of like the status colors of gear – blue —> green —> yellow —> red (pink) —> purple!

glad you got it done in the end. : )) i too wish i started w2 earlier as well, but i spent most of my time in t1 as well. heh.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Red on the other hand. I will force myself to farm this every day.

Yeah, reds gonna make me have to farm it. The green color kinda did, but I’m more looking forward to the red. Don’t think I even want to try to get purple.

it’s been stated that w3 would be RED. and w4 PURPLE. : )))
kind of like the status colors of gear – blue —> green --> yellow —> red (pink) --> purple!

It was more the way the color of baubles went, according to the amount they gave.

Also, congrats? to the OP. How much time did you spend on World 2 to get that many? (I only did World 1 4 times. Haven’t done World 2, pretty much cause I hated it while doing it on normal mode.)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Fenric.6475

Fenric.6475

You guys are insane. :P I put off starting trib mode until the 2nd week of SAB and could only handle doing one per day. I just now finished W2Z3. I’m not sure I’d ever want to do that one again. Dunno.. I’m sure a subsequent run would go smoother, but I found that zone less enjoyable (ugh the part where you have to use the No-No clouds to give yourself invulnerability to slide through the insta kill ice on the ground.. bleh..)

Since I started doing SAB tribulation (which was only the last 6 days of the event as I just got back to the game) I have only had time to do it a few days. I find I can do w2z3 trib faster. I seem to have a harder time remembering the exact places to step in most of world 1 with the hidden traps than I do with the technical jumping.

My first trib attempts took forever. The second time was much easier.

Lothirieth.3408

Since I started doing SAB tribulation (which was only the last 6 days of the event as I just got back to the game) I have only had time to do it a few days. I find I can do w2z3 trib faster. I seem to have a harder time remembering the exact places to step in most of world 1 with the hidden traps than I do with the technical jumping.

My first trib attempts took forever. The second time was much easier.

For some reason, I’m pretty decent at remembering where to jump. I think I got a bit sick of the corner jumps in w2z3 (though most of them weren’t hard) but I know I got sick of the slippery ice with insta-kill ice spikes. I’m sure I did have some latency issues when jumping over them. Or other times when I’d just barely tap the key to move forward yet I’d go sliding much faster than I should have.

I dunno.. I’m semi tempted to try all of w2 again tonight. It’s like I want to.. but at the same time really don’t want to. :P I kinda want to see if I’d be better/quicker at a subsequent run now that I’ve seen what I need to do in each section.

Posted by: MercWatcher.1397

MercWatcher.1397

Super Adventure Box was the first event I really got into, so I did fall into the grind last time around with 5 characters running through all the maps per day for almost all of April, which did get really monotonous after awhile, so I was glad they made it once per account this time around. No more temptation. Or so I thought. With all the horror stories of tribulation mode and working a full time job, I put it off for the first couple of weeks, taking care of the other achievements first and coming around to them last, where I realized it wasn’t so bad. Maybe it’s just my leet jumping skills, which are far from perfect, but the first SAB really helped hone my abilities and this one has only expanded upon that to the point where there is no hesitation with most of the jumps that used to make my palms sweat. World 1 didn’t take long to master, with World 2 taking a couple of extra days because of the length and additional pain in the kitten jumps (Always had a hard time with the first major jumps in Zones 2 and 3 that would send me cursing). So, of course, the temptation came back as did the grind for the last couple of weeks, running all 3 zones of World 1 and only the first of World 2 (Time constraints), along with all 6 zones of tribulation. Made me wish I had started sooner, but that’s just greed for time sensitive items. I learned quickly that it is totally unnecessary to buy that infinite coin as you shouldn’t use more than 10 running through all 6 zones and you get 1 free one per zone you finish. Anyway, here is my stash up to date. Haven’t really been spending any of the green or yellow tokens yet as I’ve been hoarding them until I decide what I want, though greatswords are always my favorite weapon, so that’s always first priority. It is bittersweet that the box is coming to a close once again, but the knowledge that it will return is reassuring and I hope it becomes a permanent zone when it is finished. Being from the 8-bit generation, Super Adventure Box is a special experience, very much like the real life experience of playing Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania on the NES.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I made all weapons usable for my engineer for pve and pvp so 2x from pistol, shield and rifle. All 3 Colors.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop