SAB is dying...

SAB is dying...

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Nah, if anything they should be giving him praise because hopefully they’ll change their policy on how often and how transparent devs can be with us.

Besides, he didn’t insult Anet in his blog in the slightest. He’s just telling the truth. He’s even said he’s been with them for 10 years and finds them supportive and great to work for.

However, the fact they would stop Josh from posting as much as he did without giving us the reason why is not being that supportive of him. Had he not made that blog post, most of us would be thinking he no longer cared about what we think because he just stopped posting here. They should be encouraging their employees to talk with us more often, not encouraging them to talk to us less often and if he gets any type of punishment for that blog post, I’ll be disgusted with how Anet has treated him.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Zeigy.5863

Zeigy.5863

Nah, if anything they should be giving him praise because hopefully they’ll change their policy on how often and how transparent devs can be with us.

Besides, he didn’t insult Anet in his blog in the slightest. He’s just telling the truth. He’s even said he’s been with them for 10 years and finds them supportive and great to work for.

However, the fact they would stop Josh from posting as much as he did without giving us the reason why is not being that supportive of him. Had he not made that blog post, most of us would be thinking he no longer cared about what we think because he just stopped posting here. They should be encouraging their employees to talk with us more often, not encouraging them to talk to us less often and if he gets any type of punishment for that blog post, I’ll be disgusted with how Anet has treated him.

The developer interaction is feeding the controversy. It’s best he step back for a bit. Josh should have never responded to these little children complaining about the content in the first place.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The developer interaction is feeding the controversy. It’s best he step back for a bit. Josh should have never responded to these little children complaining about the content in the first place.

Because having content no one wants to play is the better alternative.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I thought Joss’s posts were a nice median between having enough of a backbone to defend certain design decisions and actually admitting the faults of world 2. I find it odd Anet thinks he took things a bit too far.

Retired Leader of TTS

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

I actually have grown to like all of world 2. Save for a few spots in zone 2 like the bugged checkpoint in spikes, but I do TM everyday and really like it.

So SAB is not dying to me. =D

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

SAB is dying...

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Sure, so the trust issue can continue to the point where people say “kitten this noise” and just leave the game. I’m not joking, I’m seeing people leave the game due to the lack of developer interaction. I actually considered it for a bit as well.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

We need all the developers on board to be willfully ignorant of any critical feedback so they can continue to put out content players don’t enjoy. That is obviously the best solution for everyone.

Not to mention that in SAB’s case a lot of it were bugs because the content didn’t get tested properly (shocking). Let’s face it, without developer interaction or a PTR then we get a bunch of buggy content that may or may not even be fun and then they’ll pat themselves on the back for a job well done because they won’t know any better.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Avatara.1042

It does not drop ascended mats…

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So that Josh Foreman guy got removed from ArenaNet’s dev team and now we are not getting any more patches, bugfixes for SAB? (Cause there are a lot of known bugs and there was at least 1 other hotfix only fixing other stuff)

That’s bad… considering it is only temporary content. Should be fixed fast so we all can do it within time. I don’t want them to fix it 1 day before SAB will get removed and then being forced to play exactly at that 1 day.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ No he has not been removed.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

Josh is a great person, even more amazing for being to respond towards the problems/bugs/fixes for this patch. these people on here that complain about every little thing (tribulation mode being hard) – (can’t jump on the water jets because it goes down too fast or it’s too hard) – ( why can’t i have this and that for doing things) are usually the ones get the devs responsible for this great patch in trouble, so a lot of unnecessary changes are made to the content. in no way was this content a failure or a disappointment towards the people who have played and enjoy SAB. devs should be able to post and respond toward their audience and not be blocked off by the company. having a great relationship with the consumer will have a better impact towards the company, this is just silly on their part. people should also not post his blog, it will more likely get him into more trouble or maybe something else that would be bad.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Josh I just want to thank you. You listened to peoples complains and the last SAB patch fixed all issues I had with world 2. I am a really big fan of SAB and I am looking forward to world 3! Thank you and your team.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The only way to resolve this, and to the satisfaction of both parties, is to hire celebrity posters and adopt a disclaimer stating that the views of the celebrities are not in any way, shape or form, representative of the direction and/or content of the game nor of the views of company, creators, developers, investors nor players.

Then hire someone like Nathan Fillion.0001 to post on the company’s behalf. Who in their skrittin’ mind would argue with Nathan Fillion?

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

ANet, I am speaking directly to you here.

You need to review your policies when it comes to dev/player interaction. You need to understand that the communication that Josh has provided has brought this community together more than any other devs have.

It has also created player understanding and loyalty that is a very rare thing to see in this game. I understand that this level of communication makes other devs look like lazy sods, but this is why you need to put someone on the payroll like Josh who has the passion and drive to communicate with the players in an honest and open way.

We’re not morons you know. We understand the difference between promises and discussion. We understand that when someone is talking to us with transparency and honesty, that is it a conversation. ANet policy to beat around the bush with vague statements, or smoke-and-mirrors, does nothing but infuriate the community.

I’ll now refer you to a post I made a while ago about transparency. I just hope in the end you see what value employees like Josh have for your company, and start encouraging them, instead of silencing them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-can-t-we-be-friends/

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Josh was awesome bring him back! Screw this corporate BS!

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Josh was awesome bring him back! Screw this corporate BS!

I’m going to get torn apart for this but… meh.

His content might be fun. His posting style on the forums, however, whilst a lot of forum users love it since they get banter going between themselves and the dev, I found to be abrasive and borderline trolling/inflammatory. Sure, everyone loves a rogue, that one team member who doesn’t play by the rules. So many times I saw him post something, only to turn around a few posts later to say “Oh, sorry guys, I didn’t mean it like that”. Sure, Josh.

