SAB was good...

SAB was good...

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Now with the new changes its a complete waste of time. Once per day chests, lower bauble amounts… It was fun before running the levels and hitting dig spots and chests to earn a kinda goofy looking skin to toss on a rare weapon. Now its a just another time gated gimmick. Played through some of world 2, I’ll probably finish later than go back to better games till the next patch. Its a shame too because the actual level seems well done. GG whoever made it.

SAB was good...

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It’s so much better now that it’s not farmable.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

SAB was good...

kailin.4905

How? Essentially you get 6 chances to get a skin per day for your entire account. 84 chances to get a skin. In the first SAB I bet I did over 200 chests to get the 1 skin I managed to find and I bought 1 with baubles. Now even those are much more time consuming to get.

SAB was good...

Posted by: Tawa.3180

Tawa.3180

Glad I saved all my bubbles. Can just buy all the accountbound skins I want.

SAB was good...

kailin.4905

I bought the pistol off tp and I’m done. Apparently even getting 1 bubble bauble out of the once a day chests was too Op. Essentially finished this living dead story in less than an hour using b2w. Back to LoL till the 17th. Great update…

(edited by kailin.4905)

SAB was good...

Posted by: Tawa.3180

Tawa.3180

Wow, the point of SAB wasn’t to get impatient and buy a skin. It was to have fun for once.

SAB was good...

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Totally agree.
SAB was fun because it was like an old school platform game, you could keep running it and digging/farming bauble as much as you like.
Now you have to run it ONCE per day and World 2 is so difficult and boring, with such a bad collision on rapids, you’ll get bored after 10 mins.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

SAB was good...

kailin.4905

Wow, the point of SAB wasn’t to get impatient and buy a skin. It was to have fun for once.

It was fun. But now if you die you have to start with one life every time or farm a baubles to get a continue. Or of course buy the unlimited one. No intent to exploit the player base there…at least on my nes old Mario started with 3 lives and didn’t try to charge my credit card to buy more lives if I rage quit and hit reset.

SAB was good...

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Totally agree.
SAB was fun because it was like an old school platform game, you could keep running it and digging/farming bauble as much as you like.
Now you have to run it ONCE per day and World 2 is so difficult and boring, with such a bad collision on rapids, you’ll get bored after 10 mins.

agreed. This change is SO stupid.. I had a ton of fun playing though it, then I played it to get the skins. so.. now it’s like.. if you wanna farm em, go screw yourself.

SAB is only out a few times a year, now they made getting skins frustrating. Farming, especially in a game mode that is essentially made to be single player doesn’t hurt anything here. So they take it out. fantastic..

SAB was good...

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Ouch…more time-gating? Ugh..

SAB was good...

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I bought the pistol off tp and I’m done. Apparently even getting 1 bubble bauble out of the once a day chests was too Op. Essentially finished this living dead story in less than an hour using b2w. Back to LoL till the 17th. Great update…

That’s me too. I liked SAB’s theme, but I’m terrible with jumping puzzles. So I farmed my way to the skins I wanted with five characters.

This time I played for ten minutes. Lost a whole life for falling on the rapids, dig spot rewards diminished, once a day per account. The tales of world two are hair raising for someone who utterly dislikes one shot mechanisms and jumping puzzles.

I only wanted the rifle anyway, and was going to farm for it, but since that was once a day per account I just hit the TP and bought myself the skin for 8g. That’s me having a lazy two weeks ahead of me now. No rush for achieves or grinding skins.

SAB was good...

Posted by: ShAdY.7586

ShAdY.7586

New SAB is just kitten.
1 live after you die, I was looking forward to play Tribulation Mode, but now I just play I wanna be the guy instead. Its kittening annoying to leave the dumb instance and go back in it every time you die.
Also killing my Birthday Boost is really dumb, I dont see the reason why SAB should kill those Boosts, you dont get any benefits from more XP in SAB, just left me with the choice of playing something I dont want so I at least get more XP or let SAB kill my buff, because I only have 1 main and no other characters with the items from SAB,

SAB was good...

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

How is this even fun- even if you took out the rewards and the stupid life mechanics… it’s basically a poorly made 3D platformer with lots of grinding.

SAB was good...

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

How is this even fun- even if you took out the rewards and the stupid life mechanics… it’s basically a poorly made 3D platformer with lots of grinding.

It seems like they fired everyone who actually had any say in the design of the original and replaced them with sadists who don’t actually give a crap about any of us enjoying the content.

SAB was good...

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

It seems like they fired everyone who actually had any say in the design of the original and replaced them with sadists who don’t actually give a crap about any of us enjoying the content.

W1 = made for fun in a few of the developers spare time by people who didn’t really expect or care if anyone even liked it that much.
W2 = made to capitalize on possibly the highest praised addition to the game since launch.

Thank you for my pistol skins with the cool laser sound effects.

“What do we want?” – “Cool stuff!”
“When do we want it?” – “Before it’s removed from the game!”
“How do we get it?” – “Farm champs!”