Sigil slots for legendary weapons next update

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: xNeolight.4219

xNeolight.4219

Just looking for some confirmation that I won’t be losing the sigil slot in favor of the infusion slot.

If we’re losing the sigil slot I’m gonna be quite upset :s

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I dont think it is big problem. Maybe it will change some builds a little bit but not too much.

Posted by: Malloway.7382

Malloway.7382

More then likely you will loose your sigil slot, but the stats will be the same. Ascended gear is equal to Exotic + Sigil. So with the release of Ascended Weapons (and Legendary’s being upgraded to match those stats) your legendary will have the same base stats as one with the Sigil.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Except sigils don’t give stats, they give special effects…

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

It will also help keep Exotic weapons relevant. Where Ascended will be more locked into a stat combo, you’ll be able to diversify more with Exotic weapons but just lose a fraction of stat max.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I do not get the connection between sigil and stats…?

Sigils are everything but stats…

The question is will we lose sigils in favour of Infusion slots? I really hope not and that we will have both.

I hope a Dev will clarify this.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Delvoire.8930

Sigils do boost stats…..

Superior Sigil of Bloodlust gives you +10 Power for every kill.. (max 25 stacks)
Superior Sigil of Perception gives you +10 Precision for every kill.. (max 25 stacks)

Posted by: xNeolight.4219

xNeolight.4219

But the point is not all sigils will translate into the increase in damage for the new grade of weapons.

Like a condi damage infusion will not replace what would have been gained from a Superior Sigil of Corruption for example.

Posted by: Nauyaro.4892

Nauyaro.4892

Sigils do boost stats…..

Superior Sigil of Bloodlust gives you +10 Power for every kill.. (max 25 stacks)
Superior Sigil of Perception gives you +10 Precision for every kill.. (max 25 stacks)

And Sigil of Energy gives you endurance refill….

Jovek – 80 Sylvari Guardian
[VLK] Valkyria Immortalis
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Sigils do boost stats…..

Yeah, well I think his post is relevant since there are so many sigils that aren’t simple stat increases (and even the ones you just posted require you to kill mobs without getting downed).

I wouldn’t worry too much about it though. I would guess that we would keep sigils as well as have infusion slots added on top since there is such a variety of sigils (legendary crafting even requires a sigil).

I would, however, like to question if 2H weapons will get 2 infusion slots/2x the benefit from the slot since this provides a slight agony resistance advantage for dual wielding.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

legendary trinkets and armor should also retain the orb/rune slot imo.

All is vain.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Just looking for some confirmation that I won’t be losing the sigil slot in favor of the infusion slot.

Yes there’ll be a sigil slot along with the infusion slot.
Source is Byron (one of the devs)

Attachments:

(edited by VitalSuit.1980)

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

Sigils do boost stats…..

Now you’re just being silly…

Anyway, I have another important question though, how will Infusions factor in for 2-handed weapons. Will there be two infusion slots (i.e. we can socket 10 agony resistance) or will we be stuck with a max of 5 agony resistance unless we dual wield two 1-handed weapons. I’ve already felt the pinch with being able to use only one sigil but will we get the shaft with infusions also?

Posted by: Nauyaro.4892

Nauyaro.4892

Sigils do boost stats…..

Yeah, well I think his post is relevant since there are so many sigils that aren’t simple stat increases (and even the ones you just posted require you to kill mobs without getting downed).

I wouldn’t worry too much about it though. I would guess that we would keep sigils as well as have infusion slots added on top since there is such a variety of sigils (legendary crafting even requires a sigil).

I would, however, like to question if 2H weapons will get 2 infusion slots/2x the benefit from the slot since this provides a slight agony resistance advantage for dual wielding.

That is a great question. I’d also like to know if my 2Hander is gonna get the short end.

Jovek – 80 Sylvari Guardian
[VLK] Valkyria Immortalis
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Eidola.9148

Eidola.9148

I still wish that 2H weapons had two sigil slots, seems odd 2H weapon users don’t get the same advantage as 1H weapon users.

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Yes there’ll be a sigil slot along with the infusion slot.
Source is Byron (one of the devs)

This is fantastic news. Arenanet is doing this right. Now we just have to hope that infusions are balanced correctly.

noice

Delvoire.8930

Sigils do boost stats…..

Anyway, I have another important question though, how will Infusions factor in for 2-handed weapons. Will there be two infusion slots (i.e. we can socket 10 agony resistance) or will we be stuck with a max of 5 agony resistance unless we dual wield two 1-handed weapons. I’ve already felt the pinch with being able to use only one sigil but will we get the shaft with infusions also?

haha I was just responding to the people who said sigils don’t boost stats, when they do. Perhaps not from the get go, but you do get a stat boost.

The 1h vs 2h question is a rather good one though.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

It will also help keep Exotic weapons relevant. Where Ascended will be more locked into a stat combo, you’ll be able to diversify more with Exotic weapons but just lose a fraction of stat max.

