[Spoiler] World 1 Zone 3 Undiscovered Secret

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Thorg.6809

Thorg.6809

I’ve found a secret in World 1, Zone 3 and I can’t find any information on it online. I think no one else has discovered it, or published anything on it. However, I’m stuck trying to fully get into the secret area.

What I’ve discovered so far is a cannon(like the ones in the SAB hub) behind a wall at the very beginning of zone 3. So, I tried to climb my way up to it. I’ve made it to the platform above ground level, on the right side of the area when facing ahead toward the next checkpoint. On this platform, I opened a secret door with a bomb and it revealed a pushable block in the way. The problem is, I can’t push it. I have the ‘push’ skill unlocked from world 2, but it simply doesn’t interact with the block. I’ve tried bombing other areas around the block to maybe open another way in, or somehow allow me to make the block move, but nothing seems to work.

Anyway, I encourage anyone interested to try and solve it, because I’m pretty stuck. Post in this thread if you make any progress!

Good Quality Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/vkhrX#0

Poor Quality Screenshots:

Attachments:

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s new which is any you don’t see anything. I guess I’ll have to take a look later.

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

Maybe the access to it is not open yet since it might require a glove upgrade further down the road. (A Dev noted that there are 3 versions of the glove that will eventually be released.)

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

Posted by: Thorg.6809

Thorg.6809

Maybe the access to it is not open yet since it might require a glove upgrade further down the road. (A Dev noted that there are 3 versions of the glove that will eventually be released.)

That would certainly make sense. Though if it’s true, I wish they wouldn’t allow us to open the wall with bombs, else people like me waste an hour or two trying to figure it out.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Found this one fairly fast when I got to that point in Tribulation mode and spotted the cannon.

I was able to push it just fine in Tribulation Zone 3 and also in Normal Zone 3, but in Tribulation the block you push to get further inside gets blocked off by a No-no cloud.

In normal mode you’re allowed access up to the cannon though. Couldn’t find anything specific in the area leading to the cannon, just some rocky formations to jump up. By jumping (note that you can’t just walk into the cannon) you get shot over to the opposite side where you may or may not land inside the flower-platform that gobbles on you. From there you can jump up on the branch of the tree and follow it up top, then to your right is a large area filled with acidic water. I tried running through the acidic water, but couldn’t find anything of interest in there either, at the end there was simply a acidic small waterfall and nowhere else to go.

Interestingly enough you can however jump around on the outside of the wall to get over to the Queen Bee maze, an area that seemed impossible to get through without finding a way on top of the maze itself, as it seems the entire flooring below the actual maze is just a lava trap. This lead me to believe that this was the only way to reach the third and final honey comb for the achievement, but with the cloud blocking my access to the cannon, I couldn’t really get anywhere in Tribulation mode.

I have read someone mention they found a Guardian Lullaby song for the Whistle though, so perhaps that’s related to it, maybe making the cloud go away or something.

However, today when I tried to show my friend the little secret area, neither of us were able to push the block anymore, so I ain’t sure if it intentionally was patched out, or if that is perhaps a side effect of a later patch. It worked fine a few hours after the patch was deployed yesterday at least.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Home Fries.5081

Home Fries.5081

Ok. There is a secret area in teh acid maze. I am currently trying to get there, but here’s what you do. You take the cannon to the branch. Follow it up until you are able to jump to the acidic area. Keep jumping until you get to the waterfall, and somehow jump up onto it. I was able to go all the way to the end of the waterfall and jump up on top of it a few times.

After the waterfall, the screen turns into a green haze, and becomes hard to see. It also seems to turn into a maze which only makes it harder. I am stuck at this area since it seems you need HP potions in order to mantain some of your health.

Chicken and Rice

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

My path in this maze ended with me at the top of the whole maze and an extra life as a reward.

Dunno if there’s more to it as i wasn’t able to find anything and didn’t had any potion in order to help me carpet bomb the snake part of the maze (which i didn’t even had to go through, not sure if i cheated).

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

My path in this maze ended with me at the top of the whole maze and an extra life as a reward.

Dunno if there’s more to it as i wasn’t able to find anything and didn’t had any potion in order to help me carpet bomb the snake part of the maze (which i didn’t even had to go through, not sure if i cheated).

a buddy and i had the same.. no clue where to go from there

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

Posted by: Melvin.3295

Melvin.3295

Don’t forget to dig under the life for the 50 baubles, I’ll also add some screenshots from me and wicked up there for people that are interested, but there doesn’t seem to be too much up in the maze itself as was said earlier. It just really bugged us all of that tricky jumping would just reward into a 50 baubles + 1 life as total reward :s

http://i.imgur.com/fwby0Ly.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8ChN7Sb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XyS8Nmq.jpg

Kaname Tanuma – 80 Necromancer
Far Shiverpeaks – Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

Posted by: Frugghi.9046

Frugghi.9046

How do you get past the acid maze? :S