SAB needs to go, now!

SAB needs to go, now!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Liu.4751

Liu.4751

This content needs to go. I tried it and find it boring as anything tbh ha. I really didn’t sign up for this haha. For player like me do not like or enjoy that kind of game update but are either forced to grind at it for what the game relies on for account bonuses for coin/karma, experience plus mf bonuses. SAB only contains nearly 400 achievements points I know some are in very hard modes but for living story update what adds nothing to lore of the game or real content it needs to go. I know it’s not lol but it has to be said. Feel free to add your rages and rants and maybe developers will see our opinions on it and maybe n the future restrict aps too types of content per patch when things like his happen. I’m not sure of great game developer ideas but all I know is un fair on player who don’t want to participate in a add on completely related to the gw2 story(where’s the dragons lol!). The aps only are worth the time of about 20 days worth of dailies lol. I’m sure many will come here a defend it like the holy grail of aps and super awesome fun but its just another lame content update to get people grinding in my eyes while players who play for fun and with integrity suffer once again like me. ;p.

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Tawa.3180

Tawa.3180

Okay. You always have the choice to… not play something and never ever zone into Rata Sum.

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

Haters gonna hate

/Thread

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I’m not a huge fan of SAB and think it’s a little boring as well. That’s why I will play it when I want to, if I want to.

No one is forcing you to play SAB or get the AP for it.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I don’t care if people want to play SAB. That is fine. What I do mind is that last time this content was released there were millions of those boxes in Lions Arch making really annoying noises and people were walking around with skins that simply do not belong in this game at all.

The other thing I mind is you have to do it to get a mkitten of Achievement points. Obviously we aren’t forced to, but you’re missing out if you don’t, and to those that want to get achievement points, it feels like we’re forced to play content that isn’t even close to the actual content of the game we play.

I feel content like this would be better as it’s own separate game. But to add it in an MMO…. not a great idea.

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

How about you and your attitude go, now?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

oh wow, another post that almost forces me to say something to op that will give me an infraction. So I will do my best not to. To op, first I feel this is nothing more than a troll thread. If this game is so freaking bad, why are you here? How is it unfair if you dont want to play sab again? How is putting sab in the game changing what fun you had with other content? in case you havent noticed sab is its own game, and does not change anything done on other maps. Learn to Waypoint. fair shmair, lifes not fair get used to it. I just don’t get the lack of……………..rest is a ban waiting to happen so I will stop.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

SAB needs to go, now!

Tawa.3180

A million boxes in LA? Well you can’t buy Fun Boxes with bubbles now but they were also a nice way to get daily costume brawler.

SAB needs to go, now!

Liu.4751

@danielrjones my point was the achievement points ate tied up withing this super adventure box and if you don’t enjoy you gotta pay to people run it I assume or just mss out to other players by nearly half a k of aps.

@wolfheart you’ve shown more attitude than I have buddy ;p

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This content needs to go. I tried it and find it boring as anything tbh ha. I really didn’t sign up for this haha. For player like me do not like or enjoy that kind of game update but are either forced to grind at it for what the game relies on for account bonuses for coin/karma, experience plus mf bonuses. SAB only contains nearly 400 achievements points I know some are in very hard modes but for living story update what adds nothing to lore of the game or real content it needs to go. I know it’s not lol but it has to be said. Feel free to add your rages and rants and maybe developers will see our opinions on it and maybe n the future restrict aps too types of content per patch when things like his happen. I’m not sure of great game developer ideas but all I know is un fair on player who don’t want to participate in a add on completely related to the gw2 story(where’s the dragons lol!). The aps only are worth the time of about 20 days worth of dailies lol. I’m sure many will come here a defend it like the holy grail of aps and super awesome fun but its just another lame content update to get people grinding in my eyes while players who play for fun and with integrity suffer once again like me. ;p.

You know where you can stick this post.

SAB is some of the best content we’ve gotten all year and people couldn’t wait for it to be back. Now mind you I’m a little bit disappointed by some of the decisions made between SAB’s first appearance and now (dig spots nerfed, once a day per account, some items removed from Moto’s shop (obsidian shards, etc), and not being reset to 5 lives when you quit, necessitating continue coins and pushing for the cash shop infinite continue coin), but the core gameplay of it is still fun and nostalgic and there’s a story involved in the Asura krewe who made it.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

OP

Who made you decide what stays or goes in the game?

