SAB and Eye Strain

SAB and Eye Strain

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

In future installations of SAB please don’t add the darkness like you did in W2-Z3 TM. I tried to do it legit but after about an hour I was ready to claw my eyes out and had to turn up the gamma (something people are going to do anyway) so you may as well not bother with the darkness gimmick. Just saying…

SAB and Eye Strain

Posted by: Exiled.5906

Exiled.5906

I didn’t even wait, I turned it up first thing. I was considering using a torch, but considering you’re holding a balloon half the time, it doesn’t help. Not to mention my eyesight is already poor and I don’t want to make it worse. Funny though, it made the clouds a lot easier to see. It was a nice surprise and I do like night scenes especially snowy ones like in 3-3 but, yeah, just can’t play like that and it’s not like I’m going to SAB TM just to enjoy the scenery.

SAB and Eye Strain

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

There is a really easy way to solve this and it doesn’t require any gamma adjustment.
I found if you scroll the mouse wheel up so that the camera is almost directly behind the player you can easily see through fog/darkness. It just doesn’t display it.

Makes the jumping to motto so easy when you can clearly see all the clouds

SAB and Eye Strain

Posted by: Exiled.5906

Exiled.5906

It’s not just about the clouds, it’s the general darkness in tribulation. Like all the corners, and inside jumps. Zooming in doesn’t help in a crowded place with tiny ledges, cause I can’t even see what I’m aiming for. Clouds are actually way easier to see in tribulation, even without the gama and zooming. The rest though >.>