Thank you for the update!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I just wanted to thank Josh and everyone at Anet who took the time to do some post release polish in response to the feedback. I can’t wait to try it out, although our guild already got a group through 2-2. We still have some people who haven’t.

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

Well good luck to you… but im one of the people that are kitten ed because of that “polish”. Everything was doable without that polish it was hard and we got rewarded a unique skin…. now that they patched it its really really easy compared to before and many more people will have access to those skins -.-"

Posted by: Denshee.5917

Denshee.5917

I just wanted to thank Josh and everyone at Anet who took the time to do some post release polish in response to the feedback. I can’t wait to try it out, although our guild already got a group through 2-2. We still have some people who haven’t.

I am sorry but this patch just ruined SAB Tribulation mode, if you couldnt make it before patch you did not deserve to.

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

Didn’t realise they made the content just for you.

Posted by: AppleHack.7340

AppleHack.7340

Didn’t realize TM was meant to be easy, i thought i heard it being advertised as “hard” and “not for the majority” somewhere but i must have been mistaken.

Posted by: ImNotWearingPants.2681

ImNotWearingPants.2681

I spent roughly 10 hours doing TM on World 2 the day before Anet caved to the whiners. Now there’s a bug after the teleporter puzzle in W2 Z2 that kills you upon respawning once everytime you die. The cloud save point after that doesn’t even work either.

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

I am sorry but this patch just ruined SAB Tribulation mode, if you couldnt make it before patch you did not deserve to.

As simply as that. I think a-net wants to destroy their own game. Even Sims is harder to play. Lmao.

Posted by: Aeon.1674

Aeon.1674

Tribulation Mode is a grueling difficulty intended for hardcore gamers and serves as a torture platformer in the same vain as I Wanna Be The Guy and Kaizo Mario. Torture platformers has been cited as a direct inspiration for the mode. - Quote from GW2’s Wiki

I am fully aware that GW2 is roaming with achievement hunters, who doesn’t want to miss out on a a lot of achievements, or perhaps the rare weapons. But the truth is, this gamemode was made to take SAB to the next level… We already had Easy Mode and Normal Mode…. Now we have Hard Mode, and some people just have to accept that Hard Mode is not ment for them.

I think it is wrong to make it easier if some people were able to complete it. The purpose was to make it hard, and if it was too hard… Then they can have that in mind when making World 3.

I myself haven’t tried tribulation mode yet, and I don’t think I will end up completing it as I would probably get too frustrated.

To cut it short: I think that the people who managed to complete it as it was intended should have it for themselves, however if it was errors and bugs causing it to be too hard, then I understand why the changed it.

AppleHack.7340

Tribulation Mode is a grueling difficulty intended for hardcore gamers and serves as a torture platformer in the same vain as I Wanna Be The Guy and Kaizo Mario. Torture platformers has been cited as a direct inspiration for the mode. - Quote from GW2’s Wiki

I am fully aware that GW2 is roaming with achievement hunters, who doesn’t want to miss out on a a lot of achievements, or perhaps the rare weapons. But the truth is, this gamemode was made to take SAB to the next level… We already had Easy Mode and Normal Mode…. Now we have Hard Mode, and some people just have to accept that Hard Mode is not ment for them.

I think it is wrong to make it easier if some people were able to complete it. The purpose was to make it hard, and if it was too hard… Then they can have that in mind when making World 3.

I myself haven’t tried tribulation mode yet, and I don’t think I will end up completing it as I would probably get too frustrated.

To cut it short: I think that the people who managed to complete it as it was intended should have it for themselves, however if it was errors and bugs causing it to be too hard, then I understand why the changed it.

YES! Someone gets it! If you advertise something as hard content and if someone manages to beat it you don’t go and nerf the content because it will devalue the accomplishment of the people who did manage to do it. Instead, you go and make the next version a little bit easier if you truly did think that it was too difficult.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The content was nerfed because it relied too heavily on a perfect connection. This is an online game and as such they need to take a multitude of connections into consideration when they design the content. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

I also want to thank Josh and the other devs from the bottom of my heart. Honestly, I don’t care about the difficulty but the fact that they managed to get so much kitten out of people by only adding 3 checkpoints to TM is incredible. I’m seriously laughing my kitten off right now at all the whining I’m seeing. 3 freaking check points and everyone pitches a fit. Unreal.

AppleHack.7340

I also want to thank Josh and the other devs from the bottom of my heart. Honestly, I don’t care about the difficulty but the fact that they managed to get so much kitten out of people by only adding 3 checkpoints to TM is incredible. I’m seriously laughing my kitten off right now at all the whining I’m seeing. 3 freaking check points and everyone pitches a fit. Unreal.

All the changes made to Normal mode also carried over to the Tribulation mode, that’s the biggest problem, not the checkpoints.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

All the changes made to Normal mode also carried over to the Tribulation mode, that’s the biggest problem, not the checkpoints.

Good, that means all the broken crap that got fixed got fixed for both modes. TM wasn’t supposed to be hard because of broken crap like those flowers and bs rapids mechanics, it was supposed to be hard because of the hidden stuff, jumping, and what not.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I wish to add my thanks too, great work Josh and team, you guys have done great. Things may not be perfect for everyone, but I am sure you have many great plans for the next release.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Um.. where did the OP say a kitten thing about TM? Will you guys just chill the heck out and not assume everyone glad for the polish to NM is oh so happy your precious TM accidently got nerfed?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Lucky.9421

Well good luck to you… but im one of the people that are kitten ed because of that “polish”. Everything was doable without that polish it was hard and we got rewarded a unique skin…. now that they patched it its really really easy compared to before and many more people will have access to those skins -.-"

Well, I was talking about NM and our guild groups, not solo TM runs. Some of our guildies were getting frustrated, especially with the glitchy river part. I know I was.

If it makes you feel better Gumby, I have not done 2-2 TM yet but will skip it so you will not have to feel bad about one more person getting it. -.-

Lucky.9421

Always someone complaining about something.

Lucky.9421

Seriously people may be more impressed with you being a pleasant person than having some weapon skin.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

No positive topic is left unsullied when someone has a grudge.

I am genuinely eager to see the next world after the last patch and seeing how dedicated Josh is to the adventure box does fill me with confidence.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I love SAB worlds 1 and 2, I agree with the reasoning behind the latest update, and tribulation mode world 2 is STILL hard. Those folks out there who say it is easy have probably already completed it multiple times so it’s fairly obvious that any slight decrease in difficulty is going to be immediately noticeable to them. Rest assured, folks, there are those of us who have yet to complete tribulation mode (even on World 1) and we can attest to its difficulty.

Also: if you think that having a yellow 8-bit weapon skin somehow makes you better than the other 95% of the playerbase that doesn’t have that skin, you have much to learn. That skin simply shows your dedication to Super Adventure Box, and to be completely honest I find it offensive that you would think other people somehow do not deserve this skin simply because they completed the extremely difficult challenge with a very slight handicap.

Skins do not make you “cool.” Lucky had it right: Being a pleasant person makes you cool.

Can’t please everyone though, I suppose. C’est la vie.