Why should your viewpoints hold more value than mine or anyone elses?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I really enjoyed the inclusion of SAB the first time. It made me giggle with nostalgia.

It’s return, however, isn’t inspiring me. But I’m looking at this as a boon. For two weeks I have no LS stuff to add to my in-game checklist, so I can go about doing more WvW and zone completion that I keep putting off due to LS.

SAB is your break to enjoy the core game again!

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

I don´t really enjoy SAB that much as 99,9% of population, but since they introduced ascended crafting with it…I have something to do. And it´s only in Rata Sum, so if one doesn´t enjoy it, one shouldn´t enter it

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: direpath.4712

direpath.4712

I’m not very into it myself. I mean its great fun and I love the tropes and the style of the mini-game. I missed it in April, so it is nice to get a chance to play it again. I just need a break from the go-go-go of LS.

I tend to be an achievement chaser but I think I will skip out on this one. Nothing really interests me in it. I think I will take the break in my LS interest to continue on world completion and finishing my PS on my fresh (and first) 80.

Or I will catch up on another game for a few days. Either way. Not dissatisfied at all. If anything I like that I can use this as a break and be ready for the next part of the LS.

Kali Verholme -Ezra Sarona – Sigaard Wolfson – Jumi Sprigleaf
Legacy of Elijah (LoE) – Sanctum of Rall

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

@danielrjones my point was the achievement points ate tied up withing this super adventure box and if you don’t enjoy you gotta pay to people run it I assume or just mss out to other players by nearly half a k of aps.

So, by that logic, I would think that WvW has to go too? Do you know how many achievement points are tied to that? And I have to “pay” so people can play that? (if I understand your message correctly).

If you don’t like something, don’t play it.

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So, by that logic, I would think that WvW has to go too? Do you know how many achievement points are tied to that? And I have to “pay” so people can play that? (if I understand your message correctly).

If you don’t like something, don’t play it.

sPvP too. That one has it’s own daily and monthly. I don’t like playing it so it shouldn’t be in the game because it’s interfering with my ability to have more achievement points than someone.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

sPvP too. That one has it’s own daily and monthly. I don’t like playing it so it shouldn’t be in the game because it’s interfering with my ability to have more achievement points than someone.

Ah, forgot that one! Yes, that one has to go too then…

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Its unfortunate that OP came across as very self centered. I do find myself scratching my head at SAB and its role in GW2, however, let alone released within the worlds only story driven mechanics under a “living story” update.

SAB needs to go, now!

Kal Spiro.9745

Its unfortunate that OP came across as very self centered. I do find myself scratching my head at SAB and its role in GW2, however, let alone released within the worlds only story driven mechanics under a “living story” update.

Obviously in two weeks Aetherblades will invade SAB. It’s only logical.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

The guy that was on the livestream yesterday demonstrating World 2 is the same guy that came up with the idea for Super Adventure Box.

I can’t deny the humor of the concept but it certainly has NO place whatsoever in Guild Wars. He obviously never ever played GW1 and has no respect for what Guild Wars truly is.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I’ll just say this:
If you don’t like it, then don’t play it. Ignore it ever existed, and avoid Rata Sum.

You people can be so idiotic sometimes.

SAB needs to go, now!

God Of Fissures.8627

I’ll just say this:
If you don’t like it, then don’t play it. Ignore it ever existed, and avoid Rata Sum.

We all paid money for this game. That entitles us to complain about anything we don’t like that is developed. If this game cost absolutely no money to play, then we would have no right to complain.

Your statement is invalid.

SAB needs to go, now!

FenrirSlakt.3692

I’ll just say this:

We all paid money for this game. That entitles us to complain about anything we don’t like that is developed. If this game cost absolutely no money to play, then we would have no right to complain.

No, yours is invalid.
They have put time, effort and money on this already, so it’s not gonna go because some whiny kids, teens or even grown men dislike it, as there are other individuals with (gasp) opposite opinions. And guess what? They did also pay for this game.
So there, your petty argument crumbles under its own weight.

SAB needs to go, now!

Tawa.3180

I’ll just say this:

So you complain about sPvP or WvW even if you don’t do that content either all because you paid for the game?