This is what I’m expecting also tbh, it’s pretty clear Anet doesn’t want Ascended to be a requirement outside of fractals (and even then I’ve done up to 26 with zero Agony Resist, I could probably do higher but I just don’t run them much). This is further enforced by the fact that in the future of GW2 blog, they said new skills will take the place of progression.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I don’t get why people though there wouldn’t be both.

Current Ascended trinket don’t have them BUT they have stats equal to having the jewel slot used by a Jewel of the atribute line (or other), only that without the ascended jewel (as there weren’t ascended jewels).

That means that technically the infussion slot is just added to the weapon properties. As not everyone used just jewels on their weapons sigil slots, it’s a given that there will be slots to use.

That and as said before, a dev already confirmed the sigil slot is in.

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Sigils do boost stats…..

As now, I think there will not be 2x infusions as there are not 2x sigils on 2H weapons.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Since the devs have said from the start that Legendaries will always be the top weapon, my assumption was that they would have both a Sigil slot as well as an Infusion slot. This appears to have been confirmed by the devs above.

VitalSuit.1980

Since the devs have said from the start that Legendaries will always be the top weapon, my assumption was that they would have both a Sigil slot as well as an Infusion slot. This appears to have been confirmed by the devs above.

I asked Byron and he also said that Ascended weapons will have a sigil slot and infusion slot.

Posted by: kim possible.9406

kim possible.9406

the real question would be:

are there gonna be 2 different infusions for 1h and 2h weapons? 10AR-2h only-infusions and 5AR-1h only-infusions to compensate the missing slot?

if you guys know byron, plz ask him about this.. as its gonna be important for a lot of ppl running higher fractals…

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Sigil slots will remain alongside an infusion slot.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I don’t see any reason why they would remove sigils on ascended weapons. Sigils are unique to weapons and removing them in favor of infusion slots doesn’t make much sense. I suspect weapons will have infusion slots and sigil slots. And once ascended armor is added, it would make sense for it to have infusion slots and rune slots.

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Legendariss have:

1. A sigil slot
  2. An offensive infusion slot
  3. An offensive infusion slot

Source: dev livestream, they often hoer the mouse over legendaries.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

2 offensive infusion slots for 2 handed legedaries, 1 offensive infusion slot for 1 hand

R.I.P Kumu <3

VitalSuit.1980

Legendariss have:

1. A sigil slot
  2. An offensive infusion slot
  3. An offensive infusion slot

Source: dev livestream, they often hoer the mouse over legendaries.

This applies to 2 handed ascended and legendary weapons. 1 handed ascended and legensary weapons will only have 1 offensive infusion slot and sigil slot

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

If they did 2x infusion, why they can’t do 2x sigil? I completely don’t understand.
(Talking about 2h weps)

Posted by: percival.1934

percival.1934

imo, having 2 sigils in 1 single weapon is kinda OP.
having 2 switchable sigils when ure out of combat for 2h legendary is interesting tho

Einclad – Tarnished Coast
Kalau kamu bisa membaca ini, kamu sudah menghabiskan waktumu untuk hal yg tidak penting :D

Scoobaniec.9561

having 2 switchable sigils when ure out of combat for 2h legendary is interesting tho

In any way its op? Dual wielding does have 2 sigils and no1 complaining about it being op. On top of that many 1 handers deal actually highter dps than 2h. Either we will get 2 sigils for 2h weapons, or nerf 1h weapons (olny main hand sigil count). Simple as that

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If you go 2 1-handers you can get two sigil slots. Then it balances the game between 2 handed and 1 handed.

percival.1934

In any way its op? Dual wielding does have 2 sigils and no1 complaining about it being op. On top of that many 1 handers deal actually highter dps than 2h. Either we will get 2 sigils for 2h weapons, or nerf 1h weapons (olny main hand sigil count). Simple as that

no one complained its being OP because 1h basic weapon dmg is lower than 2h.
i think thats why dev compensated 2x 1h weapon with 2 sigils slot

Kalau kamu bisa membaca ini, kamu sudah menghabiskan waktumu untuk hal yg tidak penting :D

Scoobaniec.9561

no one complained its being OP because 1h basic weapon dmg is lower than 2h.
i think thats why dev compensated 2x 1h weapon with 2 sigils slot

And what weapon damage has to do with skills on it?

Want example? Axe+Mace has highter dps in warrior arsenal. Don’t say im wrong and that gs is highter dps weapon bc i will do /laugh

percival.1934

yes, indeed axe F1 burst deal best dmg in warrior weapon skills and another example is sword guardian autoattack has higher dps than gs autoattack, but that fact alone shouldnt generalize that overall 1h doing better dmg than 2h.

weapon damage is the basic thing that calculate skills #1 till skills #5 dmg
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatsword
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sword

if ur basic weapon dmg is low, u wont dealing high dmg except when those skills formula multiplier is high , which is in case for warr’s F1 axe burst