Spin Flowers

Spin Flowers

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

“Spin flowers have been changed so that they will only launch players to a pre-determined location.”

Please no. Some of them you have to take a different direction to get to secrets/shortcuts/friendly poultry.

Spin Flowers

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I’m sure they considered those things.

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Raziel.9738

Raziel.9738

I can’t get to the shortcut eagle using the spin flower anymore. Tried 3 times just now.

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I can’t get to the shortcut eagle using the spin flower anymore. Tried 3 times just now.

You shouldn’t need the spin flower to get to the shortcut eagle.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Spin Flowers

Player Character.9467

Any1 try the cave in the waterfall right after the raft?

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

That one works. Flower after the crocodile sends you to the middle. Lower flower sends you into the waterfall.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Spin Flowers

magic fly.2041

already did.
you can jump to the normal path without the spin flower. The spin flower is a bit more hidden and leads to the secret place.

Spin Flowers

Player Character.9467

Makes it a little silly for it to even be hidden tho now, if you touch the flower you found it.

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You shouldn’t need the spin flower to get to the shortcut eagle.

Uh I know I did, tried to dodge jump to it and couldn’t get far enough, flower jump works everytime though…

And what about a certain hole in the wall in W2Z? There’s no way to get into there without the flower but you need the flower to continue…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Spin Flowers

magic fly.2041

You can use a normal jump, it’s no harder than the jump with 3 baubles in w1z1

Spin Flowers

Player Character.9467

You can use a normal jump, it’s no harder than the jump with 3 baubles in w1z1

Normal jump? I only ever dodge jump those 3. Even if all those things can be reached still, the flowers weren’t something I saw complaints about and this nerf ruined their ability to be used to random explore.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Spin Flowers

magic fly.2041

And what about a certain hole in the wall in W2Z? There’s no way to get into there without the flower but you need the flower to continue…

I just checked.
A doormat was added so you can get to the hole.
screenshot included.

Attachments:

Spin Flowers

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hmm the jump to shortcut eagle is much harder now. I couldn’t get to the cloud via a normal jump, had to use a dodge jump

Spin Flowers

Player Character.9467

Hmm the jump to shortcut eagle is much harder now. I couldn’t get to the cloud via a normal jump, had to use a dodge jump

:O HI DULFY

Unrelated change but the start of trib 1-1 was changed so you can’t just hug the wall on the far right to climb onto the faces.

Spin Flowers

magic fly.2041

Unrelated change but the start of trib 1-1 was changed so you can’t just hug the wall on the far right to climb onto the faces.

Thats actually slower than just getting the balloon and jumping over like normal.

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Not the shortcut eagle!!

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I can’t seem to reach the chest right before the final boss of 2-1. Seems like you need that flower there. Last chest I need for Associate of Baubles I hope there’s another way to get there. EDIT: Made it by jumping quickly across logs so I was high enough by the time I got there to get into chest room.

Honestly I think the flowers were the only unnecessary change. None of them were buggy to my knowledge, and to use some of them in different ways it required some creative thinking. I would have preferred they stayed the same.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

Spin Flowers

Raziel.9738

I suck at those, which is why I brought it up. Just got the bauble achievement for zone 2 though. Backtracking is a pain, since falling/dying anywhere on your way back to the eagle, or during the eagle ride, means you get thrown to your last checkpoint… and have to backtrack the whole level yet again.

Spin Flowers

magic fly.2041

I can’t seem to reach the chest right before the final boss of 2-1. Seems like you need that flower there. Last chest I need for Associate of Baubles I hope there’s another way to get there.

Honestly I think the flowers were the only unnecessary change. None of them were buggy to my knowledge, and to use some of them in different ways it required some creative thinking. I would have preferred they stayed the same.

The chest behind the waterfall with 50 baubles in it?
there is another entrance into that cave.

Spin Flowers

Raziel.9738

I can’t seem to reach the chest right before the final boss of 2-1. Seems like you need that flower there. Last chest I need for Associate of Baubles I hope there’s another way to get there.

That’s a jump you should easily be able to make if you use the pictures in Dulfy’s guide.

Spin Flowers

Adamantium.3682

That’s a jump you should easily be able to make if you use the pictures in Dulfy’s guide.

That rock she jumped on has been removed, now only a tiny piece of it remains against the wall. There is another way in, but Dulfy’s guide is not it.

Jade Quarry

Spin Flowers

Raziel.9738

Then I think you can ride the last log all the way to the bottom of the waterfall, while running against the waterfal (if that makes any sense). Then it’s a series of jumpy shrooms guarded by bears that will get you all the way up top.

Spin Flowers

Player Character.9467

Then I think you can ride the last log all the way to the bottom of the waterfall, while running against the waterfal (if that makes any sense). Then it’s a series of jumpy shrooms guarded by bears that will get you all the way up top.

Oh THAT cave? That’s the only way I ever bothered to get into there lol

Spin Flowers

dulfy.1493

That rock she jumped on has been removed, now only a tiny piece of it remains against the wall. There is another way in, but Dulfy’s guide is not it.

You can still make the jump, it is a bit harder now. The little stub is enough to land on it. You just have to turn a bit left when you jump (i.e. change direction when you jump so you land on that little stub

See example: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-associate-of-baubles-world-2-achievement-guide-64.jpg

Remember you are carrying the key for that chest so anything risky could cause you to lose the key if you die in the waterfall.

Spin Flowers

Raziel.9738

On a sidenote, Dulfy, I know you’re busy with all the new content but would it be possible to eventually add a guide for all the assassin locations in W2Z2 as well? I’ve run through that zone about 10 times now and I’d love to never go back there again after I finally get that achievement.

Spin Flowers

dulfy.1493

Yup I was making it before getting interrupted by the new patch etc. They changed a bunch of stuff in w2z2 so i had to redo it. arrgh

Spin Flowers

Adamantium.3682

You can still make the jump, it is a bit harder now. The little stub is enough to land on it. You just have to turn a bit left when you jump (i.e. change direction when you jump so you land on that little stub

See example: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-associate-of-baubles-world-2-achievement-guide-64.jpg

Remember you are carrying the key for that chest so anything risky could cause you to lose the key if you die in the waterfall.

Gotcha thanks

Jade Quarry

Spin Flowers

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Flowers were probably fine….as long as you had room to maneuver around it. Instead of making the flowers always just go to one place, the platforms around the flowers could be made larger, and the landing areas larger as well.

Though I can see where some lag might have made them act unpredictably and make them harder.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Spin Flowers

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

this is super lame! now everyone will know where it is with that doorstop.

Spin Flowers

magic fly.2041

do you mean that hole in the wall in zone 2?
It was extremely obvious without it anyway, so I don’t see much of a difference.

Spin Flowers

Adamantium.3682

do you mean that hole in the wall in zone 2?
It was extremely obvious without it anyway, so I don’t see much of a difference.

Yeah, as if we had to go through some crazy jumps and use a bomb on some obscure wall behind a waterfall.

It was a gaping hole in the wall. On your way to the next checkpoint.

Jade Quarry