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

“What’s this? A random idea that could prove entertaining to a large majority of the player base? My briefcase full of dog bees should put a stop to this!”

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

SAB needs to go, now!

pswendel.8179

Obviously in two weeks Aetherblades will invade SAB. It’s only logical.

So true.
Ellen Kiel will soapbox outside the machine for equality, Dredge and Flamelegion will dig random tunnels to allow future interdimensional beings to crash the party all under a deranged /psychotic sylvari’s agenda who inexplicably forgot about the nightmare court, sons of svaniir, human bandits, and possibly inquisition’s similar agendas throughout Tyria.

Oh and hobo tron will save the princess.

In all seriousness – enjoy SAB if that’s your thing. I just feel disillusioned to the idea of “living story” and the word “living” or “story” and the direction for GW2. Had this been ab side project …wow that would be cool. Instead it’s “living story.”

Excited to see the life in this narrative.

SAB needs to go, now!

God Of Fissures.8627

My point is that as paying customers, we are entitled to voice our criticisms here on the forums. Saying we shouldn’t be complaining is completely moronic. Without criticism, how can the developers know for sure what they have messed up?

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

First SAB was fun and somthink new,this is boring and old,just keep the SAB open all year long and of the LIVING STORY!!!!!

SAB needs to go, now!

God Of Fissures.8627

First SAB was fun and somthink new,this is boring and old,just keep the SAB open all year long and of the LIVING STORY!!!!!

I agree. SAB should just be a minigame that one can go and play whenever they want. It has no place in Living Story.

SAB needs to go, now!

FenrirSlakt.3692

Yes!
You are certainly encouraged to give them feedback, but in the form of constructive criticism. Saying things like “This content is bad and I want it out of this game” makes you seem immature and self-centered, and frankly, even if your argumentation is good, it will be hard to see through the childlike methods employed to articulate it and in turn, your argument (or even yourself in case of ad hominem) will be attacked in an equally ruthless manner by those who don’t share your opinion.

My point is that as paying customers, we are entitled to voice our criticisms here on the forums. Saying we shouldn’t be complaining is completely moronic. Without criticism, how can the developers know for sure what they have messed up?

I agree. SAB should just be a minigame that one can go and play whenever they want. It has no place in Living Story.

I disagree, keeping it open all year long would turn it into “that thing in Rata Sum”, not to mention it would cause an overflow in weapon skins.
No, instead I would suggest making it permanent temporary content, by adding it and removing it from the game sporadically through the year, keeping it out of Living Story.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

In all seriousness – enjoy SAB if that’s your thing. I just feel disillusioned to the idea of “living story” and the word “living” or “story” and the direction for GW2. Had this been ab side project …wow that would be cool. Instead it’s “living story.”

I actually love the SAB and have really enjoyed the small fixes of World 1 (I’m stuck in the water spout part of World 2 so can’t say much for the rest of it). That said, I agree with you that SAB shouldn’t be part of the “Living Story.” While I’d love for it to be permanently available as a mini-game, it really adds nothing to the “Story” side of things or to Tyria. SAB doesn’t “[need] to go” but it shouldn’t have been re-introduced as its own Living Story content, either.

My hope is that the next installment of Living Story will have better quality “story” and less buggy events. I’m not holding my breath, however.

SAB needs to go, now!

pswendel.8179

I actually love the SAB and have really enjoyed the small fixes of World 1 (I’m stuck in the water spout part of World 2 so can’t say much for the rest of it). That said, I agree with you that SAB shouldn’t be part of the “Living Story.” While I’d love for it to be permanently available as a mini-game, it really adds nothing to the “Story” side of things or to Tyria. SAB doesn’t “[need] to go” but it shouldn’t have been re-introduced as its own Living Story content, either.

My hope is that the next installment of Living Story will have better quality “story” and less buggy events. I’m not holding my breath, however.

I think those are reasonable and healthy expectations.

SAB needs to go, now!

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ll just say this:

No, you spent money for everything up until the first live update, which I believe was Halloween. Everything since then, up to and including SAB is something they gave you for nothing. If you like it or not you aren’t entitled to anything.

You can complain all you want, but it doesn’t make anything you have to say worthwhile, nor valid.

You also have absolutely zero place deciding nor professing what does or does not belong in Guild Wars or the Guild Wars universe. It is not your universe. It is ArenaNet’s universe and as such they can do whatever they want with it and it is automatically completely valid, regardless of your opinion on the subject.

