The problem with Infinite Light

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

For those of you familiar, you know that the sword Infinite Light has a magic find stat by default upon creation. This is also, to my knowledge, the most expensive non-legendary weapon in the game.

From what I’ve read, all existing MF items will become account bound. Those items listed on the TP will be returned to their owners. I assume this means they will be stuck with them. Unfortunate for them sure, but at last check there were only what…half a dozen of these even listed?

If we make one of these after the change in MF patch, will we have the option to choose it’s stats? What will the new default stats be? Will it be account bound? Will those that already created and listed the item be free to list it again after they change it’s stats?

I’m sure this isn’t the only item on the TP that will be impacted like this with the MF change. For expensive items like this, players should be given a way to make up for their time and cost of creating the item. Sure, they get their listing fee back, but they are now stuck with something they wanted to turn into profit, likely as part of a goal to reach something else.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Good question, never thought of this. Imo the items that have mf stats from the forge would get a new stat allocation predetermined by a-net and not chosen by the item bearer. If those items will be account bound after the switch is hard to say, but I think it would be pretty shotty on a-nets behalf to screw people out of selling the item that they created only to sell.

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

Mjölnir.

That said, I’m sure you will be taken care of.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Probably only crafted items, ones that use insignias, will be made account bound. This is probably why the example they gave was a crafted item and why you’d be able to choose any other crafted stat combo. Everything else will probably just have the magic find on it updated, similar to how celestial gear is simply getting it removed. I really can’t see them returning and making account bound the millions of green/rare/exotic items that have a little bit of magic find on it.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

How much profit is there in making IL?
I wish they would return all legendary weapons and not make them sellable on the trading post. I my mind this has always been wrong. There is nothing legendary about a weapons or item that you can craft and then just sell to other players.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I was under the impression the MF items become account bound until you select the new set of stats and then they became, “Soulbound on Use” and could be sold normally (with the new stat base). No idea how this applies to items that were Soulbound prior to the update (they were discussing a crafted item on the TP).

I tend to agree with the idea that Precursors and Legendaries should not be sell-able.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

How much profit is there in making IL?
I wish they would return all legendary weapons and not make them sellable on the trading post. I my mind this has always been wrong. There is nothing legendary about a weapons or item that you can craft and then just sell to other players.

Very minimal.

The only non-purchasable component that would have a ‘premium’ is the skillpoints. And those have been really easy to acquire due to champ boxes.

So any reasonable player would rather make their own rather than pay a premium for 50 skillpoints.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Thanks for that Vol I suspected as much about it’s profitability and limited market.

For the record I am not against precursors being for sale to other players. Legendary weapons on the other hand, I am. Sadly I don’t see this changing ever. Which is rather sad to me.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m going to guess that the “conversion” of MF gear to other gear of your choice is not going to apply to named items like Infinite Light (only to crafted items, most likely). Rather, those items will probably be given a different stat by default and have that change applied to all items of that type. Their bound status will probably remain unchanged as well.

The reason being that those items only have 1 stat distribution to begin with. Every single Infinite Light (sans transmuted ones) has the exact same stats. There is no “Berserker’s Infinite Light, Rabid Infinite Light, ect”. Letting you convert Infinite Light and other similar items to whatever stat set you want would end up causing a 1-time creation event of a bunch of weapons which would be completely unique and unattainable any other way. You can’t ever create a Berserker’s Infinite Light via the forge, but if you have Infinite Light already when this conversion takes place and they allowed conversion, you can make with Zerker stats at that point and that point only. Doesn’t seem like that would be a very good thing to do.

Unless the “conversion” isn’t really going to be a conversion at all, but rather just a free transmutation to any craftable stat set of your choice. In which case it would be no different than transmuting Infinite Light with a Besererker’s Pearl Saber, except it’d be “free”.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

@Electro, excellent point. Hadn’t considered that.

I haven’t made one yet, but I’m ‘only’ 200 lodes away. It makes sense that unique items will simply be updated.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think the best solution for this would be to make super-expensive Exotics like Infinite Light or Mjolnir Ascended weapons too. That way they can continue to be sold on the TP, since their stats can be freely adjusted when necessary.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I think the best solution for this would be to make super-expensive Exotics like Infinite Light or Mjolnir Ascended weapons too. That way they can continue to be sold on the TP, since their stats can be freely adjusted when necessary.

fyi, only legendaries get the ability to freely switch stats. It’s possible to switch stats on other items, but a gem store item is required. Also, all ascended items are account bound by design, since the whole point is to make you work for them over a length of time.