He was unprofessional.

If S.A.B. is dying, perhaps the vocal minority is right here on the forums, supporting it. I don’t mind it either way. It’s content I don’t mind doing. Presumably though, if it’s “dying”, you have all those other players who “aren’t coming back for that kitten” to blame. Josh’s blog post certainly seemed to imply this was the case.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

His content might be fun. His posting style on the forums, however, whilst a lot of forum users love it since they get banter going between themselves and the dev, I found to be abrasive and borderline trolling/inflammatory. Sure, everyone loves a rogue, that one team member who doesn’t play by the rules. So many times I saw him post something, only to turn around a few posts later to say “Oh, sorry guys, I didn’t mean it like that”. Sure, Josh.

He was unprofessional.

It’s called having a personality. :P As I said in an earlier post, there are some shockingly oversensitive people on this forum, moreso than myself (and I am extremely thin-skinned) so that is actually quite frightening.

If “professional” are the aforementioned scripted, uninformative, dismissive replies that just about every other dev on these forums gives (once in a blue moon) then I will gladly take personality even if it means the occasional user unnecessarily gets their knickers in a twist.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

It’s called having a personality. :P As I said in an earlier post, there are some shockingly oversensitive people on this forum, moreso than myself (and I am extremely thin-skinned) so that is actually quite frightening.

If “professional” are the aforementioned scripted, uninformative, dismissive replies that just about every other dev on these forums gives (once in a blue moon) then I will gladly take personality even if it means the occasional user unnecessarily gets their knickers in a twist.

Yes. The manner of his posts does give him a “personality”. You’re right. No personality I’d ever want to be associated with.

I’m also not saying that I really love the Colin brand of “it’s on the list, guys” responses. I always thought ArenaNet could do more to communicate with it’s players. The way Josh approaches the forums, however, is not it. I am glad they appear to have recognized that.

The devs posting on the forum are representing the game and ArenaNet. They need to be the best they can be. If one dev steps out of line, what’s the chance that every other player will not use that as an excuse to do the same? People love to scrap and argue on forums, others love to encourage it because “scandal and fights are fun”.

SAB is dying...

Azure Prower.8701

Yes. The manner of his posts does give him a “personality”. You’re right. No personality I’d ever want to be associated with.

I’m also not saying that I really love the Colin brand of “it’s on the list, guys” responses. I always thought ArenaNet could do more to communicate with it’s players. The way Josh approaches the forums, however, is not it. I am glad they appear to have recognized that.

The devs posting on the forum are representing the game and ArenaNet. They need to be the best they can be. If one dev steps out of line, what’s the chance that every other player will not use that as an excuse to do the same? People love to scrap and argue on forums, others love to encourage it because “scandal and fights are fun”.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

@Sarie
“Party, meet pooper” – Scarlet

As far as I’ve seen he had to explain “I didn’t mean it like that” since people were accusing his plain normal english to be condescending when it really had none of that tone in it at all. I don’t know if I’ve missed anything, might have.

He was “unprofessional” in the sense that he wasn’t cold, lacking personality etc.
But “professionalism” is really pretty bad in that sense because what you get is this cold and boring facade that nobody really likes.

I’d redefine “professional” in this case as someone great at communicating that really cares and communicates back and forth to gather what information he needs and give what information is necessary and right to give. And in that sense, Josh is very professional.

Because the normal way of saying that someone communicates “professionally” isn’t really saying that someone is good at communicating, which is what the word “professional” implies.

Also the meaning behind “is dying” is first to get attention since the thread is kind of important and it also has the meaning that more and more are stopping to care since Josh isn’t allowed to communicate freely so that he can help us help him solve the problem with for example the missing baubles in world 2-3, which has gone unanswered by anyone for -days-. Which is a main topic in the thread.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

When looking at the population that is playing this release of SAB, has ANet even considered that releasing it in the same patch as the ascended weapons was a terrible idea? “Oh here guys, have some limited time content that only gives weapon skins, but also have this time gated content for BiS gear that you can’t do in the SAB.”

They released ascended weapons to make players go do dungeons/world events, kill champions, and capture things in wvw. Why would anybody be surprised that the flashy side content that provides no crafting materials and rarely anything you can even sell wouldn’t be a top priority for most people?

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

If you could buy ethereal fragments and dragonite from bauble bubbles, SAB would be very popular. And in that case, releasing them together would have made sense.
But yes, I completely agree with you that releasing them together was pretty bad.
It would make more sense to release Tequatl and Ascended weapons at the same time.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I don’t necessarily think that releasing them at the same time was a bad idea.

I think that basing the playtime of SAB compared to April’s release is a bad idea. There’s scarlet invasions that happen at random now, champion farming, and ascended weapons. I agree that ascended weapon materials (particularly ethereal fragments – if SAB were the most lucrative way to get them) would have people playing SAB.

Still, I thought it was pretty standard that if you compare two sets of data from different time periods, you try to logically figure out why, rather than just go ‘less people play it.’

SAB is dying...

Azure Prower.8701

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Lol, thank you for the laugh. :P

SAB is dying...

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

By not letting Josh Foreman post.

Give him back his posting privileges!

Sure SAB 2.0 had bugs, rewards and difficulty issues to address along with the bad timing of the infinite continue coin introduction. But at least we had Josh to address those issues with his witty personality and now you take him away from us too!

The people want Josh. Give the people what they want so they can be happy! The last thing we want to see is SAB fail.

Shhhh please don’t get him in trouble

We love Josh but really this isn’t helping him.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s too late by this point.

SAB is dying...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yep, people seems to think that they are helping out the situation by posting stuff like that on these forums, while in reality it is most likely completely the opposite. Keeping this up might end up with Josh getting even more “controlled”, or worse.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square