SAB needs to go, now!

Kal Spiro.9745

Sorry, but sparkles came to my eyes at the idea of Hob-O-Tron breaking into SAB at the end of World 4 and saving the princess before you have a chance to.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better SAB is a side project. There are the living world teams and there is the SAB team. The Living Story teams don’t work on SAB and the SAB team doesn’t do Living Story stuff. It is just being presented in the Living Story tab because that’s what they called that tab. SAB isn’t part of the ongoing story, it’s just a thing that is happening right now.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This content needs to go.
……..

Quit reading when I realized the OPs reason boiled down to, “because I said so….”. (haha)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I’ll just say this:

Not everyone is going to like every piece of content. By your logic, nothing would ever get updated because someone would come on and demand it not be included and complain. If you don’t like something in the game, don’t play it. I don’t like sPvp, but I don’t go on the forums demanding it gets removed since i didn’t pay my money to spvp, I just avoid it. If you don’t like SAB, don’t avoid it. There is absolutely no reason you HAVE to do it.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

SAB needs to go, now!

pswendel.8179

Sorry, but sparkles came to my eyes at the idea of Hob-O-Tron breaking into SAB at the end of World 4 and saving the princess before you have a chance to.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better SAB is a side project. There are the living world teams and there is the SAB team. The Living Story teams don’t work on SAB and the SAB team doesn’t do Living Story stuff. It is just being presented in the Living Story tab because that’s what they called that tab. SAB isn’t part of the ongoing story, it’s just a thing that is happening right now.

I think that does make me feel better, actually. The more you know!

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Troll post

SAB is 100% optional. If you don’t like the style, then you don’t like the weapons. The SAB does not even affects you. If you don’t play it.

It not lore braking. GW2 is in a new age. Where the game world evolving with technologies from magic, industrial, steampunk, and cyberpunk with the steam creatures.

SAB needs to go, now!

Liu.4751

Well that’s fair I do not know that. When i saw it yet again and tried it I couldn’t stand it and seeing how many guilds/players abandoned other areas of the game what hasn’t got any updates like WvW to farm/grind at a huge chunk of achievement points you didn’t want to because you didn’t get enjoyment from it and as it wasn’t part of core lore of the GW2 story of tyria and it’s battle against Dragons, nor was it to do with any core game features but just new shiny skins lool.
It did make me mad to be honest as you know by the post haha. That such content was out there I can’t enjoy and have to miss out on player activity/achievement points what seems to me a lacklustre attempt on a old 2d gameboy game such as mario brothers etc lol.
In my eyes it does not warrant for a Living story content update and for that amount of achievement points it is a bit wrong on that level as it’s not Story based as fa r as I’ve heard atm. I hope this stuff never comes again OR if it does make it a smaller one of thing people can casually go do for small rewards what are Acc bound minus achievement points matching the nearly half a thousand of Aps.worth ;(

SAB needs to go, now!

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s coming back. SAB is a recurring event just like Halloween, Wintersday, Dragon Bash and the Queen’s Jubilee. Unlike the other four, though, it is a step away from everything. There is no greater story to it and it’s wholly enclosed in its own zone for those that want to do it.

I do kind of agree that they went a little bit over board on the achievements. I understand that if you can complete it that it is a big thing, but it should be a personal bragging rights thing. By adding the huge achievement point numbers they’re pushing people who would otherwise not have even considered it and who don’t even enjoy it to try and complete it.

It should have remained a simple thing for those that actually care. I know I would have made the attempts achievements or not.

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

In my eyes it does not warrant for a Living story content update and for that amount of achievement points it is a bit wrong on that level as it’s not Story based as fa r as I’ve heard atm. I hope this stuff never comes again OR if it does make it a smaller one of thing people can casually go do for small rewards what are Acc bound minus achievement points matching the nearly half a thousand of Aps.worth ;(

I don’t understand why people care so much about other people’s achievement points. Stop trying to turn achievement points into a competition and you’ll enjoy everything a bit more.

Anyway, it will be back, probably twice more in 2014 until all 4 worlds are completed and then probably every April and September after that and I’m glad for that.

SAB needs to go, now!

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

SAB is just getting interesting, with the hidden story and the just released short story!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss